Verses we don't get

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SealedEternal

Jan 6, 2008
(kriss;30796)
Again Sealed you use this to avoid the subject Jesus spoke the same thing in Mark 3 You are not rightly diving the Word the fact unbelievers were in his presence does not mean he was talking Just to them he was teaching US all as well as them To try to confine Jesus's teaching to just the few in his presence at the time virtully would make half of his teaching irrevant. Would you have us believe when he was just speaking to the Aspostles that it was only to them and not teaching to us all?
That wasn't my point at all. The scriptures are given by God for everyone, but the context of each verse is critical in understanding what is being taught. The first set of verses is Jesus condemning the Pharisees for blaspheming His Spirit, and saying that this is the one unpardonable sin. The second set is to Christ's apostles telling them that when the time of tribulation comes that they should not worry about what to say because His Spirit will do the speaking through them. Both verses therefore are addressing totally different groups of people on totally different subjects, and they have absolutely nothing in common except that both mention God's Spirit.You can't therefore just pluck each one out of it's proper context and join them together to create a new doctrine that neither was intended to teach. That's bad Bible Hermeneutics and the way that false doctrines are often created, because there is absolutely nothing in either passage that even remotely suggests that it is referring to the other. Rightly dividing the word of God means that you limit the verse to what the text says and the context which it was intended. You just can't therefore take a verse about the Pharisees blaspheming God's Spirit and link it to another verse about Christians being told by God's Spirit what to say when tribulation begins, without any indication whatsoever in the text to imply that the two passages are related.SealedEternal

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
All I can say is you are not correct it is not about speaking to the pharasee's He is using them to make a point the second is not to the apostles it is future its the same same warning as Denver says there is a second and third witness but this obviously is not going to get through to you.So there's no point going on with this discussion I know what I know and You are to stubborn to even try to see what is being said How wonderful God is to foretell us this thingSo you stay with your opinion and I'll stay with mineOne last clue here do a study on my sons and my daughters will prophesie they are related subjects.

SealedEternal

Jan 6, 2008
(kriss;30847)
but this obviously is not going to get through to you.So there's no point going on with this discussion I know what I know and You are to stubborn to even try to see what is being said How wonderful God is to foretell us this thing
You don't get through to someone and convince them that what you're saying is true by dogmatically saying it over and over without ever giving a shred of evidence. You claim that these two speeches to two different groups of people, on two completely different subjects, are somehow related because you say so, and if I or anyone else doesn't agree it's just that we are stubborn and don't get it. Reality doesn't work that way. If you're going to assert something you have to give evidence to show the link to the two concepts you are linking together besides your claim that you know it all, and if we don't see it it just proves you are smarter than us.There is nothing whatsoever in the text of either passage to suggest that the Pharisees blaspheming God's Spirit has anything whatsoever to do with Christians being told by God's Spirit what to say in the tribulation. You can keep saying dogmatically that it is so, but the context not only doesn't indicate that, but totally contradicts that assertion. You say He was using the Pharisees to make a point. Fine, but what point can He possibly use the Pharisees to make in regard to Christians in the end times? How does accusing them of blaspheming God's Spirit by attributing His works to Satan have anything whatsoever to do with Christians refusing to allow God to speak to them when they are persecuted? There is no correlation there whatsoever.The second was spoken to the apostles, but I agree that it was meant for those who came later. He told them not to worry about what to say to their persecutors because He will give them words to say to condemn them. Where is the indication in this text that if you speak something from your own mind that you are blaspheming God's Spirit and will lose your inheritance in His Kingdom as a result? There is absolutely nothing that remotely hints at such a thing.This is a doctrine created out of thin air that has no basis in reality, by attempting to link two different teachings to two different groups on two completely different subjects. You can't just invent doctrines and claim that it is true because you say so with no evidence except that if others don't agree it is because they are stubborn or lacking understanding. You have to present evidence that shows a clear correlation which you are unable to do.SealedEternal

dawngordon

Jan 15, 2008
it can be summed up very easily, it is saying that what someone is saying or doing is not of God/Jesus/or Holy Spirit.

dawngordon

Jan 15, 2008
You sound like a wonderful teacher for the father Fishing, I have the same views of homosexuality, and witchcraft, I know the father loves you very much, and that learning from the body of Christ is a part of who we are.Remember what the lord said about parts.Body of Christ, like all bodies, is comprised of many parts. All parts need to work in unison.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Thanksits not often hat a 15 year old gets that compliment.but I cannot accept it, For I know my faith, but am still struggling to live it." take the plank out of your eye before taking the splinter out of your neighbors."Let me take that plank out before you call me "teacher" your brother in christRyan Fitz

dawngordon

Jan 15, 2008
WOW 15, amazing, praise be to God!!That is something, I have met people three times your age, who did not speak so maturely, praise be to Jesus our Lord

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
He's saying that the Pharisee who said that He has an evil spirit in Him is unable to discern between people who are good and people who are evil because he is a very evil person himself.If the most righteous person in the world stands in front of you, you'd be able to recognize him immediately. Unless you are a very evil person, then you'd not be able to recognize that most righteous person. Neither the Spirit in that person wether it's good or evil.Because straight after He said this verse He said: '...either make the tree good, and its fruit good. Or else make the tree corrupt, and it's fruit corrupt.'A corrupt tree bears corrupt fruit, and will therefore be hewn down and thrown into the fire to be burned.Therefore Judgement day came earlier than expected for that person for offending the Holy Spirit for being evil, which made him void of discernment.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
He's stating that because the Pharisee is very evil himself, therefore he became unable to discern between righteousness (The Lord Himself, therefore the Spirit within Him) and evil, which caused him to blaspheme against the Lord's Spirit, which caused judgement day to come upon him that day.Because straight after the Lord Jesus said that blaspheme against the Holy Spirit have never forgiveness, He said...'either make the tree good, and its fruit good. Or else make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt.'Therefore what is blaspheme against God's Holy Spirit? It is being an evil person yourself, making you unable to discern between a righteous person (righteousness) and an evil person (evil), thus proclaiming what's done by the Spirit inside a righteous person as the spirit of a devil.Therefore if you are still able to tell the difference between a righteous person and an evil person, you need not worry about blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. Because you are fighting to not become an evil person, and therefore are still able to tell the difference beween a righteous person and the Spirit within them, and an evil person and the spirit within them.