Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom did Jesus say “you did not choose Me, but I chose you"? He said them to the 12 disciples, though not for Judas Iscariot. (John 13)

Tong
R4067

Lord Jesus commands us His chosen believers to go and teach and proclaim

The Apostle Matthew recorded the command of Jesus Christ, the Word of God (John 1:14), for all His sheep (John 10:27-30) with His words of "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, immersing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:19-20) and Mark recorded "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to all creation" (Mark 16:15). This teaching, this proclamation includes the exclusive role of God choosing man not man choosing God (John 15:16, John 15:19) for these words are a statement of the sovereignty of God according to Jesus Christ, Lord and God (John 20:28).

One of the teachings, one of the commands of Jesus is for we sheep of His to be entirely dependent on Jesus alone for salvation! We are to go and teach and proclaim this Truth (John 14:6).

Since Jesus says "lo, I am with you always" (Matthew 28:20) in conjunction with His words of "go" (Matthew 28:19) and "proclaim" (Mark 16:15) and "immersing" (Matthew 28:19 - "baptizing") and "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth" (Matthew 28:18), then Jesus is the authoritatively sovereign One Who causes we believers to be at locations where He causes wickedly dead persons to live (John 3:3-8) and repent (Matthew 11:25) and believe in Him (John 6:29) thus causing persons to be saved from the wrath of God (John 10:27-29); furthermore, mere man causes NONE of it (John 15:16, Philippians 2:13).

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time.

IN YOUR HEART, YOU STEAL THE AUTHORITY IN YOUR CLAIM TO CAUSE YOUR OWN BEING SAVED FROM THE WRATH OF GOD BY YOUR CHOOSING JESUS BECAUSE WITHOUT CHOOSING JESUS THERE IS NO BEING SAVED FOR YOU FREE-WILLIANS (2 PETER 2:9-10).

Related post 1: more disciples present at supper

Related post 2: Free-willian's Claim To Superiority Over The Apostles

Related post 3: The Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Is Exclusively Chosen By Jesus (John 15:16)

Related post 4: Lord Jesus says "what I say to you I say to all" believers in Jesus Mark 13:37)

Related post 5: Lord Jesus Prophesies And Declares The Holy Spirit Indwelling Believers In Jesus Thus "You" In John 14-17 Includes All Believers In Jesus In All Time

Related post 6: Lord Jesus' prayer for us believers

Related post 7: Lord Jesus indicates during the supper that more than the 12 apostles were at the supper

Related post 8: John's writings for we believers in all time

Related post 9: Christ binds Christians with communion is by Christ in Christ for Christ

Related post 10: God the Grantor And God the Concealer And God the Revealer

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam "not willingly" ate of the tree since Paul included all time prior to Paul's birth by his writing "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

"YHWH is righteous in all his ways and holy in all his works" (Psalm 145:17)

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will neither.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Hi n2thelight,

As this post in this thread shows, Paul compared and contrasted Adam to Jesus, and the flesh man precedes the spiritual man for every person. Basically, Paul conveys that mankind has a will that is either a slave of sin or a slave of righteousness. A slave is not free.

May God bless the time that you study!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam "not willingly" subjected creation to futility by eating of the tree forbiddenl for eating since Paul included all time prior to Paul's birth by his writing "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will neither.

Thanks ,

I'm looking at it from a 3 world ages prospective , meaning some were chosen before being born of flesh ,that's why I referenced Paul

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wickedly call the Word of God fluff.

The Word of God says "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17).

GOD LITERALLY STATES THE CAUSE FOR ADAM EATING OF THE TREE FORBIDDEN AS FOOD WAS THAT ADAM LISTENED TO THE VOICE OF HIS WIFE (GENESIS 3:17).

In your heart you assign the cause for Adam eating of the tree forbidden as food was that Adam chose to eat.

You recite the precepts of men which leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:18).

No scripture states that Adam had the free will ability to choose to eat of the tree forbidden as food.

No scripture states that Adam was compelled to eat of the tree forbidden as food.

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam "not willingly" subjected creation to futility by eating of the tree forbiddenl for eating since Paul included all time prior to Paul's birth by his writing "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

So was Adam compelled to eat or not? If He had free will He had the choice to eat or not. If He did not have free will then He was compelled to eat at the sound of Eves voice.

You can try to muddy this simple fact with all your obfuscation, but this is what it boils down to. either Adam chose to eat freely or he had to eat and had no choice.

Just simply answer this, without all the verbal methane.

there is no Scripture that allows you to walk 40 miles in 2 days, so do you refuse to do so because there is no Scripture allowing you ?

