Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians do not oppose the Bible. false allegation.
It is true that true Christians do not oppose the Bible, not willingly anyway.

Since you and your friends here DO oppose the Bible daily, in your posts and ideas, .... the first part of your sentence is true,
but as usually, not the second part.

Calling a lie the truth, or the truth a lie, is standard for you ilk and the false church from rome.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christ of the Bible is not pagan. But the image of Christ on the crucifix is an idol and anyone who worships a crucifix is breaking the second commandment.
"Second commandment" Are you a Jew?
I will disagree that the crucifix is Pagan.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that true Christians do not oppose the Bible, not willingly anyway.

Since you and your friends here DO oppose the Bible daily, in your posts and ideas, .... the first part of your sentence is true,
but as usually, not the second part.

Calling a lie the truth, or the truth a lie, is standard for you ilk and the false church from rome.
My friend are Christians from many denominations.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend are Christians from many denominations.
GOOD .... if this is true (we cannot tell from your own posts), and they are true Christians, ASK THEM to answer the questions you have brought up and not listened to the answers. IF they are true Christians, anywhere, anywhere in the world, THEY , your Christian friends, will tell you the same thing, straight from the Bible , totally in line with God's Plan and Purpose in Christ Jesus.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are not true Christians, will, like the ctholics, oppose the Bible, oppose Jesus, and give you different answers than the Bible.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Second commandment" Are you a Jew?
I will disagree that the crucifix is Pagan.
John said, "Little children, keep yourself from idols". That is New Testament, and John, writing from Ephesus, is instructing both Jewish and Gentile believers to keep away from idols.

Furthermore, Jesus is no longer on the cross. He is resurrected and is in glory with the Father.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John said, "Little children, keep yourself from idols". That is New Testament, and John, writing from Ephesus, is instructing both Jewish and Gentile believers to keep away from idols.

Furthermore, Jesus is no longer on the cross. He is resurrected and is in glory with the Father.
AND, He continues to warn people what will happen to them if they do not repent , including repenting of their idolatry.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
AND, He continues to warn people what will happen to them if they do not repent , including repenting of their idolatry.
The most popular form of idolatry in our churches is the having of a mental image of a God whom folks are comfortable with while not repenting of their sinful habit patterns. It is the mental image of a God who is a God of love, but not one of justice.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most popular form of idolatry in our churches is the having of a mental image of a God whom folks are comfortable with while not repenting of their sinful habit patterns. It is the mental image of a God who is a God of love, but not one of justice.
Yes, totally a false teaching and a false gospel and a life without power to save, even if it has the "form of religion"....

It may be the biggest false teaching/ false gospel anywhere in the world, and it is world wide, compounded (made worse, ) by the false church, by the illusion, by the lie, that the rcc has any good at all in it.....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No mystery. History is history. Protestants are called Protestants for a reason....Protest Churches.

That was accurate in history.
The protesters were Catholics Protesting the Teaching of the Catholic Church.

The early Protestants hated the Catholics and the Catholics considered them heretics.

The Early Protestants were Catholics!...
Until they QUIT or were Kicked out of the Catholic Church...Then the Church called them Heretics...but where do you surmise those men Hated the men in the Church?

Their protest was against the Churches Teaching and the Pope who went along with UnBiblical actions.

In the Protestants defense the corruption of the Church was obvious. Luther's 95 theses was accurate.

Still hatred is not a good foundation for a religion.

You are the only one saying HATE played any part in a Protest...or for a Church Foundation....
What Facts are you basing those claims on?

Luther intended to reform the Catholic Church but his movement got away from him.

The efforts of the Protestants

Most being called Protestant...were never Catholic, nor were any part of a protest movement against the Catholic Church.

Catholics have some sort of twisted idea that everyone gives the Catholic Church some consideration...and then becomes Anti-Catholic.

Not once did I ever consider Catholicism as an option...or any other organized Religion for that matter.
Catholics calling non- Catholics, anti- Catholic, I find hysterical...as if being a non-Catholic means anti-Catholic...when the Fact is they are Proponents of what the Believe.

Me hearing what the Catholic teach has simply made me Thankful my parents never
Coaxed me to a Catholic Church...as I have said on more than one occasion.

The efforts of Protestants have fractured the church

Nonsense. "THE Church is Jesus' Church"...

and it is time to consider that we are all Christians. With Moslems biting at our heals and communism and atheism at our gates it is time to have a unified front. Christians are not our enemy.

You can hope for "consideration" of Catholics And Other Christian Denominations to come together...however...that requires compromises...and I do Not for see the Catholic Church agreeable to yielding.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOOD .... if this is true (we cannot tell from your own posts), and they are true Christians, ASK THEM to answer the questions you have brought up and not listened to the answers. IF they are true Christians, anywhere, anywhere in the world, THEY , your Christian friends, will tell you the same thing, straight from the Bible , totally in line with God's Plan and Purpose in Christ Jesus.
Some will only know Christianity from the Bible....the beginning of Christianity....Catholicism is the religion that walked with Christ for 2000 years after the Bible. This is one of the reasons that fundamentalism is associated with Protestants.
And I am not saying I am critical of fundamentalism. Fundamentalism saves but it is lacking 2000 years of Christian interaction with God. But salvation does not require this additional information.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Idol is an image of a false God, not an image of Christ.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luther intended to reform the Catholic Church but his movement got away from him.
Perhaps he would have stayed in, if God did not want him out...

they sought to kill him, and they excommunicated him - he apparently leaped for joy in the air when he got the notice he was FREE !

Status
Not open for further replies.