US Supreme Court 5-4 Allows Ban On Abortions In Texas, After Heartbeat Is Detected

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In God We Trust"
Which one?
America is diverse in population. The 1st amendment guarantees religious freedom and freedom from religion.

That slogan wasn't installed at our founding. It was applies during the cold war in order to counter atheist Soviet Russia.

Reactions: maximum velocity
Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'm not the most well-read on this issue. But how is abortion, like, outlawed in Texas, legally, in spite of Roe v. Wade? I mean, what is the legal basis for the heartbeat bill? I mean, for example, could every state rule that way, theoretically at least, given this precedent?

The blue states will not vote to outlaw abortion if Roe v. Wade is overturned, and women will still have access to abortion in these states. The next legal step for the Biden administration is to codify Roe v. Wade, which means passing a law that would affirm a woman's right to an abortion without undue interference. The most effective way for the Biden administration to codify Roe v. Wade would be for Congress to pass a law that would be binding on all states. The Women's Health Protection Act, passed on September 24th, is such a law. However, it is unlikely that this law will pass in the Senate. Unless Roe v. Wade is codified on a federal level by the Biden administration, the Democratic states will likely codify Roe v. Wade, while the Republican states will continue to pass laws in order to enact more restrictions on abortion. Many red states, including Texas, have passed what's called a 'Trigger law,' which will immediately outlaw abortion in their state if Roe v. Wade is overturned by the Supreme Court.

As I've pointed out before, abortion will not be immediately illegal throughout the country is Roe v. Wade is overturned by the Supreme Court. If the ruling is overturned, the decision will go to the states on how to regulate abortion. It's likely that the Democratic states will codify Roe v. Wade, and abortion will remain legal in these states. We won't wake up one morning with abortion outlawed throughout the land if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for these examples, Ronald. I'll take some time to read through them later. I'm familiar with Roe v. Wade, but I'm not familiar with the other SCOTUS rulings you listed. Would you mind telling me why you consider these rulings liberal and unconstitutional rulings? I'd appreciate a brief synopsis to give me an idea of your way of thinking. As far as Roe v. Wade, the ruling wasn't decided by a liberal majority in the Supreme Court.

As I mentioned in another thread (here), Roe v. Wade was decided in a 7-to-2 vote by the Supreme Court with a 6-to-3 Republican majority; five of the six Republican appointees voted to legalize abortion (source). The ruling was then signed into law by President Richard Nixon, a Republican.

Because all of them either reinterpret the constitution (which is not the job of any court), redefine terms (like a farmer facing jail for growing crops to feed his cows under the interstate commerce clause) or they give the federal government powers not spelled out in the constitution. That is a classic definition of liberalism.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one has that right. If they did birth control would be illegal again.

The constitution guarantees I can't force a woman to stay pregnant against her will.

The constitution also guaranteed I can't own slaves.

If we think America should be ran by biblical standards those two amendments would be repealed from the constitution. Along with a whole lot of other protections and civil rights guaranteed and that insure America is a free constitutional democratic republic rather than a biblical theocracy.

Any one country that runs it's government on religious principals should be a warning to all countries.

God has the right to decide when life begins. And Scripture shows that if a pregnant woman has violence committed and her baby dies it is murder!

So you believe she has the right to take the life of a living human being? So much for all persons created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, among them are life!

After teh amendment was passed to0 prohibit slavery- yes! Before that the constitution had no restriction on slavery.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SCOTUS will rule on conservative "professional testimony", and life begins at conception, so simple a 3rd grader could understand

When female egg meets male sperm and is fertilized, life begins it's that simple

And a liberal court will change it again! That is why the marxists are pushing to expand and pack the court!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, many laws have been made not supported by the constitution

Obergefell V Hodges in same sex marriage is a prime example

No place in the constitution does it afford a right to same sex marriage

Nowhere in the constitution does it afford a right for heterosexual marriage either. The constitution does not deal with marriage at all! It only became a modern issue because America has left its Judeo-
christian roots and have adopted the pagan ways of many nations.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blue states will not vote to outlaw abortion if Roe v. Wade is overturned, and women will still have access to abortion in these states. The next legal step for the Biden administration is to codify Roe v. Wade, which means passing a law that would affirm a woman's right to an abortion without undue interference. The most effective way for the Biden administration to codify Roe v. Wade would be for Congress to pass a law that would be binding on all states. The Women's Health Protection Act, passed on September 24th, is such a law. However, it is unlikely that this law will pass in the Senate. Unless Roe v. Wade is codified on a federal level by the Biden administration, the Democratic states will likely codify Roe v. Wade, while the Republican states will continue to pass laws in order to enact more restrictions on abortion. Many red states, including Texas, have passed what's called a 'Trigger law,' which will immediately outlaw abortion in their state if Roe v. Wade is overturned by the Supreme Court.

