Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since God knows all things, and nothing occurs outside of God knowing, then just as Job said to YHWH "no purpose of Yours can be thwarted" (Job 42:2).

God does not depend on man as you portray, for thus it is written:
  • "All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And [among] the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, 'What have You done?'" (Daniel 4:35)
  • "Stop regarding man, whose breath is in his nostrils; For why should he be esteemed?" (Isaiah 2:22)
"Believe in Jesus" is not controlled by man.

The whole package of "believe in Jesus" in persons is exclusively controlled by God for the Word of God says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (Jesus Christ, John 6:29).

Taken, your very first bullet point has been shown in scripture to be deception.

Your first bullet point is just things you conjure in your mind without regard for the glory of the Author of salvation.

Do you know scripture to support your second bullet point?

Man does not direct oneself to believe in Jesus because such a concept is denies the Power of God Who says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (Jesus Christ, John 6:29).

The whole, complete, done package of "that you believe in Him whom He has sent" is limited to being "the work of God" per Christ (John 6:29).

Your use of "choose" toward Christ is antichrist because Christ says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation)

Your third bullet point is just things you conjure in your mind regaling against for the glory of the Author of salvation.

You disagree with the Word of God for I quote the Word of God.

Look at how your section is devoid of scripture, so your thoughts/works of trying to tell God what to do are evident, and your works will fail.

Look at you, God could "miss the mark" on people hearing the Word. You are being pompous to claim God could sin like that!

The Word of God successfully opens ears to hear the Word of God (Mark 7:32-37), and the Word of God causes understanding of the heard Word of God (Acts 11:18).

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) says Lord Jesus.

'God acknowledges, mankind WHO Freely Chooses / "elects" Him' wrote Taken.

Look at that, Taken declared the opposite of Lord Jesus.

Peter wrote of God's "calling and choosing you" which is not man choosing God when Peter wrote "Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble" (2 Peter 1:10).

Paul wrote of God's "choice of you" which is not man choosing God when Paul wrote "knowing, brethren beloved by God, [His] choice of you" (1 Thessalonians 1:4).

Neither of those passages indicates that man chooses God, so you are trying to pit Paul against Jesus as well as you try to pit Peter against Jesus. Peter and Paul anad Jesus strictly declare that God chooses people.

There is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God, did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

Adam could not choose God by obeying the command of God recorded in Genesis 2:16-17 because Adam was flesh and the flesh opposes God (Galatians 5:17).

What a concocted twisted mess.

* Mankind is naturally born AGAINST God.
Pss 51:
5: Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

* Gods Works, IS God revealing to mankind...
Gods Word, Gods Truth, Gods Order, Gods Way, Gods Life.
**Order:
Col 1:
17: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
** Way, Truth, Life
John 14:
6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

God IS all knowing. God KNOWS before a man is naturally born, what a man will Freely Choose and Do.
Man is NOT all knowing. Man is born in sin Against God. Man "can Choose" to Hear, Learn, Discover, ABOUT God "revealing" Works, of Who He is, What He Offers to men..."Or NOT."
Mans FREEWILL ^^^ Hear or Not.
Mans FREEWILL ^^^ Believe or Not.
Mans FReEWILL ^^^ Commit or Not.

* Not a big secret...God already KNOWS what a man WILL CHOOSE.
* Not a big secret...Mans Decides to Hear, Believe, Reject, or Accept.
* Not a big secret...A man can not CHOOSE to Believe in "something" he does not FIRST have KNOWLEDGE there is a "something".
* Not a big secret...God is All Knowing...He makes the FIRST Choice.
* Not a big secret...God Chooses to CALL unto Him, Men "God KNOWS", WILL ALSO FREELY CHOOSE "HIM"!!!

If YOU have ever participated in Voting for "anything" / "anyone", you SHOULD be Keen enough to KNOW....YOU are "CHOOSING", making an "ELECTION", "Voting FOR", Expressing "your FREEWILL".

You SHOULD study the Scriptures that actually TEACH what is being discussed.

* God IS FIRST, Before ALL things.
* God Reveals His WORKS to mankind.
....(open your eyes, your ears, Look, see, hear Gods Works)
* God Chooses FIRST, whom He WiLL, "HIS WILL" His Call.
* Man WHO sees, Man WHO hears... thereafter FREELY Chooses/Elects the Lord God....or NOT!

