Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phenomenon of being woken up by a loud noise is known as "exploding head syndrome". Im not joking look it up. Its a parasomnia

Other parasomnias u may experience are; sleep walking and/or talking, sleep terrors, sleep eating, sleep hallucinations (from personal experience, frightening), sleep paralysis (never had it but sounds even more terrifying).

Despite science being able to identify such phenomenon they are still perplexed as to how and why this happens and don't know how to treat people that suffer from frequent episodes of it.

What exactly do u mean when u say "in tongues"? Was it another language that u didn't know?
Hello brother, it wasn't a loud noise it was His voice.
I hear Him speaking all the time....sometimes even while communicating with someone here.
You did give me a chuckle and I thought how sweet that you were trying to help me identify the source of what I heard.
Honestly this is good information...I have never heard of this.
God Bless brother.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had the sleep paralysis, and your right it sucks. Seems like every time I experience it im face down in the pillow, makes it even worse.
That's not good...I hear it's very frightening.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello brother, it wasn't a loud noise it was His voice.
I hear Him speaking all the time....sometimes even while communicating with someone here.
You did give me a chuckle and I thought how sweet that you were trying to help me identify the source of what I heard.
Honestly this is good information...I have never heard of this.
God Bless brother.

I don't doubt it was Him. That's why i said that the scientists have identified those things but know nothing else about them

I try help when I can and reading what u said reminded me of my experiences. If the voice was softly spoken then maybe it isn't what I suggested
If the voice was loud and woke u up then it definitely falls into that category

Please don't tell a doctor because they will try feed u with drugs that are extremely dangerous
If u tell them u hear Him often they will label you a schizophrenic, feed u drugs and want to take u to a mental home to study u

God Bless

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't doubt it was Him. That's why i said that the scientists have identified those things but know nothing else about them

I try help when I can and reading what u said reminded me of my experiences. If the voice was softly spoken then maybe it isn't what I suggested
If the voice was loud and woke u up then it definitely falls into that category

Please don't tell a doctor because they will try feed u with drugs that are extremely dangerous
If u tell them u hear Him often they will label you a schizophrenic, feed u drugs and want to take u to a mental home to study u

God Bless
lol!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've had the sleep paralysis, and your right it sucks. Seems like every time I experience it im face down in the pillow, makes it even worse.

Worse case scenario of sleep paralysis is face up, cannot move and frightening hallucination such as demons taunting u

I believe it's just a struggle to wake up

Maybe in your case but it's more complex with hallucinations

When we sleep our bodies go into a sort of paralysis. This is so that we don't act out our dreams and hurt ourselves
With sleep paralysis our minds are awake but our bodies are asleep which is what u are describing
With the addition of hallucinations but scientists are really at a loss and can only speculate

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worse case scenario of sleep paralysis is face up, cannot move and frightening hallucination such as demons taunting u
Can't say I've ever had any hallucinating.

Maybe in your case but it's more complex with hallucinations

When we sleep our bodies go into a sort of paralysis. This is so that we don't act out our dreams and hurt ourselves
With sleep paralysis our minds are awake but our bodies are asleep which is what u are describing
With the addition of hallucinations but scientists are really at a loss and can only speculate

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They planted churches in Other areas in Brighton as well.
Would you believe that Dave Fellingham use to be my music teacher at school - back then he had long hair, had all the girls liking him, we joined the music class because we liked him xx
Rita
@Rita Is there a connection with Lou Fellingham, who sings 'There is a day', and songs by Stuart Tounshend /Phatfish?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry for your loss, mine died in 1999...and it caused me to get lost in the wilderness for several years.
His people end up there a lot. The wilderness especially the desert can be very quiet at times, quiet enough for that whisper that is His still small voice calling.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
R

Rita

@Rita Is there a connection with Lou Fellingham, who sings 'There is a day', and songs by Stuart Tounshend /Phatfish?
She is married to David’s son, Nathan - they attend Emanuel Church ( was Christ the king ) in Brighton.
Rita

Reactions: farouk