As I've pointed out before, abortion will not be immediately illegal throughout the country is Roe v. Wade is overturned by the Supreme Court. If the ruling is overturned, the decision will go to the states on how to regulate abortion. It's likely that the Democratic states will codify Roe v. Wade, and abortion will remain legal in these states. We won't wake up one morning with abortion outlawed throughout the land if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Then do you think it would be better for it to return to the states? For example, simply allowing each state's population to decide via referendum, on whatever their people think is best?

For example, if most Texans want abortion banned, then all right, but if most Californians disagree, then so be it?

I am very surprised that the Republicans were the ones who voted for Roe v. Wade, if what you state is accurate. Why did they though? I thought much of America was very anti-abortion back then.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then do you think it would be better for it to return to the states? For example, simply allowing each state's population to decide via referendum, on whatever their people think is best?

For example, if most Texans want abortion banned, then all right, but if most Californians disagree, then so be it?

If Roe v. Wade isn't codified on a federal level, then regulation on abortion should return to the states to decide via referendum. I believe each state should decide for itself. Personally, I don't support full access abortion, but I support abortion in cases of rape, incest, and to save the mother's life.

I am very surprised that the Republicans were the ones who voted for Roe v. Wade, if what you state is accurate. Why did they though? I thought much of America was very anti-abortion back then.

Yes, the information I posted on the Republican majority ruling on Roe v. Wade is accurate, and can be verified by many sources. The fact that Roe v. Wade was decided by a Republican-nominated Supreme Court (the vote was 7-2) is an uncomfortable fact that most pro-lifers don't like to admit.

Last edited:

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has the right to decide when life begins. And Scripture shows that if a pregnant woman has violence committed and her baby dies it is murder!

So you believe she has the right to take the life of a living human being? So much for all persons created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, among them are life!
If the Declaration of Independence conferred civil rights I think there would be no death penalty anywhere in America.
After teh amendment was passed to0 prohibit slavery- yes! Before that the constitution had no restriction on slavery.
Of course it didn't.
The early period of American slavery followed the bible.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, many laws have been made not supported by the constitution

Obergefell V Hodges in same sex marriage is a prime example

No place in the constitution does it afford a right to same sex marriage
The 5th and 14th amendment do confer those protections and equal right to gays in marriage.

Gays aren't married by God's principles.Thats part of the separation of church and state.

The Constitutional rights apply from the worldly state perspective.

While the first amendment insures we don't have to agree it's right.
And being gay marriage isn't marriage by biblical standards, no harm no foul.

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and into God that which is God's.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes there were 6 conservative appointed supreme court justices when Roe V Wade was decided

I guess it would be like Justice Robert's being a staunch liberal in his recent decisions over the past year or so, and he was appointed by Bush?

The justices are now veted and recommended by the federalist society as seen in President Trump's appointments

Previous presidents didnt use this vetting?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's my observation and opinion that the definition of "Life" will be decided, and this will be at conception "Personhood"

It will apply to all states with no exclusion, just the same as murdering any living person

Reactions: maximum velocity

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And a liberal court will change it again! That is why the marxists are pushing to expand and pack the court!
I agree 100%

It appears Senators Joe Manchin (Va) and Krysten Sinema (AZ) are voting with republicans on all the hot topics, and court packing is one they oppose, also statehood for Puerto Rico and DC, and changing voting laws, the vote stands at 48/52 in the voting, while Schumer is pulling what little hair he has left out

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 5th and 14th amendment do confer those protections and equal right to gays in marriage.

Gays aren't married by God's principles.Thats part of the separation of church and state.

The Constitutional rights apply from the worldly state perspective.

While the first amendment insures we don't have to agree it's right.
And being gay marriage isn't marriage by biblical standards, no harm no foul.

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and into God that which is God's.
The 5th nor the 14th provide protections for marriage, biblical standards play no part in its interpretation

Same sex marriage was given to America by a liberal majority in the Supreme Court, their decision was based upon personal preference, not constitutional provision, because there isn't any seen below in the citations you claim

Fifth Amendment

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Fourteenth Amendment
  • All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Declaration of Independence conferred civil rights I think there would be no death penalty anywhere in America.
Of course it didn't.
The early period of American slavery followed the bible.

Yes the bible does not prohibit slavery. It only addresses how believing slave owners should treat their slaves.

Well the Declaration implies killing because it speaks of breaking away from one nation to form your own. That does not happen in a vacuum.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree 100%

It appears Senators Joe Manchin (Va) and Krysten Sinema (AZ) are voting with republicans on all the hot topics, and court packing is one they oppose, also statehood for Puerto Rico and DC, and changing voting laws, the vote stands at 48/52 in the voting, while Schumer is pulling what little hair he has left out

America is going to fail because this nation is under judgment by God. We will fall hard for our past sins. I think we have past the point where even if the nation crierd out we would be spared. I hope I am wrong but fear I am right.