Was Bible Possession banned by the Catholic Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I don't have you on ignore. Irrational hatred for Catholicism is a mental and spiritual sickness.
Obsession over sex scandals that no longer exist is a perversion.
Catholics prefer to be identified by service to the poor, anti-Catholics identify Catholicism with a sick unbiblical view of statues.

It's time to put Big Boy's anti-Catholic psychosis on ignore.

The Catholics are flooding the US with Criminals, Human Traffickers, and drugs .....Must be comforting to specialize in everything anti Christian....... Wonder what your cut is ......Couldn't make it as an outstanding Christian .....had to revert to Cartels .....

No wonder Nostradamus predicted that the last Pope will leave Rome walking over the bones of the Cardinals ....

Don't hate Catholics .....just find your pretend perfection to be an insult

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were to meet you in real life bluedragon would you be this mean, disgusting and bold to my face?

Or does the anonymity make you bold?

Curious Mary

I would tell you how I find the Catholic religion to be a fraud to the faith .......

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That passage from Matthew 23 is not in context with what we are talking about

OK, so you don't accept Jesus Christ as THE teacher!

Sorry to hear that about you....

Who taught you to recognize those clearly false doctrines?

Jesus did.

Can you tell me which ones they are so I can look them up?

I don't know of any in my area to refer you to... and since God always has a remnant, I'm sure there are a few out there that have not fallen in to the devil's temptation to throw God's Word out.

The point you are missing is, there's only ONE source for Truth... and that is Jesus!

Clearly you have no overseer or elder that you are to obey and that rules over you like Scripture says. Are you concerned that you are in violation of Scripture?

If you consider Jesus as not being THE over seer, then you are total void of understanding.

God's Word teaches we should NOT sit under false doctrine and as I have noted all the churches in my area teach false doctrine so I would be in violation of God's Word to go to one of these spiritual hoe houses and sit under false teaching and let wolves be an over seer over my spiritual life.

Even if there was a church that taught sound doctrine in my area that I could attend..., Jesus Christ is still THE Pastor over my life as He always comes before people.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholics are flooding the US with Criminals, Human Traffickers, and drugs .....Must be comforting to specialize in everything anti Christian....... Wonder what your cut is ......Couldn't make it as an outstanding Christian .....had to revert to Cartels .....

Don't forget most of those cartel guys are..., catholic!

They even claim to talk to some dead guy that's supposed to be the patron saint of drug traffickers
that they pray to which is necromancy (witchcraft)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so you don't accept Jesus Christ as THE teacher!

Sorry to hear that about you....

Jesus did.

I don't know of any in my area to refer you to... and since God always has a remnant, I'm sure there are a few out there that have not fallen in to the devil's temptation to throw God's Word out.

The point you are missing is, there's only ONE source for Truth... and that is Jesus!

If you consider Jesus as not being THE over seer, then you are total void of understanding.

God's Word teaches we should NOT sit under false doctrine and as I have noted all the churches in my area teach false doctrine so I would be in violation of God's Word to go to one of these spiritual hoe houses and sit under false teaching and let wolves be an over seer over my spiritual life.

Even if there was a church that taught sound doctrine in my area that I could attend..., Jesus Christ is still THE Pastor over my life as He always comes before people.
Lol...OK. I can see you are not a serious person.

Thank you for your time.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

It saddens me to hear that even though you had a bible in your home, your parents didn't read it to you as a child. Since you "loved it when the priest read from the Bible" why didn't you, on your own, read the Bible that your parents provided you? If your parents had read the Bible to you as a child, do you think you would have remained Catholic?
My stepfather was an old-school Portugee from the Azores. He was always a nominal Catholic. In all the years I lived under his roof to my knowledge he never read the Bible nor did he ever attend mass. My mother was baptized Catholic when she married him. She attended mass only for Christmas and Easter. She also never read the Bible... until long after I left her home. She was reading it daily for a long time before she died in 2006. I only learned this from my younger brother who still lived with her until her death. I was 1500 miles away, so our connection was limited to a few phone calls. I hope that she had connected with God during that time. I had a few hints that she was, but I really do not know.

I opened the family Bible a few times as a boy intending to read it, but never got past the pictures in it. That was my own fault. I was the only one in the household attending mass weekly, so it was all on me. I presumed I was doing all that was needed by attending and regularly taking communion. Neither the nuns nor the priests ever asked us to read a Bible for ourselves.

Would I have remained Catholic if someone had read the Bible to me when I was a small child? That is an open question to which I am unable to answer. My biological father and his mother were staunch Protestants faithful to the Pentecostal Holiness church until their deaths in 1992 and 1985 respectively, but I never lived with either of them in my memory.

