Was Jesus/Yeshua born with a Sin Nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on guys

For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

I think being born in the likeness of sinful flesh means something different than being born in sinful flesh.

You can make an idol in the likeness of a bull. It does not mean it is a bull.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is correct! Joseph and Mary both came from the lineage of David.

Christ was born of Mary in that line of lineage in the flesh but not of the seed of man.

And Yes Paul still says this;

The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.

Romans 8:3

So therefore is it safe to say that Jesus had a sinful nature. Absolutely.

Many people are quick to say Jesus is God when he was in the manger as the little baby in the flesh was perfect, but The Word of God in that body was able to have the fullness of the Holy Spirit I dwell Him, in which the Father kept Jesus that the (word of God was encased in) from Sinning…

Now don’t get me wrong Jesus was Immanuel God with us as the word of God encased in the Flesh, but Jesus wasn’t Begotten until resurrection and I see Jesus as God now being the Lord God Almighty once that begotten had happened.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all for contributing to the thread and sharing your insights and your ideas of what you believe.

God bless I must get off here now, take care.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Yes Paul still says this;

The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.

Romans 8:3

So therefore is it safe to say that Jesus had a sinful nature. Absolutely.

Many people are quick to say Jesus is God when he was in the manger as the little baby in the flesh was perfect, but The Word of God in that body was able to have the fullness of the Holy Spirit I dwell Him, in which the Father kept Jesus that the (word of God was encased in) from Sinning…

Now don’t get me wrong Jesus was Immanuel God with us as the word of God encased in the Flesh, but Jesus wasn’t Begotten until resurrection and I see Jesus as God now being the Lord God Almighty once that begotten had happened.

LOL! If Christ had been born with a sin nature He could not have been the Saviour of the world!

He would Himself needed a Saviour.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He sure did share how to pray to the Father and he himself prayed the Father, The word of God being born in that fleshly body (named Jesus) had a ton of help from the word of God being inside of him, and the Holy Spirit of God also there within Him. Therefore Jesus never did sin, but he did die for all sins of the world, being raised again by Yahweh on the third day.

And we follow the same suit, going to die with Christ on the cross, burying our old man with Him, and being raised again with Christ, by faith, and now we too have the Holy Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ indwelling us.

Take care brothers and sisters. I do need to get off here.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He sure did share how to pray to the Father and he himself prayed the Father, The word of God being born in that fleshly body (named Jesus) had a ton of help from the word of God being inside of him, and the Holy Spirit of God also there within Him. Therefore Jesus never did sin, but he did die for all sins of the world, being raised again by Yahweh on the third day.

And we follow the same suit, going to die with Christ on the cross, burying our old man with Him, and being raised again with Christ, by faith, and now we too have the Holy Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ indwelling us.

Take care brothers and sisters. I do need to get off here.

But the fact remains, if Christ had a sin nature He too was fallen man and needed a Saviour.

Whoever you are listening to has filled you with lies!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always pains me to see men arguing that Jesus was sinful flesh after He left the glory He shared and made Himself nothing in order to save them.

But I see that if you begin to build with bad measurements, the structure you build becomes a teetering and unsound building.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always pains me to see men arguing that Jesus was sinful flesh after He left the glory He shared and made Himself nothing in order to save them.

But I see that if you begin to build with bad measurements, the structure you build becomes a teetering and unsound building.

It’s not arguing it is just sharing truth.

Why else would Jesus say why do you call me good? There is only one who is Good that is God.

Listen it doesn’t really matter but at the same time it does matter. People miss the fact by saying the flesh of Jesus was God as though it was perfect in every way. It was the Word of God inside of Him and the Holy Spirit and the Father helping the (fleshly body is Jesus) not to sin…

See if Jesus didn’t have a sin nature then why do people say he is God if God cannot be tempted?

If Jesus was literally God in his flesh then he could have never died, and he could never be tempted at all.

Reactions: Mr E

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not arguing it is just sharing truth.

Why else would Jesus say why do you call me good? There is only one who is Good that is God.

Listen it doesn’t really matter but at the same time it does matter. People miss the fact by saying the flesh of Jesus was God as though it was perfect in every way. It was the Word of God inside of Him and the Holy Spirit and the Father helping the (fleshly body is Jesus) not to sin…

See if Jesus didn’t have a sin nature then why do people say he is God if God cannot be tempted?

If Jesus was literally God in his flesh then he could have never died, and he could never be tempted at all.

The entire purpose of Christ being born of the Spirit was that He would not be fallen man with a sin nature as we are.

And along comes Matthew with his heresy he learned from a false teacher!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The over all notion is this,

The Word of God came down and was born into Mary by the Holy Spirit and the power of on high overshadowed her, Mary was also human she had a sin nature to, she had to go with her husband and sacrifice for their sins, they followed the law of Moses biblically.

