Various Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(biblicalthought;37156)
It's true, he hates all unrighteousness. Which is why I mentioned that God's attitude towards you must change. You're approaching this as if it is your attitude toward God that must change. While you are sitting along, stroking your chin, appraising the "evidence," God is existing, and sovereignly bringing about his elect to faith and glory. Not the Christian religion. The Bible explicitly states that it is not by the will of man.He hates you because of your sin. The only way he loves anyone, is if they are cloaked in the righteousness that is from Christ. You are correct in feeling totally helpless and worthless. There is nothing you can do to gain acceptance from God. In the book of Romans, the Apostle Paul is saying that God has revealed in the gospel a way that we can obtain a righteousness that can cover our sins so that God does not need to view or treat us in terms of our sins but in terms of that righteousness. The need for salvation is universal.The gospel begins with the wrath of God. In Romans, Paul doesn't even mention God's love until chapter five. He discusses God's wrath - that He's angry with the sinner every day. Before a patient desires the medicine, he must first be aware of his disease. While some ministries say, Smile - God Loves You, we say, Frown - God May Hate You! Once you have embraced your helpless estate, you are qualified to embrace the provision that God has made to save: Jesus Christ the Lord.But trust me, it's for your own good. Unless you come like this, you've come to something other. On that Day, he may say to you: Depart from me you, I never knew you. This is a quotation of Jesus from the Bible.
You condradicted yourself here:First you said it's not by MY will but then said "Once you have embraced your helpless estate, you are qualified to embrace the provision that God has made to save: Jesus Christ the Lord.".Don't get me wrong here, I completely understand that I must say (albeit with better words) I was an idiot, you exist, I believe in you and all that Jazz (and mean it obviously) and I undertstand why it is that way, afterall in anyone I have an arguement or debate with or about for that matter, if I'm wrong - I'm proved wrong or I discover I'm wrong. Then I'll apologise.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
"I'm glad you found God but to me that's not proof, just because there are several coincidences in a row doesn't make it proof.If we have free will, then God didn't make those people bring food into classes, make your favourite foods or go out for ice-cream, the people did.Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to push my views onto you. Just tell you my views."Ok, I'll admit that isn't a jaw dropping story but I had grown up in church and already believed in God (kinda) I just needed a little something else, and this fast did it for me. But the point in me telling you that was not to inspire you to become a christian right their, it was to challenge you to consider doing something like that. Talk to God and try and figure out what you have to do or what God has to do before your ready to believe. Thats what I did and I have never been more glad of anything in my life! So ignore the story but look at the point behind it. This was my way of finally getting to God, look for yours!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(followerofchrist;37170)
"I'm glad you found God but to me that's not proof, just because there are several coincidences in a row doesn't make it proof.If we have free will, then God didn't make those people bring food into classes, make your favourite foods or go out for ice-cream, the people did.Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to push my views onto you. Just tell you my views."Ok, I'll admit that isn't a jaw dropping story but I had grown up in church and already believed in God (kinda) I just needed a little something else, and this fast did it for me. But the point in me telling you that was not to inspire you to become a christian right their, it was to challenge you to consider doing something like that. Talk to God and try and figure out what you have to do or what God has to do before your ready to believe. Thats what I did and I have never been more glad of anything in my life! So ignore the story but look at the point behind it. This was my way of finally getting to God, look for yours!
Oh I got that too. I will consider and look into that. I'd just perhaps need more than food all around when I'm fasting for it to be seen as an unmistakable sign to me (right now atleast). But it certainly is something to think about and you've given me something to consider, that I hadn't thought of before so thank you for sharing your experiences and advice with me.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Well all I can describe are the physical events that happened but that isn't all that caused me to come to christ, I think that would be a little weird. But when I finally did kneel down in my room and surrender my life to christ I did it because I was overcome with an overwhelming feeling/desire to do so. I can't really describe it.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Pildit;37143)
I know this question is done like a million times over but why/how is it common sense that somebody created everything.I apologise if this is repeatitive as soooo many people ask this I know, but if by chance your the person who gets this to "make sense" to me, then I won't pass up the opportunity of asking.
Hi Pildit,People are creators of something, good or bad.Animals create something, good or bad. I just can't imagine this world not having a creator. When I look up(better to do it outside,you see more)-sky,sun, moon stars, rainbow,clouds,snow rain, thunder, lightning (not at the same time or then I must be dreaming,gone nuts or world has totally changed),birds,tree tops, -looking down - there are mice,rats,ants,cockroaches,beetles,dogs,cats flowers, grass etc. Looking side to side,depends where you are... I could see other people,dogs,cats,sheep,cattle,horses,trees,flowers,grass,flys,bees,birds, kangaroos, koalas...

