Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone posted a thread about it a few days ago, but I had seen it before - it’s quite interesting, at first I thought it was not valid, but then I was reminded of who David Wilkinson was, and I actually trust his testimonies and ministry
Rita
Yes I remember him, He was an awesome evangelist.....and while I was reading a couple of posts just now I was reminded that there have been a few other viral pandemics but they didn't get all this media attention like this one.

R

Rita

Yes I remember him, He was an awesome evangelist.....and while I was reading a couple of posts just now I was reminded that there have been a few other viral pandemics but they didn't get all this media attention like this one.
I think he mentions that New York will particularly hard hit - he had a heart for New York, didn’t he x
Rita

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he mentions that New York will particularly hard hit - he had a heart for New York, didn’t he x
Rita
Yes....you are absolutely correct...and the other pandemics didn't hit New York like this one did. Well I guess we are witnessing a prophetic word coming to fulfillment...Praise God....all I know is He was stirring me up to WAKE UP! lol...and I knew exactly what it was about. It is what I and thousands of believers have been praying for.
In January, believers from all over the world joined together in agreement to do a 21 day fast and prayer for our world.....for God to send His Holy Spirit and give us a fresh anointing....a revival...an awakening.....and many other things...and I was studying about the Great Awakening in the 1700's and it changed religion dramatically causing many to get saved and the churches grew in numbers like never before...and it all started with a body of believers coming together in prayer.

Reactions: Rita

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@SovereignGrace - I copied and pasted the link , it is so much easier on my new iPad, never thought to try it as it never worked very easily on my old one - have no idea why, but Helen had the same issue I believe x
Rita
I have every respect for David Wilkerson. It was his "Chicken" tract that stopped me in my tracks and put the fear of God into me, and helped me to listen to the guy who eventually led me to Christ. I have listened to David's preaching, and he is very strict and uncompromising about the essential need for holy living. His preaching is with conviction and promotes the healthy fear of God. There were no easy believers under his ministry.

But no one is perfect no matter how good we all are. I don't believe in modern day prophets for the nation. Now, having said this, I am not wanting to be a wet blanket here, but I want to encourage you not to take his prophecies at face value before being like the Bereans - to search the Scriptures thorough to see whether his prophecies are true or not. Paul says to test all things and hold fast to that which is good. John says to test every spirit to see if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I have doubts about prophecies about a great awakening or revival in the last days, because it conflicts with what Jesus said about in the last days there will be a great falling away. King Ahab's prophets were Jewish prophets. They were not identified as prophets of Baal, like the ones who Elijah killed on Mount Carmel. They were prophets of God, but God permitted a lying spirit to be in their mouths because He wanted to remove Ahab as king through getting him killed in battle.

I am not saying that David Wilkerson's prophecies come from a lying spirit. But they can be imperfect because of the mistaken teaching in the Charismatic movement that there are still God appointed prophets to the nation, which are not mentioned in the New Testament.

Anyone can read the Bible and see that pestilences, earthquakes, wars, will happen in the last days, and so anyone can prophesy them and have a fair expectation that they will come to pass in some form or another. I guess we had "prophets" telling the people during the great plague of the Middle Ages, that this was the end-time judgment coming on them and the second coming of Christ was just around the corner. I would not be surprised if there were "prophets" who said they predicted the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic that killed millions around the world.

What I am saying is to search the Scriptures carefully to see if the prophecy is of God, and not just take the word of even a godly ministry like David Wilkerson who says he has heard from the Holy Spirit about what is going to happen.

R

Rita

I think that perhaps an awakening needs to happen within the churches themselves , not all, but many have lost their way - you look at the churches in revelations and they are warnings that should be reflected on by many - especially in the western world. So ‘ awake, awake , awake ‘ is just so apt, many are asleep !!!
By the way the Holy Spirit is really working in my life right now , it’s very personal to share .......and I am not sure I could even put it into words........ he is giving me prospective on the wilderness years in my life - new understanding , and as a result my faith is being renewed xx
Rita

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have every respect for David Wilkerson. It was his "Chicken" tract that stopped me in my tracks and put the fear of God into me, and helped me to listen to the guy who eventually led me to Christ. I have listened to David's preaching, and he is very strict and uncompromising about the essential need for holy living. His preaching is with conviction and promotes the healthy fear of God. There were no easy believers under his ministry.

But no one is perfect no matter how good we all are. I don't believe in modern day prophets for the nation. Now, having said this, I am not wanting to be a wet blanket here, but I want to encourage you not to take his prophecies at face value before being like the Bereans - to search the Scriptures thorough to see whether his prophecies are true or not. Paul says to test all things and hold fast to that which is good. John says to test every spirit to see if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I have doubts about prophecies about a great awakening or revival in the last days, because it conflicts with what Jesus said about in the last days there will be a great falling away. King Ahab's prophets were Jewish prophets. They were not identified as prophets of Baal, like the ones who Elijah killed on Mount Carmel. They were prophets of God, but God permitted a lying spirit to be in their mouths because He wanted to remove Ahab as king through getting him killed in battle.

I am not saying that David Wilkerson's prophecies come from a lying spirit. But they can be imperfect because of the mistaken teaching in the Charismatic movement that there are still God appointed prophets to the nation, which are not mentioned in the New Testament.

