Unpopular Opinions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share your unpopular opinions here.

Mine?

I now think selfies are vain and unflattering at best and begging for temptation at worst.

I used to post them and had dozens of them. I'm done.

People who are clever about capturing women's beauty in photos often have them laughing, enjoying life, and looking unaware of the camera. There's something to that. A photo taken by someone else is just better.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was the first creation of God the Father kjv rev 3.14
Hebrews 1:8-9
But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the first creation of God the Father kjv rev 3.14

In Jn. 1:1 we read,

'In beginning was the Word"
"Ἐν (In) ἀρχῇ (beginning) ἦν (was) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word)..."

"the Word was with God"
"καὶ (and) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) ἦν (was) πρὸς τὸν (with) θεόν (God),..."

"and God was the Word"
"καὶ (and) θεὸς (God) ἦν (was) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word)..."

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us"
"Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν, καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ, δόξαν ὡς μονογενοῦς παρὰ πατρός, πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας." "Καὶ (And) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) σὰρξ (flesh) ἐγένετο (became) καὶ (and) ἐσκήνωσεν (dwelt) ἐν (among) ἡμῖν (us)..." (Jn. 1:14)

We read Jesus is the Word Who became flesh (Jn. 1:14), the same Word identified as God in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus the Messiah was God Incarnate: Jesus, the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33). Therefore, God didn't create Jesus, because He didn't create Himself, as God is eternal.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In Jn. 1:1 we read,

'In beginning was the Word"
"Ἐν (In) ἀρχῇ (beginning) ἦν (was) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word)..."

"the Word was with God"
"καὶ (and) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) ἦν (was) πρὸς τὸν (with) θεόν (God),...

"and God was the Word:"
"καὶ (and) θεὸς (God) ἦν (was) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word)..."

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us"
"Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν, καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ, δόξαν ὡς μονογενοῦς παρὰ πατρός, πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας." "Καὶ (And) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) σὰρξ (flesh) ἐγένετο (became) καὶ (and) ἐσκήνωσεν (dwelt) ἐν (among) ἡμῖν (us)..." (Jn. 1:14)

We read Jesus is the Word Who became flesh (Jn. 1:14), the same Word identified as God in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus the Messiah was God Incarnate: Jesus, the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33). Therefore, God didn't create Jesus, because He didn't create Himself as God is eternal.
For God's Sake....:contemplate:

Attachments

• For Gods Sake.pdf
    760.9 KB · Views: 4

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
check out the file.....an interesting read.

I've already shown the Messiah is God Incarnate. Nothing can disprove that, if that's what the file's attempt is. And, I don't need to read that file in order for you to answer this simple question: do you accept or reject that the Messiah is God Incarnate?

Last edited:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note: refusing to answer speaks volumes.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:8-9
But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”
Again the man's 3rd and 4th century doctrine over Jesus's own revelation. How bout heb 2.9. Who was made, psalms 89. 26-27, psalm 2.6-7, Micah 6.7, heb 1.4. Again he was made, isa 44.6 is a good one and it shows the distinction.

We all need to remember. Tgen add in acts 7.55-56.
And of course even Jesus himself says he will reveal the Father in Matt 11.27.

Again we have been fed mans traditions from the pulpit for 1700yrs. It is time to read the truth for yourself instead of saying "well my pastor said".

Believe that you are,of divine and will be a joint heir with Christ in mansions He prepared for us.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've already shown the Messiah is God Incarnate. Nothing can disprove that, if that's what the file's attempt is. And, I don't need to read that file in order for you to answer this simple question: do you accept or reject that the Messiah is God Incarnate?
What does it matter what I accept or reject? I'm not looking for approval or rejection. I'm looking for folk who have the ability to see beyond their bias.....and it seems you're prepared to determine the contents of the file.....even if it agrees with you?

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it matter what I accept or reject? I'm not looking for approval or rejection.

I'm looking for your answer to the question: do you accept or reject that the Messiah is God Incarnate?

I'm looking for folk who have the ability to see beyond their bias.....and it seems you're prepared to determine the contents of the file.....even if it agrees with you?

I haven't determined anything about the file and what bias?

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then check it out and you'll get your answer :Broadly:

No. Either say you accept or reject that the Messiah is God Incarnate. If you refuse to again, it's clearly a problem for you to do so.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. Either say you accept or reject that the Messiah is God Incarnate. If you refuse to again, it's clearly a problem for you to do so.
ohhh, I see, you want your pop corn instant gratification ameliorated ...:doldrums: