US Supreme Court 5-4 Allows Ban On Abortions In Texas, After Heartbeat Is Detected

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now in other news. Congress can override this decision. And it has long been said even before Biden stole the office that the democrats were going to codify Roe vs. Wade.

Could this be the first step?
Congress Has the Power to Override Supreme Court Rulings. Here’s How.

Well congress can pass a law and override a supreme court decision. but if the law that is passed is deemed unconstitutional, it gets tossed. The only way SCOTUS can be definitively overruled is by making something a constitutional amendment.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now in other news. Congress can override this decision. And it has long been said even before Biden stole the office that the democrats were going to codify Roe vs. Wade.

Could this be the first step?
Congress Has the Power to Override Supreme Court Rulings. Here’s How.

In Ledbetter SCOTUS ruled properly! there was a stature of limitations and they can only work within the law if the law is not unconstitutional.

Then it is up to congress to amend the law and it may or may not get back to SCOTUS for a constitutional ruling.

Despite what has happened too many times in left leaning SCOTUS' the Court is not supposed to make or correct laws passed. They are to rule on its constitutionality or its statutory properness- PERIOD! This is why we gave the Justices life time tenure- they are supposed to rule on law and not deceptively make law!

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amending the U.S. Constitution is complicated, as it should be. Article V of the Constitution outlines the process and there are two ways to propose and ratify amendments to the Constitution. Option 1: to propose an amendment, two-thirds of both houses of Congress can vote to propose an amendment, or option 2: two-thirds of the state legislatures can ask Congress to call a national convention to propose amendments.

To ratify amendments, three-fourths of the state legislatures must approve them, or ratifying conventions in three-fourths of the states must approve them. For further details on the tedious process to amend the Constitution, I recommend reading: How to Amend the Constitution.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Ledbetter SCOTUS ruled properly! there was a stature of limitations and they can only work within the law if the law is not unconstitutional.

Then it is up to congress to amend the law and it may or may not get back to SCOTUS for a constitutional ruling.

Despite what has happened too many times in left leaning SCOTUS' the Court is not supposed to make or correct laws passed. They are to rule on its constitutionality or its statutory properness- PERIOD! This is why we gave the Justices life time tenure- they are supposed to rule on law and not deceptively make law!

Would you mind posting some examples of your "too many times..." statement? I'm curious to know what you're referring to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pythagorean12
Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greg Abbott might want to take some time to enjoy what might be his last year as the Governor of Texas, because he has the lowest approval rating since he's been in office. My Democratic friends in Texas are crossing their fingers and hoping Texas will turn blue in 2022, while my Republican friends in Texas are champing at the bit to vote in the 2022 Gubernatorial election and hoping to ensure that this is Abbott's last year as Governor.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well congress can pass a law and override a supreme court decision. but if the law that is passed is deemed unconstitutional, it gets tossed. The only way SCOTUS can be definitively overruled is by making something a constitutional amendment.
As I recall back in the 70's abortion was deemed a matter of right to privacy under the constitution by SCOTUS.
I would imagine if Congress chooses to intervene in this decision the constitutional issue would already have been settled.
Time will tell I'm sure.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you mind posting some examples of your "too many times..." statement? I'm curious to know what you're referring to.

roe v. wade

Slaughter-House Cases / United States v. Cruikshank (1873 / 1875)

Hans v. Louisiana (1890)

Wickard v. Filburn / Gonzales v. Raich (1942 / 2005)

Jones v. Alfred H. Mayer Co. / Runyon v. McCrary (1968 / 1976)

Buckley v. Valeo (1976)

Morrison v. Olson (1988)

Kelo v. City of New London (2005)

NFIB v. Sebelius (2012)

Buck v. Bell (1927

Korematsu v. United States (1944)

McCulloch v. Maryland, 1819

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, 1978 (5-4 decision)

Obergefell v. Hodges, 2015 (5-4 decision)

United States v. Virginia,

Bob Jones University v. United States (1983)

Phillips v. Martin Marietta Corp. (1971)

Georgia v. Randolph (2006)

there are other liberal or unconsttutional rulings. some of these are much older, but it shows liberal co0urt decisions that have by dew-facto made law in many cases.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I recall back in the 70's abortion was deemed a matter of right to privacy under the constitution by SCOTUS.
I would imagine if Congress chooses to intervene in this decision the constitutional issue would already have been settled.
Time will tell I'm sure.

Well a constitutional issue cannot be settled without congress. Women do have a right to privacy! but the SCOTUS does not have the authority under the Constitution to decide when life begi9ns.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
roe v. wade

Hans v. Louisiana (1890)

Buckley v. Valeo (1976)

Morrison v. Olson (1988)

NFIB v. Sebelius (2012)

Buck v. Bell (1927

there are other liberal or unconsttutional rulings. some of these are much older, but it shows liberal co0urt decisions that have by dew-facto made law in many cases.

