Waiting for responses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good. I related Planck's constant to electric fields that carry the elementary charge via the length of a sine wave. And it's pretty precise. And that's just one part of the theory.

How's your garden and friend in the hospital doing?

We’ve got a rhododendron in bloom for the first time in the two years since I planted it. The bluebells in the prayer garden popped up practically overnight, the andromeda has both white flowers and red new growth, and the azaleas have just started. It’s a peaceful place. Hikers on the trail feel welcome to stop and sit there.:)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on! LoL.

Ok, glad I mentioned it then (you goofball). There's like 10 pages worth.

You can also do like some people do and go dig up a thread from the crypt and start posting on it all over again. Someone usually bites. Only trouble is, you have to explain to people that the thread is now 10 years old, and half the people they are trying to respond to have ceased to be members almost a decade ago, cuz people will think it's a new thread. :rolleyes:
OK I checked out the new posts page, I thought it was new threads page for some reason. You're pretty smart @Hidden In Him. You're good for this forum. We need your presence. Thanks for being part of the forum here!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I learned to stay out of conspiracy ideas a while ago because of my schizophrenia. Can't really embrace them anymore.

The bible study seems to do the same thing to me. I always get bad responses back which frustrate me. And frustration leads to pain which leads to anger in my case. Not good for me. I lack peace in discussions that get heated.

The forums should be a place to learn, but the enemy is constantly at work throwing up so much flack that it becomes a war zone instead. But I don't know that that's really anything new. The Devil was using the scribes and Pharisees to put up all KINDS of opposition to Jesus and His teachings during New Testament times, so I think it just sort of comes with the territory. When you are talking about the word being preached in the public arena, it will always be a mess you have to sort through. One key is to ask the Holy Spirit to be your Teacher, and lead you into all truth. If you do that on a daily basis, He will guide you to what can help you, and lead you away from stuff that won't.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’ve got a rhododendron in bloom for the first time in the two years since I planted it. The bluebells in the prayer garden popped up practically overnight, the andromeda has both white flowers and red new growth, and the azaleas have just started. It’s a peaceful place. Hikers on the trail feel welcome to stop and sit there.:)
Nature is a nice place to relax isn't it? Sometimes I go to my Dads and get into nature. He lives on an Indian reservation which is nice. There is a piece of land that they sold to non-natives.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK I checked out the new posts page, I thought it was new threads page for some reason. You're pretty smart @Hidden In Him. You're good for this forum. We need your presence. Thanks for being part of the forum here!

Now there's something I don't hear often. :)

Truth be known, I wish I were better for this forum than I currently am, but here's hoping Christ completes His work in me, and as John the Baptist said, He increases and I decrease.

God bless. With that, I think I'll log off and go eat whatever my wife is cooking. It smells pretty good.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forums should be a place to learn, but the enemy is constantly at work throwing up so much flack that it becomes a war zone instead. But I don't know that that's really anything new. The Devil was using the scribes and Pharisees to put up all KINDS of opposition to Jesus and His teachings during New Testament times, so I think it just sort of comes with the territory. When you are talking about the word being preached in the public arena, it will always be a mess you have to sort through. One key is to ask the Holy Spirit to be your Teacher, and lead you into all truth. If you do that on a daily basis, He will guide you to what can help you, and lead you away from stuff that won't.
I kinda forgot that. I used to ask the Holy Spirit to guide me. Lately my prayers have just been for safety of my family and myself. I've lost loved ones lately.

Anyways good advice, I'll add that to my prayers daily.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now there's something I don't hear often. :)

Truth be known, I wish I were better for this forum than I currently am, but here's hoping Christ completes His work in me, and as John the Baptist said, He increases and I decrease.

God bless. With that, I think I'll log off and go eat whatever my wife is cooking. It smells pretty good.
Sounds good, thanks for the discussion! :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This site is getting boring, I'm outa here.
If religious entertainment is the objective, you're right.....so why hang around?
If on the other hand one has a treasure to share in a climate where just about every man and his dog think they are right, you have come up against a challenge that makes 'entertainment' pale.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If religious entertainment is the objective, you're right.....so why hang around?
If on the other hand one has a treasure to share in a climate where just about every man and his dog think they are right, you have come up against a challenge that makes 'entertainment' pale.
Religious entertainment comes from God in my opinion. He has entertained me at times with sharing himself. That is entertaining to me. Anything God is. Entertainment can mean enjoyment. And God provides joy to people who serve him. He also provides joy to people that serve family.

