Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HELPS Word-studies
1577 ekklēsía(from 1537 /ek, "out from and to" and 2564 /kaléō, "to call") – properly, people called out from the world and to God....

Too many definitions spoil the chocolate chip cookies (made with oats, honey, distilled water, sea salt, cocoa, .... ) ...
(looking online turned up too many variations .... Just the one 1577 above, seems the best simplest to consider .... God Permitting.

Thanks. Yes, not knowing what it was in doing a search it appeared on the internet as only males are called. Took me right back to the two Jehovah witnesses who were women coming to my house and saying they have not been and have never been invited to Heaven. Not trying to cause a stink or ruin a cookie.

Reactions: Joseph77

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, well I must admit I have not tried it on my new iPad, my old one use to be a nightmare - think it may be down to me, not the actual iPad itself xx
By the way I didn’t mean you when I mentioned about dodgy websites , I meant the other soveriegn grace , she hasn’t been on here for ages now x
Rita
I know you weren’t talking about me. That person spelled sovereign differently than I do. :)

Reactions: Rita

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77 on my phone this morning instead of my tablet. Tried to go back to find your post about God still doing miracles but limited on my phone(small screen). You showed yet it requires ALL and how it is not the church seen today but very different. Agree as it lines up with His word. A lot of verses...sorry. But it is there, yeah?

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Watch...another that goes with watching is not to be “unaware” snared or taken. As the word says not drunk but sober “so that day come upon you unawares.”
Luke 21:34-36.

1 Thessalonians 5:3-4 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. [4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (Unaware)

Important in the above is “they shall say, Peace and safety” then sudden destruction...the broad road that leads to destruction.

Luke 11:21-22 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: [22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
Instead “Put on the whole Armour Of God” and “My peace I leave with you, not peace as the world gives”
Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Hebrews 10:33-34 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. [34] For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Matthew 24:45-51 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household(HIS goods), to give them meat in due season? [46] Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. [47] Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. [48] But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; [49] And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;(not sober and watching) [50] The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, [51] And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77 on my phone this morning instead of my tablet. Tried to go back to find your post about God still doing miracles but limited on my phone(small screen). You showed yet it requires ALL and how it is not the church seen today but very different. Agree as it lines up with His word. A lot of verses...sorry. But it is there, yeah?
Clarify this when able... I'm not sure of the idea here ? Yes, I understand a lot of readers may be on a cell phone (or tablet), and it is more difficult to read what is posted, and more difficult to reply, and more difficult to catch everything related that may be important (i.e. things are missed, it just happens, yes) ...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I meant just the part of post I quoted - I'm not sure what that means..... not clearly anyway....

We DO overcome WITH our testimony in JESUS, and by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB (JESUS)....
Yes, but is it in words only? Not even sure I could share the testimony as it has already been given to those God choose to give it too. Those who came in to destroy and take a part what I loved so it did cost greatly. Not sure sharing it is the same as how God brought it about and looking back it was joyful ...as weird as that sounds because He was working in it. 1 Timothy 6:12-14 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. [13] I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; [14] That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure I understand what you mean here?
As written in Galatians (quoted on a post a little while ago)
Society is pernicious - death dealing,
only the redeemed, set apart by God, is helpful or good - every good gift is from above.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As written in Galatians (quoted on a post a little while ago)
Society is pernicious - death dealing,
only the redeemed, set apart by God, is helpful or good - every good gift is from above.

Not saying you have to agree but I am hoping you will consider it and search it out ... James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Don’t know if other translations clear this up but are there two that are assumed as one yet both having a meaning and purpose? Is a good gift the same as a perfect gift? Again, reference although I give all my goods to feed the poor and even my body to be burned ..yet if it lacks that which remains in “when that which is perfect has come that which is in part is done away with.” ...it profits nothing. Dead. We are speaking of the awakening of Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Every good and perfect gift is from above: 2 Corinthians 3:7-11 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: [8] How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? [9] For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. [10] For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. [11] For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Could say: if the good gift was glorious which was to be done away with, that which was in parts...how much more glorious the ministration of that which remains (every perfect gift) exceed in glory. For even that which was made good had no glory in respect, by reason of the perfect gift that excelleth. For if that which is done away was good, how much more glorious is that which remains. —1 Corinthians 13:9-13 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. [11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. [12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. [13] And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 9:11-12 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? [12] If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! And I pray that believers will not confuse "it's time" as referring to the rapture or His return
...this is specifically about the great Awakening and God restoring His Church....preparing us to reap a great harvest. Empowering us to be His Disciples walking as Jesus did. Equipping the saints.
..perfecting the Saints until we all come into the unity of faith.
I have been anticipating this time for 20+ years and finally it's here!
Hallelujah!
And I tell you this by His Spirit that you are planted exactly where He wants you to be....and you are very valuable to this forum...your absence was greatly felt and a foreboding or darkness seemed to have crept in since you and others had left...you are.a woman of God...a spiritual warrior
..you have kept the enemy at bay and you have a Spirit of Boldness to confront the lies of the enemy.
These lying spirits don't like you being here AT ALL! They hate being exposed like you do.

