USA shouldn't ban any "religion"??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

ScaliaFan said:
none of hte Protestants i have ever known has "followed the Bible." They just follow what they think the Bible says.. I have heard them quote supposedly from the Bible-- but since i know the Bible.. have read the whole thing, i know when they are mangling the Word...

which is NOT good, obviously. They play fast & loose w/ the Word and act like it is no big deal.

and no one ever mentioned burning heretics... so .. ??

Protestants burned those they thought were heretics, but you Protestants think that's OK, apparently. Protestants have done far more persecuting than Catholics...

and also there are far more pedaphiles in nonCatholic than Catholic churches
You didn't answer my question Scaliafan. Do you agree with Saint Doctor Thomas Aquinas in his advocating of physical punishment for heretics? Do you agree that submission to Papal authority is more important than submission to Biblical authority?

But I have no fear in answering your question....I mentioned it. Why? Because it is an age old 'solution' and according to Catholic tradition (I could quote EWTN if you wish) it is a tatse of hell for the sinner and thus doing him a favor in giving him one final opportunity for repentance.
And BTW, many incidents where Catholics were burnt by Protestants were not for heresy, but rather for treason...aka Guy Fawkes and those 12 with him who attempted to blow up the English Parliament along with the royal family in attendance. They weren't executed because they were Catholic, but because they were rebels against the crown. Not that I would support such a barbaric practice under any circumstance, but it does pay to get things in context.

B

brakelite

Just a thought...I agree that the many Protestant churches have wandered far from scripture truth. That is why I am a Seventh Day Adventist. Though of their 28 official fundamental beliefs I do disagree with one, on the rest they are the closest to Biblical truth of any Protestant church.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I think if a religion is forcing its beliefs (Sharia Law), there's provocation to ban the practice, otherwise the separation of church and state should prohibit the government from interfering. Keep in mind that the Supreme Court says abortion is okay and have redefined marriage to include same sex couples. The fact that a religion doesn't comply or agree with these laws, should not get them banned from the US.

B

brakelite

Modern US Christians take offense at the seperation concept, because it allows the freedom of the non-religious to ignore religiously motivated concepts and practice, aka Sunday "sacredness"...LGBT mindsets....abortion....
It irks many that the freedom or liberty they demand of government for themselves is also granted to those with whom they disagree...its a thorny issue I know, but Abraham Lincoln got it right when he said something to this effect..."familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage and you prepare your own limbs to wear them. Accustomed to trample upon the rights of others you have lost the genius of your own independence and become fit subjects for the first tyrant who rises among you".
True religious liberty is a Biblical Protestant concept...it freely allows for the non-practice of religion as equally as it does for the practice of it according to individual conscience, and a government who promotes such liberty is bound to protect it. It did however take some time for Protestants to discover the beauty and righteousness of this. Sadly, too many modern day Protestants are looking to government to enact religious legislation in order to strengthen what they believe is man's 'righteousness'. The current Sunday law promotion by the RCC of the last few decades is a glaring example of this anti liberty mindset.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
brakelite said:
You didn't answer my question Scaliafan. Do you agree with Saint Doctor Thomas Aquinas in his advocating of physical punishment for heretics? Do you agree that submission to Papal authority is more important than submission to Biblical authority?

But I have no fear in answering your question....I mentioned it. Why? Because it is an age old 'solution' and according to Catholic tradition (I could quote EWTN if you wish) it is a tatse of hell for the sinner and thus doing him a favor in giving him one final opportunity for repentance.
And BTW, many incidents where Catholics were burnt by Protestants were not for heresy, but rather for treason...aka Guy Fawkes and those 12 with him who attempted to blow up the English Parliament along with the royal family in attendance. They weren't executed because they were Catholic, but because they were rebels against the crown. Not that I would support such a barbaric practice under any circumstance, but it does pay to get things in context.
there were plenty of Catholics tortured/killed/martyred just for being Catholic. Your history appears to be quite selective. In any case, none of us can know history absolutely b/c we weren't there, and certainly none of us could change it, eh?

so why don't we look @ what is going on in the Church today? There is a lot of unkosher stuff there b/c the Church is made up of humans.. but oh well. The RC Church stands against ABORTION, all abortion... The RC Church doesn't say t hat only SOME humans deserve to live. So few other churches stand w/ the RC Church on the sanctity of life.. the Church also stands against serial monogymy, (marraige and divorce, marriage and divorce and re-marriage..) It stands against homosexuality (while protestant churches so called ordain homosexual pastors..)

To see what the Church did way back when, all one need do is look @ what She does today

so much for protestant churches sticking to the Bible, eh?

gay pastors?

women pastors? (a woman is not to have authority over a man, says the BIBLE.)

abortion in certain situations?

divorce and remarriage...
yeh, you people really stick to the Bible

B

brakelite

Just hold on a minute and stop with the blanket accusations....yeh, you people really stick with the Bible? Do you know me personally? I challenge you to find one thing in my theology that is unbiblical. I am not talking about Protestantism in general...not even the church I belong to...but me personally. I have been open here on this forum about my beliefs...if you can show me one instance where I deviate from scripture I will change immediately.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
brakelite said:
Just hold on a minute and stop with the blanket accusations....yeh, you people really stick with the Bible? Do you know me personally? I challenge you to find one thing in my theology that is unbiblical. I am not talking about Protestantism in general...not even the church I belong to...but me personally. I have been open here on this forum about my beliefs...if you can show me one instance where I deviate from scripture I will change immediately.
right.. like u are going to admit to all the world the numerous ways you violate Scripture?

I will admit where I violate certain psgs..

Love others as you love yourself... not there yet

but at least i admit it.. You will likely try to tell me you have this one perfected..

B

brakelite

If in Christ there is no condemnation why are you so determined to condemn others? I am not here to blow my own trumpet as to how "holy" or "righteous" I am. I am nothing without Jesus.
The point of my objection to your blanket accusation against Protestantism is the fact the Catholics do not believe the Bible to be the basis for religious faith and doctrine...so it is hypocritical of you to criticize Protestants who do uphold the scripture as the foundation of faith and practice, despite the fact that there is a variance of success in that regard.Your blanket accusation denies the possibility that there are some denominations and even more so individuals within Protestantism who do observe the Bible. Coming from someone whose foundation for faith is reliant on what his church tells him as opposed to the word of God is too much.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Should the US ban people with contagious diseases from coming into the country?

I mean, let's get real. Maybe the goofy liberals would say Sure, let's let in people with Ebola and those flesh-eating bacteria... So they can kill Americans! Americans are no good anyway... Slavery.. i rest my case!

And those terrorists? Well, they just need a hug... and a job maybe...

Geez

Anyhow...leaving aside what the nutty libs do... reasonable people realize there is no contagion worse than Islamic extremism.

The religion of Islam contradicts our own "religion" (as it were) of how we have chosen to live (namely, under the US Constitution)