Waiting for responses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Romans 8 tells us it is by the Holy Spirit that we cry Abba, Father.... Similarly, Galatians 4.6.
A unregenerate can also say "Abba Father"
How is the Holy Spirit co-witnessing?
Understand that some
have an analytical inquisitive mind/nous...here's one for you...

Act_17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

How did they search the scriptures..daily?
Blessings
J.
Commentaries not an option?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol! Without commentaries! No dictionaries, lexicons?
Dictionaries and lexicons are Bible study tools. Commentaries are the comments of theologians (many true and many false). As to the witness of the Holy Spirit it is an inner witness to the child of God, even while there are three witnesses in Heaven, and three on earth (1 John 5:7,8 KJV). In each case, the Holy Spirit is a divine witness.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Dictionaries and lexicons are Bible study tools. Commentaries are the comments of theologians (many true and many false). As to the witness of the Holy Spirit it is an inner witness to the child of God, even while there are three witnesses in Heaven, and three on earth (1 John 5:7,8 KJV).

Attachments

• Live in the Bible.jpg
    Live in the Bible.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Some are too lazy to study and read their bibles in a superficial/fictional manner.
So @Enoch111...2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

1) "For we dare not," (ou gar tolmomen) "For we dare not," are not so conceited and presumptuous as the self-esteeming, super-pious. 2Co_3:1-4.

2) "Make ourselves of the number or compare ourselves," (egkrinai he sugkrinai' heautous) "to classify or to compare ourselves," we do not wish even to be identified by comparison with the following type of people:

3) "With some that commend themselves," (tisin ton heautous sunisthanonton) "With some, the ones commending themselves;" 2Co_5:12; Mar_7:6-13; Like the Pharisee of Luk_18:11; Isa_1:15; Rom_12:16.

4) "But they measuring themselves by themselves," (alla autoi en heautois heautous metrountes) "But they are measuring themselves continually among themselves;" full of self-emulation and conceit, Pro_26:12; Pro_29:20.

5) "And comparing themselves among themselves," (kai sugkrinontes heautous heautois) "And they are continually comparing themselves with themselves;" wise in their own eyes, not in comparison with the mind and the Word of God, 1Co_1:21; 1Co_1:24-29; Rom_1:21-22; Rom_1:25.

6) "Are not wise," (ou suniasin) "do not understand what they are doing," are unwise, spiritually blinded, deceived, and ignorant of their alien condition, Eph_4:18.
Garner-Howes

Like ole Spurgeon said...visit many good books/commentaries/dictionaries/lexicons/...

Blessings
J.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This site is getting boring, I'm outa here.
Start an interesting conversation. Tell everybody to buy Linda Young's and my next CD of Christians song when it comes out. Linda and I have already completed our tracks. We just need Mark Sargent to add his tracks, and whatever else needs to be done.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Start an interesting conversation. Tell everybody to buy Linda Young's and my next CD of Christians song when it comes out. Linda and I have already completed our tracks. We just need Mark Sargent to add his tracks, and whatever else needs to be done.
Christmas songs? Do you like Christmas songs?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! My mistake, still learning the many bells and whistles and the "tagging"
Blessings
J.

Btw, about the tagging, don't be offended should someone not respond. I've found that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. People have told me they tagged me yet I never got it. This is why I will tend to actually quote someone if I am really looking for a reply.

God bless, and just a heads up.
- H

Reactions: Nancy

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Btw, about the tagging, don't be offended should someone not respond. I've found that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. People have told me they tagged me yet I never got it. This is why I will tend to actually quote someone if I am really looking for a reply.

God bless, and just a heads up.
- H
Amen @Hidden In Him
Stay strong and resolutely so, in Christ Jesus my brother in Mashiach.

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,...
There, just tried the "tagging" business Lol!
Blessings
J.