Vatican:Aliens Belief Ok

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Vatican: It's OK to Believe in Aliens May 13, 2008APVATICAN CITY - The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God.The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, says that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.In an interview published Tuesday by Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes says that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures.The interview was headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother." Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9244679

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
That's bull... Why should I want to believe in a fairy tale. The only "aliens" I see on this planet are the ones that alienated God by making so many lies about Him. Having their own corrupted god...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;49110)
Its to be expected Jag its all part of the great delusion of the End times.
It's true Kriss, however according to the bible, angels transfigure themselves as a man.
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(thesuperjag;49118)
It's true Kriss, however according to the bible, angels transfigure themselves as a man.
smile.gif

True Jag but I think thats exactly what they will look like I dont think we will see lizard like monsters
smile.gif
We have seen to much hollywood

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;49119)
True Jag but I think thats exactly what they will look like I dont think we will see lizard like monsters
smile.gif
We have seen to much hollywood
Yes, we have seen too much hollywood, Disney...Talking snake? - Aladdin - CartoonGrim Reaper - To many movies...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Catholic Church’s top astronomer has said there is no contradiction between the one true faith and believing in aliens.The statement will surely spark speculation that the Church knows more than it’s letting on and is preparing the world for some pretty big revelations, or at least laying the groundwork for mass conversions of extra-terrestrials once we’ve tracked them down.José Gabriel Funes, the director of the Vatican Observatory, admitted the possibility of extra-terrestrial life in an interview with the Papacy’s inhouse daily L'Osservatore Romano, titled “The Alien is my Brother”.The paper quoted him saying: "It is possible, even if until now, we have no proof. But certainly in such a big universe this hypothesis cannot be excluded."“This is not in contradiction with our faith, because we cannot establish limits to God's creative freedom,” Funes continued. “To say it with St Francis, if we can consider some earthly creatures as 'brothers' or 'sisters', why could we not speak of a 'brother alien'? He would also belong to the creation."Funes even suggested that alien beings might be free of some of the earthly burdens that drag down we poor benighted humans. Not gravity, carnal pleasures or mortgages, of course, but good old original sin. “In that way, assuming that there would be other intelligent beings, we could not say that they need redemption. They could have remained in full friendship with the Creator."But if aliens were sinners – and let’s face it, supposed visitors to this planet have pulled some pretty heinous stunts on earthly beings, from humans to cattle – Funes said they “in some way, would have the chance to enjoy God's mercy, just as it has happened with us human beings".Thought-provoking stuff. Just as interesting will be the reaction of the Vatican proper to Funes’ comments. Popes have had a turbulent relationship with astronomers in the past. While John Paul II had a pretty indulgent attitude towards the Vatican observatory and science in general, the current incumbent on the throne of St Peter is thought to have a more reactionary attitude towards science and the like, to the extent of voicing support for intelligent design.Whatever the current regime’s attitude towards astronomy, Funes mounted a solid defence of his discipline, telling the paper: "Astronomy has a profound human value. It is a science that opens the heart and the mind. It helps us to put our lives, our hopes, our problems in the right perspective.” ®