So how do yu define free will? Maybe you define it differently than most of us do.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing new but a seeming endless assertion repetition of past posts.

Already addressed. I will refrain from repeating what I posted that addressed this.

Tong
R4146

You call the Apostle Peter a liar. You never scripturally addressed the fact that you convey that Peter is a liar.

The following shows that when Jesus says "you" (plural) during the supper recorded in John chapters 14 to 17, then His use of "you" includes more than the the 11 apostles (Judas Iscariot left already).

The Apostle Peter said "Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection." (Acts 1:21-22)

And the passage continues with "So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias." (Acts 1:23)

Jesus' disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is all the time they were with Jesus as described here:

In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two more people beyond the twelve who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17.

Matthias and Joseph were also present when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, includes righteously obeying God) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), so Jesus also spoke these glorious words to Matthias and Joseph.

Lord Jesus used the phrase "the twelve" to distinguish the 12 apostles from the larger group of disciples present in the supper room (as this scripturally rich post shows).

Lord Jesus says "what I say to you I say to all" about His sheep to Peter, Andrew, James, and John (Mark 13:37).

Therefore, your heart deceives when you wrote "Nope. Matthias nor Joseph were chosen by Jesus" about when Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) because Matthias and Joseph were in the supper room with Jesus speaking to them.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One would think so... But can we think?

As this post in this thread shows, the Word of God declares that Adam listened to the voice of his wife as the CAUSE for Adam to eat of the tree (Genesis 3:17), and Paul conveyed that Adam did not willingly eat of the tree subjecting the creation to futility (Romans 8:20-22).

Oh look, Backlit is back unlit with "the word of Backlit" that has NO scriptural support for a God given ability for man's freewill choice toward God.

@Enoch111 this applies to you since you liked Backlit's post.

You two claim the CAUSE of Adam's eating of the tree was freewill.

Respecting the CAUSE, your heart's treasure conveys the Word of God is a liar.

Your heart calls the Apostle Paul a liar when you claim Adam's "will" was involved with his eating of the tree.

You two spout off the precepts of men that lead to worship in vain (Matthew 15:18).

You preached your prideful false claim that you could choose Jesus in your freewill earlier in this thread.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a great god you believe in. He gives commands you can't obey, he condemns you to hell for disobeying, and calls it justice.
Then if you want to obey you can't because the god you believe in says he doesn't want you to obey, he only wants your neighbor to obey. Your neighbor wants you to be saved so shares the gospel with you that you think is great, but the neighbor on the other side says waste of time because god doesn't want you to believe because the numbers for glory have already been made up and you're not one of them. Why? Well, because god hates you of course. Why does he hate you? Because you can't obey his commands. Mmmm. Great god you serve. Not.

You are thoroughly confused.

The Apostle Paul compared and contrasted Adam to Jesus, so Paul presents similarities and differences of Adam and Jesus.

THE APOSTLE PAUL PORTRAYS ADAM AS A "TYPE" OF JESUS

Paul wrote "death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come" (Romans 5:14).

So, according to Paul, Adam is "a type of Him" with Him being Jesus.

Paul explained "type" with "one man" referring to Adam "just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned" (Romans 5:12).

So, according to Paul, "sin entered into the world and death through sin" through Adam.

And, that death through sin is not Adam loving God.

And, that death through sin is not what Jesus does.

Paul explained "type" with "One" referring to Jesus bringing life through His sacrifice for persons "who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17).

See, Adam and death.

See, Jesus and life.

Paul compared "type" both Adam and Jesus as contributors of something to the world.

Paul contrasted "type" that Adam brought death yet Jesus brings life.

Paul compared and contrasted Adam and Jesus using "type" with "through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life" (Romans 5:18).

Paul's writing does not convey that Adam loved God.

PAUL PORTRAYS JESUS AS "THE LAST ADAM".

Paul wrote "thus it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living soul'; the last Adam into a life-giving spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45).

Paul does another compare and contrast.

Behold the next verse "the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual" (1 Corinthians 15:46).

So according to Paul the first man is the natural man, earthy and flesh (1 Corinthians 15:39).

And Paul wrote "a natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised" (1 Corinthians 2:14).

See, Adam and flesh (natural man).

See, Jesus and spiritual.

Paul ascribing Jesus as "the last Adam" does not make out Jesus to be the Adam of the creation account in Genesis 1-3 nor does it make the Adam of the creation account in Genesis 1-3 to be Jesus.

Rather Paul is making a contradistinction between Adam and Jesus.