I can only hope that I am now where God wants me to be. Presently I am without a home church and due to present circumstances, that is really unlikely to change. I do plan to attend church services when the weather improves and I am able to drive again, but this old former altar boy is however unlikely to attend a Catholic Church again. My connection with God is not dependent on any church services in any case. I spend 2-3 hours every morning reading my Bible and talking to God. I really am working on the, "praying without ceasing" and "rejoicing in the Lord always". I am closer, I believe, than when I first began... I had my 80th birthday in December, so there is probably not of time to reestablish in another assembly.

Maybe they were old school Catholics and thought that they didn't have to read the bible to you since you were getting weekly bible readings in church. ESPECIALLY if you attended a Catholic school, they probably felt that was enough! Did you go to a Catholic school?
No, there was no such school in our little town. There were only two churches in town, the Catholic, by far the largest and one little Protestant one. A few miles out of town there was a Mormon church. By the way all of the masses were in Latin. I stopped attending regularly when I graduated from high school in 1961.
It sounds like after 15 years of wandering in the wilderness you had a life changing event in 1976 and God drew you back to him via a Protestant church. I am glad you got back to church and back to Christ. What did you hear from that Protestant pastor in that Protestant church in 1976 that made you realize that your parents taught you wrong about God and Christianity? Was there that eureka moment? Or was it over time the more you read and the more "experienced" the more you realized that your parents were wrong, and you, or that Protestant pastor, were right?
What I heard was from God especially through Bible that I began to read and through the family that initially brought us to that church. The pastor had some good things to say that I was able hear in the beginning, but he was the one finally drove us away from that assembly as well.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would tell you how I find the Catholic religion to be a fraud to the faith .......
I know you would give me your opinion. But you didn't answer the question!

While giving me your opinion about the Catholic Church being a fraud would you be mean and disgusting while doing it?

Or are you only mean and disgusting when you have anonymity online?

Reactions: Illuminator

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you would give me your opinion. But you didn't answer the question!

While giving me your opinion about the Catholic Church being a fraud would you be mean and disgusting while doing it?

Or are you only mean and disgusting when you have anonymity online?
If you countered with the assertion that The Catholic religion is without fault ......I would follow my heart and be direct at challenging your position. I find the pope to be disgusting and not representing the covenants of the religion. So mean and disgusting is your interpretation .....not absolute ....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey amadeus,

Your cryptic response to @Augustin56 is a bit confusing to me. Maybe Augustin deciphered it.....but I can't. :(

Augustin mentioned, "the Holy Eucharist, which is the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ,". You then asked the question, without answering it, Do I not consume them every day?

Soooo only YOU can answer that question. Do you consume the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ? You seem to be (cryptically) suggesting that you do, but you don't say that you do or if you do how you do.

Mary
I do not partake in a physical communion as do either the Catholic Church or most of the Protestant churches with bread from grain and wine from grape.

I partake of the flesh of Jesus when I read his Words [the scriptures] and when the Holy Spirit quickens them to me I am drinking his blood. So, I believe and so I do. Since leaving Catholicism I have never attended anywhere that held communion services daily or even weekly. I believe we should eat His flesh and drink His blood every day even as we eat natural food every day. The nourishment is essential to good health and growth... more so spiritually even than naturally.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My stepfather was an old-school Portugee from the Azores. He was always a nominal Catholic. In all the years I lived under his roof to my knowledge he never read the Bible nor did he ever attend mass. My mother was baptized Catholic when she married him. She attended mass only for Christmas and Easter. She also never read the Bible... until long after I left her home. She was reading it daily for a long time before she died in 2006. I only learned this from my younger brother who still lived with her until her death. I was 1500 miles away, so our connection was limited to a few phone calls. I hope that she had connected with God during that time. I had a few hints that she was, but I really do not know.

I opened the family Bible a few times as a boy intending to read it, but never got past the pictures in it. That was my own fault. I was the only one in the household attending mass weekly, so it was all on me. I presumed I was doing all that was needed by attending and regularly taking communion. Neither the nuns nor the priests ever asked us to read a Bible for ourselves.

Would I have remained Catholic if someone had read the Bible to me when I was a small child? That is an open question to which I am unable to answer. My biological father and his mother were staunch Protestants faithful to the Pentecostal Holiness church until their deaths in 1992 and 1985 respectively, but I never lived with either of them in my memory.

I can only hope that I am now where God wants me to be. Presently I am without a home church and due to present circumstances, that is really unlikely to change. I do plan to attend church services when the weather improves and I am able to drive again, but this old former altar boy is however unlikely to attend a Catholic Church again. My connection with God is not dependent on any church services in any case. I spend 2-3 hours every morning reading my Bible and talking to God. I really am working on the, "praying without ceasing" and "rejoicing in the Lord always". I am closer, I believe, than when I first began... I had my 80th birthday in December, so there is probably not of time to reestablish in another assembly.

No, there was no such school in our little town. There were only two churches in town, the Catholic, by far the largest and one little Protestant one. A few miles out of town there was a Mormon church. By the way all of the masses were in Latin. I stopped attending regularly when I graduated from high school in 1961.