God IS JUST. God "CALLS" MANY.
(Mans "opportunity", to see and hear)
God IS JUST. God "CHOOSES" men WHO,
CHOOSE/Elect "HIM"!!

Matt 22:
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

HUMMMM....So HOW DO YOU KNOW, YOU ARE CHOSEN of God?

Can't say FOR YOU. But For me... I expressly KNOW, I am Chosen BY the Lord God...
BECAUSE;
I FREELY CHOSE, to Hear Gods WORKS, His Word, His Order, His Way, His Truth.
I FREELY CHOSE, to Believe What I heard of the Lord God.
I FREELY CHOSE, to "ELECT" Choose the Lord God, as MY God, MY Lord, MY Savior, My Forgiver, My Creator, MY Maker, MY Truth, My Life giver.

And guess what...He Acknowledged, And Accepted My express choice and commitment to Him, Once and Forever, according to His Own Faithfulness and Word of Promise.

1 Thes 1;
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

And guess what....
BECAUSE I have made Known to the Lord God, MY ELECTION OF the Lord God Almighty...

The Lord God Himself "INCLUDED" me (via His Grace, His Power, His Word) to MAKE me, "CHANGED"....MADE WHOLE...(before "MY" physical death).

The Lord God Himself "EXCLUDED" me (via His Grace, His Power, His Word) to MAKE me, Appointed TO suffer, the next (and last) great Tribulation and Wrath prophecy, that SHALL come upon the Earth.

1 Thes
5:
[
9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

I am, ALREADY DELIVERED FROM the WRATH TO COME.

1 Thes 1:
[10] And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Adam was instructed to NOT eat of a particular Tree. (ONE prohibition).
Temptation, (of something good to eat), over came Adam, and he FREELY Chose to Eat what was forbidden for him to Eat (to avoid a negative consequence).

Ta da....Adam exercised "his FREEWILL".
Ta da....Adam became "appointed to" bodily Death...THE CONSEQUENCE...for freely choosing to Eat of that forbidden tree.

Ta da...We all have free will to CHOOSE, what we Decide to Choose.
We are all warned of the "consequences" for our freewill choices.
No one escapes the "consequences".

Adams Choice to eat, DID NOT effect His Salvation. What it effected was, his physical body would die, and it did.
We clearly learn, Adam believed IN God, and Adams soul was Saved.

All mens physical body's SHALL Die...
But God provides all men, An Order, Way, means (to be MADE WHOLE)...for mankinds soul to be saved, their spirit reborn, and their body to become made changed into a glorious perfected body.

Glory to God,
Taken

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you, or Adam had no free will, you are not created in God's image.

Look, your post contains no Word of God support, so it's just your thoughts, and the Word of God says "'My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

It is written, "Behold, His servants, He does not trust; And against His angels He charges error" (Job 4:18)

God does not trust you because God does not even trust His servants, so your purported free will choice leaves you right where all people start.

All people start in the flesh, just like Adam. The original post shows this, and apart from the work of God (John 6:29) to save a person from the wrath of God for the glory of God, then the fleshly person opposing God faces a just punishment for sin against God - which includes the fleshly person rejecting exclusive dominion of "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having faith is available to all, since faith comes by hearing the word of God, per Romans 10:17.

The very serious problem with claiming Adam had no choice but to sin and fall, is that makes God the author of sin.

Hard core 5 point Calvinism has God decreeing Satan’s fall, then Adams fall - making sin and damnation 100% Gods will - so God decreed man would sin, decreed He would damn man for that sin, then decreed that the unlucky non-elect are predestined to go to hell for unbelief, even though He makes it impossible for them to believe.

Imagine a human father warning a son not to stick his finger in a light socket, then forcing him to do exactly that, and then punishing his son for disobedience!

Imagine God commanding Adam not to eat that fruit, then making him eat the fruit, then damning him to hell FOR eating the fruit.

Adam had freewill, or God is a sadistic maniac.

You wrote "Having faith is available to all, since faith comes by hearing the word of God, per Romans 10:17".

Paul wrote "So faith [comes] from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17).