Thank you for these examples, Ronald. I'll take some time to read through them later. I'm familiar with Roe v. Wade, but I'm not familiar with the other SCOTUS rulings you listed. Would you mind telling me why you consider these rulings liberal and unconstitutional rulings? I'd appreciate a brief synopsis to give me an idea of your way of thinking. As far as Roe v. Wade, the ruling wasn't decided by a liberal majority in the Supreme Court.

As I mentioned in another thread (here), Roe v. Wade was decided in a 7-to-2 vote by the Supreme Court with a 6-to-3 Republican majority; five of the six Republican appointees voted to legalize abortion (source). The ruling was then signed into law by President Richard Nixon, a Republican.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time will tell I'm sure.

If I may, I'd like to recommend reading Could Roe v. Wade Be Overturned?, because it's very informative on the legal process required to overturn Roe v. Wade. If Roe v. Wade is overturned by the SCOTUS, then the ruling would not immediately outlaw abortion throughout the country. Instead, the decision on how to regulate abortion would go to the states. Many states already limit abortion after a certain point in pregnancy, allowing the exception to protect the life of the mother, and in cases of rape and incest. Abortion is currently outlawed in Texas, but it is still legal in 49 states (An overview of state abortion laws and abortion laws by state). For the record, Roe v. Wade was previously upheld in three prominent Supreme Court rulings: Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992), Whole Women's Health v. Herllerstedt (2016), and June Medical Services v. Gee (2020).

Last edited:

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well a constitutional issue cannot be settled without congress. Women do have a right to privacy! but the SCOTUS does not have the authority under the Constitution to decide when life begi9ns.
No one has that right. If they did birth control would be illegal again.

The constitution guarantees I can't force a woman to stay pregnant against her will.

The constitution also guaranteed I can't own slaves.

If we think America should be ran by biblical standards those two amendments would be repealed from the constitution. Along with a whole lot of other protections and civil rights guaranteed and that insure America is a free constitutional democratic republic rather than a biblical theocracy.

Any one country that runs it's government on religious principals should be a warning to all countries.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may, I'd like to recommend reading Could Roe v. Wade Be Overturned?, because it's very informative on the legal process required to overturn Roe v. Wade. If Roe v. Wade is overturned by the SCOTUS, then the ruling would not immediately outlaw abortion throughout the country. Instead, the decision on how to regulate abortion would go to the states. Many states already limit abortion after a certain point in pregnancy, allowing the exception to protect the life of the mother, and in cases of rape and incest. Abortion is currently outlawed in Texas, but it is still legal in 49 states (An overview of state abortion laws and abortion laws by state). For the record, Roe v. Wade was previously upheld in three prominent Supreme Court rulings: Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992), Whole Women's Health v. Herllerstedt (2016), and June Medical Services v. Gee (2020).
Which is why those states that limit or outlaw abortion violate federal law. Because the constitution is the supreme law of the land.

This court that is SCOTUS today is aware of that.

I think they made this narrow 5-4 ruling because they know Congress is going to overrule them by a Congressional act. And because they also know in all likelyhood, or maybe they know for a fact being they all run in the same circles, that Roe v Wade is going to be codified. Which makes it a federal law that state governments cannot repeal.

Look at this Congress, SCoTYS, or even the present unlawful Administration.
They have no respect for this Republic. It would be naive yo think they respect the unborn. Especially when Biden is all for late term abortion up to and including the birth of the baby.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay, I'm not the most well-read on this issue. But how is abortion, like, outlawed in Texas, legally, in spite of Roe v. Wade? I mean, what is the legal basis for the heartbeat bill? I mean, for example, could every state rule that way, theoretically at least, given this precedent?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'm not the most well-read on this issue. But how is abortion, like, outlawed in Texas, legally, in spite of Roe v. Wade? I mean, what is the legal basis for the heartbeat bill? I mean, for example, could every state rule that way, theoretically at least, given this precedent?
Yes conservative States are passing same legislation, that will restrict abortion to the first 6 weeks of pregnancy, as the living child heartbeat is detected at 4-6 weeks

It will be soon, the writing is on the wall, Roe V. Wade soon to be overturned, and murdering of the innocent unborn will be stopped

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SCOTUS will rule on conservative "professional testimony", and life begins at conception, so simple a 3rd grader could understand

When female egg meets male sperm and is fertilized, life begins it's that simple

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one has that right. If they did birth control would be illegal again.

The constitution guarantees I can't force a woman to stay pregnant against her will.

The constitution also guaranteed I can't own slaves.

If we think America should be ran by biblical standards those two amendments would be repealed from the constitution. Along with a whole lot of other protections and civil rights guaranteed and that insure America is a free constitutional democratic republic rather than a biblical theocracy.

Any one country that runs it's government on religious principals should be a warning to all countries.
"In God We Trust"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
roe v. wade

Hans v. Louisiana (1890)

Buckley v. Valeo (1976)

Morrison v. Olson (1988)

NFIB v. Sebelius (2012)

Buck v. Bell (1927

I agree, many laws have been made not supported by the constitution

Obergefell V Hodges in same sex marriage is a prime example

No place in the constitution does it afford a right to same sex marriage

Last edited: