Unlearning To Learn

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A message
thought i was gonna get the Blues brothers, but anyway here you need an avatar? :)
soulman.jpg

Reactions: soul man and Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
A message like this can easily be taken in a wrong way.
Like God doesn't use man, I do not believe that, the scripture teachs different, but then there is that one little scripture that says " you have no need for man to teach you."
I think that can be taken out of context as well.

It appears there was man teaching going on, but those were tested by the Church.

What would their teachings be tested for? Agreement with the scriptures as understood by the Holy Spirit. So a teaching was tested if it was from God by comparing to other teachings from God. We see the necessity of the Spirit for the teacher and the listener. If someone teaches what is true is it really their teaching? Only if it is derived from their own reasoning.

Reactions: soul man

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think it was obvious...he is probably thinking that some of us may desire to share scriptures that they used to see one way...and how God corrected their course and showed them deeper truth on the same verse ....or even one which contradicts what they first believed when a young green Christian.
"Bible Study" is a happier place than "Debate"...debates can get ugly and often do. :(

bible study addresses scripture, of which the OP doesn't, the posting maybe more fitting in an other section since this doesn't address any scripture does it bygrace?

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A message like this can easily be taken in a wrong way.
Like God doesn't use man, I do not believe that, the scripture teachs different, but then there is that one little scripture that says " you have no need for man to teach you."
I think that can be taken out of context as well.

Remember this One Thing---- Our Savior said that those that HUNGER and THIRST for Righteousness Would be Filled!!! Here is the Key How Hungry are You. will a tablespoon be enough, or will you always be Hungry, no matter how much you are fed? I also agree, we were promised that the Spirit would lead us to the Truth, and that we would not need man to declare what is Truth!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the OP is a great reflection of Scripture, that is seen and not seen, imo
i could connect the OP to Scripture for the rest of the day lol, just dare me

oh and i guess just count on not liking it much when i do, too lol

I came to bring a sword, not peace

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since the reformation and the use of scripture to demonise the Roman Catholic Church, the fourth beast of Daniel 7:1-12 and the fourth segment of Daniel 2:31-45 have been linked as being the Roman Catholic Church by the Protestant churches, but do we have to unlearn this hearsay because the bible also indicated that: -

a. the beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are wicked fallen heavenly hosts, Isaiah 24:21-22, Ephesians 6:12, and

b. the fourth segment of the Statue Prophecy of Daniel 2:31-45 is Iraq after the land of the Chaldeans was desolated and devastated for a period just over 2,000 years, Jeremiah 51:39 and Revelation 16:19, which then makes the fifth segment the Coalition of the willing and not the Revived Roman Empire.

This is something to chew the fat over and to come to a better understanding of scripture as we unlearn what we though we knew and actually learn what the scriptures actually teach.

Shalom

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you have no need for man to teach you."
Because no man can make anything a revelation to us, only He can do that, and personally, I would be very very careful of following ANY man..The truth Jesus has shown me I can certainly share with other believers, but what I cannot do, is to make it REAL for them, and that is the entire thing.....The reality of it all, spiritual or otherwise..

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the OP is a great reflection of Scripture, that is seen and not seen, imo
i could connect the OP to Scripture for the rest of the day lol, just dare me

oh and i guess just count on not liking it much when i do, too lol

I came to bring a sword, not peace

Lol

Reactions: pia

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the reformation and the use of scripture to demonise the Roman Catholic Church, the fourth beast of Daniel 7:1-12 and the fourth segment of Daniel 2:31-45 have been linked as being the Roman Catholic Church by the Protestant churches, but do we have to unlearn this hearsay because the bible also indicated that: -

a. the beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are wicked fallen heavenly hosts, Isaiah 24:21-22, Ephesians 6:12, and

b. the fourth segment of the Statue Prophecy of Daniel 2:31-45 is Iraq after the land of the Chaldeans was desolated and devastated for a period just over 2,000 years, Jeremiah 51:39 and Revelation 16:19, which then makes the fifth segment the Coalition of the willing and not the Revived Roman Empire.

This is something to chew the fat over and to come to a better understanding of scripture as we unlearn what we though we knew and actually learn what the scriptures actually teach.

Shalom

If I'm understanding you right, I would say yes, some strange stuff has been gleaned from scripture through the years.
You know what is cool about forums nothing lol joking, you get to see the diversity of God's creation.
We are quick to read something out of scripture and give it a place in religion.
Making accusations against others, when it has nothing to do with anything, just an observation.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because no man can make anything a revelation to us, only He can do that, and personally, I would be very very careful of following ANY man..The truth Jesus has shown me I can certainly share with other believers, but what I cannot do, is to make it REAL for them, and that is the entire thing.....The reality of it all, spiritual or otherwise..

Yes Paul's point was to always spur others to revelation.

Reactions: pia and Helen