Unitarianism vs Trinitarianism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have found I have a lot in common with those who believe in Oneness.

Trinitarianism and unitarianism (and though not touched on much in this thread, binitarianism) do have some beliefs in common. You will have more in common with the unitarians (and the binitarians) than I (representing Jewish monotheism) do.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in ONE GOD, now there may be those who like to put labels on ppl such as...................
Multiple places in scripture the creator, God, has said himself, there is only one God and none others.
Screenshot_20221116-085330.jpg

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in ONE GOD, now there may be those who like to put labels on ppl such as...................
Multiple places in scripture the creator, God, has said himself, there is only one God and none others.
View attachment 27233

V7. Thou madest him a littler than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and DIDEST SET HIM .....OVER....THE WORKS OF THY HANDS.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Interesting that in Romans 8 we have Father, Son and Holy Spirit - God in Three Persons - within the course of a few lines:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

Father, Son and Holy Spirit in John's First Epistle also:

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son... Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 2:22; 4:2-3)

The word Trinity is not in the Bible; but what the word Trinity refers to - God in Three Persons - certainly is in the Bible.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Interesting that in Romans 8 we have Father, Son and Holy Spirit - God in Three Persons - within the course of a few lines:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."
No where does this say God in 3 persons.
God is the Father of the Son of man, Jesus was born 100% flesh, and 100% God. It is God's Holy Spirit, man also has a spirit as do animals. The spirit of man goes up, the spirit of animals goes down into the ground, for they have NOT a living soul ! God's Spirit is holy for he, himself is holy.

WE ARE 100 % FLESH and are adopted into God through Christ to be joint heirs with God; we are NOT THE NATURAL CHILDREN OF GOD !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People do err not correctly dividing in context the Word, nor having understanding through the Spirit of God !

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No where does this say God in 3 persons.
God is the Father of the Son of man, Jesus was born 100% flesh, and 100% God. It is God's Holy Spirit, man also has a spirit as do animals. The spirit of man goes up, the spirit of animals goes down into the ground, for they have NOT a living soul ! God's Spirit is holy for he, himself is holy.

WE ARE 100 % FLESH and are adopted into God through Christ to be joint heirs with God; we are NOT THE NATURAL CHILDREN OF GOD !
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d This is a great passage supporting a great truth:

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:18-20)

Father, Son and Holy Spirit all show their Personalities: they are all Persons who are moved with feeling within Themselves:

"and lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17)

"In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight." (Luke 10:17)

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." (Ephesians 4:30)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mind will not nor cannot be changed except by his Holy Spirit.
This thought I now believe has come to me through study and his Spirit.
I AM NO LONGER BOUND BY PROTESTANT BELIEFS!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was born 100% flesh, and 100% God.
Not only is this nowhere in Scripture, it contradicts Judeo-Christian theology on the wages of sin and substitutionary punishment.

No part of Jesus can be God for all parts of Jesus had to die. This is why Romans 10:9 makes salvation a condition of believing that God - in his unitarian nature - raised Jesus from the dead. (NOTE: It doesn't say a part of Jesus was alive or 'the Father' raised Jesus but God, meaning God in his wholeness, in his unitarian nature) It doesn't get heavier than that.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to say personalities.......lol. I have several WAYS of displaying the facets of my personality.
As a Mother is one, as a daughter is another as well as a friend.........done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only is this nowhere in Scripture, it contradicts Judeo-Christian theology on the wages of sin and substitutionary punishment.

No part of Jesus can be God for all parts of Jesus had to die. This is why Romans 10:9 makes salvation a condition of believing that God - in his unitarian nature - raised Jesus from the dead. (NOTE: It doesn't say a part of Jesus was alive or 'the Father' raised Jesus but God, meaning God in his wholeness, in his unitarian nature) It doesn't get heavier than that.

The flesh or natural part of Jesus died. Yet he spent three days in hell according to scripture preaching the good news to prisoners there. So therefore the God part of Jesus did not die but was very much active. On his ascension he only returned unto the Father from whence he came !

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems you embrace the concept. (And I didn't ask if you reject the term)

If Jesus was born 100% God, why did God's spirit descend on him when he was baptized?
O, the mysteries of God are rich and some will NEVER be revealed here!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It looks like a thread was deleted from the forum

He made a second attempt to spread anarchy like a cancer in another forum. It was deleted like his first attempt was and I haven’t seen him since. I don’t know if that is by his choice or someone else’s.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Tertullian, a Latin theologian who wrote in the early third century, was the first to use "Trinity"[8] "person" and "substance"[9] to explain that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are "one in essence – not one in Person

“… the entire work of the Creator devolves on Christ.”

(Tertullian, Against Marcion, Book 4, Chapter 15)

Devolves?

“To give power or responsibility to a person or group that is at a lower level or has less authority”

Tertullian constantly makes a distinction between the Creator and Christ. In Tertullian’s mind is the belief that there was a time when the Son did not exist. Once the Son is brought into existence - at the time of the creation, by the Creator - then the Son is thought of by Tertullian as God, though distinct from, inferior to, lesser than, the Creator.

You don’t think like that. No trinitarian thinks like that.

Reactions: Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.