Paul conveys that because of the first man Adam all people are flesh as the default state for all mankind, yet the last Adam, Jesus, breaks the bonds of the flesh of man for Jesus is heavenly and spiritual.

As the last Adam sets persons of His choosing free from bondage, then these are no longer in the first man Adam, and here is the crux of that which Paul conveyed in the passage of 1 Corinthians 15:42-49.

THE FLESH MAN PRECEDES THE SPIRITUAL MAN

Every person starts out life as a slave to sin (Romans 6:20), so as a slave to sin a person has no means to change from being a slave to sin on their own (1 Corinthians 2:14).

A slave of sin is purchased solely by the Christ to be converted solely by Christ into a slave of Righteousness (Romans 6:18), and Christ is the Righteous Branch (Jeremiah 23 5).

Free will does not exist according to this Truth, that is Christ (John 14:6).

People do have a will; however, a person's will is subject to being a slave of sin, or a person's will is subject to being a slave of righteousness; moreover, a slave is not free, so a slave's will is bound to the slave's master; therefore, a slave has a bond-will.

Here is the above stated another way.

The first state of affairs for all man is to be a natural man for it is written of Adam "just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned" (Romans 5:12), and "a natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised" (1 Corinthians 2:14).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was that the salvation of God is not of man nor salvation is by man nor about his free will.

Tong
R4156

You have been expending a tremendous amount of work energy preaching that man has a free-will to choose God in this thread, that is, you promote free-willian philosophy, so your post makes you sound like a clanging cimbal.

Part of free-willian philosophy, which you conveyed in this thread, is that people have the ability to choose Jesus in defiance of the Lord's words "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16).

Furthermore, according to free-willian philosophy, human salvation is contingent upon a person choosing Jesus unto being saved from the wrath of God because for persons there is no being saved from the wrath of God without such a person's choice toward Jesus.

Now back to your incomplete statement to which I appended clarification which makes your statement complete according to free-willian philosophy.

"The matter of God’s salvation of fallen man is something that belongs only to God" (your words) except being saved from the wrath of God for the fallen man cannot happen unless the fallen man chooses God according to free-willian philosophy.

Since you claim man chooses Jesus, then in your heart you call Jesus a deceiver because Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Critical thinking seems to have vanished altogether. But the Bible urges Christians to be wise.

"CRITICAL THINKING" = "PRECEPTS OF MEN"

According to the treasure of your heart (Matthew 15:18), you teach that the Word of God is not enough without your "Critical thinking", your thoughts. Your type of thinking is just like the people during Jeremiah's time (Jeremiah 5:30-31, Jeremiah 23:1-2, Jeremiah 50:6).

Your "Critical thinking" is "the precepts of men" which leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

TRULY WISE

In contrast, we Christian's Wisdom is Christ Himself, not our own autonomously generated thoughts, but truly Christ is the Wisdom of God in us Christians (1 Corinthians 1:24).

THE PURE WORD

The Word of God is pure and wonderful in the Way of salvation (1 Peter 2:2).

We Christian's love, respect, honor, and proclaim the pure Word of God, and we do this by the very Power of God (1 Corinthians 1:24).

Purity is unpolluted. A thing that is pure contains zero contaminants, no poison.

Your "Critical thinking", your thoughts, pollute the Word of God such that it is no longer the Word of God but rather it is "the word of man", "the precepts of men" which leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

HOLY GOD'S RIGHTEOUS THOUGHTS CONTRASTED BY MAN'S FALLABLE THOUGHTS

A word about your "Critical thinking", your thoughts. It is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares YHWH. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Enoch111, your "Critical thinking", your thoughts are your own autonomously generated thoughts - that is you rule by your own authority in your thoughts (Jeremiah 5:31), not Christ's exclusive authority (Matthew 28:18), but your fleshy authority.

HUMAN PRIDE

"Pride [goes] before destruction, and a haughty spirit before stumbling" (Proverbs 16:18).

The Word of God says there is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God (John 20:28), did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

In pride, your heart claims to choose Jesus thus you directly reject Jesus because Jesus self-declares His exclusive sovereignty in man's salvation. That is, Jesus says "I AM", but you say "Jesus, you are not, rather I am" with respect to salvation for yourself.

A broken and a contrite heart (Psalm 51:17) prays, Lord, "let not the foot of pride come upon me" (Psalm 36:11).

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is just a FANTASY you have created for yourself. Neither the Bible nor ordinary observation supports this nonsense.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many things you say there. But the very simple question to you, and that you could answer by a simple yes or no is as follows:

Was Adam created a slave or a freeman?