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;49188)
The Catholic Church’s top astronomer has said there is no contradiction between the one true faith and believing in aliens.The statement will surely spark speculation that the Church knows more than it’s letting on and is preparing the world for some pretty big revelations, or at least laying the groundwork for mass conversions of extra-terrestrials once we’ve tracked them down.José Gabriel Funes, the director of the Vatican Observatory, admitted the possibility of extra-terrestrial life in an interview with the Papacy’s inhouse daily L'Osservatore Romano, titled “The Alien is my Brother”.The paper quoted him saying: "It is possible, even if until now, we have no proof. But certainly in such a big universe this hypothesis cannot be excluded."“This is not in contradiction with our faith, because we cannot establish limits to God's creative freedom,” Funes continued. “To say it with St Francis, if we can consider some earthly creatures as 'brothers' or 'sisters', why could we not speak of a 'brother alien'? He would also belong to the creation."Funes even suggested that alien beings might be free of some of the earthly burdens that drag down we poor benighted humans. Not gravity, carnal pleasures or mortgages, of course, but good old original sin. “In that way, assuming that there would be other intelligent beings, we could not say that they need redemption. They could have remained in full friendship with the Creator."But if aliens were sinners – and let’s face it, supposed visitors to this planet have pulled some pretty heinous stunts on earthly beings, from humans to cattle – Funes said they “in some way, would have the chance to enjoy God's mercy, just as it has happened with us human beings".Thought-provoking stuff. Just as interesting will be the reaction of the Vatican proper to Funes’ comments. Popes have had a turbulent relationship with astronomers in the past. While John Paul II had a pretty indulgent attitude towards the Vatican observatory and science in general, the current incumbent on the throne of St Peter is thought to have a more reactionary attitude towards science and the like, to the extent of voicing support for intelligent design.Whatever the current regime’s attitude towards astronomy, Funes mounted a solid defence of his discipline, telling the paper: "Astronomy has a profound human value. It is a science that opens the heart and the mind. It helps us to put our lives, our hopes, our problems in the right perspective.” ®
Tsk, Tsk, where does people get so many junk ideas...It's quite disgusting. God already gave us an answer, but no one really looks for it. Do you really think God will leave people empty handed? I don't think so... actually I know so.Look else where...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Interesting today the British started releasing their classified documents on UFO's following France's Lead what do you think they are trying to say ?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(RaddSpencer;49716)
HEHEHEHE, Its all coming together; it all makes sense now
biggrin.gif
.Anyway, why does the pope have an interest in aliens?
Did you ever read of the UFO's in Eze.? Dont be surprised if Antichrist/Satan and his fallen Angels arrive in UFO's A delusion so great that if God did not shorten the time even the very Elect would be fooled. Maybe the Pope is preparing the World for the government to come clean France and Britain are opening there files to the public if the US follows suit perhaps the Pope is attemting to explain how his followers are to veiw this

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(kriss;49719)
Did you ever read of the UFO's in Eze.? Dont be surprised if Antichrist/Satan and his fallen Angels arrive in UFO's A delusion so great that if God did not shorten the time even the very Elect would be fooled. Maybe the Pope is preparing the World for the government to come clean France and Britain are opening there files to the public if the US follows suit perhaps the Pope is attemting to explain how his followers are to veiw this
AHA!!!! I knew it. I knew that those aliens were actually demons. I mean just look at them:
200px-Coneheads_Poster.jpg
Those one horned devils
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. Heck, they are already from France --- or at least they SAY they are.Its obvious they they will come as angels of light ---- with very pointy heads.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgV_IaZheDE&feature=related

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(Eve;49113)
So there aren't any aliens?
Why would you create and not put things together? God could have made the earth as big as jupiter.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
I'm sorry RCC but you got it wrong this time around. The fact is that God made us seperate, he made us in his image, We are unique to him, we are loved to him. And to Disgrace God and us by saying that there are intelligent life out there, That we are not Gods only, is wrong.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(Eve;49113)
So there aren't any aliens?
Imagine watching multiple TVs in separate places when you can watch them all in a single huge room. (Pro 15:3)

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
Ok kriss and Jag I am totally getting what you are saying of the fallen angels ect. And if alliens/demons whatever do come I will be on my guard.However we are created in God's images because of the fact we have a spirit, now lets say there is intelligent life out there that does not have a spirit. It can be anything I mean dolphins are intelligent so it can be said that there is life out there that would be like highly advanced animals the fact that they exist or saying it would be possible is in my oppinian not a mistake. We do not know how great God is.All I am saying is that although I agree with the fallen angel thing. I just think that believing there could be life in space is fine. Does the Bible specificly say earth is the only planet God put life on. If it does please give me the scripture. If not, well if alliens come keep your guard up,but it could be possible they are harmless.