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(followerofchrist;37173)
Well all I can describe are the physical events that happened but that isn't all that caused me to come to christ, I think that would be a little weird. But when I finally did kneel down in my room and surrender my life to christ I did it because I was overcome with an overwhelming feeling/desire to do so. I can't really describe it.
Maybe not but looking without knowing exactly what to look for, is much harder! A lot of people claim (and I use that term loosely because they may or may not have found God) to have found God this way or that... yet none of that is happening to me and from my perspective a lot of these things look trivial - yet to those people it's unmistakably God. What makes this unmistakable doesn't always make sense to me.Perhaps an unexplained voice coming from the sky above would convince me - but I haven't heard one.It's not that I expect if (just for example) someone said "I tripped over, hit the floor and nothing got bruised" that the same exact thing would happen to me, or even if it did I'd have a "wow God's real" moment afterwards, but entertaining the fact that these people found God, a good starting place is to know how they did so even if it's still trivial to me.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Well I didn't hear a voice, but if i did I would probably have been convinced as well as completely freaked out!! But when I got to that point I was overcome with emotion and the feeling that that is what I needed to do. It wasn't a voice just a...desire I guess. I don't really know what the right word would be but I knew what I needed to do right then and I did it!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;37174)
Hi Pildit,People are creators of something, good or bad.Animals create something, good or bad. I just can't imagine this world not having a creator. When I look up(better to do it outside,you see more)-sky,sun, moon stars, rainbow,clouds,snow rain, thunder, lightning (not at the same time or then I must be dreaming,gone nuts or world has totally changed),birds,tree tops, -looking down - there are mice,rats,ants,cockroaches,beetles,dogs,cats flowers, grass etc. Looking side to side,depends where you are... I could see other people,dogs,cats,sheep,cattle,horses,trees,flowers,grass,flys,bees,birds, kangaroos, koalas...
Science explains the existence of the world, weather systems, planets, plants and animals. Admittedly we don't know everything about them of course.This is what I don't understand.There is evidence in science for this... yet people turn around and say (basically) "Yeah okay but there's a creator of all this". I'm not blankly saying that they are wrong - of course they could be right and science could be wrong, but evidence against evidence... science is the winning argument. If you can present evidence otherwise then I'd love to listen to it (I don't mean this sarcastically, I am here to learn after all).

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(followerofchrist;37179)
Well I didn't hear a voice, but if i did I would probably have been convinced as well as completely freaked out!! But when I got to that point I was overcome with emotion and the feeling that that is what I needed to do. It wasn't a voice just a...desire I guess. I don't really know what the right word would be but I knew what I needed to do right then and I did it!
I do understand the knowing you need to do something at a certain point in your life, perhaps that's why I'm questioning all this right now. Because I need to. I don't know the outcome, but I do know that I will probably never shut the door on this. At the very least I'll be living with the door open and if God wants to enter and reveal himself, then great.You're input has been really helpful to me though, so even if the outcome is to be the latter. Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me and give me that advice.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Pildit;37181)
I do understand the knowing you need to do something at a certain point in your life, perhaps that's why I'm questioning all this right now. Because I need to. I don't know the outcome, but I do know that I will probably never shut the door on this. At the very least I'll be living with the door open and if God wants to enter and reveal himself, then great.You're input has been really helpful to me though, so even if the outcome is to be the latter. Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me and give me that advice.
Well I was more than happy to do it! And am ready and willing to answer any other questions!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Pildit;37180)
Science explains the existence of the world, weather systems, planets, plants and animals. Admittedly we don't know everything about them of course.This is what I don't understand.There is evidence in science for this... yet people turn around and say (basically) "Yeah okay but there's a creator of all this". I'm not blankly saying that they are wrong - of course they could be right and science could be wrong, but evidence against evidence... science is the winning argument. If you can present evidence otherwise then I'd love to listen to it (I don't mean this sarcastically, I am here to learn after all).
Science 'studies' what God already knows and has created. Does not need to be argument as some people take it.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;37184)
Science 'studies' what God already knows and has created. Does not need to be argument as some people take it.
But what science finds doesn't support the bible.Don't take this the wrong way, I don't want a big arguement about bible/science but this is something I'm struggling with right now and I'd appreciate any help or insight you can give.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
What part do you mean that does not agree with Bible, I would agree that not all that people study regarding science does not support the Bible. But then I would question which one is right? People behind the science are only humans and they've been wrong before.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;37189)
What part do you mean that does not agree with Bible, I would agree that not all that people study regarding science does not support the Bible. But then I would question which one is right? People behind the science are only humans and they've been wrong before.
