US Supreme Court 5-4 Allows Ban On Abortions In Texas, After Heartbeat Is Detected

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hill
Supreme Court declines to block Texas abortion law
September 02, 2021 - 12:51 AM EDT

A sharply divided Supreme Court on Wednesday night refused to block a Texas law that bans most abortions, leaving the country’s most restrictive abortion measure intact.

Just before midnight, the court denied an emergency request from abortion providers to block the law, issuing a 5-4 ruling with Chief Justice John Roberts joining the court's three liberal justices in dissent.

The Texas bill at issue was signed into law in May by Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and took effect Wednesday. It prohibits abortions after the presence of a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can occur as early as six weeks after a woman becomes pregnant, and only makes exceptions for medical emergencies.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hill
Supreme Court declines to block Texas abortion law
September 02, 2021 - 12:51 AM EDT

A sharply divided Supreme Court on Wednesday night refused to block a Texas law that bans most abortions, leaving the country’s most restrictive abortion measure intact.

Just before midnight, the court denied an emergency request from abortion providers to block the law, issuing a 5-4 ruling with Chief Justice John Roberts joining the court's three liberal justices in dissent.

The Texas bill at issue was signed into law in May by Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and took effect Wednesday. It prohibits abortions after the presence of a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can occur as early as six weeks after a woman becomes pregnant, and only makes exceptions for medical emergencies.
It appears you are seeing the outcome of the future challenge of Roe v Wade, in ending all abortions that aren't medical emergencies

Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett, vote to allow the ban "AMEN"!

Several cases are currently heading to the Supreme court and I believe one has made it on the docket

Lord Jesus I Pray, That The US Ends The Innocent Bloodshed In Our Land, Amen

Proverbs 6:16-19KJV
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Jesus Is The Lord

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I heard about this a few days ago, for years this is what I have based my views on abortion on, if death is determined by the stop of a heart beat then life begins with the start of a heartbeat.

Interesting thing, my son was always pro choice and we use to have debates all the time. However he had strong views. Now that he has come to faith his view has completely changed he is now pro life, and that change has happened drastically - Holy Spirit working xx

The only part of the law I don’t get, and don’t agree with is the part that states anyone who gives someone a lift to a clinic will be prosecuted/ fined ………sorry that’s a bit over the top.
Rita

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read about that decision in my local paper in Australia. It was one of the happiest days of my life. In a comment I posted on the article on the internet I said that the right to life of many more babies in the womb was going to be respected as a result of the decision.

Of course the pro-aborts came out in their fury to demand that a woman's right to choose should not be interfered with as abortion was a consitutional right (can't see it in the Constitution but there you are). It is all the more amazing as you now have a President that wants to see as many babies as possible murdered in the womb. Why isn't the Catholic Church sanctioning him and publicly shaming him for his stand? They of all people should be flying the flag for the unborn.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard about this a few days ago, for years this is what I have based my views on abortion on, if death is determined by the stop of a heart beat then life begins with the start of a heartbeat.

Interesting thing, my son was always pro choice and we use to have debates all the time. However he had strong views. Now that he has come to faith his view has completely changed he is now pro life, and that change has happened drastically - Holy Spirit working xx

The only part of the law I don’t get, and don’t agree with is the part that states anyone who gives someone a lift to a clinic will be prosecuted/ fined ………sorry that’s a bit over the top.
Rita
Rita you have a cross as an avatar with a rise up, what's you position on abortion?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rita
Soon the Supreme Court will define life being at conception, this Texas case is a stepping stone in overturning Roe V Wade

Aren't you glad to see this recent decision, stopping the murder of the innocent unborn?

Samara777

Aug 7, 2021
Santa Cruz
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soon the Supreme Court will define life being at conception, this Texas case is a stepping stone in overturning Roe V Wade

Aren't you glad to see this recent decision, stopping the murder of the innocent unborn?
I 100% agree and I was born to a 19 year old Mom who had friends tell her to get an abortion. For all you people claiming that abortions are needed for rape cases those make up only 2% of all abortions, so rape aside I believe both men and women should have a say it's not just a woman's choice I'm a male and I should have a say in my own life that was almost taken from me by abortion.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Chief Justice John Roberts joining the court's three liberal justices in dissent.
John Roberts was always a liberal, but since January he has also shown that he is a traitor. As to the betrayal of Trump by Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett, that will live on in the history books as a betrayal of America and its Constitution (if they are ever produced in the future).

Legalizing abortion was based upon a fiction -- a lie. Let's hope that it is banned everywhere.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Roberts was always a liberal, but since January he has also shown that he is a traitor. As to the betrayal of Trump by Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett, that will live on in the history books as a betrayal of America and its Constitution (if they are ever produced in the future).

Legalizing abortion was based upon a fiction -- a lie. Let's hope that it is banned everywhere.
I agree Robert's was a closet liberal all along appointed by Bush, he served in the Reagan Admin, and for conservative Justice Rhenquist (What A Disappointment)

The Justicrs denying a hearing on the 2020 election fraud, and look what we have, a fraud treasonous president in brain dead Biden

Hard to believe the in your face fraud, and Kavanaugh, Barrett , And Gorsuch basically owns this treasonous brain dead administration, "Crazy"!

