Was Jesus/Yeshua born with a Sin Nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it so hard for people to accept that Jesus was born with a sinful nature? He could have went along with the temptations of the devil, wouldn’t that have been a sinful actions of he had done it?

Why do people strive so hard to defend this belief? That Jesus couldn’t have made the choice to have denied his Father?

He very much could have?

@stunnedbygrace i believe that but people need to understand it was the Word that was God who came into the flesh that was born and named Jesus. I’m not disagreeing at all with John 1:1 maybe you see it as that.

I don't know what has been going on in this thread, but I have a question for the OP poster to see after all these pages what he believes now.

Matthew, do you believe a born again Christian retains their sin nature?

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is Soul/Body/Flesh.

Only things good come from the Heavenly Father above, no produced by ourselves. Always comes from the Father by the spirit. The spirit helps us to live a more fuller life, compared to the Flesh. The flesh is temporary as the spirit is eternal. This flesh will die, and life will continue onward as all people are given the "Breathe of life" by God. People reap what they sow, be it to the flesh, or be it to the spirit. The flesh profits nothing, however those who lives by the spirit, shall live.

Reactions: Mr E

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is Soul/Body/Flesh.

Only things good come from the Heavenly Father above, no produced by ourselves. Always comes from the Father by the spirit. The spirit helps us to live a more fuller life, compared to the Flesh. The flesh is temporary as the spirit is eternal. This flesh will die, and life will continue onward as all people are given the "Breathe of life" by God. People reap what they sow, be it to the flesh, or be it to the spirit. The flesh profits nothing, however those who lives by the spirit, shall live.

Matthew, we actually have a spirit, soul and body. Don't use your own reasoning; use Scripture. You'll make less mistakes in the long-run. Scripture is our foundation.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Some call the body our flesh so you've duplicated it and left off our spirit, but in a spiritual sense according to Paul, our NATURE is what is born again, and that consists of our spirit and soul. The unborn again nature is what Paul calls "the flesh." It has nothing to do with the body. The body doesn't sin by itself. It is just a puppet to our nature. When Paul says we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit in Romans 8:9, he is not talking about after our body of flesh dies; he is talking about what Adam inherited from Satan when he sinned - a carnal nature.

When we are born again our spirit and soul are reborn as they together make up our nature. We can sense them as our mind and emotions.

1 Cor. 2:16 says we have been given the mind of Christ. Our emotions is what the Bible calls our heart. That is our soul and where God has written his laws. We now instinctually know right from wrong, so we establish the law. Romans 3:31. Through the power of Jesus and His Spirit we suddenly change from sinner to saint - a child of God.

God has made the new covenant of liberty very easy. Jesus says, "My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." All we have to do is always obey our conscience. 1 John 3:21. "If our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God." We love what God loves, and hate what God hates. He is in us. We become one.

We also have a human spirit, but not like Adam's after he sinned, but BEFORE. IOW we have free will. We are able to choose sin, but we don't want to. And the more you grow in the Spirit and His fruit, the more mature in Christ we become.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, well then quit it. :)

I would expect no less.

It's not your ministry but how you're going about it that seems to the issue. :)

Grace and peace to you.

LOL....It is not what you say....it is how you say it!
But the thing is I am not saying anything.....I am writing it......and all I get back is whining.

I do not explain the truth and then write....and that is it, you dirty rotten scoundrel!

You could challenge me? But nooooooo! I don't like the way you said that.....you are mean and arrogant! And your feet stink!

Do you want me to include "blow you kisses" emojis?

I love humor....it is all about how you respond!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He took upon his body, Sin of the World, Then Gave “THAT” body unto Death...
HOW...ALLOWED men to crucify Him.
WHAT...that accomplished...DEATH
WHAT...that DEATH accomplished...OVERCOMING SIN OF the WORLD.

John 16:
[33] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

It's like I am showing you are picture and you are looking in the other direction.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No kidding CHANGE is offered to manKIND.

The Changing IS the fixing!

* Forgiving disbelief IS fixing!
* Restoring the soul IS fixing!
* Quickening the spirit IS fixing!
* Glorifying the body IS fixing!

Jesus’ BODY, was PREPARED for Gods WORD, and SENT to Earth.
Jesus’ BODY, was NOT a Created HUMAN BODY OF DUST of the Earth.
Jesus’ BODY, did NOT suffer rot, decay, and return to DUST...
BECAUSE His BODY DID NOT COME FROM DUST of the Earth!
Jesus’ SOUL, DID NOT SUFFER DEATH.
Jesus’ SPIRIT, DID NOT SUFFER DEATH.
Jesus is, was, shall always BE SPIRIT without Beginning or Ending.

When men SAW Jesus, THEY SAW, His Outside, which was Expressly “prepared” in the “likeness” AS a man.

Men CALL things, AS THEY “SEE” them.
There is a Difference Between what men “SEE” and what men “KNOW”.
Do you “KNOW” Jesus “IS” the Christ?
Christ “IS” the Power, the Wisdom, the Seed of God...
Do you “BELIEVE” men LITERALLY VISIBLY SAW:
....Gods SEED?....Gods WISDOM?....Gods POWER?
No...
God IS Invisible to mans EYES.
Men HEAR the Knowledge, Believe it or not.
Men SEE the “EFFECTS” of Gods Seed, Gods Wisdom, Gods Power.

Numerous times in the OT, The WORD of God, was SENT to Earth, in the “likeness” AS a man, and Spoke face to face with Earthly men...
Long before The Word of God, was SENT to Earth, Revealed He “would be called”; the Son of God.

Bottom Line...

An individual man, WHO accepts Gods OFFERING OF:
Gods Forgiveness of the man;
Gods soul Restoration of the man;
Gods spirit Quickening of the man;
Gods body Glorification of the man;
* Shall Forever BE WITH the Lord God Almighty.
An individual man, WHO rejects Gods OFFERING;
* Shall Forever BE WITHOUT the Lord God Almighty.

God crucified the flesh - it cant be repaired, fixed only changed.

Hence Paul uses the words "put on!" - its new! not a repair of the old.

Yes, not Flesh and blood but Flesh and Spirit. Divine nature is entirely different to our current state.

Don't resist Taken...accept.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Taken

Romans 8:3

How did God condemn sin in the flesh of His Son?

Such an easy question to answer.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God crucified the flesh - it cant be repaired, fixed only changed.

Hence Paul uses the words "put on!" - its new! not a repair of the old.

Yes, not Flesh and blood but Flesh and Spirit. Divine nature is entirely different to our current state.

Don't resist Taken...accept.

LOL...no I don’t accept your teaching.

The body is the same body that becomes glorified.
The soul is the same soul restored.
The spirit is the new creature born of Gods Seed.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Taken We shall be changed.....

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Corinthians 15.52)

Reactions: BeyondET

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Taken We shall be changed.....

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Corinthians 15.52)
Correct.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

At your own peril!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, your eyes are glazed over staring aimlessly in the wrong direction.

Oh good grief. Your elementary projection of A HUMAN Christ Jesus, is not an interest to me. Your elementary accusations are irrelevant.
I am quite confidant following after you isn’t going to happen.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, we actually have a spirit, soul and body.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Correct..