I have treasures but I don't share them here, they are personal and from God. But everyone has the bible that they can read and learn from. If they need help understanding then they can ask questions from people in church or try to get answers on forums like these.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you could do is study a difficult verse or passage in-depth and then post what you have learned (without consulting any commentaries). That would not be boring in the least.
Yes I could. Maybe I will. It's been a while since I created a bible discussion on a forum. I usually wait until I have a question about religion and then I post a question so as not to post something I already know the answer to. But maybe I don't have to.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there's that discussion. But I come here to fellowship really. The forum seems a little dry in that respect.

I'm also not much into bible discussions, I've learned pretty much all I can now that I've been on forums like these for so many years, although I do catch a little, but most of the bible discussion are dominated by really controlling people it seems.
I could use some help in the kitchen, just sayin..
:D

Hugs

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forums should be a place to learn, ... One key is to ask the Holy Spirit to be your Teacher, and lead you into all truth. If you do that on a daily basis, He will guide you to what can help you, and lead you away from stuff that won't.

I have to confess that I don't have the learning mindset anymore. That's another thing I lost somewhere along the road.

It doesn't help that I sense some troublesome spirits behind most of the exchanges here.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to confess that I don't have the learning mindset anymore. That's another thing I lost somewhere along the road.

It doesn't help that I sense some troublesome spirits behind most of the exchanges here.
That just means we're doing something right and Satan is trying to thwart us.
If we were doing it wrong, he wouldn't try to throw stumbling blocks in our way.

Don't let it get you down, be all the more fruity
SMILE

Much Love
Hugs

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't let it get you down, be all the more fruity
I know at least one person who put me on "ignore" because he thought I was acting "fruity". :p

But I've developed a bad attitude of "I already know what this means", which pretty closes off any openness to learning. Or jumping to the conclusion that most people preaching at me here don't have anything new worth learning. SSDD. So, I just say what I want to say, and I don't need to convince anybody I'm right.

There's a couple people who can break through my shell, but they're rare. I understand why most of the people in Jesus' time did not accept Him.

Alright, confession time is over.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How's your friend in the hospital doing?

Thank you for asking. The "complication" turned out to be a garden-variety UTI, easily handled by antibiotics. But peeing red scared her. I'm still concerned that her sense of balance is off and she has to walk with a cane now. I try to always walk right beside her in case she stumbles. And her diabetic neuropathy has gotten worse; she's had to get special tools for ordinary tasks like opening jars because she doesn't have any grip strength or dexterity in her hands. Several members of our church volunteer to help her with transportation and the like, so maybe we're doing something Jesus would approve of.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know at least one person who put me on "ignore" because he thought I was acting "fruity". :p

But I've developed a bad attitude of "I already know what this means", which pretty closes off any openness to learning. Or jumping to the conclusion that most people preaching at me here don't have anything new worth learning. SSDD. So, I just say what I want to say, and I don't need to convince anybody I'm right.

There's a couple people who can break through my shell, but they're rare. I understand why most of the people in Jesus' time did not accept Him.

Alright, confession time is over.

I get into times of "fasting" I guess you could say. When there really isn't anything to peak ones curiosity.
Your not hungry. And that's ok we all have times when we get full.
Have to be careful though, it's in these times of "fulness" we tend to get hmmm.. careless. We let things slip.
Maybe it's time to get out of the choir (preached at) and to get in the pulpit (preach to) ?

What's your favorite topic? I enjoy prophecy and the different symbols in the bible.
I always try to figure out the depths of things. I don't always get it right, or maybe hardly ever. :rolleyes:
But the digging keeps me hungry, keeps me searching for more.
Don't stop looking.. there's lots of treasure still to be found.

Fruity is as fruity does :p

I have to cheer myself up at times. The world is dark right now.
And if we don't shine in it, who will? o_O

Much Love Brother
Hugs

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This forum has always had a presence when it comes to conspiracy-based discussion. But there's a war on, with a lot of people dying and millions of lives being displaced, so it's important enough to discuss the causes behind what is happening. But that's not everyone's "cup o' tea" as it were, so I understand.
I hate the political and current events stuff 'cause I can't fact-check as fast as people can make up nonsense, so I can't participate without risking false witness.

And even fact-checking isn't reliable. It seems like I have the world on my screen and at my fingertips, but really I'm still just a guy sitting in my house in rural central Pennsylvania.

The Word never changes, though. It reads the same pretty much everywhere you get it.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that the text I often handle lightly and take for granted is the same text that extremely brave people used to sew into the fabric of their garments a page or two at a time and smuggle from place to place at peril of their lives and probably still do in some places in the world.

:)