Therefore the Word of God was within the womb of Mary, and was made just like us in flesh. The flesh could still sin, so people who are trying to remove the “sin nature factor of Jesus” is doing something strange with the reality of how the flesh is… it is sinful, and always has been otherwise…

If this flesh is not sinful and is not capable of denying God at any moment then how did Adam and Eve Sin? God gave them the ability to choose to either listen to him or not listen to Him.

The same thing for Jesus, he was given the ability to choose to listen to Him or not listen to Him, and the very Word of God within the body of Jesus chose to listen to the Father; and the Holy Spirit of God was also there to help Jesus never sin…

It wasn’t that he never sinned because he didn’t have a sin nature it was because he did, and he had the choice in the flesh to allow his own Will to be and deny the Fathers all together and chose fully to the Fathers Will…

You see what is being said here? Did Jesus ever sin? No he didn’t. Was Jesus tempted? Absolutely, did he ever submit to sin? No he did not…

But people are gonna believe how they are going to it doesn’t matter to me, we are saved by grace through faith because of everything Jesus done that none us could ever do for us, so praise be the Father, and let’s thank him for the glory of His Son…

God bless hope you read all this, have a good day.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the beginning, that first light spoken of before the sun and moon, is the first thing God “saw was good.” John tells us that light was Jesus.

So there is a different way to see the verse you quoted.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My overall summary is found in post #52.

What people choose to believe doesn’t matter to me. You’re saved by grace through faith in the one who died was buried and raised again.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Word of God came down and was born into Mary by the Holy Spirit and the power of on high overshadowed her, Mary was also human she had a sin nature to, she had to go with her husband and sacrifice for their sins, they followed the law of Moses biblically.

Therefore the Word of God was within the womb of Mary, and was made just like us in flesh. The flesh could still sin, so people who are trying to remove the “sin nature factor of Jesus” is doing something strange with the reality of how the flesh is… it is sinful, and always has been otherwise…

If this flesh is not sinful and is not capable of denying God at any moment then how did Adam and Eve Sin? God gave them the ability to choose to either listen to him or not listen to Him.

The same thing for Jesus, he was given the ability to choose to listen to Him or not listen to Him, and the very Word of God within the body of Jesus chose to listen to the Father; and the Holy Spirit of God was also there to help Jesus never sin…

It wasn’t that he never sinned because he didn’t have a sin nature it was because he did, and he had the choice in the flesh to allow his own Will to be and deny the Fathers all together and chose fully to the Fathers Will…

You see what is being said here? Did Jesus ever sin? No he didn’t. Was Jesus tempted? Absolutely, did he ever submit to sin? No he did not…

But people are gonna believe how they are going to it doesn’t matter to me, we are saved by grace through faith because of everything Jesus done that none us could ever do for us, so praise be the Father, and let’s thank him for the glory of His Son…

Man, I don't think I have ever seen anyone as confused as you are!

If what you say is true, the virgin birth was not necessary! It would not have mattered if Christ was born of the seed of man with a sin nature.

So I wonder why that happened?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what you say is true, the virgin birth was not necessary! It would not have mattered if Christ was born of the seed of man with a sin nature.

So I wonder why that happened?

The Logos of God was born from Heaven, by the Holy Spirit Charlie but born in flesh… named Jesus what is so confusing about that?

Why do you believe I’m confused and what is your fix to what is being said? if you would like to share your view with me sir…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me Jesus had two natures, spiritual and fleshly nature. We have the same thing today, we have our fleshly nature, and we have the spiritual nature when a person is born again.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Logos of was born from Heaven, Charlie but born in flesh… named Jesus what is so confusing about that?

Why do you believe I’m confused and what is your fix to what is being said if you would like to share your view with me sir…

All you have to do is explain why Christ was born of the Spirit, the virgin birth, and not born by the seed of man.

If you can explain that biblically then I will believe you! Don't give me a theory from one of your teachers.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

You have to include the linage of David, too if your going to do it right and teach correctly. The logos of God, was also born in flesh named Jesus from the line of David with Mary being his mother.

What was Jesus just a spirit floating around to you my friend? Let’s be realistic here. He had a fleshly body, he was tempted, he was capable of sinning… but he never did.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my overall summary of the thing I believe, you don’t have to believe it, you can call me crazy it doesn’t matter; just search it out and see if it biblically true or not. May the spirit guide.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

You have to include the linage of David, too if your going to do it right and teach correctly. The logos of God, was also born in flesh named Jesus from the line of David with Mary being his mother.

What was Jesus just a spirit floating around to you my friend? Let’s be realistic here. He had a fleshly body, he was tempted, he was capable of sinning… but he never did.

And what has that to do with the question I asked you?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace