Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BeyondET and @DJT_47

Man's "Will" In Scripture Related To The Creation Account​

Despite the Creation account in Genesis 1-3 being silent about man's "will", there exists Apostolic teaching on the matter of man's "will" with regard to the creation account.

Adam did not exercise willpower to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16-17) for Paul wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB); therefore, Adam did not make a choice, not a willing choice, to eat.

A "choice" by Adam is explicitly excluded by using scripture with scripture referencing, in fact, "the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, KJV), so Adam acted not willingly but rather acted subject to vanity in his eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

"Not willingly" indicates "not choice".

Some people may claim that Paul was referring to a timeframe exclusively after what they call "the fall" (after Adam ate of the tree [Genesis 3:6]), but the continuity of the passage of Romans 8:20-22 must be taken as a whole.

Paul left no room for disputing to the timeframe for which "not willingly" applies, for Paul also wrote "we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:22), and the phrase "until now" is the timeframe's most recent limiting factor which memes that all times prior to "now" are included, so "the whole creation" includes the moment after God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7) until Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6); therefore, we can be certain that Paul includes the timeframe that Adam ate of the tree in the travailing/groaning because Paul wrote of all of this in the same passage, i.e. Romans 8:20-22.

Presenting an event driven review of Paul's writing "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:20-22) and the creation account and more recorded in Genesis:

• See "until now" (Romans 8:22) indicates all time prior to the Apostle Paul for he wrote "the whole creation" (Romans 8:22), as in "the whole creation" "until now".
  • See the serpent was in the garden tempting Eve (Genesis 3:1-5) before Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6).
  • See "subjected to futility" (Romans 8:20) as the serpent's futility of lying to Eve with "You surely will not die" (Genesis 3:4) - before Adam or Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6), yet Adam and Eve died (Genesis 5:5, Genesis 7:21 none of mankind, besides the 8 [Genesis 7:7 and 1 Peter 3:20], survived the flood, so Eve had to be dead).
  • See "not willingly" (Romans 8:20) applies to Adam eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6) for the Word of God specifically attributed the cause of Adam eating of the tree as "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17), so here God reveals for Adam the cause (listen to wife) and the effect (eat of tree); therefore, eating of the tree was "not willingly" (Romans 8:20).
Paul includes the "not willingly" (Romans 8:20-22) to apply to the time that Adam ate of the tree (Genesis 3:6).

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will either.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject your command to "rethink" by adding free will to the Word of God - even as recorded in Genesis 2:16-17 and Genesis 3:22. In Genesis 3:22, God says Adam might act a certain way but there is no mention of choose as in free will choice. Free will is not in Genesis 2:16-17 nor Genesis 3:22.

It is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

You adding "free will" scripture is called adulterating the Word of God.

Once adulterated, it's no longer the Word of God but rather the word of BeyondET.

Look at "and commanded YHWH God to the man, saying "Of every tree in the garden to eat you will be eating, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not eating from, when in the day you are to eat of it to die you will be dying" (Genesis 2:16-17), and see there is no free-will (also see post 1,253 just as shown to you a little earlier about this passage in this thread).

God Declares The Cause And Effect For Adam Eating Of The Forbidden Tree.

After Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6), to Adam, God said "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field; By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return." (Genesis 3:17-19)
The word "because" inherently indicates cause in (Genesis 3:17), and the word "because" is the first word that God said to Adam in Genesis 3:17-19.

God declares the cause as being that Adam listened to the voice of his wife.

God LITERALLY stated that the CAUSE was Adam LISTENED to Adam's wife's voice; moveover, free will choice is NOT included as a CAUSE; therefore, the Apostle Paul's conveyance that Adam "not willingly" ate of the tree (Romans 8:20) is in accord with the recorded Word of God in Genesis 3:17.

God declares the effect as being that the ground would be cursed because of Adam as well as to dust Adam would return.

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will either.
Your words show how much you don't understand scripture.

Proverbs 30:6, show me were I physically added to the actual words of the Genesis 2:16. Not my opinion but that I altered a verse added words to the actual verse.

And then you said God says Adam might act a certain way, you completely contradicted what you excused me of by doing it yourself. No were in scripture says that.

You don't have clue about Proverbs 30:6 your immature.