Behold, Romans 10:17 is absent the concept that "faith is available to all" (your imposed thoughts) because Paul wrote of faith's dependence with "faith [comes] from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17, Paul's writing).

One must have ears opened by God in order to hear and understand the Word (Mark 7:32-37).

Lord Jesus, the Word, says "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants" (Matthew 11:25).

The "hearing" in Romans 10:17 depends on God, not man, but the Word of God!

Curtis, name two mere people that were not created by God. Even one.

Curtis, name two mere people who never sinned.

Curtis, compare your lists to your words of "makes God the author of sin".

Please, post your results, Curtis.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?
OP ^

YES.

God said;
Gen 2:
[17] ...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it...

Adam said;
Gen 3:[12] ...of the tree, and I did eat.

No force feeding, Nothing Keeping Adam from Eating...
Adam exercised his FREEWILL to eat what God said he should not eat.

Simple.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
We start from the beggining when Adam was giving the power to name the animals G-d gave him freewill to choose Genesis 2:20.
20 The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him.

Here G-d gives Adam gives him ability to think for himself and he decide the animals name.

There is difference from the freewill Hebrew people back in the days of Noah and Moses when the law was directed to G-d's people they had freewill to decide. Their decision is under the law because they did not know other religions or ways they were narrowminded but still the decision from good and evil existed. Did the errors of their fathers before them I mean the fall of Adam stopped them making decisions in their life. Israel did what they want based still of need of surviving. Killing, eating, proceating needs of humanity but no matter what the error of Adam did not take freewill from them.

Romans 7:19 **“**For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.”

Ezekiel 18:20 “The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.”

Psalm 110:2 "Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power; In holy array, from the womb of the dawn, Your youth are to You as the dew."

From the day pagans evolved into modern world and establish their own way. Even thou they seperated from their pagan worhsip Rome forced them to mix their deities and influence with christianism and robbed the followers of Christ of Jesus and they painted him white. Named the G-d of Israel to Zeus and change their panteon.

Hebrew law or mosaic law reminds people to obey but G-d has taken prophets to save and do the will of G-d in wars, missions, and choosing good and evil. They break the law in disobeying G-d, prophets like Jeremiah who chose G-d disobey tradition and his father and told Israel their errors and love for the temple forgotten the temple inside they are made of. Kick Jeremiah out of their circle rejected from society he continued, we have Elijah who many don't talk about but he change the words of G-d and sentence Jezabel but G-d only wanted to punish Jezabel but Elijah added her family as punishment. G-d was angry at Elijah but forgave him. Still G-d's plan was only Jezabel but he made an exception for Elijah and freewill existed and changed yes G-d allows it.

People can change their course in life but what is the promblem from today. Is how the Greek way of thinking of liberalism was popular in the time of Jesus.

James 2:12 "So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty."

2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

And Greeks influence the time of jesus that people like Luke wrote his book in the bible and later Catholic church not knowing fully Hebrew culture copied things from greeks and influence the bible. Remember they were not G-d's people but A country that stoled and wrote their intrepretation of G-d and took Jesus as an emblema that is not real.

Greek theology is freedom and rationalist thought, Hebrew people is Law and Relation with the one G-d. Greeks have influence the modernworld and gives them right, the western world copies Greek and Roman culture and their diffinity in their laws have given the modern topic freewill. So freewill clashes with freewill in the old times. That is why everything has to do with predestination, Calvanism go ahead and read see all our versions of choosing good and evil have consequences but still you decide your future.

There are 2 fields :indeterminism and determinism explain modern freewill and both give notion of control. Indeterminism means free acts are not determine in other words what you do with works does not foretold your future and the path you have chosen. Determinism says everything you do has already decided your future and you have no career. Nothing can change your destiny but G-d can.

Matthew 12:37 “For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

God's general sovereignty- says god is in charge of everything but doesn't control everything
God's specific sovereignty- says that He not only has ordained everything, but He also controls everything.

Proverbs 16:9 “The mind of the man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

Proverbs 3:5-6"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote "Having faith is available to all, since faith comes by hearing the word of God, per Romans 10:17".

Paul wrote "So faith [comes] from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17).

Behold, Romans 10:17 is absent the concept that "faith is available to all" (your imposed thoughts) because Paul wrote of faith's dependence with "faith [comes] from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17, Paul's writing).