Tong
R4157

Your question is meritless because the Apostle Paul conveys that Adam ate not willingly of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil subjecting the whole creation to futility (Romans 8:20-22).

Therefore, a kind of "will", if any, that Adam was created with is irrelevant to Adam eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Not only that, your question was scrupulously covered earlier in this thread.

The Word of God LITERALLY attributes the CAUSE of Adam's eating of the tree forbidden as food to the fact that Adam listened to the voice of his wife (Genesis 3:17), and there is no mention of "will" therein; on the other hand, no scripture indicates that a "will" for Adam was involved with Adam eating of the tree forbidden as food; therefore, your heart's treasure for the CAUSE to be Adam's "will" for eating of the tree is a precept of man leading to worship in vain (Matthew 15:18).

The bottom line is Adam did not use free will choice toward God, and no man can choose toward God for the Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, includes righteously obeying God) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all of God's chosen persons in all time.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That we stop thinking? According to many on these forums, the fact that so many do not think critically any more, must be God's will.

"THINK CRITICALLY" = "PRECEPTS OF MEN"

According to the treasure of your heart (Matthew 15:18), you teach that the Word of God is not enough without your "think critically", your thoughts. Your type of thinking is just like the people during Jeremiah's time (Jeremiah 5:30-31, Jeremiah 23:1-2, Jeremiah 50:6).

Your "think critically" is "the precepts of men" which leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

TRULY WISE

In contrast, we Christian's Wisdom is Christ Himself, not our own autonomously generated thoughts, but truly Christ is the Wisdom of God in us Christian's thoughts (1 Corinthians 1:24).

THE PURE WORD

The Word of God is pure and wonderful in the Way of salvation (1 Peter 2:2).

We Christian's love, respect, honor, and proclaim the pure Word of God, and we do this by the very Power of God (1 Corinthians 1:24).

Purity is unpolluted. A thing that is pure contains zero contaminants, no poison.

Your "think critically", your thoughts, pollute the Word of God such that it is no longer the Word of God but rather it is "the word of man", "the precepts of men" which leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

HOLY GOD'S RIGHTEOUS THOUGHTS CONTRASTED BY MAN'S FALLABLE THOUGHTS

A word about your "think critically", your thoughts. It is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares YHWH. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Backlit, your "think critically", your thoughts are your own autonomously generated thoughts - that is you rule by your own authority in your thoughts (Jeremiah 5:31), not Christ's exclusive authority (Matthew 28:18), but your fleshy authority.

HUMAN PRIDE

"Pride [goes] before destruction, and a haughty spirit before stumbling" (Proverbs 16:18).

The Word of God says there is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God (John 20:28), did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

In pride, your heart claims to choose Jesus thus you directly reject Jesus because Jesus self-declares His exclusive sovereignty in man's salvation. That is, Jesus says "I AM", but you say "Jesus, you are not, rather I am" with respect to salvation for yourself.

A broken and a contrite heart (Psalm 51:17) prays, Lord, "let not the foot of pride come upon me" (Psalm 36:11).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that, with regards the truth written in scriptures, critical thinking is something that God wants for us to do or that we should be doing?

With regards the subject of this thread, that is, concerning the issue of whether man was created with or without free will, do you think it needs critical thinking to settle this? Or it only needs having the sense common to man to settle this?

Tong
R4161

There is little to no difference between "critical thinking" and "sense common to man" because regarding Adam both are representative of man's thoughts infused into the Word of God.

Mary sat at the Christ's feet LISTENING to the Word, she was not DICTATING to Jesus the Lord, rather she humbly listened (Luke 10:39).

The Apostle Peter wrote "long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation" (1 Peter 2:2).

You @Tong2020, just like @Backlit, advocate for making "the pure milk of the word" into an impure concoction with your thoughts, the "sense common to man".

You dictate to God instead of listening to God.

Back at this post, you are shown explicitly and wickedly adding "willingly" into the Word of God.

I proclaimed the Word of God to you showing the CAUSE of Adam's eating does not include "willingly". God had me show you the CAUSE with "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17).

I further proclaimed to you the Apostle Paul conveyed that Adam did not willingly subject creation to futility by eating of the tree of the knowledge good and evil (Romans 8:20-22).

So, see that your "sense common to man" is you wickedly adding to the Word of God and you evilly subtracting from scripture.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
There is little to no difference between "critical thinking" and "sense common to man" because regarding Adam both are representative of man's thoughts infused into the Word of God.

Mary sat at the Christ's feet LISTENING to the Word, she was not DICTATING to Jesus the Lord, rather she humbly listened (Luke 10:39).

