Verses that DON'T convey what they say ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all,

I have no clue why ignorant people think that because the graduated from a cemetery (sometimes call seminary) think THEY ARE ENDOWED WITH ALL OF GOD'S KNOWLEDGE, when in fact they're the LEAST informed of any population, possibly with the exception of rocks -- and then it's 50/50.

Who Were the Merchants of Tarshish?
Thus, since there was such substantial trade with the continent known today as America, "the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof" must include the "young lions" of the United States, along with those of Britain and kindred folk in northern Europe. Today the population of the United States is made up basically of Celto-Saxon peoples. Although they had in 1776 been separated politically from the mass of Israel, then Britain, the "young lions" of America came storming back, across the Atlantic in 1917, to help defend Britain and the free world against tyranny. They came again in 1942 during World War II -- millions of them -- from America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa to fight in common cause against tyranny and aggression.

... and again:

Who Are The Onlookers Of Ezekiel 38:13? – Grace thru faith
The Phoenicians sailed as far north as England for tin, a metal used in the making of bronze and other alloys, which they mined in Cornwall, and which leads some to connect Tarshish with England. It may be that the name Britannia is actually derived from a Phoenician word meaning “source of tin.” If so, this reference could be to Great Britain making the “lions” (KJV) or “villages”(NIV) of Tarshish Great Britain’s colonies, of which the US is most prominent today. The fact that the lion is a symbol of the British Empire lends support to this view.

So who wants MORE TRUTH? Certainly not the HIRELING. In their case, they just have to pull stuff out of their dark recess ...
Bobby Jo
Why don't you find a SCHOLARLY source that supports your claim. Then we will talk.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you find a SCHOLARLY source that supports your claim. Then we will talk.

To All,
When a person refuses to see/hear/think, is there anything thing left except Scripture's punishment:

Isaiah 28:13
Therefore the word of the Lord will be to them
precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
line upon line, line upon line,
here a little, there a little;
that they may go, and fall backward,
and be broken, and snared, and taken. 14 Therefore hear the word of the Lord, you scoffers, ...

... and not only for the Sadducees & Pharisees, but also the HIRELINGS.

But for the rest of us, rest assured that Scripture is TRUE, and so too History:

Is This Sheba, Dedan and (the Merchants of) Tarsish's Last Dance?
Recent archaeological finds inspired the book, "America, B.C.", by Professor Barry Fell of Harvard University. With an estimated date of 700-600 B.C., the findings suggest that voyagers were probably not explorers but rather merchants trading with the New England Celts who, by that dates, were already well established fur trappers and very likely also mining precious metals from those sites where ancient workings have been discovered. If the findings of Professor Fell are accurate, large colonies of Celts had been brought by ship from Tarshish, Spain, to mine for ore and trap for furs and thus to establish trading posts deep within the American continent. They must surely be recognized as belonging to Ezekiel’s “merchants of Tarshish.”
Note that Ezekiel refers not just to Tarshish, but to “the merchants of Tarshish with all its young lions” (KJV). This phrase is a Hebrew idiom meaning nations that have come out of Tarshish. The young lions of Tarshish are a reference to the colonies that emerged from Britain and Europe – including the USA. Out of the Merchants of Tarshish came the colonial Empires. The most successful of these was Great Britain. The symbol of Great Britain is a lion.

... and so PLEASE don't rely on what you hear from the HIRELINGS. You must have your own personal relationship with GOD, and you must pursue HIS TRUTHS with your own efforts. -- Or be content consuming someone else's vomit.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,
When a person refuses to see/hear/think, is there anything thing left except Scripture's punishment:

Isaiah 28:13
Therefore the word of the Lord will be to them
precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
line upon line, line upon line,
here a little, there a little;
that they may go, and fall backward,
and be broken, and snared, and taken. 14 Therefore hear the word of the Lord, you scoffers, ...

... and not only for the Sadducees & Pharisees, but also the HIRELINGS.