Well for the purpose of this - like I said I don't want a big aguement about it - most of science doesn't agree with the bible... grouping it all together biology supports evolution and the natural selection process, physics supports the theories and existence there of energies and the effects thereof and Chemisty atoms, molucles and such like. Not much - if anything at all to do with God.But if you'd like to connect the two, go ahead. I'm listening.Of course question which one is right and humans have been wrong before (this applies across the board science, religion, maths, life) but I'm here to question, search and listen.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Pildit;36774)
I was going to introduce myself in the approperiate forum, however I perhaps would just be repeating myself here so *waves a hello*.I'm at this point in time leaning towards an agnostic atheist, but don't get me wrong here. I mean no trouble or anything like that. I just want answers to my questions. Yes I'll say why I can't believe something is so, or say I don't understand or things to that effect, even provide evidence to the contray to what you answer... but this is not meant as any sort of attack on anyone or any religion, simply that I want believe and I need the proof and answers in order to do so. This is part of my "quest" if you like to do so. Hopefully some of you can help me, even if that means I go away only confirming I'm an agnostic athiest, but I'm open minded.So I guess I'll give you guys some background on me just so you know where I'm coming from a little better.I'm not from a particularly religious family. I was baptised but my parents and immediate family, don't go to church (apart from Weddings, Funerals, etc). Christmas/Easter came up at school as traditonal and delving into Christianity somewhat.I had a few friends who were religious and on a few occasions attened church with them, but honestly found it confusing.Yet, I became a Christian and have been for far back as I can remember - just never regularly attended Church.Always had a great interest in Science and wanted everything explaining to me, I suppose I was one of those "why?" kids... but I genuinely wanted to know the answers. However religion never really came into this questioning.Last year I had a bad year and events thereof one day pulled me off the tracks... that's not to say I did anything bad, I just sort of took a huge step back and didn't understand why I believed in God, etc.Since then, I questioned it and found the truth only in science.So as you can imagine, I have many questions. At this point, I know I'm going to forget some, so I don't know if perhaps I should add those I think off the this thread (would be good to have all my information in one place for me) or if the board requires me to start a new topic.But on with the questions:1.) Why should I believe in God / Be a Christian?2.) Why would God allow such bad things happen to me?3.) What about Evolution? And science?4.) What if an athiest lived a just life, would he be denied Heaven just for not believing? And what of people from other religions?5.) Have you ever experiences a miracle that cannot be other wise explained?6.) Why should homosexuals and other groups be so excluded?7.) Have you ever questioned your faith? Why or why not?Okay I'm sure there's more but I think that will do for now. Thank you anyone who replies. I appreciate it.
[Q1] Why should you believe in God/ Be a Christian.[A1] Because there is a better life with God, He is For you, With you, and In you. Because a true Christian is a person who is born again [ Born of the Spirit of God]. That is the only way to know God, The things of God are Spiritually discerned, you cannot understand God with the mind, but He gives us His Spirit to have a relationship with Him through Jesus. Thats why you have to bevome a Christian.[Q2] Why would God allow such bad things to happen to you.[A2] I am glad you said "Allow". God never causes bad things to happen. The old testament was wrote in Hebrew, and there is no causetive in the Hebrew language, only the permisive, "Permision is not commision" So for instanse When the Bible says, "God hardened Pharao's heart" what it actually said was, " Pharao hardened his heart" so God allowed "Permited it"When God created man He gave them dominion, and authority. But when Adam fell to the devil in the garden of Eden, he gave the authority to the devil, Genesis 3: 1--15. luke 4: 5--7. Now the devil is the god of this world 2 Corinthians 4: 4. So between man and the devil they have made a right mess of the world. The only way that God can intervine is when His people take their God given authority and either stop things happening, or change their circumstances. And if they don't then God wil have to allow it.[Q3] What about evolution/Science.[A3]God created the world, it didn't evolve, Whoever there is Millions of years between Genesis 1; 1, and Genesis 1: 2, V1, "In the begining [First] God created the heaven and earth.v2, And the earth was [Became] without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep" Note in v1, the word "First" the first creation became see [became] in v 2, without form, and void and dark, This is when the devil and two thirds of the fallen angels inhabited the earth and this is when all the pre-historic creatures were here, some were still around id Genesis 6.[Q4] Good athiests and other riligeions.[A4] The Bible says, "Our righteousness is as thilthy rags" It doesn't matter who you are or how good you have been, the only way to heaven is by being born again. [Q5] Have I experienced a miracle that otherwise cannot be explained.[A5] Yes many times,God is a supernatural God and christians are supernatural people, Partakers of God's divine nature, Jesus said, "You shall receive power when the Holy Ghost is come upon you. There are nine supernatual gifts of the Spirit, two of those are,The gifts of healings and the working of miracles. So in a sense they can be explained.[Q6] Why should homosexuals and other groups be excluded.[A6] No one is excluded, God loves everyone He doesn't like the acts that they commit, but He wants everyone to come to know him and enjoy this abundant life that he gives, when a homosexual comes to Christ and is born again, there old nature is changed, and they will want to give it up.By the way, don't believe in the doctrine of "The Elect". salvation is for everyone who will believe. The "Elect" is all the people who have made the freewill choice of eccepting Jesus. God chose a body, not individuels, that body is made up of anyone who will give their life to Jesus.[Q7] Have I ever questioned my faith.[A7] Never never no way, how can a person full of the Holy Ghost and enjoying a wonderfull relationship with a loving God and see God doing healings and miracles, ever question their faith.God is as real and as powerful as we let him be. Though to many Christians limmit God, through either, ignorance, lack of faith or disobidience.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(biblicalthought;37156)
It's true, he hates all unrighteousness. Which is why I mentioned that God's attitude towards you must change. You're approaching this as if it is your attitude toward God that must change. While you are sitting along, stroking your chin, appraising the "evidence," God is existing, and sovereignly bringing about his elect to faith and glory.