One must have ears opened by God in order to hear and understand the Word (Mark 7:32-37).

Lord Jesus, the Word, says "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants" (Matthew 11:25).

The "hearing" in Romans 10:17 depends on God, not man, but the Word of God!

Curtis, name two mere people that were not created by God. Even one.

Curtis, name two mere people who never sinned.

Curtis, compare your lists to your words of "makes God the author of sin".

Please, post your results, Curtis.

1. Hearing the word of God is available to all, not just the few elect.

2. Jesus said when He was lifted up, He would draw ALL MEN to Himself

All who hear the word, believe and are drawn by Jesus.

Free will to reject faith and reject Jesus is why not all who hear the word and are drawn by Jesus are saved.

Stephen stated that the reason the elect nation of Israel, whom Jesus came for, rejected Him John 1:11, who Jesus yearned for them to come to Him, but they WOULD NOT, and who killed the prophets God sent to them, and killed Jesus, was because they RESISTED THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Act 7:51 “You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you.

Act 7:52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered,

Even Gods own elect were able to reject their Messiah - and even kill Him - because they were able to resist the Holy Spirit, without which no one can say, Jesus is Lord.

And that unequivocally proves we have freewill.

Naming two sinless people is beyond irrelevant, since it’s well known that because Adam sinned,, humanity has inherited a sin nature, so that all have sinned since then.

Reactions: grumix8

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you begin with an erronous statement, expect to arrive at an erronous conclusion.

Since my statement is based on the Word of God as quoted in the original post, then this results in an accurate statement.

Before using your own opening sentence to evaluate your post, here is the Apostle Paul's writing about "will" related to the Creation account.

Despite the Creation account in Genesis 1-3 being silent about man's "will", there exists Apostolic teaching on the matter of man's "will" with regard to the creation account.

Adam did not exercise willpower to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16-17) for Paul wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB); therefore, Adam did not make a choice, not a willing choice, to eat.

A "choice" by Adam is explicitly excluded by using scripture with scripture referencing, in fact, "the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, KJV), so Adam acted not willingly but rather acted subject to vanity in his eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

"Not willingly" indicates "not choice".

Some people may claim that Paul was referring to a timeframe exclusively after what they call "the fall" (after Adam ate of the tree [Genesis 3:6]), but the continuity of the passage of Romans 8:20-22 must be taken as a whole.

Paul left no room for disputing to the timeframe for which "not willingly" applies, for Paul also wrote "we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:22), and the phrase "until now" is the timeframe's most recent limiting factor which memes that all times prior to "now" are included, so "the whole creation" includes the moment after God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7) until Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6); therefore, we can be certain that Paul includes the timeframe that Adam ate of the tree in the travailing/groaning because Paul wrote of all of this in the same passage, i.e. Romans 8:20-22.

Paul includes the "not willingly" (Romans 8:20-22) to apply to the time that Adam ate of the tree (Genesis 3:6).

It is Scriptural, AND common sense;
Hearing of something, Seeing something, Wanting something, Receiving something...
ARE the INITIAL factors ...
THE FREEWILL FACTOR ... IS THE WILL OF THE PERSON TO FREELY (decide, choose, elect), to TAKE .... PERIOD.

* Noone FORCED the woman to TAKE.
Of her own freewill, she TOOK.
* Noone FORCED the woman to EAT. Of her own freewill, she ATE.

* Noone FORCED her husband (the man), to TAKE. Of his own will, He TOOK.
* Noone FORCED her husband (the man), to
EAT. Of his own freewill, He ATE.

Gen 3:
[6] And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

It's a foreshadow lesson;

Jesus' OFFERS His Blood for the forgiveness of sins... Men are NOT FORCED to TAKE His Offering. By a mans own FREEWILL, the man may TAKE Jesus' Offering (or freely choose to NOT Take His Offering.)
Matt 26:
[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus' OFFERS "His" Body for required DEATH and Sanctification of a man, (BEFORE Gods SEED can be given).
Men are NOT FORCED to TAKE His Offering.
By a mans own FREEWILL, the man may TAKE Jesus' Offering (or freely choose to NOT Take His Offering).
Heb 10;
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Accepting Jesus' Offering, is a mans "Freewill" OPTION "TO TAKE" His Offering or NOT TAKE His Offering.

