Unitarianism vs Trinitarianism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* Why did the church in the 5th century think it was necessary? *

Yes, if the person wants to be a trinitarian and / or defend trinitarianism.

That’s takes care of Chalcedon, and almost all churches say they are Chalcedonian.

Let’s ask me the same question about Nicaea and Constantinople.

”Do you think the average person needs to get that in depth?”

Yes, if the person wants to be a trinitarian and / or defend trinitarianism.

I’ve already told you anecdotally why it’s not discussed from the trinitarian pulpit.

Would you like to hear my advice?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always trying to make things personal.
You launch insults then say I am making it personal? You implied that I don’t think for myself or do research, Again, speak for yourself. You just did

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real agenda of this thread is DO WE BELIEVE WHAT GOD SAYS.
Do we ?
Salvation can ONLY come through and by God, correct?

If a person accepts salvation by any other means then are they really saved ? I say NO they are not. They are soothing their conscience and tickling their own ears.

Can man save himself or us ?

If we refuse to believe God and his word why cling to the hope of heaven or his precious promises ?

Reactions: marks and RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! No where does Scripture say Jesus is God but it does say 37 times that he is the son of god. I’m thinking those that claim he is god don’t want to believe what God says.
Did you miss the question he asked?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! No where does Scripture say Jesus is God but it does say 37 times that he is the son of god. I’m thinking those that claim he is god don’t want to believe what God says.

Then you are outside the camp, NOT KNOWING GOD !
GOD IS the creator of everything; by his spoken word he made the heaven and earth and created all things therein.

You do not recognize Jesus as God but want to only identify him as The Son of God. ........why ?
Do you suppose if you identify him as he is, more will be required of you.... it will be required anyway for you have handled the Word of God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I had several pieces of advice that I would have shared with you last night. When I woke up this morning I felt in my spirit that I shouldn’t share all of them with you at this time.

You’ve surely heard me encourage others to read widely, deeply, thoughtfully and critically.

The advice I will share with you this morning is to spend time reading the writings of the early Church Fathers.

It matters knowing how we‘ve come to be where we are and who we are.

Reactions: RLT63

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
‘“Thou art the Son of God,’ - of what God, is clear enough from the case itself.”

(Tertullian, Against Marcion, Book 4, Chapter 8)

The Son of the one God of Israel. The Son of the Father alone.

Tertullian’s argument against Marcion is not an argument against Marcion alone.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘“Thou art the Son of God,’ - of what God, is clear enough from the case itself.”

It looks like a thread was deleted from the forum

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had several pieces of advice that I would have shared with you last night. When I woke up this morning I felt in my spirit that I shouldn’t share all of them with you at this time.

You’ve surely heard me encourage others to read widely, deeply, thoughtfully and critically.

The advice I will share with you this morning is to spend time reading the writings of the early Church Fathers.

It matters knowing how we‘ve come to be where we are and who we are.
Better to spend the time in the Bible. God's Word will do things in your heart and mind that commentaries won't do.

Become so immersed in Scripture that it is what fills your mind.

Much love!

Reactions: RLT63

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Marcion was unable to marshal a defense against Tertullian's thrust, but trinitarianism later did.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The real agenda of this thread is DO WE BELIEVE WHAT GOD SAYS.
Do we ?
Salvation can ONLY come through and by God, correct?

If a person accepts salvation by any other means then are they really saved ? I say NO they are not. They are soothing their conscience and tickling their own ears.

Can man save himself or us ?

If we refuse to believe God and his word why cling to the hope of heaven or his precious promises ?

“You people worship what you do not understand; we worship what we understand, because salvation is from the Jews.”

(John 4:22, NABRE)

Unitarianism is from the Jews.

Trinitarianism isn’t from the Jews.

Reactions: Wrangler

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“You people worship what you do not understand; we worship what we understand, because salvation is from the Jews.”

(John 4:22, NABRE)

Unitarianism is from the Jews.

Trinitarianism isn’t from the Jews.

Lol, I am not Jewish, yet I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD !
Not 3 persons or entities for that would make 3 gods.
He also doesn't have a split personality.

1 Timothy 2:5 (3-6)
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight ofGOD OUR SAVIOUR.
5. For THERE IS ONE GOD, and one MEDIATOR between God and men,, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS.

God is our saviour, and by his Spirit he came, born in the flesh in the  form of a man named Jesus as fulfillment of his word.

Galatians 3:20 (18-21)
20. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, BUT GOD IS ONE.
Ephesians 4:5 (2-5)
ONE LORD,ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM.

God spoke the heavens, stars, sun, and moon into existence. He spoke the creatures into existence by his word; living, breathing birth giving animals.
God can speak any FORM into existence. He can also extend himself into any FORM as well.
Exodus 13:19-22
21 ANDTHE LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud,to lead them in the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night.

There is one God!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another subject that has come up is Pentecostal Oneness, a different form of Unitarianism. (I don't know if they consider themselves Unitarians, but they believe Jesus is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.)
Modalistic Monarchianism, also known as Modalism or Oneness Christology, is a Christian theology upholding the oneness of God as well as the divinity of Jesus; as a form of Monarchianism, it stands in contrast with Trinitarianism. Modalistic Monarchianism considers God to be one while working through or existing as the different "modes" or "manifestations" of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, without limiting his modes or manifestations.[1][2]

In this view, all the godhead is understood to have dwelt in Jesus from the incarnation, who they understand to be a manifestation of Yahweh in the Old Testament. The terms "Father" and "Son" are then used to describe the distinction between the transcendence of God and the incarnation (God in immanence).[3] Lastly, since God is a spirit, it is held that the Holy Spirit should not be understood as a separate entity but rather to describe God in action.

Modalistic Monarchianism is closely related to Sabellianism and Patripassianism, two ancient theologies condemned as heresy in the Great Church and successive state church of the Roman Empire.[4][5]

Modalistic Monarchianism - Wikipedia
I have found I have a lot in common with those who believe in Oneness.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Lol, I am not Jewish, yet I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD !
Not 3 persons or entities for that would make 3 gods.
He also doesn't have a split personality.

1 Timothy 2:5 (3-6)
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight ofGOD OUR SAVIOUR.
5. For THERE IS ONE GOD, and one MEDIATOR between God and men,, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS.

God is our saviour, and by his Spirit he came, born in the flesh in the  form of a man named Jesus as fulfillment of his word.

Galatians 3:20 (18-21)
20. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, BUT GOD IS ONE.
Ephesians 4:5 (2-5)
ONE LORD,ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM.

God spoke the heavens, stars, sun, and moon into existence. He spoke the creatures into existence by his word; living, breathing birth giving animals.
God can speak any FORM into existence. He can also extend himself into any FORM as well.
Exodus 13:19-22
21 ANDTHE LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud,to lead them in the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night.

There is one God!

You aren’t Jewish. Jesus is Jewish.

Something you have in common is that neither you nor he (nor Jews in general) believe in the Trinity.

Jesus believes in one God. You believe in one God. The trinitarians believe in one God. The binitarians believe in one God.

Which one God to believe in?

My answer to the question is to believe only in the one God whom Jesus believes in. That, as I see it, is the solid ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.