The Apostle Peter wrote "long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation" (1 Peter 2:2).

You @Tong2020, just like @Backlit, advocate for making "the pure milk of the word" into an impure concoction with your thoughts, the "sense common to man".

You dictate to God instead of listening to God.

Back at this post, you are shown explicitly and wickedly adding "willingly" into the Word of God.

I proclaimed the Word of God to you showing the CAUSE of Adam's eating does not include "willingly". God had me show you the CAUSE with "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17).

I further proclaimed to you the Apostle Paul conveyed that Adam did not willingly subject creation to futility by eating of the tree of the knowledge good and evil (Romans 8:20-22).

So, see that your "sense common to man" is you wickedly adding to the Word of God and you evilly subtracting from scripture.

I will listen to what scriptures proclaim rather than what you say you proclaim.

Just so you know and not waste your time on me.

I suggest you find somebody else to talk to and proclaim to.

Tong
R4272

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, let your thoughts be yours and not make it appear that they are mine or other’s thoughts. If not, you are good only to talking to yourself.

Tong
R4163

I portray the treasure of your heart accurately as revealed from your writings (Matthew 15:18).

Sin is missing the mark - a crime against God. All of this is in accord with Paul's writing in Romans 5:14.

Adam missed the mark, and you miss the mark such that based upon your writing you assert that a "will" for Adam which is a "will" in the likeness of God's "will" - a duplication of God's "will" which cannot oppose God - you assert that such a "will" for Adam could oppose God.

Yet Adam did sin has recorded in Genesis 3:6.

Therefore you wickedly ascribed ability to Adam that exceeds God's own ability.

Furthermore based upon your philosophy God does have the ability to oppose God - which by extension means that the promises of God are worthless. Such a philosophy is evil.

Your heart adds "Adam chose..." into the Word of God recorded in Genesis 1:1-31Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24.

Furthermore, your heart subtracts the Apostle Paul's writing that Adam did not willingly eat of the tree because Paul conveyed that nothing in creation willingly subjected anyting in creation to futility with Paul's writing of "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20).

You proclaim "the word of you". For you adulterate the Word of God with "choose" such that it is no longer the Word of God.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I denounce any and all ad hominem statements that could be found therein.

I denounce any and all false accusations that could be found therein.

I denounce any and all false teachings that could be found therein.

I denounce any and all misuse of scriptures that could be found therein.

The evidence of you adulterating the Word of God is in this post shows that you call the Apostle Paul a liar and further in the post your vehement distaste of Paul is shown and this post shows your heart confusedly subtracting the Apostle John's writing from the Apostle John's writing and
this post and this post shows that you call Jesus a deceiving spirit and this post shows you calling Joshua a liar and false prophet and this post shows @Tong2020 calling the Apostle Peter a liar and this post shows you admitting to your adherence to the precepts of men which leads to worship in vain

To the readers, beware. Plenty of scriptures cited does not necessarily mean to say that such a post is biblical and sound. In such cases, we will do well to do what the Bereans did in Acts 17 ~ search the Scriptures daily to find out whether what is being said in reference to cited scriptures were so.

All your denouncements are meritless because, as the following shows, your heart calls the Apostle Paul a liar.

Again, your writings reveal the treasure of your heart (Matthew 15:18), that is your self-will reviling of Majesty on High (2 Peter 2:9-10)

Your heart says "Adam" (Genesis 2:7) is not part of "the whole creation", and Paul wrote "the whole creation" in Romans 8:20-22.

Your heart says "tree" (Genesis 2:9) is not part of "the whole creation", and Paul wrote "the whole creation" in Romans 8:20-22.

Your heart says "ate" (Genesis 3:6) is not an event that occurred prior to "now", and Paul wrote "until now" in Romans 8:20-22.

Your heart says "not willingly" occurs without application to "the whole creation" and "until now", and Paul wrote "not willingly" and "the whole creation" and "until now" in Romans 8:20-22.

In "Adam ate not willingly of the tree", Paul covered "Adam" which is a person as part of "the whole creation" in Romans 8:20-22.

In "Adam ate not willingly of the tree", Paul covered "tree" which is a thing as part of "the whole creation" in Romans 8:20-22.

In "Adam ate not willingly of the tree", Paul covered "ate" which is an action in time of "until now" in Romans 8:20-22.

In "Adam ate not willingly of the tree", Paul covered "not willingly" in Romans 8:20-22.

Paul most certainly included "Adam ate not willingly of the tree" in Romans 8:20-22.

See that you call Paul a liar about "Adam" as part of "the whole creation" in Romans 8:20-22.