I've been praying for this outpouring for years! Bring it on, Holy Spirit!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually thought my faith had faltered in the last six months, something happened that made me question if I had really heard words of prophecy about ten years ago, they revolved around my ex husband, he sadly died, which made me doubt the whole thing as it revolved around him coming to faith. It’s knocked me back a bit - but certainly before that, yes my faith grew through many trials xxx
Rita x
I went through something similar when my husband died over 6 years ago. God had shown me what was POSSIBLE if my husband had walked in obedience to Him, but my husband didn't.... This sort of thing can shake our faith to be sure. When things don't make sense to us, we need to ask Him to show us what we need to know and trust Him whether we fully understand it this side of heaven. I pray that you will have His peace.

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went through something similar when my husband died over 6 years ago. God had shown me what was POSSIBLE if my husband had walked in obedience to Him, but my husband didn't.... This sort of thing can shake our faith to be sure. When things don't make sense to us, we need to ask Him to show us what we need to know and trust Him whether we fully understand it this side of heaven. I pray that you will have His peace.
Sorry for your loss, mine died in 1999...and it caused me to get lost in the wilderness for several years.

Reactions: mjrhealth

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Small world , I use to go along to the church when I first moved back to Brighton- I do listen to their podcasts sometimes , more so while I have been in isolation. They do have a heart for the city xx
Terry handed over the reins some years ago, he has come back down here from time to time.
They have also planted churches in a few other areas down here as well.
Rita

Yes, I believe they planted one in Littlehampton led by Dave Fellingham who was at Brighton and who worked together with me at some youth camps.

R

Rita

Yes, I believe they planted one in Littlehampton led by Dave Fellingham who was at Brighton and who worked together with me at some youth camps.
They planted churches in Other areas in Brighton as well.
Would you believe that Dave Fellingham use to be my music teacher at school - back then he had long hair, had all the girls liking him, we joined the music class because we liked him xx
Rita

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They planted churches in Other areas in Brighton as well.
Would you believe that Dave Fellingham use to be my music teacher at school - back then he had long hair, had all the girls liking him, we joined the music class because we liked him xx
Rita
Yes, I can believe that.

Reactions: Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
About a week ago I had fallen asleep on the couch and when I woke up I heard Him say It's Time!.....I remember at first I was anxious thinking it was "my" time...my number was up....but as my head cleared and I became fully awake the light bulb came on and I jumped up with joy....IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!
Time for what? The greatest outpour of the Holy Spirit ever! The awakening of those who have fallen asleep in their gifts and callings to be stirred up again and to be used by God mightily.

Then last night I was drifting off to sleep...and He said....WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!
So I was fully awake and began to pray in tongues but I couldn't just pray in tongues I was singing in tongues and when I would try to just speak only song would come out......

If you have ever been used by God in the gifts of the Holy Spirits or were called to witness/minister but gave up and kind of "fell asleep" in that area....He isn't finished with you.
It's time to wake up and stir up the gifts He has given you!

The phenomenon of being woken up by a loud noise is known as "exploding head syndrome". Im not joking look it up. Its a parasomnia

Other parasomnias u may experience are; sleep walking and/or talking, sleep terrors, sleep eating, sleep hallucinations (from personal experience, frightening), sleep paralysis (never had it but sounds even more terrifying).

Despite science being able to identify such phenomenon they are still perplexed as to how and why this happens and don't know how to treat people that suffer from frequent episodes of it.

What exactly do u mean when u say "in tongues"? Was it another language that u didn't know?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phenomenon of being woken up by a loud noise is known as "exploding head syndrome". Im not joking look it up. Its a parasomnia

Other parasomnias u may experience are; sleep walking and/or talking, sleep terrors, sleep eating, sleep hallucinations (from personal experience, frightening), sleep paralysis (never had it but sounds even more terrifying).

Despite science being able to identify such phenomenon they are still perplexed as to how and why this happens and don't know how to treat people that suffer from frequent episodes of it.

What exactly do u mean when u say "in tongues"? Was it another language that u didn't know?
I've had the sleep paralysis, and your right it sucks. Seems like every time I experience it im face down in the pillow, makes it even worse.