We are dropping the pentagram.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we not meant to call out those who we see as harming the Church with their self made religions and jumped up opinions. Edward calls himself 'Edward Christ' which means Edward Messiah. Does that not need to be shown up as, at best wrong and misguided and at worst evil.

Oh come on, he’s not harming the church. He’s running to and fro deciding which decals to put on his tricycle and how to rearrange them and which ones to take back off. I don’t mean to sound mean to him, but really, he’s harming the church? I don’t think so.

Reactions: APAK

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at it this way:

"Abide in Me, and I in you."

This means that he resides within us, not that we become him. "The Kingdom of Christ is within us."

Let me put it in the most simplistic way I can:

If I drink water, do I become water?

No, I have water in me and I am sustained of my thirst because I drank the water.

The difference is with the living water, we are never thirsty again. But we ourselves are not the water.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was not saying that he was God. You have to read the full context of that scripture (Philippians 1) and remember that he was writing this letter while in prison, suffering persecution.

What Paul was saying was everything he was doing was for the sake of Christ, therefore Christ was magnified through him, and that it was worth the risk of death for the sake of the gospel.

I believe Jesus is God, but if we went into that right now it would derail this entire thread and there are so, so many probably 100s of pages long.
What "full context of that scripture?"

Paul was talking about life and death--his, and he makes it perfectly clear. Not that to live is like Christ, not that to live is of Christ, not that to live is for Christ, not even for him to live "is" Christ...but simply and very directly "Christ."

There is no wiggle room there. "Him", "Christ." Period.

But, again, this is a hard thing, a hard saying-- similar, if not exactly the same as Jesus claiming to be the Son of God. By what is written of Christ, we should know better than to make the same mistake with Paul...or others, even ourselves.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "full context of that scripture?"

Paul was talking about life and death--his, and he makes it perfectly clear. Not that to live is like Christ, not that to live is of Christ, not that to live is for Christ, not even for him to live "is" Christ...but simply and very directly "Christ."

There is no wiggle room there. "Him", "Christ." Period.

But, again, this is a hard thing, a hard saying-- similar, if not exactly the same as Jesus claiming to be the Son of God. By what is written of Christ, we should know better than to make the same mistake with Paul...or others, even ourselves.

I'm just going to respond the easy way because honestly they explain things far better than myself.

What does it mean "to live is Christ" (Philippians 1:21)? | GotQuestions.org

Reactions: Cassandra and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh come on, he’s not harming the church. He’s running to and fro deciding which decals to put on his tricycle and how to rearrange them and which ones to take back off. I don’t mean to sound mean to him, but really, he’s harming the church? I don’t think so.
So do you not think that all cults pertaining to have the truth - a truth of a different and false gospel - are harmless too?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tsk. The man is all over the place and now taking suggestions from you guys, who he still claims don’t know anything. He’s just a child building a tree fort. Now he’s removing this piece, now he’s adding that piece.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are the teachings of men, that simply echo your own idea of what is meant. Which is to assume things that are not in the scriptures.

Again, it simply says: "Me" "to live" "Christ." That is all, nothing more, nothing less.

1 Cor 11:1
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

Why would a person claim to follow the example of something they already consider themselves to be?

And yes it does echo - it is the primary understanding of the scripture in most churches.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tsk. The man is all over the place and now taking suggestions from you guys, who he still claims don’t know anything. He’s just a child building a tree fort. Now he’s removing this piece, now he’s adding that piece.
Perhaps you're right. But I still think he needs to hear what is being said to him. People going around starting their own brand of religion is just wrong and there have been plenty in the past. They entice vulnerable people who falsely believe in the truth of what they are taught and build their hopes of eternity and salvation on untruths. It is so sad to see people who are sincere in their misguided beliefs led astray by men like Edward Gordon and the like. My cousin has followed the false teaching of the Watchtower Organisation for most of her life. She knew we are Christians but believed in the false gospel she had been taught. She died the other day. She had a false hope but I hope that God will be kind to her as she was so sincere and kind but a victim of untrue teaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.