See that you call Paul a liar about "tree" as part of "the whole creation" in Romans 8:20-22.

See that you call Paul a liar about "ate" as occurring prior to "until now" in Romans 8:20-22.

See that you call Paul a liar about "not willingly" in Paul's application to "the whole creation" in Romans 8:20-22.

And, this, sir, is Romans 8:20-22 in context.

The Apostle Paul conveys that Adam ate not willingly of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil subjecting the whole creation to futility (Romans 8:20-22).

Therefore, the kind of "will" that Adam was created with, if any kind, is irrelevant to Adam eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Not only that, you are repeatedly asked a question that is scrupulously covered earlier in this thread.

There was God’s voice and there was Eve’s voice, concerning the eating and not eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Two voices. And we know whose voice Adam listened to. Adam listened to the voice of his wife rather than God, indicating that he believed his wife and did not believe God.

I am saying this, not to argue with you, but for the readers’ sake. For I find arguing with you a useless exercise.

Tong
R4166

According to the treasure of your heart, you wickedly add "he believed his wife" into the Word of God as recorded in Genesis 3:17, so you call the Word of God a lie.

Here is the true Word of God "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17).

Look, "believed" is not in Genesis 3:17.

Here is the treasure of your heart "Because you have believed to the voice of your wife" (the word of Tong2020).

You added to the Word of God!

You changed the CAUSE from Adam "listened to the voice of" his "wife" (Genesis 3:17) to Adam "believed to the voice of" his "wife" (the word of Tong2020).

Such evil subtracting and adding done by you, in effect you call God a liar and incapable of communicating truth without you.

It is written "Do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Liars are mentioned in relation to the new Jerusalem "nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sirach 15:11-20 refutes the whole thesis by itself, so does the Gospels, Torah, and rest of the Holy Scriptures:

"Say not: It is through God, that she is not with me: for do not thou the things that he hateth.
Say not: He hath caused me to err: for he hath no need of wicked men.
The Lord hateth all abomination of error, and they that fear him shall not love it.
God made man from the beginning, and left him in the hand of his own counsel.
He added his commandments and precepts.
If thou wilt keep the commandments and perform acceptable fidelity for ever, they shall preserve thee.
He hath set water and fire before thee: stretch forth thy hand to which thou wilt.
Before man is life and death, good and evil, that which he shall choose shall be given him:
For the wisdom of God is great, and he is strong in power, seeing all men without ceasing.
The eyes of the Lord are towards them that fear him, and he knoweth all the work of man.
He hath commanded no man to do wickedly, and he hath given no man license to sin:
For he desireth not a multitude of faithless and unprofitable children."

Therefore Adam had free will and was established in it. Man in the Fall became corrupted in our will, but we did not lose it. Christ restores our will which is why we are given love and set free by the Son. Then we are given the grace to will as we ought: freely in God.

The Prologue of the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach openly claims inspiration of "was drawn on himself to write somewhat pertaining to instruction and wisdom", and the prologue contains no indication of inspiration of God nor does any part of Sirach include the phrase "thus says the LORD" (more specifically, nowhere in Sirach's 51 chapters include "thus says"); therefore, Sirach is under the inspiration of man, so it is not the Word of God.

Sirach (Ecclesiasticus) is Apocrypha.

Sirach is not canonical.

Sirach is non-authoritative.

The Hebrew Bible, that is the Jewish Bible, that is the TaNaKah has 24 books.

The Christian Bible has 39 books for the Old Testament and 27 books in the New Testament.

The TaNaKah and the Christian Bible's Old Testament are representative of the same content.

This list explains the number disparity between the 24 books of the TaNaKah and the 39 books of the Old Testament:

Shemuel = 1 Samuel + 2 Samuel

Melakhim = 1 Kings + 2 Kings

Divrei Hayamim = 1 Chronicles + 2 Chronicles

Ezra-Nehemiah = Ezra + Nehemiah

Trei Asar = Hosea + Joel + Amos + Obadiah + Jonah + Micah + Nahum + Habakkuk + Zephaniah + Haggai + Zechariah + Malachi

The TaNaKah contains the same content as the Christian Bible's Old Testament, but the there is some difference in book names.

Importantly, the 14 books of the Apocrypha, which includes Sirach, are NOT part of the TaNaKah nor the Christian Bible.

You follow Jesus the son of Sirach.

You preach the word of Jesus the son of Sirach.

I follow Jesus the Son of God.

I proclaim the Word of God Jesus the Lord (John 1:14).

