Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't the Scripture that I had an issue with - it was your self-righteousness:
"I am right at home living daily full of righteousness"

Spoken like a TRUE Pharisee.
Good luck
with that . . .
There is no self-righteousness in me, nor in anyone in Christ Jesus who is clothed with His Righteousness as written.

Did you forget to go to Scripture and SEE WHAT IS WRITTEN?

The believers were continually FULL of JOY, PEACE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS ....

Are you going to say that they also were full of self-righteousness? CONTRARY to the WORD OF GOD you are... continuing....

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONLY thing you got right is the title “Outside the Church there is no salvation” (Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus). However - you conveniently left OUT the text of the teaching - which is just another one of your dishonest ploys.
Here it is again for your edification:
"Outside the Church there is no salvation"
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338

And you STILL haven provided proof for your moronic claims about the Vatican being overrun with prostitutes
Nice
job . . .
First off you are on the wrong thread moron. Either way the balls in your court...you do not like my references? Then lets see your references. Official documentation that the Catholic Church believes that salvation can be possible in Protestant denominations.
I win either way....I am neutral....if you cannot prove it...I win....if you can prove it...I am happy and I win.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(BoL said:
Yours is an old heresy called "Sabbelianism (Modalism)".)

A person who believes in Sabbelianism is baptized "only" in the name of the Father.

So with your big mouth of Accusations ...
Prove it!

Glory to God,
Taken
Your bizarre theology is a mixed bag of Sabellianism (Modalism) and the Docetist Heresy - so your not a "complete" Sabellianist.

You believe that God is represented in different "modes" but He's not Three distinct Persons.
You believe that the Son only pretended to be a human but he really wasn't.

Congratulations - you may have invented a NEW theological abomination . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spiritual man appraiseth all things, and is appraised by no one...
The lies from the liar are lies, every day since the Garden Time. The Father of lies is not stopped today yet.
Yes - that's pretty evident by your posts . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off your are on the wrong thread moron. Either way the balls in your court...you do not like my references? Then lets see your references. Official documentation that the Catholic Church believes that salvation can be possible in Protestant denominations.
I win either way....I am neutral....if you cannot prove it...I win....if you can prove it...I am happy and I win.
Ummmmm, I just showed you "official documentation" from the Catechism.
Are you NOT able to read??

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely false.
We can have a civil discussion where we disagree. I've had plenty of those.

Just don't lie - and I won't have to expose you.
I must have missed all those civil discussions. Seeing as how you just called me a liar again, I'm doubting that possibility.

Reactions: Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One way , used to be said by some, to know if something is truth or not,
is if the catholics say it, it is false.
IF the catholics oppose it, it is (usually) true.

This is perfectly in line with all Scripture, as the spirit behind the false gospel is anathema! (accursed!), not just neutral.

I must have missed all those civil discussions. Seeing as how you just called me a liar again, I'm doubting that possibility.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I told your fellow anti-Catholic @Taken:

If you can find an instance where I accused somebody of lying when they simply "disagreed" - then please present it.
Otherwise - you've just been exposed . . . again.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONLY thing you got right is the title “Outside the Church there is no salvation” (Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus). However - you conveniently left OUT the text of the teaching - which is just another one of your dishonest ploys.
Here it is again for your edification:
"Outside the Church there is no salvation"
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338

And you STILL haven provided proof for your moronic claims about the Vatican being overrun with prostitutes
Nice
job . . .
It does not look anymore official than mine.
Appears to be talking around the topic because....
It does not say that salvation is possible through Protestant denominations.
In fact the word Protestant does not appear in any of it.
Next....
On the topic of prostitutes....what?!!! The Vatican is full of something, but I do not think it is prostitutes.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appears to be talking around the topic because....
It does not say that salvation is possible through Protestant denominations.
In fact the word Protestant does not appear in any of it.
Next....
On the topic of prostitutes....what?!!! The Vatican is full of something, but I do not think it is prostitutes.
This is official teaching from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. - not the opinions of bishops and pothers as YOU presented.
It doesn't mention Protestants OR denominations. It is FAR more inclusive than that, as it is addressed to "those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church". This includes everybody.

PS - The Vatican Prostitute nonsense WAS from another post and from another poster.
I was posting multiple replies and got confused . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said - I only accuse people of lying when they LIE.
If you can find an instance where I accused somebody of lying when they simply "disagreed" - then please present it.

We have been over this before.
If your memory is so short... "You" go back over you Accusatory posts. Try to find the posts, where you are not asking another a question, then answering FOR THEM. :eek:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your bizarre theology is a mixed bag of Sabellianism (Modalism) and the Docetist Heresy - so your not a "complete" Sabellianist.

LOL... Your Carnal blather is almost as comical as your Catholic teaching.

You believe that God is represented in different "modes"

I have never said that.
Why are you making up LIES?

but He's not Three distinct Persons.

How many "distinct persons" are you?
* The one who calls himself the BreadOfLife, who isn't, but lies on this forum?
* The one who goes to Catholic Church, with another Name, and confesses all his lying.?
* The one who proclaims he received the Holy Spirit, Without repentance and Without Confessing Belief in God and Christ?
* The one who gives a failing attempt to argue Spiritual subjects with your Carnal understanding?

You believe that the Son only pretended to be a human but he really wasn't.

I have never said that.
Another of your LIES.

Congratulations - you may have invented a NEW theological abomination . . .

What an idiotic thing to say...
Congratulating me FOR YOUR LIES!
^ LOL!!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I told your fellow anti-Catholic @Taken:

LOL...
You lie repeatedly.
You call people Wrong who disagree with you.
You talk Lies FOR people, things they never said.

Liars Lie... the context of "disagreement" is irrelevant.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is official teaching from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. - not the opinions of bishops and pothers as YOU presented.
It doesn't mention Protestants OR denominations. It is FAR more inclusive than that, as it is addressed to "those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church". This includes everybody.

PS - The Vatican Prostitute nonsense WAS from another post and from another poster.
I was posting multiple replies and got confused . . .
This is very simple. Can you post an official statement of the Church that says salvation is between the believer and Christ and that Church acknowledges that those in Protestant denominations are saved. Looking for the words that should be there....Protestant and salvation. Now I want and I hope you can find this...As they say git'er done.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You so funny. You got to do much better than that.
First off not an attack.
Secondly I love Catholics.
Thirdly I supplied several references.
And finally and most importantly....you are left without a rebuttal. Where is your "official" information that says that the Catholic Church's official position is that salvation is possible in Protestant denominations.

See BOL's post #573 and following.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

WHAT!
The quotes from the official Catechism of The Catholic Church are not more official than your quotes from schismatics?

You are living in la la land

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT!
The quotes from the official Catechism of The Catholic Church are not more official than your quotes from schismatics?

You are living in la la land
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Again, not looking for circle talk. Looking for a definitive answer addressing the Protestant beliefs specifically.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is very simple. Can you post an official statement of the Church that says salvation is between the believer and Christ and that Church acknowledges that those in Protestant denominations are saved. Looking for the words that should be there....Protestant and salvation. Now I want and I hope you can find this...As they say git'er done.

Typical Protestant response.Put out a load of mush from dubious sources and then demand Catholics respond using exact words they specify.

Status
Not open for further replies.