We are dropping the pentagram.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’m still confused and what is being said.

1. Is Edward saying that he’s Christ or God?
2. Is he saying that we all are Christ or Gods? Individually as Gods not as a group or a body?
3. Or are we In-Christ?

I believe the third.

If one is "in Christ" then they "are Christ." Do understand that I differentiate between Christ and Jesus Christ. People have talents to use as Christ. Jesus is the firstborn Christ. He is the savior of the world. He sits at the right hand of the Father. But he is different in degree from others who are in Christ, not in kind.

Does the bride marry itself? What is the purpose of a groom?

And what did Jesus say about marriage? That they would become one flesh. Same with spirit. We become one with the groom.

If we eventually become Christ, then is He no longer necessary for our salvation? We shall be able to save ourselves, and his blood will be of no use to us.

We are elected by God. We die to ourselves and become one with Christ. Salvation is complete. But we must participate in the Veridican Eucharist. It's the only one of its kind. We have to use, literally, miracle-working faith to transubstantiate the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ and consume it. We have to do that. It's not enough just to think it. We have to do it.

Gordon, if we are going to have a serious discussion, you gotta cut it out with these insulting things. I agree with him that you teach spiritually dangerous things and I have from the start. That doesn't mean I'm crazy. Let's keep this one free of insults if at all possible. I'd like to have a civil discussion on theology in this thread.

No. Sorry, I have to use my emojies. And imagine YOU telling people not to be insulting. Could you be any more hypocritical?
shocking.gif

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
PARD , you infected with new age panthesim . A COKE CAN AINT GOD

Really? It's not? What is it, then?
unsure.gif

You worship creation .

What?

I would not be suprised if you beleive muslims , atheists , buddist all worship the same GOD
In different ways . You go ahead and answer that . DO you beleive that .

Nope. They're all going to perish.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you don't like it, it's because you're too ignorant to see the truth. That's the bottom line.
This is rich. But it also has a tinge of Gnosticism. However, to each his own. If you are convinced that you are on the right track, then no one should interfere, since freedom of religion is a part of human rights and freedoms. But for Christians all your beliefs are in conflict with Bible Christianity.

As we can see on this (and other Christian forums) the warfare between Light and Darkness is a daily battle.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We don't canonize them because we only canonize the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. That doesn't mean I don't respect their opinions.
If you discount the books and epistle in the bible then you are missing a whole lot of truths and limiting the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did all of these things and I probably used every excuse "according to the Bible" (its not, they twist it and make it seem that way to fit their fantasies) like you are- and I'm ashamed to say right down this pentagram talk.

I also had to learn the truth. And the truth is I was deceived by people who refused to believe the truth because their new age practices are deceiving and feed the flesh.

Admit it. It makes you feel powerful, entertained, and life more interesting. That's the flesh and it is deceptive.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

Would it all be worth it to hear the words? "And then will I profess unto them, I never. knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

If you think about nothing else I said, think about that last one.

Perfect.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
IMO, you and others are unnecessarily hostile to this new poster.
Are we not meant to call out those who we see as harming the Church with their self made religions and jumped up opinions. Edward calls himself 'Edward Christ' which means Edward Messiah. Does that not need to be shown up as, at best wrong and misguided and at worst evil.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A reminder to put on the full Armour of God.
Great point! I was thinking of this too when I got wrapped in the personalities. Let's refresh ourselves as we ponder the OP. In short, don't let anything take away the peace that comes from the righteous truth, which is our salvation in Christ through faith and prayer.

#1 Belt of Truth
#2 Breastplate of Righteousness
#3 Sandals with the Gospel of Peace
#4 Shield of Faith
#5 Helmet of Salvation
#6 Sword of the Spirit
#7 Prayer

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you discount the books and epistle in the bible then you are missing a whole lot of truths and limiting the Holy Spirit.

He must discount and remove them because they contradict his message. This is a common tactic among fringe and cult-like movements. There are some who are just the opposite, they wish to discount the Gospels and ignore them as they conflict with their hyper-grace movement. They put blinders on and try to claim that only Paul's epistles are necessary. We can only pray that they find the truth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we not meant to call out those who we see as harming the Church with their self made religions and jumped up opinions. Edward calls himself 'Edward Christ' which means Edward Messiah. Does that not need to be shown up as, at best wrong and misguided and at worst evil.

