Vatican:Aliens Belief Ok

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;49108)
Vatican: It's OK to Believe in Aliens May 13, 2008APVATICAN CITY - The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God.The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, says that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.In an interview published Tuesday by Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes says that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures.The interview was headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother." Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9244679
Please go to spiritdaily.com for a much different interpretation of this story. It's at the top of the screen today (May 20)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Craig19;49856)
Ok kriss and Jag I am totally getting what you are saying of the fallen angels ect. And if alliens/demons whatever do come I will be on my guard.However we are created in God's images because of the fact we have a spirit, now lets say there is intelligent life out there that does not have a spirit. It can be anything I mean dolphins are intelligent so it can be said that there is life out there that would be like highly advanced animals the fact that they exist or saying it would be possible is in my oppinian not a mistake. We do not know how great God is.All I am saying is that although I agree with the fallen angel thing. I just think that believing there could be life in space is fine. Does the Bible specificly say earth is the only planet God put life on. If it does please give me the scripture. If not, well if alliens come keep your guard up,but it could be possible they are harmless.
My take on this craig is that you may be right God may have put some forms of life other places. We can not know this for sure either way However God has said he foretold us all things he has told us the beginning the middle the End how we are to live our lives,where we are to keep our focus Never anywhere are we told of any other life forms but Angels fallen or otherwise coming to earth.Faith is based on the fact we are to love and trust our Father. If he has not told us about some other life form that may or may not exist. Then it would have nothing to do with us. He would not allow something to come here he has not told us about. He has a plan he is following for our sake and some Alien life form is not part of that plan We must have faith and trust in him. If some form of life comes here we must assume they are fallen Angels part of the great delusion to come upon the earth because thats what we are told. This doesnt mean there is no possability life exists elsewhere in some form it only means it will not be a part of our earthly experience in this flesh age.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Area 51? What is that? A hog farm....I am sorry but this stuff about just because the Bible does not say it or its not in the Bible it cannot exist...theres a lot of stuff not in the Bible but it exist....

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;49894)
Area 51? What is that? A hog farm....I am sorry but this stuff about just because the Bible does not say it or its not in the Bible it cannot exist...theres a lot of stuff not in the Bible but it exist....
I beg to differ nothing that would require our understanding of faith or God is not covered in scripture

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
Thanks kriss and honestly I agree with you fully. Its just trying to convince some people of the fallen angel theory sometimes scares them away because they are still baby Christians and not yet ready for such material. But if there is, or if there is not, life in space it does not matter I was only looking for a convincing way to show them that if aliens come they might be dangerous. And not like many are starting to believe now, from God. The devil is lowering our guards, what the pope said was a major blow and will still spread. I just hope people will not just accept aliens blindly, but I think my hope is in vain.Anyway God bless

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Craig19;49909)
Thanks kriss and honestly I agree with you fully. Its just trying to convince some people of the fallen angel theory sometimes scares them away because they are still baby Christians and not yet ready for such material. But if there is, or if there is not, life in space it does not matter I was only looking for a convincing way to show them that if aliens come they might be dangerous. And not like many are starting to believe now, from God. The devil is lowering our guards, what the pope said was a major blow and will still spread. I just hope people will not just accept aliens blindly, but I think my hope is in vain.Anyway God bless
I know my hope is in vein...because the scripture clearly says that many people shall be deceived because they love not the Truth. (II Thessalonians 2:10)

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(thesuperjag;49910)
I know my hope is in vein...because the scripture clearly says that many people shall be deceived because they love not the Truth. (II Thessalonians 2:10)
Deceived by what? So what your all saying is that if you believe in life beyond our little planet your not Christian is that it? Any body ever stop to think God might not have gave away all his secrets. There are things that can and do exist outside the realm of the Bible...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Craig19;49909)
I know craig its so sad but true in the olden days the fallen angels convinced the people they were the gods of old (mythology)today people wouldnt believe in gods but they sure would believe in Aliens the vatican is just helping this along