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BeyondET and @DJT_47

Man's "Will" In Scripture Related To The Creation Account​

Despite the Creation account in Genesis 1-3 being silent about man's "will", there exists Apostolic teaching on the matter of man's "will" with regard to the creation account.

Adam did not exercise willpower to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16-17) for Paul wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB); therefore, Adam did not make a choice, not a willing choice, to eat.

A "choice" by Adam is explicitly excluded by using scripture with scripture referencing, in fact, "the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, KJV), so Adam acted not willingly but rather acted subject to vanity in his eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

"Not willingly" indicates "not choice".

Some people may claim that Paul was referring to a timeframe exclusively after what they call "the fall" (after Adam ate of the tree [Genesis 3:6]), but the continuity of the passage of Romans 8:20-22 must be taken as a whole.

Paul left no room for disputing to the timeframe for which "not willingly" applies, for Paul also wrote "we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:22), and the phrase "until now" is the timeframe's most recent limiting factor which memes that all times prior to "now" are included, so "the whole creation" includes the moment after God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7) until Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6); therefore, we can be certain that Paul includes the timeframe that Adam ate of the tree in the travailing/groaning because Paul wrote of all of this in the same passage, i.e. Romans 8:20-22.

Presenting an event driven review of Paul's writing "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:20-22) and the creation account and more recorded in Genesis:

• See "until now" (Romans 8:22) indicates all time prior to the Apostle Paul for he wrote "the whole creation" (Romans 8:22), as in "the whole creation" "until now".
  • See the serpent was in the garden tempting Eve (Genesis 3:1-5) before Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6).
  • See "subjected to futility" (Romans 8:20) as the serpent's futility of lying to Eve with "You surely will not die" (Genesis 3:4) - before Adam or Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6), yet Adam and Eve died (Genesis 5:5, Genesis 7:21 none of mankind, besides the 8 [Genesis 7:7 and 1 Peter 3:20], survived the flood, so Eve had to be dead).
  • See "not willingly" (Romans 8:20) applies to Adam eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6) for the Word of God specifically attributed the cause of Adam eating of the tree as "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17), so here God reveals for Adam the cause (listen to wife) and the effect (eat of tree); therefore, eating of the tree was "not willingly" (Romans 8:20).
Paul includes the "not willingly" (Romans 8:20-22) to apply to the time that Adam ate of the tree (Genesis 3:6).

You need to rethink your analogy, your all over the place like a jumping bean.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How clearer can I get, yes I have free will to shop what ever food I want in the grocery store, freely decide what kind of clothes to wear.

You emphatically declared your personal free will in your post, so your will is autonomous from God's will because your will is free (disassociated, separate, unencumbered, disentangled, not dependent, not obligated, not indebted) with regard to God.

You convey that you control your will yourself.

See the word "self" in the word "yourself", so, in effect, you cast yourself as self-willed. Now, see the word "self" in the subsequent Apostle's quoted declaration as well as how the Apostle uses the word "self":

"The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority. Daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).

See that "self-willed" people "under punishment for the day of judgment" according to Peter's Apostolic testimony.

Lord Jesus poses a rhetorical question which self-contains an answer "why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?" (Luke 12:57); and since choosing Right, that is Jesus, is the right thing to do according to free-willian philosophy, then Jesus says choosing Right cannot be done by people right there.

Either you believe Apostolic testimony, or you don't.

By the way, my loving God expresses His value and interest in the intimate details of my life for He says "the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30) and "Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you" (Matthew 6:31-33).

But, in effect, you cast yourself as not of value to God; furthermore, you say God is not interested in you. Just look at what you wrote about shopping/eating and clothing in contrast to the Lord's sayings about eating and clothing.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You emphatically declared your personal free will in your post, so your will is autonomous from God's will because your will is free (disassociated, separate, unencumbered, disentangled, not dependent, not obligated, not indebted) with regard to God.

See the word "self" in the word "yourself", so, in effect, you cast yourself as self-willed. Now, see the word "self" in the subsequent Apostle's quoted declaration as well as how the Apostle uses the word "self":

"The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority. Daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).

See that "self-willed" people "under punishment for the day of judgment" according to Peter's Apostolic testimony.