But for the rest of us, rest assured that Scripture is TRUE, and so too History:

Is This Sheba, Dedan and (the Merchants of) Tarsish's Last Dance?
Recent archaeological finds inspired the book, "America, B.C.", by Professor Barry Fell of Harvard University. With an estimated date of 700-600 B.C., the findings suggest that voyagers were probably not explorers but rather merchants trading with the New England Celts who, by that dates, were already well established fur trappers and very likely also mining precious metals from those sites where ancient workings have been discovered. If the findings of Professor Fell are accurate, large colonies of Celts had been brought by ship from Tarshish, Spain, to mine for ore and trap for furs and thus to establish trading posts deep within the American continent. They must surely be recognized as belonging to Ezekiel’s “merchants of Tarshish.”
Note that Ezekiel refers not just to Tarshish, but to “the merchants of Tarshish with all its young lions” (KJV). This phrase is a Hebrew idiom meaning nations that have come out of Tarshish. The young lions of Tarshish are a reference to the colonies that emerged from Britain and Europe – including the USA. Out of the Merchants of Tarshish came the colonial Empires. The most successful of these was Great Britain. The symbol of Great Britain is a lion.

... and so PLEASE don't rely on what you hear from the HIRELINGS. You must have your own personal relationship with GOD, and you must pursue HIS TRUTHS with your own efforts. -- Or be content consuming someone else's vomit.

Bobby Jo
Still no scholarly resource....

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Don't be deceived regarding who to listen to. HIRELINGS would convince you to listen to them because "they're educated". And maybe they're correct, -- we should ONLY listen to HIRELINGS who graduated from cemeteries (sometimes spelled seminaries). Yep, DON'T LISTEN TO JESUS, because HE never possessed a "college" degree. And of course you can rule out ALL THE DISCIPLES with the exception of Luke, -- but his "degree" was in medicine, not theology. In fact, PAUL was the ONLY person trained in religion, which is not a bad thing, -- it's just not a prerequisite.

And so these HIRELINGS flaunt their "education" as though it mattered, but it obviously didn't help the Sadducees & Pharisees, and it won't help the HIRELINGS. :)

Bobby Jo
When you are talking about a geographic location you should have some proof. Apparently you don't and instead engage in ad hominem because you can't refute it. Good to know. Your true colors have shown.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you are talking about a geographic location you should have some proof. Apparently you don't and instead engage in ad hominem because you can't refute it. Good to know. Your true colors have shown.

Is the U.S. in Scripture? The U.K.? Russia? China? The U.N.? The State of Israel? Tanks? Helicopters? Nuclear Weapons? WWI? WWII? Hitler? -- YES to ALL, and none of these are named as such.

What you don't know, you obviously don't know, -- and you don't know A LOT.
Bobby Jo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the U.S. in Scripture?
No

The U.K.?
No

Yes

China? The U.N.?
Possibly

The State of Israel?
Yes

Tanks? Helicopters? Nuclear Weapons? WWI? WWII? Hitler?
Hitler and the two world wars, no.

What you don't know, you obviously don't know, -- and you don't know A LOT.
Bobby Jo
I know I don't read things into Scripture.

Reactions: theophilus

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say the word Russia is in the Bible? No. I didn't.

I asked if "Russia" was in "Scripture", and you said: "Yes". And you FURTHER ASSERTED: "... I don't read things into Scripture."

Now you assert that "Russia" is NOT in the bible: "Did I say the word Russia is in the Bible? No. I didn't."

So what am I to think of your "Christianity"? Are the Christian religious "leaders" liars? Are they any different than the Sadducees & Pharisees which Jesus assailed?

I think you're not a "pastor", you're a HIRELING, -- and a poor excuse for a HIRELING at that ...
Bobby Jo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked if "Russia" was in "Scripture", and you said: "Yes". And you FURTHER ASSERTED: "... I don't read things into Scripture."

Now you assert that "Russia" is NOT in the bible: "Did I say the word Russia is in the Bible? No. I didn't."

So what am I to think of your "Christianity"? Are the Christian religious "leaders" liars? Are they any different than the Sadducees & Pharisees which Jesus assailed?