Your adhesion of Sirach can be entirely disregarded as utterly irrelevant based on the above facts, but I plan to compare and contrast your thoughts (your citation, of the word of Jesus the son of Sirach) and Jesus the Son of God in a subsequent post.

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Prologue of the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach openly claims inspiration of "was drawn on himself to write somewhat pertaining to instruction and wisdom", and the prologue contains no indication of inspiration of God nor does any part of Sirach include the phrase "thus says the LORD" (more specifically, nowhere in Sirach's 51 chapters include "thus says"); therefore, Sirach is under the inspiration of man, so it is not the Word of God.

1) Define an indication of inspiration, for the Song of Songs does not even mention God in it as far as I know, and definitely does not include "thus says the Lord."
2) The prologue of St. Luke's Gospel says that it seemed best to him to make an orderly account, yet the whole of that Gospel and that prologue are inspired.

Your proofs are lacking in reason due to the above two reasons. Moreover free will is easily proven out of the rest of the books and even the NT alone, which is not at all contrary to anything you cited here. Amen, the Lord Jesus says "I chose you," but does that mean a person chosen did not will also?

Firstly you need to define "free will." I go with a more classical definition, I think your whole issue might just be the proliferation of modern and false definitions in the Church. My definition of free will is not incompatible with:

1) The claim that God chose us.
2) That God's will is always and in all things accomplished and no one can subvert it.
3) That prophecy is incompatible with free will (God truly said "when you eat..." and it truly was going to happen, but also Adam freely willed to eat according to my definition).
4) Generally any claim concerning God's sovereignty or absolute providence and control over the world.

I in fact agree with you on these points, and I follow the Lord Jesus who is the Son of God. Sirach in fact does not contradict these claims when free will is rightly defined (which it most often is not).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kermos would have us all believe that whatever we think, it's because Good imposed His will on us all.

"It is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for [His] good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13) the Apostle Paul wrote, so Paul wrote that we believer's "will" as well as our works are truly the work of God in us. This is about persons saved from the wrath of God, that is A SLAVE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (Romans 6:18).

"Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin" (John 8:34) and "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44) says Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), so Jesus declares that unbelievers "desire" to do the desires of the devil. This is about persons unsaved that are under the wrath of God, that is A SLAVE OF SIN.

A slave is not free,

"Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3) says Lord Jesus, so Jesus explains man must be born again by God to enter His Kingdom (John 3:3-8) - this work of God is required for A SLAVE OF SIN to convert to A SLAVE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

That no-one can think for themselves or make their own decisions. In other words, even the most vile form of lust that bounces around in the mind of man is there only because God wanted it there. Completely removes personal responsibility for anything in this life.

Backlit, no man comes into existence apart from God's making the man, even a man with "the most vile form of lust".
A slave of sin, a natural man with "the most vile form of lust", is accountable to God for his own sin in this life (Jeremiah 31:30).

Man's salvation is exclusively by God's grace for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8).
You free-willians wickedly try to steal God's glory in your prideful claim to choose Jesus to the glory of yourselves, so free-willians are steeped as being slaves of sin.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kermos limited the definition of freewill in this thread. So what he was meaning to refer to when he talks about freewill here concerns only the choosing of God, and later, specifically of Jesus Christ. That is the reason of all the confusion in his exchanges with posters here. He had, by limiting the definition of freewill, different from the common understanding of what freewill is, made quite a mess here.

Free-will philosophy covers a broad area.

Such as these items:
  • deciding what toothpaste to buy.
  • choosing away from God.
  • choosing toward God.

The third item is the only item, "choosing toward God", which pertains to man being successfully saved from the wrath of God according to free-willian philosophy, so this is a priority with respect to the framing of this thread.

The first two items are not indicative of resulting in salvation for a person according to free-willian philosophy, so both of these items are a lower priority with respect to the framing of this thread.

Let me rephrase this.

Joshua indicates that the people could choose the gods on that side of the river or the gods on the other side of the river in Joshua 24:15, yet Joshua did not include the One True God as a choice.

This distinction is critical to the original post's "Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ".

See the difference between "choosing away from God" in contrast to "choosing toward God".

The question of a person choosing away from God is not the focal point for this thread.

I would rather not discuss such, but I will engage if I perceive pertinence.

On the other hand, God has me here focused on the fact that God does the exclusive choosing of man unto salvation according to the Word "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

What he wants us all to believe is that man was not created with free will, but with what he calls a ‘bond-will’, and that Adam was created with no ability to choose God and Jesus Christ.

Tong
R4171

Adam did not choose God; therefore Adam is not an example of a purported man's free will ability to choose God.

