WE ARE NOT SAVED BY WORKS...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was speaking more...one believer to another in the question. I'm speaking very practically among believers, who know what murder is and see that they have anger and resentment and see that it is murder and see that they cant seem to stop or get rid of the resentments. How do they DO what the word says?
Have you spotted anyone here who you think has anger and resentment . If so kindly tell them .
Often we can mistake correction , grave correction as resentment when in truth its just correction .
Often also it might be resentment . Thus my advice is , if you are seeing or think you are seeing resentment
call it out specifically.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the SPIRIT .
The Spirit would also have us stirring one another up with all things , all reminders JESUS did teach .
For GOD works among the believers . Love also corrects . Love desires none to perish .
Thus it would for sure correct anyone in an error .

But I received a downpayment of the Spirit and I still could see I was murdering. It was truly wretched for me because I was doing what I did not want to do, and the harder I tried to stop having anger and resentments in my heart, the worse I became. I went on that way for over 14 years. I saw others in the same boat. Some denied they were in the boat, but truly, we were all in the same boat, stuck at that point where, as Paul said, oh wretched man that I am, who will save me from this wretched man?? Must i always do what i dont want to do??

Reactions: Truman

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
People say that we are not saved by works.
That there is nothing that we do on our own that can save us.
People say this all the time...but is it true...or does the statement mean something that is misunderstood. Lets put in motion.

Billy is not a Christian. He is sitting on his couch watching a football game. Happy go luck and he is not thinking about Christianity and the only thing he is doing is eating chips and drinking tea.

So the question is, how does Billy get saved without works?...He is not thinking anything in particular and not doing anything. So how does it happen?
That whole idea is wrong. It comes from people who misunderstood the text. When Paul says we are not saved by works, he's referring to the Law of Moses. The context will show us that. The problem is that people take passages of Scriputre out of context and just make them say whatever they want them to say.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pray this prayer instead . LORD give me grace to endure no matter what comes against me . God hears the prayers
of that which is pleasing in His sight . And let us pray HIS WILL be done .
Regulators and contenders of the true faith , MOUNT UP , ARMOUR UP
for we have us a nasty false gospel , which is no gospel , abounding in these last days .
Its known as the all inclusive social gospel . It claims everyone , no matter what religion or god they follow
knows GOD and is saved , IF they have love and good works . But this is a lie .
FOR any love that comes from GOD desires none to perish and thus it would tell other religoins , YE must BELEIVE IN CHRIST
to be saved . Its a tricky one on how it starts .
WE must cling only to the original gospel , by which ye are saved , IF YOU KEEP IT IN MEMORY .
This other go spell is a lie and very deadly . For it does not say one must confess JESUS by mouth and beleive from the heart
that GOD has raised HIM from the dead to be saved . IT speaks a false love lie . Be on guard truman . ITS EVERYWHERE .
I hear or see the word; therefore I think the word; therefore I speak the word; therefore it is etched into my heart.
I start off speaking the word to believe it in my heart; I end up speaking the word because I believe it in my heart. Romans 10:8-10

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I received a downpayment of the Spirit and I still could see I was murdering. It was truly wretched for me because I was doing what I did not want to do, and the harder I tried to stop having anger and resentments in my heart, the worse I became. I went on that way for over 14 years. I saw others in the same boat. Some denied they were in the boat, but truly, we were all in the same boat, stuck at that point where, as Paul said, oh wretched man that I am, who will save me from this wretched man?? Must i always do what i dont want to do??
Good thing for us, we know Him who saves us from ourselves. Thank You, Jesus, for loving us! :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to go to the dentist. I will be back. I cant think of a single place I'd rather be than talking with you guys. I will come back and tell you what happened to me regarding my murdering and what was holding me back.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If that's the way you look at it, fine. So the question is, still, what good thing do you have that was not given to you by God?
Thank You, God, for the gift of myself! I used to hate myself; I was convinced that I was unlovable.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please don't help me, I've fallen in love again...with my Savior. LOL :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have to go to the dentist. I will be back. I cant think of a single place I'd rather be than talking with you guys. I will come back and tell you what happened to me regarding my murdering and what was holding me back.
I've got to finish getting my upper teeth extracted this month and get my upper plate...for me, going to the dentist is murder!
No happy face this time. The saving grace, so to speak, is that he has a really kind nurse.
My oral surgeon treats my mouth like a piece of meat...but with surgical precision.
I don't know if he's ever had a case of the nerves.
Which helps me keep calm.
Please pray for me.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...I know you will get through it, but boy is it miserable. So sorry you have to go through that. But once they're all out, what relief you will have!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, as I said, I went over 14 years in that misery. But during that time He did grow my trust and practice me in it. A lot of harassment’s came to me, but I began to hold up under them and to start saying, nope, not gonna happen, I’m insisting on trust rather than worry, and I don’t care if the entire world thinks I’m an idiot. I don’t even care if I myself think I’m an idiot. My harassment’s were mostly over literal monetary poverty and I know we don’t all have that exact harassment but no matter what temporal thing the harassment’s are about, they are ALL the harassment to worry rather than trust. the harassment’s would make me really weary. And at the same time, the anger and resentments were a harassment on top of the harassment’s to not trust.

I can look back now and see it all was a lack of trust and it all stemmed from a lack of trust. I also was trying to perfect and finish myself what began by the Spirit, but that also stemmed from lack of trust.

anyway, one day, all my passions were calmed and I suddenly was free from all my enemies. Biggest miracle I’ve ever seen yet. I insisted only on trust rather than worry. The most astounding wisdom I can share is: don’t worry about anything and pray and trust about everything.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What must we do to WORK the WORKS OF GOD . BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST . PEROID .
For by HIM we are given that HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM , and by that SPIRIT we now work the works of GOD and do the things
well pleasing in HIS SIGHT . SIMPLY BELIEVE IN THE GLORIOUS LORD JESUS CHRIST .
But mark these words well , IF the jesus ya following contradicts the one in that bible , if the teachers you follow
contradict the apostels letters , YA BEEN DUPED . LEARN THOSE BIBLES WELL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh emmm geeee.
Come on, really ?

Works...............
Of one's thinking that they can earn favour from God by praying 3 times a day facing East, taking the Eucharist every time they attend mass, confession to a priest, being baptised from birth or in a church, fasting until they are so weak they cannot stand, ect

Works of the flesh are motivated by the flesh. Motives of the heart are works of God through his Spirit.

Defining words is a good start but it must be through the Spirit.

Jesus called the Pharisees whited sepulchres........clean on the outside full of filth on the inside.

Hearing the Word leads to belief in God by the Holy Spirit. How can they hear except they be sent ? Who is sent ? Those that are called to share the gospel of Christ. Who is that ? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US WHO BELIEVE & FOLLOW GOD !

Is there toooooooo much we can do for God as he tells us ?

We are to follow God and do as he instructs by his word for it displays his works. The traditions of man will only get one tired and used up in self.