I disagree. Yes, He hates unrighteousness but God does not change, nor does His attitude need to change. It is ours that must adapt to His. Pildit is correct in that it is his attitude that must be altered.
He hates you because of your sin. The only way he loves anyone, is if they are cloaked in the righteousness that is from Christ. You are correct in feeling totally helpless and worthless. There is nothing you can do to gain acceptance from God.
What in the world are you talking about? :naughty: He does NOT HATE ANY OF US. He may hate the sin being committed but do you truly believe that if someone is searching for God that He hates him? If He "only loves those cloaked in the righteousness that is from Christ"then there is no hope for many people......YOU ARE VERY, VERY WRONG!.......Whirlwind

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
1. Why should you believe in God? Its all about the Bible . Either you believe it to be the word of God or you dont. I believe that you should try to read it before you make a decision. Now I mean really read it. What we say here isnt important. We have made our choice and we would love it if you would make the same. You cant do that with out His word. If He has something to say to you through his word are you willing to listen? Are you Open minded enough to really see if theres something to it? What if we are right what if there is more... ... ... What have you lost if we are wrong ? God is good . Dont take my word for it. Take his. with love-Haanne P.s all of your questions can be answered in the Bible.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Ok Pildit I have a question for you.What if you are right about all this, and I am wrong. Well nothing really, neither of us have anything to lose.But what if I am right and your wrong? Well then I will go to heaven and you will go to hell. The difference here is that if your wrong than you will pay dearly for it! But if I am wrong well than nothing happens. So think about it like that for awhile and get back to me.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Pildit;37146)
I stopped praying for others. Not that I don't care, but currently I don't think pray works and I feel like I'm lying to them, saying "I'll pray for you"... because I don't feel like I'm helping at all.Of course if people find him then that's great.
There is no need to tell them you are....just do it. He is your Father so talk to Him like He is your father.
So it does so matter which "Tribe" or closely related religion you come from, as long as you believe?
You must believe.
What I meant was, he's not here. I can't see these events happening or him. I have no physical proof (not that this is the only proof, understand that). But if a person was to be here, to be evidently here. Then you in some way need some proof. Otherwise they are just a character or a personification.Does that make sense to you?
Yes, it makes sense but I am telling you that He is here. He is in us and before very long He will be in person. You will see Him. The problem being the fake is coming first to deceive all that he can. Be prepared for that.
Psalms is something I read often before, but I admit I've not read it all. I've not read Isaiah 53 or atleast I don't remember anything from it. I shall venture into that perhaps soon.
The parallels are amazing.
However, please don't take this the wrong way but it's difficult for me to comprehend that just because something is written earlier in a book and fulfilled later in a book, that it is proof that God exists. Afterall... many books do the same thing.So if you've any advancement on that. I'd be happy to listen.
I won't take it the wrong way but you really have to tell me what other books fulfill prophesy. From the very beginning in the first Biblical prophesy the end has been told. No other book does that.Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise His heel.Satan did bruise his heel and Christ will crush Satan's head.
Thank you, if I have any other questions (besides those already been asked or addressed) I'll ask.I don't really ever see myself ever shutting the door to this, of course it's possible that there's a God, I don't know everything. We don't know everything.
He is very real Pildit....don't wait too long.........Whirlwind