We all know God, even atheists...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I’m just giving you my experience and trying to make sense of it. When God called my name, I knew him and realized that I previously knew him somehow. We knew each other. It was like a reunion from an old friend is what it felt like. And I do not think I am anything special. I think he knows us all. That Jewish tale sure made sense to me.

Of course, since God was there before us to create us, whenever we did get created He was there whether we realized it or not. So when looking back we might, and probably should, be able to figure out in retrospect that He was indeed there, because He was. Never-the-less, to think we realized things when we were not even created to realize anything just doesn't make sense. It would thus be our imagination and not the truth!!

Jesus Christ is the truth, and He is not our imagination! Our imagination leads us to all sorts of crazy thinking, as can easily be seen at any movie theatre. It's not that I don't like watching movies and some of the crazy things men's imagination can come up with, but that is different that know Jesus Christ!

Although, I admit that when trying to tell people about the Lord and His small voice, it can sound like I am using my imagination. Indeed, there have been plenty of times I heard something from Him thinking that must be my imagination! Then things came to pass that again showed me that He is not my imagination! There is something written about 'when it comes to pass you will know it is God', in the Bible. And this type of thing regularly happens - like just this last week the Lord was telling me that my son was going to get a number of new signings for my son's college soccer team. It did seem like it was going to happen, but suddenly, just like the Lord had told me, a number of players he was hoping to get by thought they would choose other colleges just started calling him and committing. Indeed, at one point one called him and two minutes later another called him.

Now I look back and realize that He always knew what was going to happen, and indeed He must be involved in all things. It is written that He holds all things together with His hands, and the more I listen to Him the more I am aware that He does indeed. Still, that doesn't mean I knew Him before I knew anything, mean before I was created! It just means that He knows ahead of time what He is going to have happen. Thus, He knew me before He created me. It was part of His plan. And if a painter has an idea of what he is going to paint before painting it; how much more does God know what He is going to do before He does it. Thus, He knew me before He created me, but that does not mean I knew Him before I was created to know anything! That would not be true!