Lord Jesus poses a rhetorical question which self-contains an answer "why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?" (Luke 12:57); and since choosing Right, that is Jesus, is the right thing to do according to free-willian philosophy, then Jesus says choosing Right cannot be done by people right there.

By the way, my loving God expresses His value and interest in the intimate details of my life for He says "the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30) and "Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you" (Matthew 6:31-33).

But, in effect, you cast yourself as not of value to God; furthermore, you say God is not interested in you. Just look at what you wrote about shopping/eating and clothing in contrast to the Lord's sayings about eating and clothing.

You've already replied to that once. Show me were God says Adam might act a certain way?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've already replied to that once. Show me were God says Adam might act a certain way?
And I expanded on what you wrote, but more on that in a moment. Right now, by God's grace, I'll answer your question.

God issued prophecy about man eating the fruit (Genesis 2:17)

AT the time God commanded the man, Adam, not to eat of the tree

AND the consequence of disobedience is declared - that is that death of the man would result in eating from the tree

YET a command does not convey ability (see also God's Commands Distinguished From Man's Ability)

BUT the language contains a prophetic construct indicating assurance of occurrence - "for in the day that you eat" - the "for" is promissory

NOT a conditional logic construct such as "if in the day that you eat"
IN fact, the English word "for" is translated from the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki)

AND the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki) contains the meanings of these English words "that", "for", "when" (Strong's Hebrew: 3588. כִּ֗י (ki) -- that, for, when)

THEREFORE the word "when" fits where the word "for" resides in Genesis 2:17

THUS the phrase "when in the day that you eat" is an accurate translation for Genesis 2:17 (see also cross-referenceing the Hebrew word כִּ֗י [ki] definition via scripture with scripture providing the proof that [1] the translation deficiency of the word "if" for the Hebrew word כִּ֗י [ki] and [2] the translation efficiency of the word "when" for the Hebrew word כִּ֗י [ki] respecting the early chapters of Genesis)

SO this confirms the promissory nature, the prophecy of man eating the fruit, with the word "for"/"when" in Genesis 2:17

AND this imposes contextual certainty indicating God's foreknowledge over the matter described in Genesis 2:17

SO there is no free will indicated for Adam

AND the firm fact is established
THAT God reigns in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)

That answers your question showing that "God says Adam" would "act a certain way".

Now, let's get right back to how you cast yourself, and this time, please note the new parts.

How clearer can I get, yes I have free will to shop what ever food I want in the grocery store, freely decide what kind of clothes to wear.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I expanded on what you wrote, but more on that in a moment. Right now, by God's grace, I'll answer your question.

God issued prophecy about man eating the fruit (Genesis 2:17)

AT the time God commanded the man, Adam, not to eat of the tree

AND the consequence of disobedience is declared - that is that death of the man would result in eating from the tree

YET a command does not convey ability (see also God's Commands Distinguished From Man's Ability)

BUT the language contains a prophetic construct indicating assurance of occurrence - "for in the day that you eat" - the "for" is promissory

NOT a conditional logic construct such as "if in the day that you eat"
IN fact, the English word "for" is translated from the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki)

AND the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki) contains the meanings of these English words "that", "for", "when" (Strong's Hebrew: 3588. כִּ֗י (ki) -- that, for, when)

THEREFORE the word "when" fits where the word "for" resides in Genesis 2:17

THUS the phrase "when in the day that you eat" is an accurate translation for Genesis 2:17 (see also cross-referenceing the Hebrew word כִּ֗י [ki] definition via scripture with scripture providing the proof that [1] the translation deficiency of the word "if" for the Hebrew word כִּ֗י [ki] and [2] the translation efficiency of the word "when" for the Hebrew word כִּ֗י [ki] respecting the early chapters of Genesis)

SO this confirms the promissory nature, the prophecy of man eating the fruit, with the word "for"/"when" in Genesis 2:17

AND this imposes contextual certainty indicating God's foreknowledge over the matter described in Genesis 2:17

SO there is no free will indicated for Adam

AND the firm fact is established
THAT God reigns in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)

That answers your question showing that "God says Adam" would "act a certain way".

Now, let's get right back to how you cast yourself, and this time, please note the new parts.