Anyone can read the Bible and see that pestilences, earthquakes, wars, will happen in the last days, and so anyone can prophesy them and have a fair expectation that they will come to pass in some form or another. I guess we had "prophets" telling the people during the great plague of the Middle Ages, that this was the end-time judgment coming on them and the second coming of Christ was just around the corner. I would not be surprised if there were "prophets" who said they predicted the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic that killed millions around the world.

What I am saying is to search the Scriptures carefully to see if the prophecy is of God, and not just take the word of even a godly ministry like David Wilkerson who says he has heard from the Holy Spirit about what is going to happen.
What a relief! I thought I was going to cop some flak from you for my comments! :)

R

Rita

I guess I have different views on prophecy, but I do understand , and appreciate what you are saying. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I don’t doubt that God can and does speak to individuals in a prophetic way , I don’t know the context of David’s prophecy, but as he had a heart for New York, at the time perhaps he had grave concerns for the city and needed an encouragement. Was the prophecy to the nation, or a personal one.
Naturally it is wise to test anything, and as I said we don’t really know the context of that prophecy. I read it and was intrigued, but like many people given prophecy in scripture, they tend to hold it in their hearts ......
The fact that others have had awakenings and prompts in recent times, could well suggest that many will wake up from their slumber at this time, and the pandemic will certainly bring many to their knees - who knows what kind of impact that will have...... only time will tell xx
Rita

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I guess I have different views on prophecy, but I do understand , and appreciate what you are saying. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I don’t doubt that God can and does speak to individuals in a prophetic way , I don’t know the context of David’s prophecy, but as he had a heart for New York, at the time perhaps he had grave concerns for the city and needed an encouragement. Was the prophecy to the nation, or a personal one.
Naturally it is wise to test anything, and as I said we don’t really know the context of that prophecy. I read it and was intrigued, but like many people given prophecy in scripture, they tend to hold it in their hearts ......
The fact that others have had awakenings and prompts in recent times, could well suggest that many will wake up from their slumber at this time, and the pandemic will certainly bring many to their knees - who knows what kind of impact that will have...... only time will tell xx
Rita
I totally agree. God speaks to us prophetically all the time, especially when we are reading the Scriptures or hearing a good expository Bible teacher. It is important how we choose to share the prophetic word with others, and we need wisdom from God in order to do that.

R

Rita

Well, I was responding to your post. But maybe the flak is yet to come! :D
Lol , I was just checking as I wondered why you would think I would give you flak, I am quite a timid kind of person at times, I do speak up more than I use to on the forum, and can stand my ground when I feel it is right to do, but I am pretty good at agreeing to disagree , well most of the time !!!!!!! Lol

R

Rita

Paul, I just noticed on another thread that you live in ‘ new Brighton ‘ in New Zealand —- had to laugh, I live in ‘ Brighton ‘ in the UK ..........does that mean I am in the ‘ Old Brighton ‘ !!!! Lol

R

Rita

We did have two, but one burnt down, there is a ‘ New Brighton ‘ up north as well , but I didn’t know that until I just looked it up.
Well, welcome fellow Britonian xx

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just researched this and there are web sites that speak on this....wow.... and it was in 1986 that he prophesied that....
Thanks for sharing this.

If we are going to get a great awakening as prophesied all I can say is come virus, do your dirty work and then God will take over.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If we are going to get a great awakening as prophesied all I can say is come virus, do your dirty work and then God will take over.
It is a very good time and opportunity to share the gospel because we can use the "you don't know when you are going to die" approach. Then you can tell them that everyone has to attend the appointment of death and after that is the judgment. Then you can chip away at their conscience to show them that they are not as good as they think they are.

I think that Ray Comfort is very good at sharing the gospel with no pressure. His videos are worth watching.

Reactions: marksman
R

Rita

And when I lived in the UK we were friends with people in the Terry Virgo Church in Brighton.

If you have a pier then it appears that good news is on the way.
Small world , I use to go along to the church when I first moved back to Brighton- I do listen to their podcasts sometimes , more so while I have been in isolation. They do have a heart for the city xx
Terry handed over the reins some years ago, he has come back down here from time to time.
They have also planted churches in a few other areas down here as well.
Rita

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False doctrine is prevalent here, and is bad fruit (bad teachings). From bad trees.
Yes, including those who worship a false Christ, the "brother of Satan" a "created being" and their god they call the father is merely an exalted human being, once just like us, but he made it to the big time.

She's correct, doctrine sure is "super important" because if you have a false Christ, well, Jesus said this; John 8:24.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am wondering whether I have misunderstood your whole meaning Joseph, I took it to mean that those called out, the ekkleisia were those who are ‘ born again, spirit filled ‘ Christians - but are you meaning a completely separate group of elite Christians that are called out in a different way ( might explain why you did not get what I was saying on another thread )
I guess an example would be the apostles , as opposed to Jesus disciples - a separate group, on another level - and if you are , do you believe that you are one of them.
Rita
To me for decades, Ekklesia is

ALL the ones with circumcised hearts -

ALL the born again ones born again by the Will of the Father from heaven , not by the will of man.

1577 ekklēsía(from 1537 /ek, "out from and to" and 2564 /kaléō, "to call") – properly, people called out from the world and to God....

This is right and as simple and as true as can be conveyed.

Too many definitions spoil the......... idea, understanding, bringing shadows or confusion .....
(looking online turned up too many variations .... Just the one 1577 above, seems the best simplest to consider .... God Permitting.