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Jerusalem Junkie;49911)
(thesuperjag;49910)
Deceived by what? So what your all saying is that if you believe in life beyond our little planet your not Christian is that it? Any body ever stop to think God might not have gave away all his secrets. There are things that can and do exist outside the realm of the Bible...Mark 13:23 - But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Jerusalem Junkie;49914)
Thats always the answer ain't it....
John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.John 8:36 - If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
JJ we are not saying if you believe in Aliens you are not a Christian all we are trying to say is do not just accept them blindly. Just because the pope said its ok to believe in them do not assume that they will be our brothers in Christ they might come to mislead us. Just be aware of the fact that although they may seem good they may be evil. Thats 1 of the devils best lies letting people think he has our best interests at heart although he actually wants us all dead.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(Craig19;49909)
Thanks kriss and honestly I agree with you fully. Its just trying to convince some people of the fallen angel theory sometimes scares them away because they are still baby Christians and not yet ready for such material. But if there is, or if there is not, life in space it does not matter I was only looking for a convincing way to show them that if aliens come they might be dangerous. And not like many are starting to believe now, from God. The devil is lowering our guards, what the pope said was a major blow and will still spread. I just hope people will not just accept aliens blindly, but I think my hope is in vain. Anyway God bless
I have already stated my disagreement with this but I would like to point out a couple things The pope is the only one who ca make an official church teaching. And the fact is the pope hasn't said a word about this, it is the cardinals making the statements. Which means that it is not a church teaching. and even if the pope believed it he would still have to make it a dogma. whcih wone it comes to aliens will never happen. This is not a church teaching unfortunatley thanks to the media it pretty is going to be treated as.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;49911)
Deceived by what? So what your all saying is that if you believe in life beyond our little planet your not Christian is that it? Any body ever stop to think God might not have gave away all his secrets. There are things that can and do exist outside the realm of the Bible...
Did you ever stop to think this is all part of the delusion to come.we are not saying they dont exist just that they are not true aliens. Isn't it strange that the first modern day UFO's appeared 1947/48 the same year Israel became a nation again in the book of Enoch they are called the watchers and isn't that what they have been doing is watching.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Phone home: Purported UFO video to be shown FridayBy Daniel J. Chacon, Rocky Mountain News Updated 07:01 p.m., May 28, 2008 Jeff Peckman, who is pushing a ballot initiative to create an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission in Denver to prepare the city for close encounters of the alien kind, said the video is authentic and convinced him that aliens exist."As impressive as it is, it's still one tiny portion in the context of a vast amount of peripheral evidence," he said Wednesday. "It's really the final visual confirmation of what you already know to be true having seen all the other evidence."When Peckman went before city officials this month to discuss his proposed ET initiative, he promised to show the video.Peckman said the general public will have to wait to see it because it's being included in a documentary by Stan Romanek."No one will be allowed to film the segment with the extraterrestrial because there is an agreement in place limiting that kind of exposure during negotiations for the documentary," he said.But people won't have to wait too long to see it for themselves."There is an open, public meeting in about a month in Colorado Springs," Peckman said. "We'll hope to do one in Denver at some point, and then in a few months, there will be the documentary that anybody can have, and it'll have the footage."An instructor at the Colorado Film School in Denver scrutinized the video "very carefully" and determined it was authentic, Peckman said.Peckman, 54, said the video was among the reasons he was "compelled" to launch the proposed ballot initiative, which has generated news as far as South Africa."It shows an extraterrestrial's head popping up outside of a window at night, looking in the window, that's visible through an infrared camera," he said. The alien is about 4 feet tall and can be seen blinking, Peckman said earlier this month.In a statement, Peckman said "other related credible evidence" proving aliens exist will be shown at Friday's news conference, too.[email protected] or 303-954-5099

eliyahu

May 27, 2008
Of course the pope affirms the possibility of Aliens. He and I are two of them. Read Genesis 6. Come on people! Think about it. Soon we will have enough probes to complete our earth collection and then we will move on to the next planet of space brothers.

eliyahu

May 27, 2008
Yes, I am totally kidding. :angel10:I hope you figured that. Although it would be awesome to have my name involved with elaborately creative conspiracies. I am not concerned too much about what the pope says. I believe in the UFO phenomenon as a demonic deception and distraction. Most of it is either explainable or otherwise a bunch of hooey, in my understanding. I have even seen somethings rather up close, unmistakably "flying saucer" type objects, twice about 18 years ago. I was very into that whole thing until for a while. I even met Whitley Stieber! But now I really think I have a more mature and Biblical view of things. Man is the pinacle of creation, the image of God with the authority and mandate to dominate creation. No other creature is comparable to us. Therefore there cannot be intelligent aliens of any kind.

LittleLightShining

Jan 23, 2008
(Craig19;49972)
JJ we are not saying if you believe in Aliens you are not a Christian all we are trying to say is do not just accept them blindly. Just because the pope said its ok to believe in them do not assume that they will be our brothers in Christ they might come to mislead us. Just be aware of the fact that although they may seem good they may be evil. Thats 1 of the devils best lies letting people think he has our best interests at heart although he actually wants us all dead.
Have any of you ever heard of Project Bluebeam? Let me warn you first that there is some chaff mixed in with the wheat on that site, but the article is very good. Here is another article. When I first heard about it I got freaked out and then shrugged it off as someone's big imagination having fun. Now that the Pope is coming out with this stuff about aliens, I'm not so sure.