You create diversions the verse in question is not Genesis 2:17, you know that very well. you added that God says Adam can act a certain way in gen 2:16. No were in scripture is that mentioned just as excuse me of adding to scripture.

You avoided what you said about Gen 2:16, in that God says Adam can act in a certain way. you try to use trickery and it isn't working. Nothing of the verses you posted in Daniel 4 has anything to do with your fallacy of Genesis 2:16.

Daniel 4
34But at the end of those days I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven, and my sanity was restored to me. Then I praised the Most High, and I honored and glorified Him who lives forever: “For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom endures from generation to generation.

35All the peoples of the earth are counted as nothing, and He does as He pleases with the army of heaven and the peoples of the earth. There is no one who can restrain His hand or say to Him, ‘What have You done?’ ”

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You create diversions the verse in question is not Genesis 2:17, you know that very well. you added that God says Adam can act a certain way in gen 2:16. No were in scripture is that mentioned just as excuse me of adding to scripture.

You avoided what you said about Gen 2:16, in that God says Adam can act in a certain way. you try to use trickery and it isn't working. Nothing of the verses you posted in Daniel 4 has anything to do with your fallacy of Genesis 2:16.

Daniel 4
34But at the end of those days I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven, and my sanity was restored to me. Then I praised the Most High, and I honored and glorified Him who lives forever: “For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom endures from generation to generation.

35All the peoples of the earth are counted as nothing, and He does as He pleases with the army of heaven and the peoples of the earth. There is no one who can restrain His hand or say to Him, ‘What have You done?’ ”

The Word of God says "when in the day that you are to eat of it" (Genesis 2:17) which is a declaration of God that Adam would eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; furthermore, that is a subquote of "and commanded YHWH God to the man, saying 'Of every tree in the garden to eat you will be eating, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not eating from, when in the day you are to eat of it to die you will be dying'" (Genesis 2:16-17); moreover, this addresses your question "Show me were God says Adam might act a certain way?".

Are you blind? Look at "He does as He pleases with the army of heaven and the peoples of the earth" (Daniel 4:35) WHICH CONVEYS THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL (DANIEL 4:34-35); moreover, this aligns with "when in the day that you are to eat of it" (Genesis 2:17) in Genesis 2:16-17.

Now, let's get right back to how you cast yourself because you just now appeared to skip right past it.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God says "when in the day that you are to eat of it" (Genesis 2:17) which is a declaration of God that Adam would eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; furthermore, that is a subquote of "and commanded YHWH God to the man, saying 'Of every tree in the garden to eat you will be eating, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not eating from, when in the day you are to eat of it to die you will be dying'" (Genesis 2:16-17); moreover, this addresses your question "Show me were God says Adam might act a certain way?".

Are you blind? Look at "He does as He pleases with the army of heaven and the peoples of the earth" (Daniel 4:35) WHICH CONVEYS THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL (DANIEL 4:34-35); moreover, this aligns with "when in the day that you are to eat of it" (Genesis 2:17) in Genesis 2:16-17.

Now, let's get right back to how you cast yourself because you just now appeared to skip right past it.

If Adam had no will of his own, that would mean God planned for Adam to disobey, and that is just wrong hoss. The purpose of man was not to automatically die spiritually.

Be careful what you excuse others of. I never said God wasn't interested, you make up garbage like that because of your own free will. I'm done hearing your own free will analogy

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Adam had no will of his own, that would mean God planned for Adam to disobey, and that is just wrong hoss. The purpose of man was not to automatically die spiritually.

Be careful what you excuse others of. I never said God wasn't interested, you make up garbage like that because of your own free will. I'm done hearing your own free will analogy

Look at the conclusion of your thoughts as recorded below according to scripture, BeyondET.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the conclusion of your thoughts as recorded below according to scripture, BeyondET.

I'm sure God has not directed told you what food to eat your whole life. It's safe to say you've made choices in what you buy for food, clothing, internet connection, what car to buy etc. Not saying He doesn't sometimes but alot is all on your own will, be free brother. Soar on the galaxy cantus firmus rising to the kingdom of God, peace...

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure God has not directed told you what food to eat your whole life. It's safe to say you've made choices in what you buy for food, clothing, internet connection, what car to buy etc. Not saying He doesn't sometimes but alot is all on your own will, be free brother. Soar on the galaxy cantus firmus rising to the kingdom of God, peace...