Glory to God,
Taken

You wrote "It is Scriptural", but you quote a single verse, Genesis 3:6, as support for free will, yet Genesis 3:6 is devoid of free will.

You convey man's "common sense" must add free will into Genesis 3:6, so that is you adding to scripture.

Look at all the occurrences of "offer" as in "Jesus offers Himself to men for men to choose Him to obtain salvation" in your post.

Look at the two verses you present as support for your form of "offer":
  • Matthew 26:28 - "offer" is not there, yet "shed" is there. This means Jesus shed His precious Blood "for many", not "to many", but His Blood shed for man's redemption. This "shed", He finished (John 19:30), so nothing more for man to do, not even choose Him because He set the name of every soul to be saved from the foundation of the world.
  • Hebrews 10:10 - the word offer is there, but it is not your form of "offer". The offering herein is Jesus' Body sacrifice on the cross to God, not to man, but to God, see a little further in the same passage which drives this point home with "He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time" (Hebrews 10:12).

You have the "offer" to man; on the other hand, scripture has the offer to God.

You have the offering flat out backward from scripture, in like manner that this post shows you have the "choosing" direction flat out backward from scripture.

Absolutely, man is incapable of choosing Jesus unto salvation for the Lord says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Adam could not choose God for "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17), just as the original post conveys.

Your opening sentence is self-reflective.

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:13-15 (KJV)
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

If you had done research from the original post, then you'd be aware that the "lust" aspect was covered with "Scripture records man's 'lust' with 'When the woman saw that the tree was good for food,
and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make [one] wise' (Genesis 3:6, the first portion)".

There is no doubt, Adam was not imparted with free will just as the Word of God reveals from the original post.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in your system I can only do that if God caused it, so you should thank God that he caused me to believe as I do ...

You are off topic by being glued to yourself and purportedly your purchase of salvation by choosing Jesus.

There is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God, did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

In like manner, Adam could not choose God for "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17), just as the original post conveys.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had done research from the original post, then you'd be aware that the "lust" aspect was covered with "Scripture records man's 'lust' with 'When the woman saw that the tree was good for food,
and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make [one] wise' (Genesis 3:6, the first portion)".

There is no doubt, Adam was not imparted with free will just as the Word of God reveals from the original post.
You've gathered your own interpretation that you've failed to actually prove scripturally.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

There's the choice.

You claim "must not" = "choice", yet "must not" = "command not", so "must not" does not equal "choice". You highlighted "must not".

You have abysmal linguistic ability.

Choice is not in Genesis 2:16-17.

"When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it."

Eve caused the first sin by her actions. That's what we are told.

Correct, action, but there is more, which is "not choices".

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

But Kermos thinks God caused Eve to sin, against what God himself says.

I believe the Word of God and I thank God for the thinking He grants me. You do not know the mind of Christ that God fills my thoughts.

Let's look at what the Apostle Paul had to write.

Despite the Creation account in Genesis 1-3 being silent about man's "will", there exists Apostolic teaching on the matter of man's "will" with regard to the creation account.

Adam did not exercise willpower to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16-17) for Paul wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB); therefore, Adam did not make a choice, not a willing choice, to eat.

A "choice" by Adam is explicitly excluded by using scripture with scripture referencing, in fact, "the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, KJV), so Adam acted not willingly but rather acted subject to vanity in his eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

"Not willingly" indicates "not choice".

Some people may claim that Paul was referring to a timeframe exclusively after what they call "the fall" (after Adam ate of the tree [Genesis 3:6]), but the continuity of the passage of Romans 8:20-22must be taken as a whole.

Paul left no room for disputing to the timeframe for which "not willingly" applies, for Paul also wrote "we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:22), and the phrase "until now" is the timeframe's most recent limiting factor which memes that all times prior to "now" are included, so "the whole creation" includes the moment after God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7) until Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6); therefore, we can be certain that Paul includes the timeframe that Adam ate of the tree in the travailing/groaning because Paul wrote of all of this in the same passage, i.e. Romans 8:20-22.

Paul includes the "not willingly" (Romans 8:20-22) to apply to the time that Adam ate of the tree (Genesis 3:6).