This theme of correcting people has come up a lot recently. I'm reminded of how mild Michael's rebuke was of the Angel of Persia; that the Lord will rebuke you. He had a lot more reason to condemn his opponent than we do.

Jesus was more condemning of self-righteous religious people than he even was of demons. (Jesus granted their request to go into pigs rather than the Pit). In short, let's disagree with Edward agreeably.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This theme of correcting people has come up a lot recently. I'm reminded of how mild Michael's rebuke was of the Angel of Persia; that the Lord will rebuke you. He had a lot more reason to condemn his opponent than we do.

Jesus was more condemning of self-righteous religious people than he even was of demons. (Jesus granted their request to go into pigs rather than the Pit). In short, let's disagree with Edward agreeably.
maturity and a cool head..way to go!

Reactions: Wrangler

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great point! I was thinking of this too when I got wrapped in the personalities. Let's refresh ourselves as we ponder the OP. In short, don't let anything take away the peace that comes from the righteous truth, which is our salvation in Christ through faith and prayer.

#1 Belt of Truth
#2 Breastplate of Righteousness
#3 Sandals with the Gospel of Peace
#4 Shield of Faith
#5 Helmet of Salvation
#6 Sword of the Spirit
#7 Prayer
Edward won't know about those verses because he discounts all scripture apart from the gospels

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on guys, do your job and ban @Edward Gordon from posting on here, because he is posting anti Christian messages and this is dangerous and you are not protecting the Christian members by allowing this to continue.

I know @amigo de christo will agree with me, because he has already said this and has tried to help this fella. But he isn’t listening.

Edward, you are on my prayer list.
Such a wide brush would have to include many more than Edward Gordon (whom I would rather take to task than ban).

The problem with eliminating everyone who has taken a misguided half step, even those who have come up with their own doctrine, and come here or anywhere else...is that would be like Jesus condemning Israel for crucifying Him. But no, He prayed, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." Which of course does not encompass all, even demons. But a seeker knowing only part, does not mean they are a demon to be cast out as if by Pharisees.

It is good of you to pray.

Reactions: APAK

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't canonize them because we only canonize the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. That doesn't mean I don't respect their opinions.

If your spirit is "in" Christ's spirit, then you are Christ. That doesn't mean you're Jesus Christ. It means you are Christ.

I already posted a bunch of them up there in my reply to you.

I've read this three times now, and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say.

No. That was Jesus Christ.

That's a non sequitur. Jesus says there are deceivers who will come and say they are Christ. I'm not deceiving you, and here's how you know I'm not: I don't tell you I am Edward Christ, and you are not, therefore you should follow me. I tell you YOU should be Christ like I am and follow the Teacher, Jesus Christ.
Okay. Thank you so much for taking the time to read through. Sometimes people just flat out refuse to take the time when they disagree, so I appreciate the listening.

I think I understand where this may be coming from, is it where Jesus quotes Psalm 82:6?

That quote in 82:6 was a rebuke towards Jewish leaders, a mocking, but not claiming that we are little gods.

Isaiah 45:22 is probably the most clear verse for your answer:

“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other."

So we are not God, or gods, but his spirit can abide with us.

Hope that gives some clarity.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will be like Him but we will NOT be God .....and we are not God now.
You are adding to the scripture.
Okay. Thank you so much for taking the time to read through. Sometimes people just flat out refuse to take the time when they disagree, so I appreciate the listening.

I think I understand where this may be coming from, is it where Jesus quotes Psalm 82:6?

That quote in 82:6 was a rebuke towards Jewish leaders, a mocking, but not claiming that we are little gods.

Isaiah 45:22 is probably the most clear verse for your answer:

“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other."

So we are not God, or gods, but his spirit can abide with us.

Hope that gives some clarity.

I know this is a difficult matter, but Paul said, "For to me, to live is Christ." ...Do you also mean to speak against Paul then, or against Jesus, that He too is NOT God, or One with the Father?

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are adding to the scripture.

Paul said, "For to me, to live is Christ." ...Do you also mean to speak against Paul then, or against Jesus, that He too is NOT God?
Paul was not saying that he was God. You have to read the full context of that scripture (Philippians 1) and remember that he was writing this letter while in prison, suffering persecution.

What Paul was saying was everything he was doing was for the sake of Christ, therefore Christ was magnified through him, and that it was worth the risk of death for the sake of the gospel.

I believe Jesus is God, but if we went into that right now it would derail this entire thread and there are so, so many probably 100s of pages long.

Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.