I think you're not a "pastor", you're a HIRELING, -- and a poor excuse for a HIRELING at that ...
Bobby Jo
If you knew anything about Biblical Studies and Geography you would know that Russia is described in Gog and Magog. That is the region of current day Russia. So while Russia (the word and current country) is not in Scripture, the region most definitely is.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi H2S,

You make me laugh! -- I was hoping that each person had a verse which THEY could expound upon where they found a different conveyance than the literal text might appear to present. -- Not that I'd be asked to propose a solution for "interesting" passages.. :)

But not to be absent from your conversation, let me share what I've recently experienced and then proceed from there! --

I anticipate needing food, shelter, & supplies in ~18 months (16-17 months to be more precise). As such I bought a 480 sq. ft. cabin as a "lifeboat" for my wife and I which also has a 1,000 sq. ft. enclosed "workshop" with little wiring and no plumbing which could be used as a "bunk house"/"lifeboat" for my children & grandchildren. As I was working on the little cabin, moving walls, and insulating, and renovating, I had my wife's little "Boston" with me and he'd be bored so we'd go for a "walk" around my absent neighbor's 1,730 sq. ft. cabin, which I asked GOD to help me purchase as the BETTER "llifeboat" for my children and grandchildren. And in walking "Elam" many many times, I pulled about 800 - 1,000 "goats-beard" noxious weeds on that property.

I had looked at buying the property but couldn't afford it at $250K, and then it went into foreclosure. I had asked the realtor to let me know when it Listed, he apparently forgot and another person's $185K offer was Accepted, but the purchaser demanded that the septic be replaced, the roof penetrations re-caulked, and he was using his GI Bill to finance. Meantime the realtor told me to get all my paperwork in order and ready to submit because he thought the purchaser was going to pull out, and sure enough the day before closing he pulled out.

So my wife and I offered $176K (GI) and I'm now working on improving that cabin, which will comfortably accommodate my children's families.​

As such, it appears that when we ask for a loaf of bread, GOD will not give us a rock. It's HIS desire to help supply our needs, but we MUST be part of the equation using our Purse, Bag, and Sword (Luke 20:35-36) as appropriate! :)

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo
Get real BJ, I mean get real fast your always alleging this economic system failure, your the trustee on this deed? If the economy fails do you believe the deed holder(owner of the cabin) will not assume his property rights?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get real BJ, I mean get real fast your always alleging this economic system failure, your the trustee on this deed? If the economy fails do you believe the deed holder(owner of the cabin) will not assume his property rights?

Sorry, I didn't see your post because you're on IGNORE.

Who do you think owns that cabin? -- Perhaps you should worry more about yourself and family, and less so about another man's servant.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

After an extended and fruitless conversation which started with my assertion that because NO MAN KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR, that we can know the WEEK; MONTH; SEASON; YEAR (1); DECADE (10); SCORE (20); CENTURY (100); DAYTONA (500); and MILLENNIA (1,000). We just can't know the "day or the hour" because who can pick either from a multi-day FEAST?!?

And knowing the YEAR, SEASON, and MONTH, -- I don't particularly care about know the WEEK because it doesn't necessarily serve my purposes. And although it may matter to some, it just doesn't matter to me. But it would behoove Christians to find out certainly the YEAR when Jesus will return, and maybe the SEASON, so that they might prepare their households for the approximate 6 months in which we will not be able to "buy or sell".

Alternately, what good is a Great Falling Away, without participants! :)
Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I didn't see your post because you're on IGNORE.

Who do you think owns that cabin? -- Perhaps you should worry more about yourself and family, and less so about another man's servant.

Bobby Jo
Sorry, I just read you stated there is a Gi note, in all reality I don’t wish to cause you more paranoias, I just want you to see all of this is vanity.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

After an extended and fruitless conversation which started with my assertion that because NO MAN KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR, that we can know the WEEK; MONTH; SEASON; YEAR (1); DECADE (10); SCORE (20); CENTURY (100); DAYTONA (500); and MILLENNIA (1,000). We just can't know the "day or the hour" because who can pick either from a multi-day FEAST?!?

And knowing the YEAR, SEASON, and MONTH, -- I don't particularly care about know the WEEK because it doesn't necessarily serve my purposes. And although it may matter to some, it just doesn't matter to me. But it would behoove Christians to find out certainly the YEAR when Jesus will return, and maybe the SEASON, so that they might prepare their households for the approximate 6 months in which we will not be able to "buy or sell".

Alternately, what good is a Great Falling Away, without participants! :)
Bobby Jo
You said the year was in Scripture, yet you couldn't provide a single scripture that gave the year.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is just the biggest joke when I hear people swear they read every word of the Bible, "literally."
i have to agree we will suffer persecution ill it be physical also maybe .most likely more spiritual; man does not kno the time Christ will return . his post is way out of whack