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

You highlighted text in Genesis 3:17.

God said "Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree" (Genesis 3:17).

Notice God did NOT say "Because you listened to your wife and chose to eat fruit from the tree".

Last edited:

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
We have freewill God lets us decide to do good or bad and our purpose in life is when we make that decision. it's easy to not know that purpose because we are different. But freewill God gives it but he also gives us the law and the law is not wrong and niether is freewill just soceity itself is wrong and we have forgotten what is the normal back in those days. Society mistakes and thinks G-d is against freewill but gave freewill the right to choose and they have invented freewill is voting, paying taxes, and civics duties. No people those things are the mistake modern society makes because they think they have evolved in such A way they surpass all of Israel back in those day but truth G-d is fair and gave us all. We have lost what is important love because human society is wrong and it's foundation is false and invented by masons.

G-d created it all the rocks, the atmosphere, everything has been giving and from all that we have built buildings and empires everything we have built has come from him modern world is our work and act but we do not acknowledge them we take the glory and everything for we are sinful. The concept of government we have created but we emulated it from G-d and his kingdom the order G-d has it first, the structure he establish since the dawn of the universe. We have created rights but we cannot use our rights agaisnt G-d and say he has violated them or civic manner say our freedom and establishment of our democracy hits against G-d and his kingdom. For he has the kingdom and the law. The law of his word and we do not have that for G-d gave us words but we are babylon the law is only his. Nor it belongs to hebrew people, eunuchs, or angels it only belongs to him to judge.

Our own system is flaw because we copy from each empire that has been establish Babylon, Rome, Greece, Britian, and Nazi Germany. Each has given its concept of right and law and all have copied each other and failed. Because again bible has establish that G-d and his system works and we with our notion of democracy and rights have copied on Rome and Babylon and they are wrong. The most important things that because we have technology which has help us after world war 2 we think we have surpass it all and enter the digitla world and we circumvalent our promblems of family, corruption, and normal things we had before the 1950's and think we are gods. And we want to be eternal and to be like powerful like G-d because it is what we have always been thinking because all of it is copy. When we are original and have the right system like he does everything works but our government and system does not because we are with flaws and our own boundaries aren't the solutions they are A reminder that we will never have A perfect system thus our rights and belief in them cannot be the truth. The freewill is revealed that there is A difference from freewill with G-d on accepting the right and wrong and succeeding in that way and from freewill from our modern concept which has failed and clashes with G-d's law which is right and truth and unless we do not use our rights against G-d freewill is that what we make only A lie and it existence false.

Freewill from that point of view is that of society and since society has masonry in it and all foundations of masonery is babylon and Dagon it compells people to make G-d like unfair despotism but you cannot apply that to G-d for he is G-d and he is God of Gods those words are just feeble people who make laws copying the old empires and fallacy arrives in it's policy. There is A way government can follow G-d's politics but that will be another day. But people and society will always collapse confronting and using thier rights and saying there is no freewill when you have to one understand things from G-d's point of view understand what serveth the law, how the law is completed thru love and how faith as A tool helps you make A better realtionship with G-d. When you find the truth and love in his way that G-d establish thru Jesus Christ you understand A secret way which freewill co-exist with G-d and love is what that bound unites it and makes freewill work but not under modern society but thru G-d mosaic law and know that is true freewill has been given to you but from the stance of modern world and republics establish go into error. I will explain more but have did A lot.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since my statement is based on the Word of God as quoted in the original post, then this results in an accurate statement.

Your OP and QUESTION;

Was Adam imparted free will from the beginning of creation?

Your ANSWER;

Your REASONING / Your UNDERSTANDING.

* Paul's statement is CORRECT.
* Nothing whatsoever which God Created... was Created by the WILLINGNESS, of the CREATED thing!
** The Earth, Heaven, Moon, Stars, Day, Night, Waters, Seeds, Plants, Trees, Animals, Mankind...

DID NOT SAY...Hey God...CREATE ME!

All of Gods Creation was Created expressly by 'Gods WILL."
NOTHING...of Gods Creation had a SAY in Being Created.
His Plan, His Idea, via His Word to Speak (Word) and His Power (Spirit) to Effect His WILL BECOME materialized in a "physical visual material Form".