It is God who is at work in me, both to will and to work for His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13), so this means God directs my will to access precisely the items of food, clothing, internet connection, and car that God ordains for me. I walk by the Spirit (Galatians 5:16). MY WILL IS WHOLLY BOUND TO JESUS CHRIST, MY LORD AND MY GOD! JESUS CARES ABOUT THE DETAILS OF MY LIFE AND THE LIVES OF ALL HIS CHOSEN FRIENDS (JOHN 15:15-16). PRAISE JESUS! MY GRATITUDE IS IMMENSE TO JESUS FOR THE BOND WILL HE HAS GIVEN ME!

I am joyfully dependent upon Lord Jesus for ALL things.

You declare independence from Lord Jesus as recorded below, BeyondET.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God who is at work in me, both to will and to work for His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13), so this means God directs my will to access precisely the items of food, clothing, internet connection, and car that God ordains for me. I walk by the Spirit (Galatians 5:16). MY WILL IS WHOLLY BOUND TO JESUS CHRIST, MY LORD AND MY GOD! JESUS CARES ABOUT THE DETAILS OF MY LIFE AND THE LIVES OF ALL HIS CHOSEN FRIENDS (JOHN 15:15-16). PRAISE JESUS! MY GRATITUDE IS IMMENSE TO JESUS FOR THE BOND WILL HE HAS GIVEN ME!

I am joyfully dependent upon Lord Jesus for ALL things.

You declare independence from Lord Jesus as recorded below, BeyondET.

Ok cut and paster.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok cut and paster.

Your post appears to me to be very dismissive of Apostolic testimony, even the very Word of God.

Why don't you tell me which part of the first three paragraphs are copy and paste?

People in self-will.

You repeat your independence from Jesus.

I repeat my dependence on Jesus.

Do you see which is the blessing of God by reading the Word of God below?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pointedly i didn't see the poster mention someone going to hell.

Assuredly, the free-willian philosophy has one of two conclusions for every person:
  • heaven
  • hell

Therefore, it is germane to address either one or both in a discussion about free-will.

You diverge to the absurd instead of addressing the fact that man was not created with a free will.

Stay on topic, BeyondET, and meditate on the Word of God in the following.

Man Opening The Door To Salvation - The Free-willian Philosophy Explained​

Free-willians think a person achieves salvation by doing the work of choosing Jesus, yet free-willians simultaneously think another person goes to hell in the absence of doing the work of choosing Jesus.

THEREFORE, a guy that chose Jesus saves the guy himself, yet a gal that did not choose Jesus condemns the gal herself.

SO, the guy saved himself because without his choosing of Jesus, then he'd be just like that gal.

POINTEDLY, the guy's salvation hinges solely on the guy's choosing Jesus because, in contrast to being saved, the guy would be hell-bound if that hinge of choosing Jesus did not swing open by the guy's power.

The "hinge" of the door mentioned above is based on free will philosophy.

On the other hand; we Christians hear the Master say "it is finished" (John 19:30), and in that moment we receive the love of God (John 3:16) bestowing undeserved forgiveness upon us wretched God-hating monsters (Ephesians 2:1-4) - that the Son sacrificed Himself to reconcile the world to Himself (2 Corinthians 5:19) for the glory of God (John 17:4-5).

We believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent, and we believe Lord Jesus' sayings that belief is the blessed work of God in us (John 6:28) - it is more than an awakening - it is an enlivening - it is being born again (John 3:3-8) - it is getting the new heart that God wondrously implants in us (Ezekiel 36:26).

We Christians know that God's merciful salvation hinges on Christ alone for the glory of God alone, and there is nothing we can do nor say - not even a human choice approving of Jesus in order to obtain saving grace - nothing we say or do earns the unearnable love of God. We believe that Being saved from the wrath of God is exclusively God choosing us, not us choosing God (John 15:16, John 15:19).

For Christians, it is "believing"; in contrast, for the guy saying "I chose to believe in Jesus", it is "choosing".

For us Christians, it all hinges on Christ alone, yet for the free-willians saying "I chose to believe in Jesus", it all hinges on the a free-willian's choice.