You fail to provide scriptural citation that Adam was created with a free-will, much less that Adam could use that free-will to choose God.

As I have proclaimed to you previously, the Apostle Paul makes Adam's "will" irrelevant to Adam eating of the tree forbidden as food (Romans 8:20-22).

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sirach 15:11-20 refutes the whole thesis by itself, so does the Gospels, Torah, and rest of the Holy Scriptures:

Well, now that Sirach has been thoroughly discredited respecting authority for not being part of the Christian Bible nor the TaNaKah (as shown in this prior post), it's niw time to compare and contrast your foundation, the word of Jesus the son of Sirach, and my foundation, the word of Jesus the Son of God THE WORD OF GOD.

The Word of God never states man was created with a free-will.

"Say not: It is through God, that she is not with me: for do not thou the things that he hateth.
Say not: He hath caused me to err: for he hath no need of wicked men.

The Apostles prayed "truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur" (Acts 4:27-28).

See "Your hand" which is God's intimate control.

See "Your hand" can be likened to a mere man controlling chess game pieces in a chess match. As with many analogies, this analogy is insufficiently expressive, but the point is made.

Man is responsible for his own sin, see the next sections.

The Lord hateth all abomination of error, and they that fear him shall not love it.
God made man from the beginning, and left him in the hand of his own counsel.

Despite the Creation account in Genesis 1-3 being silent about man's "will", there exists Apostolic teaching on the matter of man's "will" with regard to the creation account.

Adam did not exercise willpower to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16-17) for Paul wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB); therefore, Adam did not make a choice, not a willing choice, to eat.

A "choice" by Adam is explicitly excluded by using scripture with scripture referencing, in fact, "the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, KJV), so Adam acted not willingly but rather acted subject to vanity in his eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

"Not willingly" indicates "not choice".

Some people may claim that Paul was referring to a timeframe exclusively after what they call "the fall" (after Adam ate of the tree [Genesis 3:6]), but the continuity of the passage of Romans 8:20-22must be taken as a whole.

Paul left no room for disputing to the timeframe for which "not willingly" applies, for Paul also wrote "we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:22), and the phrase "until now" is the timeframe's most recent limiting factor which memes that all times prior to "now" are included, so "the whole creation" includes the moment after God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7) until Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6); therefore, we can be certain that Paul includes the timeframe that Adam ate of the tree in the travailing/groaning because Paul wrote of all of this in the same passage, i.e. Romans 8:20-22.

He added his commandments and precepts.
If thou wilt keep the commandments and perform acceptable fidelity for ever, they shall preserve thee.
He hath set water and fire before thee: stretch forth thy hand to which thou wilt.

The Apostle Paul identifies every man starts out as a natural man with "the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual" (1 Corinthians 15:46).

The Apostle Paul explains that the commands of God are foolishness to man with a "natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised" (1 Corinthians 2:14)

The Apostle Paul declares that man's flesh opposes the Spirit of God with "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17).

THE FIRST STATE OF MAN IS OPPOSITION TO GOD, AND THE ONLY WAY (JOHN 14:6) FOR MAN'S SALVATION IS FOR GOD TO BIRTH MAN ANEW (JOHN 3:3-8), NOT A WORK OF A CHOICE BY MAN, BUT STRICTLY THE WORK OF GOD IN MAN (JOHN 6:29).

Before man is life and death, good and evil, that which he shall choose shall be given him:

No man can choose Yeshua, Lord and God (John 20:28), for He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

ANYONE WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE CHOSEN JESUS HAS NOT CHOSEN JESUS BUT RATHER SUCH A SELF-WILLED PERSON (2 PETER 2:9-10) HAS CHOSEN A FALSE GOD.

For the wisdom of God is great, and he is strong in power, seeing all men without ceasing.
The eyes of the Lord are towards them that fear him, and he knoweth all the work of man.
He hath commanded no man to do wickedly, and he hath given no man license to sin:
For he desireth not a multitude of faithless and unprofitable children."

The Apostle Paul wrote that person's will and person's work is the work of God in persons with "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for [His] good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

GOD CONTROLS THE GOOD WORKS OF MAN (JOHN 3:21). GOD CONTROLS THE "WILL" OF US CHILDREN OF GOD..

Therefore Adam had free will and was established in it. Man in the Fall became corrupted in our will, but we did not lose it. Christ restores our will which is why we are given love and set free by the Son. Then we are given the grace to will as we ought: freely in God.

The treasure of your heart (Matthew 15:18), that is your claimed choice of Jesus, has proven to be the precepts of men which leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).