Using Jesus Name For Evil!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello mooncresentgirl

You asked.........
“What if someone uses Jesus name against you for evil, what would happen, and what should you do?”

Nothing will happen and you should pray for them.

There is “power”, in the name of “Jesus”, but it isn’t magical power, it’s Biblical power.

Because people can be saved, by being told about what “Jesus” did for them and how that true salvation can only be found in “Jesus”.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
What if someone uses Jesus name against you for evil, what would happen, and what should you do?

I dare say that the one who would dare to use the name of Jesus for an evil purpose against another would be in far greater danger of having the very same evil falling upon themselves.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
I find it interesting how such a thread can come to be, considering there is no such thing. The word of God supplies no evidence that there is "power in the name of Jesus". That would be a conclusion formed from human reasoning, not Holy Spirit truth or Scriptural evidence. That the power of salvation is found in the proclamation of the Gospel is truth, that there is power in the Kingdom of God there is no doubt, but there is no other extraordinaty supernatural display of God's power in the earth beyond what is seen in everyones' lives, believer and unbeliever alike. Anyone attempting to display a "power' other than God is deluded and outside spiritual understanding. There is no power except it be from God.

There is no power assigned to any in the Body of Christ besides the Apostles. It was given to them to usher in the Gentile interim. The gifts of the Spirit in the Body were manifested to prove that their commission as Apostles was from God, and did not exist anywhere they were not overseeing. With the truth of Paul's evangel of grace being less and less believed, and the Judaizers out of Jerusalem gaining more and more influence, (R.C. the crowning victory for them), the power of God has been greatly diminished. It is the failure of the ecclesia at large to uphold the teachings of Paul as the only truth for the nations that has led to this.

The only power we retain is to obtain from on High the knowledge and wisdom and realization of who He is by the renewing of our minds, and to proclaim the truth that God is conciliated with all men everywhere, not holding their offenses against them, the blood of the cross having nullified their sins. We are ambassadors, not disciples. Disciples were empowered, we are not disciples of the Lord. We are His Body, and that is about as close as it gets to being perfect, and puts us well beyond the rudiments of being instructed. All that remains is to be transformed in the twinkling of an eye at His coming.
fivesense

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
fivesense your statement is disapointing to me. i was hoping your insight to the scriptures were more spiritual than carnal, but what is spirit is, is not what carnal sees :) in love

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Not exactly in line with the opening question but here is what happened to these guy's........

Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, "In the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out." Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. (One day) the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?" Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

As found in Acts 19

Grat

Feb 18, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I find it interesting how such a thread can come to be, considering there is no such thing. The word of God supplies no evidence that there is "power in the name of Jesus". That would be a conclusion formed from human reasoning, not Holy Spirit truth or Scriptural evidence. That the power of salvation is found in the proclamation of the Gospel is truth, that there is power in the Kingdom of God there is no doubt, but there is no other extraordinaty supernatural display of God's power in the earth beyond what is seen in everyones' lives, believer and unbeliever alike. Anyone attempting to display a "power' other than God is deluded and outside spiritual understanding. There is no power except it be from God.

There is no power assigned to any in the Body of Christ besides the Apostles. It was given to them to usher in the Gentile interim. The gifts of the Spirit in the Body were manifested to prove that their commission as Apostles was from God, and did not exist anywhere they were not overseeing. With the truth of Paul's evangel of grace being less and less believed, and the Judaizers out of Jerusalem gaining more and more influence, (R.C. the crowning victory for them), the power of God has been greatly diminished. It is the failure of the ecclesia at large to uphold the teachings of Paul as the only truth for the nations that has led to this.

The only power we retain is to obtain from on High the knowledge and wisdom and realization of who He is by the renewing of our minds, and to proclaim the truth that God is conciliated with all men everywhere, not holding their offenses against them, the blood of the cross having nullified their sins. We are ambassadors, not disciples. Disciples were empowered, we are not disciples of the Lord. We are His Body, and that is about as close as it gets to being perfect, and puts us well beyond the rudiments of being instructed. All that remains is to be transformed in the twinkling of an eye at His coming.
fivesense
You have done it, fivesense. You struck me speachless. I just pray your eyes will be opened to the glories of His Kingdom and the fullness of His Spirit.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
You have done it, fivesense. You struck me speachless. I just pray your eyes will be opened to the glories of His Kingdom and the fullness of His Spirit.

Speechless?! Now I know you mock. (ha ha)
fivesense