Watchout out for this

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
The sinners prayer is that of repentance. Also in most churches it is popular for an unbeliever to become a "believer" by repeating a prayer. For example a person instructs an unbeliever to repeat after them. The little prayer usually consists of "forgive me of my sins and come into my heart". It's just the blind leading the blind in my opinion.I believe that it is a joke and a waste of time. True repentance comes when a person comes to God face to face and the conviction of the Holy Spirit causes the sinner to break down into tears and even convulsions. Some people may say that this is too traditional, but if you're not on your knees pleading for mercy, then chances are that you're not saved and you're just another carnal christian. I'm sick and tired of people going through the fake salvation process and turning out into liberal believers who "love" Jesus, but know nothing nor care about scripture and major doctrines.I believe that the true repentance is the line that separates the people walking in the wide path from the people who walk in the narrow path. God did say that many "believers" will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Only the true believers will.Matthew 7:22,23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
If any of you have scripture regarding true salvation, I would appreciate you for posting it.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Wakka;56491)
The sinners prayer is that of repentance. Also in most churches it is popular for an unbeliever to become a "believer" by repeating a prayer. For example a person instructs an unbeliever to repeat after them. The little prayer usually consists of "forgive me of my sins and come into my heart". It's just the blind leading the blind in my opinion.I believe that it is a joke and a waste of time. True repentance comes when a person comes to God face to face and the conviction of the Holy Spirit causes the sinner to break down into tears and even compulsions. Some people may say that this is too traditional, but if you're not on your knees pleading for mercy, then chances are that you're not saved and you're just another carnal christian. I'm sick and tired of people going through the fake salvation process and turning out into liberal believers who "love" Jesus, but know nothing nor care about scripture and major doctrines.I believe that the true repentance is the line that separates the people walking in the wide path from the people who walk in the narrow path. God did say that many "believers" will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Only the true believers will.Matthew 7:22,23If any of you have scripture regarding true salvation, I would appreciate you for posting it.
Did the man on the cross next to Christ not make it then? Seems like he said a fairly simple statement and didn't "break down into tears and even compulsions." I think I will leave it up to God to judge.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I'm talking about the people who get talked into fake repentance. I know what it's like, I was there. The process is wrong, because with true repentance, the Holy Spirit works through you. He makes you realize the seriousness of sin, and that way you really repent. The man on the cross is different because he was actually there physically with Jesus.Fake repentance is someone taking you through a little prayer. A little prayer that's just words with little meaning. It's hard for me to explain, but there is a huge difference between the two. One is the working of the Holy Spirit, the other is not, it's something less.Also setfree, I think I was the one that originally introduced this forum to Paul Washer
tongue.gif

jeffhughes

Jul 27, 2008
The prayer isn't meant to have meaning. It's the meaning that the people who pray it, put into it. And you're right, sometimes it is fake. But man looks at the outward appearance, while God looks at the heart. So just because someone doesn't break down and cry or go into compulsions (convulsions?), doesn't mean that they are not sincere...

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I'm just saying that it doesn't do them a bill of good if they first don't understand the seriousness of sin, and of they don't understand John 3:16.The flesh hates God, and if it's not for the working of the Holy Spirit, man wouldn't even want to repent.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Wakka;56514)
I'm just saying that it doesn't do them a bill of good if they first don't understand the seriousness of sin, and of they don't understand John 3:16.The flesh hates God, and if it's not for the working of the Holy Spirit, man wouldn't even want to repent.
Sorry, wakka, I will still pray to the Father instead of you.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(tomwebster;56531)
Sorry, wakka, I will still pray to the Father instead of you.
What??

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Wakka;56505)
Also setfree, I think I was the one that originally introduced this forum to Paul Washer
tongue.gif
I must have missed it! I read on another forum about him, I do not remember you mentioning him....anyway I think his sermon was awesome. I do believe that there are a lot of people that say the prayer without believing in their heart.....We are not saved by head knowledge ...it is a heart change!