Watching the Taliban parade around American weapons, and vehicles?

Americans left behind, and the military dogs?

Sick, Treason!

Yes it's on those Justices that wouldn't hear the election fraud cases that were "Many" and they know it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch111

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita you have a cross as an avatar with a rise up, what's you position on abortion?
The rise up was something that the Holy Spirit laid on my heart a few weeks ago, and I was looking for a new avatar, came across the one with the cross, really like it.
I am pro life , the reference to a heartbeat was just something that came up In an essay years ago on morals, abortion was one of the subjects. Many people have different views, including Christians, on when life begins and this will determine when they consider a life is taken. Personally I believe it’s from conception, but others believe it is when the heart starts beating, some believe it is only when the baby is born. Rita

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rise up was something that the Holy Spirit laid on my heart a few weeks ago, and I was looking for a new avatar, came across the one with the cross, really like it.
I am pro life , the reference to a heartbeat was just something that came up In an essay years ago on morals, abortion was one of the subjects. Many people have different views, including Christians, on when life begins and this will determine when they consider a life is taken. Personally I believe it’s from conception, but others believe it is when the heart starts beating, some believe it is only when the baby is born. Rita
Thanks for the response Rita, I believe scripture teaches life begins at conception, as Psalm 139:13-14 below teaches

It's my belief and that of others that the abortion issue will be settled soon in the definition of when life begins, as the 14th amendment protects "Life" "Liberty" and "Property" and I believe it will be defined as at "Conception"

Jesus Is The Lord

Psalm 139:13-14KJV
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." Jeremiah 1:5a
I believe life begins before conception. Exactly when does the spirit enter the tissue? Good question.
I believe abortion is murder. I also believe in individual liberty. Finding an acceptable balance is the challenge.
At this point, abortion will continue regardless of the laws.
What we need is revival. Which starts with me.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you about life beginning at conception....it took a live sperm who voraciously swam his way to the glorious destination of the egg and the egg (being alive) selectively chose which sperm to allow to permeate her outer shell.
Life in the microscopic level is still life.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears you are seeing the outcome of the future challenge of Roe v Wade, in ending all abortions that aren't medical emergencies

Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett, vote to allow the ban "AMEN"!

Several cases are currently heading to the Supreme court and I believe one has made it on the docket

Lord Jesus I Pray, That The US Ends The Innocent Bloodshed In Our Land, Amen

Proverbs 6:16-19KJV
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Jesus Is The Lord

As we all hope the slaughter of the innocents will cease. but I am convinced that sadly god is now judging America and pouring His anger over thiws nation for the gross evil this nation has willingly fell into.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we all hope the slaughter of the innocents will cease. but I am convinced that sadly god is now judging America and pouring His anger over thiws nation for the gross evil this nation has willingly fell into.
Well I believe America is still protected until the time of the antichrist....America has stood with Israel for decades....when the church is removed judgment comes upon all nations

Reactions: Grailhunter

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." Jeremiah 1:5a
I believe life begins before conception. Exactly when does the spirit enter the tissue? Good question.
I believe abortion is murder. I also believe in individual liberty. Finding an acceptable balance is the challenge.
At this point, abortion will continue regardless of the laws.
What we need is revival. Which starts with me.
I agree 100% with your post showing life begins before conception, in Jeremiah 1:5

It's my hope and prayer that the murdering and shedding blood of the innocent unborn will be stopped soon, thanks for the post

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the true and living "God" with a capital "G"?

1 Corinthians 8:5-6KJV
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I believe America is still protected until the time of the antichrist....America has stood with Israel for decades....when the church is removed judgment comes upon all nations

Maybe, but the sin of this nation is a stench that reaches high! Ez. 38 shows that when Russia invades Israel we stand back and do nothing but whine.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the true and living "God" with a capital "G"?

1 Corinthians 8:5-6KJV
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Thank you for being so punctilious about my spelling faux-pas. I rely on spell check and little g will not be marked so I may miss it. It is a physical and not spiritual error.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rita
Prison time or a fine is not over the top when you consider the fact that the person who gives somebody a ride to an abortion clinic is an accomplice to murder.
The fact that America is experiencing all the curses God said would come on the end-time nations of Israel shows God has stopped protecting this country since WW2. The idea that God has been protecting America on account of maintaining a political alliance with the Jewish nation is an evangelical fable with no basis in reality. The Bible says keeping God's laws is the way to receive God's protection(Lev. 26:2, 5-8).

The fact that America ran away from places like Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan despite having a superior military(Lev. 26:14-20) says God has been removing His protection from this country for decades now, and the rest of Lev. 26 says it is only going to get progressively worse from there the longer this country continues to reject God's laws.

The fact that America has been experiencing the extreme weather patterns mentioned in Amo. 4:7 over the past 2 decades alone should at least make professing American evangelicals put some honest thought in evaluating the belief that God cares one iota about how long we've been politically aligned with the Jews. They're suffering the same curses America is experiencing, and the end result for them will be the same as ours if they don't repent.