What I heard was from God especially through Bible that I began to read and through the family that initially brought us to that church. The pastor had some good things to say that I was able hear in the beginning, but he was the one finally drove us away from that assembly as well.
Interesting testimony. Sounds like you have been wandering in the wilderness for 48 years. Maybe, someday, you will recognize The Church he started and attend it.

Mary

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting testimony. Sounds like you have been wandering in the wilderness for 48 years. Maybe, someday, you will recognize The Church he started and attend it.

Mary

He didn't start that church .......Man created and turned it into sin .....Too bad you can't realize that.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you countered with the assertion that The Catholic religion is without fault ......I would follow my heart and be direct at challenging your position. I find the pope to be disgusting and not representing the covenants of the religion. So mean and disgusting is your interpretation .....not absolute ....
Thanks Bluedragon,

Christ started a Church of which he said the gates of hell will not prevail against. Scripture says if a member of the church refuses to adhere to the decision of The Church that person shall be treated as a heathen and a tax collector (kicked out of The Church). Scripture says that The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth.

With those facts in mind, if the Catholic Church is not The Church without fault that Christ started, which church (denomination) is without fault?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't start that church .......Man created and turned it into sin .....Too bad you can't realize that.
Thanks for your opinion.

Which Church did he start bluedragon?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not partake in a physical communion as do either the Catholic Church or most of the Protestant churches with bread from grain and wine from grape.

I partake of the flesh of Jesus when I read his Words [the scriptures] and when the Holy Spirit quickens them to me I am drinking his blood. So, I believe and so I do. Since leaving Catholicism I have never attended anywhere that held communion services daily or even weekly. I believe we should eat His flesh and drink His blood every day even as we eat natural food every day. The nourishment is essential to good health and growth... more so spiritually even than naturally.

Thanks for your opinion amadeus.

Nowhere at no time ever is there one word or one paragraph or one chapter or one letter from any Apostle or Apostolic Father (student of an Apostle) written that ever suggest, implies, hints at etc. that reading Scripture is the same as 'partaking of the flesh of Jesus'.

Whatever man taught you that lied to you.

Mary

PS: Sorry to be so blunt but it hurts my soul to see good people like you being lied to.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your problem with copying trash ...You go hundreds of years pretending to be the "Rock" of the religion.......
Your problem is DENIAL of the obvious, and harping on a problem that no longer exists. There is nothing pretensive about Catholicism, just the lies you invent, and you think you are doing God a favor??? Do you applaud the burning down of Catholic churches? That's where your bigotry ultimately leads to: violence, destruction and vandalism.

Lafayette diocese donates $50k to Baptist churches destroyed by arson​

1707339236233.png
Catholic parishes throughout the Diocese of Lafayette in Louisiana raised more than $50,000 for three black Baptist churches that were the targets of arson attacks that have been characterized as hate crimes.
source

Bluedragon, your Catholic bashing is INSANE. You are being admitted to my ICU (Ignore Care Unit) with a room next to Big Boy. Your SADISTIC comments are a waste of screen space. Good bye.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ formed the base for the religious beliefs ......The Roman Catholic Church had no alliance with those beliefs or teachings.
Got it. You don't have an answer as to which Church He started. You just know it is not The Catholic Church.

Thank you for your time.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is DENIAL of the obvious, and harping on a problem that no longer exists. There is nothing pretensive about Catholicism, just the lies you invent, and you think you are doing God a favor??? Do you applaud the burning down of Catholic churches? That's where your bigotry ultimately leads to: violence, destruction and vandalism.

Lafayette diocese donates $50k to Baptist churches destroyed by arson​

View attachment 41336
Catholic parishes throughout the Diocese of Lafayette in Louisiana raised more than $50,000 for three black Baptist churches that were the targets of arson attacks that have been characterized as hate crimes.
source

Bluedragon, your Catholic bashing is INSANE.

Why does your Bible that most of the church never reads have 19 books instead of the 15 the rest of the Christian religion follows?

Why does your belief center around Mary being a pathway to heaven? She had children after Jesus ....You guys believe she was a virgin until death .....still praying to that statue?

We challenged a Priest in a Catholic church and he can't answer how Mary can answer prayer .....yet you guys gather around a statue and violate law ....

I'll not follow your pagan beliefs ...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary
Thank you for your interest. Your comment here reminds me of an old song:

Reactions: Illuminator

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your opinion amadeus.

Nowhere at no time ever is there one word or one paragraph or one chapter or one letter from any Apostle or Apostolic Father (student of an Apostle) written that ever suggest, implies, hints at etc. that reading Scripture is the same as 'partaking of the flesh of Jesus'.
I got it while reading and studying the scriptures myself.
Whatever man taught you that lied to you.

Mary

PS: Sorry to be so blunt but it hurts my soul to see good people like you being lied to.
No man ever taught me that. I only recall definitely knowing one person who believed as I do but he did not teach it to me. I am certain you will doubt me still when I say that God showed me. I know already what the Catholic Church believes about John 14:26.