Adam was "created" without his WILL, outside of the Garden.
Adam was "given" a gift from God, OF SOUL LIFE, (outside of the Garden.)
Every drop of Adam's created BLOOD, began functioning, without Adam's WILL.
Every Organ, in Adam's created BODY, AND (ears hearing, eyes seeing, nose smelling, taste, feeling, ) began functioning, without Adam's WILL.
* Adam was fully Created and Made Living, and THEN (without his WILL), PUT IN the Garden.

THAT was mans Creation and Making, as Paul taught...WITHOUT the WILL of man.

Once IN the Garden, Created and Made Living Adam, God SPOKE TO Adam's "Hearing Ears", ONE prohibition...
Absolutely had his OWN FREEWILL...to Consider and Obey Gods ONE prohibition OR
NOT!

Clearly the Evidence reveals, Adam's exercise of his own Freewill, Adam CHOSE, to NOT obey Gods ONE prohibition.

* You are trying to MESH, Gods "creation and making" a man living, (who CAN NOT make choices)
....with after the Fact a man....
"IS Created and IS Made Living", (and the man CAN make choices).
* Those are two separate things.

Glory to God,
Taken

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
We have to see things thru G-d eyes and his way and his judgement is higher our concept whenever he creates beings like the angels like the devil who rised agaisnt him and they cannot disobey but still man who does not know but is given one thing good since he was created and G-d put love and people still don't understand love is a law. And it transcends thru that time till here and Jesus says it the love he has for us to be created . G-d put the law in our heart before the law of moses. That explains we have choice and we have law being implanted since creation but not the fall when men eat from the tree and understood good and evil.

More evidence gives us he gave the distinction of recognizing he love from our times as law. Law that is giving to do good in the world.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat
(Genesis 2:16)​

oh look, free will

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God

(Romans 8:20-21)​

this is speaking of this:

Cursed is the ground for your sake
(Genesis 3:17)​

and of this:

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed;
He shall crush your head, and you shall bruise His heel

(Genesis 3:15)​

Adam was not deceived. 1 Timothy 2:14. any view any of you has that makes Adam deceived at any time, is flatly a wrong view, directly contradicting explicit scripture. Satan doesn't deceive him; his wife doesn't deceive him; he doesn't deceive himself. God certainly does not deceive him!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was "created" without his WILL, outside of the Garden.
Adam was "given" a gift from God, OF SOUL LIFE, (outside of the Garden.)
Every drop of Adam's created BLOOD, began functioning, without Adam's WILL.
Every Organ, in Adam's created BODY, AND (ears hearing, eyes seeing, nose smelling, taste, feeling, ) began functioning, without Adam's WILL.
* Adam was fully Created and Made Living, and THEN (without his WILL), PUT IN the Garden.

you do not have to be in opposition to God's will in order for your will to be free ((unless you think in the resurrection we will rebel against God? why will we not? because God will strip us of our will in the completion of our redemption, or because we will be free, and being free, share His will?))

that's essentially the lie that Satan told Woman - that she wasn't truly free unless she rejected her Creator. but she was free even while her free will was aligned with God's will. just because there is no record of Adam rebelling against God's placing him in the garden doesn't mean Adam had no will of his own.

how much time do you think passes between the creation of Adam's wife and the fall? you think it's day 1? how much time passes between Adam beginning work in the garden and the creation of his wife? you think he named every single individual animal in 6 hours? do you figure this is all in one day; immediately on entering the garden he chooses sin?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? The Bible does not say that sinners cannot respond to the Gospel. But the false gospel of Calvinism says that. So did you read what I actually said?

The only way a person can come to Christ (respond to the Gospel) is by the Power of God for He says "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21).

The Christ of we Christians says there is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God, did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

You, like Adam who was incapable of choosing God in obedience, are in the flesh, and "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17).

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam who was incapable of choosing God in obedience,

???

why did Adam and his wife not eat from the tree of life?
why did they spend the intervening time ((how much time?)) making fig-tunics instead?
why did he change her name from "taken-from-man" to "mother-of-all-the-living" when her death-judgement was pronounced?
why does God say Adam ((not Eve)) has become like one of ((The)) Us?

because he's incapable of believing God?

why are neither the man nor the woman cursed, but only the ground for his sake and the Serpent?