The free will philosophy is proven to be deception because "Behold, His servants, He does not trust" (Job 4:18), so God does not trust a person who chooses Jesus; therefore, a free-willian who says "I chose Jesus" is bound for hell.

Behold, the psalmist says he is entirely dependent upon the Almighty!

I will extol You, O YHWH, for You have lifted me up,
And have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
O YHWH my God,
I cried to You for help, and You healed me.
O YHWH, You have brought up my soul from Sheol;
You have kept me alive, that I would not go down to the pit.
(Psalm 30:1-3)

See "The Natural Is The First State Of Being For All Mere Mortals" sidebar for more insight.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post appears to me to be very dismissive of Apostolic testimony, even the very Word of God.

Why don't you tell me which part of the first three paragraphs are copy and paste?

People in self-will.

Do you see which is the blessing of God by reading the Word of God below?

Kind of went between the ears, it's apparent you have alot of notes you copy and paste from.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuredly, the free-willian philosophy has one of two conclusions for every person:
  • heaven
  • hell

Therefore, it is germane to address either one or both in a discussion about free-will.

You diverge to the absurd instead of addressing the fact that man was not created with a free will.

Stay on topic, BeyondET, and meditate on the Word of God in the following.

Free-willians think a person achieves salvation by doing the work of choosing Jesus, yet free-willians simultaneously think another person goes to hell in the absence of doing the work of choosing Jesus.

THEREFORE, a guy that chose Jesus saves the guy himself, yet a gal that did not choose Jesus condemns the gal herself.

SO, the guy saved himself because without his choosing of Jesus, then he'd be just like that gal.

POINTEDLY, the guy's salvation hinges solely on the guy's choosing Jesus because, in contrast to being saved, the guy would be hell-bound if that hinge of choosing Jesus did not swing open by the guy's power.

On the other hand; we Christians hear the Master say "it is finished" (John 19:30), and in that moment we receive the love of God (John 3:16) bestowing undeserved forgiveness upon us wretched God-hating monsters (Ephesians 2:1-4) - that the Son sacrificed Himself to reconcile the world to Himself (2 Corinthians 5:19) for the glory of God (John 17:4-5).

We believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent, and we believe Lord Jesus' sayings that belief is the blessed work of God in us (John 6:28) - it is more than an awakening - it is an enlivening - it is being born again (John 3:3-8) - it is getting the new heart that God wondrously implants in us (Ezekiel 36:26).

We Christians know that God's merciful salvation hinges on Christ alone for the glory of God alone, and there is nothing we can do nor say - not even a human choice approving of Jesus in order to obtain saving grace - nothing we say or do earns the unearnable love of God. We believe that Being saved from the wrath of God is exclusively God choosing us, not us choosing God (John 15:16, John 15:19).

For Christians, it is "believing"; in contrast, for the guy saying "I chose to believe in Jesus", it is "choosing".

For us Christians, it all hinges on Christ alone, yet for the free-willians saying "I chose to believe in Jesus", it all hinges on the a free-willian's choice.

The free will philosophy is proven to be deception because "Behold, His servants, He does not trust" (Job 4:18), so God does not trust a person who chooses Jesus; therefore, a free-willian who says "I chose Jesus" is bound for hell.

O YHWH my God,

See "The Natural Is The First State Of Being For All Mere Mortals" sidebar for more insight.
Yup not one has the will of God yea even the heavens are not clean.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup not one has the will of God yea even the heavens are not clean.

It looks like your self-will is stuck in the mire. God has the will of God, and God works in us Christians to both will and work for God's good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

Do you recall mentioning the poster in your prior post? Well, the following explains the exchange.

As a free-willian, the poster thinks there are one of two conclusions for every person:
  • heaven
  • hell

You continue to diverge to the absurd instead of addressing the fact that man was not created with a free will.

Your supposed free-will is no match for the Word of God!

O YHWH my God,

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of went between the ears, it's apparent you have alot of notes you copy and paste from.

I openly share documents that God has me prepare, and I openly share this fact. If you had taken the time to read the opening post, then you would have known this! Apparently, your purported free-will lacks the ability to be comprehensive.

Why don't you go back to tell me which part of the first three paragraphs are copy and paste since you made the accusation?

See that dependence is the blessing of God by reading the Word of God below?