WE ARE NOT SAVED BY WORKS...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amigo,

That is not my place to judge. Only Jesus can judge our hearts..

Personally, I don't think anyone who humbles themselves and hopes in Jesus will put to shame..

But I do believe we will be called to account for that which is given to us..

'to him who has been given much, much is expected'

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Thanks for answering my friend .

Reactions: Philip James

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Suffering Necessary part of Salvation!

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
Mathew 16:24 Luke 9:23 There are few of us here that talk like this. Let me guess: you get accused of works-based salvation, of recrucifying Christ. I understand sanctification, a process, to be for the healing of our souls. I'd like to compare notes, if you'd like to talk sometime. Truman.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
done!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There are a lot of nice people here that don't see this.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
There is nothing that Christ and the Apostles told us to do, that falls under the category of "works" not even Good Deeds. It is an old concern that occurred with the Protestant reformation. see post 185
If you were honest, you cannot even make a thoughtful decision that is not considered a "work".

Some silly preacher centuries ago changed "works of the law" with just any ol work.

What a silly man that duped silly believers that cannot and refuse to figure that out.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you do not have a single thing that God has not given you, including your trust, your next breath of oxygen and what energy you have. He can open eyes or put blindness on eyes. I beg you to be careful and think about what you have and who is the giver of all you have and then you will not talk about any works but the work of God in you and toward you.
Does God repent through us?

Or, does He give us the ability to do it on our own?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God repent through us?

Or, does He give us the ability to do it on our own?

Can a blind man repent? Can a man who cant see his evil repent? Does it take trust in God to repent?
You were given your sight and you were given your trust (faith). God gives a man a measure of faith. By those, you were led to repent. What will you now take credit for, sir, and with what will you now dare to judge others who are blind as you were?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a blind man repent? Can a man who cant see his evil repent? Does it take trust in God to repent?
You were given your sight and you were given your trust (faith). God gives a man a measure of faith. By those, you were led to repent. What will you now take credit for, sir?
Does God believe for us since He gives us faith?

Do we also give gifts freely?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or despisest thou the goodness of GOD which leadeth thee to repentance .
I remember day one well . I did not lead me to Christ nor change my heart . GOD DID . IT was indeed His marvelous
grace that even led me to Christ and changed my heart .
Now let us heed the Spirit and not the flesh .

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He gives us the ability to respond...it's called free will.
It's been some time since I've begged Him to take it back.
Proof that He's getting somewhere with me. :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who have the Spirit it too would unction us to stir one another up daily lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .
Often folks accuse those who remind us to be hearers and doers , to continue in Christ to the end , as be legalists .
When in truth its the Spirit at work , as it was in paul and others who also reminded the church to continue to the end
and to not err . FOR GOD knows how to keep the church safe and growing . Every warning written
was done so by men who had the Spirit . Just as Christ had reminded , so did they . So do lambs .
For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold our confidence we had at the beginning Firm to the end .
That too was written under the influence of the Spirit . Let us keep in memory the one true gospel and be hearers and doers of the Word .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's the way you look at it, fine. So the question is, still, what good thing do you have that was not given to you by God?

Reactions: Truman

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He gives us the ability to respond...it's called free will.
It's been some time since I've begged Him to take it back.
Proof that He's getting somewhere with me. :)
Pray this prayer instead . LORD give me grace to endure no matter what comes against me . God hears the prayers
of that which is pleasing in His sight . And let us pray HIS WILL be done .
Regulators and contenders of the true faith , MOUNT UP , ARMOUR UP
for we have us a nasty false gospel , which is no gospel , abounding in these last days .
Its known as the all inclusive social gospel . It claims everyone , no matter what religion or god they follow
knows GOD and is saved , IF they have love and good works . But this is a lie .
FOR any love that comes from GOD desires none to perish and thus it would tell other religoins , YE must BELEIVE IN CHRIST
to be saved . Its a tricky one on how it starts .
WE must cling only to the original gospel , by which ye are saved , IF YOU KEEP IT IN MEMORY .
This other go spell is a lie and very deadly . For it does not say one must confess JESUS by mouth and beleive from the heart
that GOD has raised HIM from the dead to be saved . IT speaks a false love lie . Be on guard truman . ITS EVERYWHERE .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who have the Spirit it too would unction us to stir one another up daily lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .
Often folks accuse those who remind us to be hearers and doers , to continue in Christ to the end , as be legalists .
When in truth its the Spirit at work , as it was in paul and others who also reminded the church to continue to the end
and to not err . FOR GOD knows how to keep the church safe and growing . Every warning written
was done so by men who had the Spirit . Just as Christ had reminded , so did they . So do lambs .
For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold our confidence we had at the beginning Firm to the end .
That too was written under the influence of the Spirit . Let us keep in memory the one true gospel and be hearers and doers of the Word .

How will a man DO the word and not murder?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's the way you look at it, fine. So the question is, still, what good thing do you have that was not given to you by God?
That is a good question . and the answer is Nothing . God alone, by grace alone drew us to Christ , changed our hearts
and gave gifts unto men . There is nothing good in man , save the HOLY SPIRIT which is given Him from God .
And i take that to the grave .

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will a man DO the word and not murder?
Very good question indeed . But if any man has the SPIRIT they would have confessed Christ as savoir .
For GOD does not draw us to other religoins . And even as a wicked vile sin loving man
i had quite a few good works i could still do . I could hug and love on folks , i could give to the poor .
BUT i was lost in sin and darkness . PRAISE GOD for the true grace that draws one to saving FAITH IN CHRIST
which has us confess HIS name and believe from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead so we are saved .
ANY other love , any other false social gospel which says muslims , buddists , atheists or whateverists
are saved and know God , just cause they can hug and do some good works , IS a lie from hades itself .
And we must NOT fall for that lie .
Remember what john said , HE who hates his brother is a murderer . VERY TRUE .
Now a reminder . Ye shall not hate your neighbor in your heart , you shall in any way rebuke , correct them and not allow sin upon them .
ANYONE that can let a muslim , or unbelieving jew , or anyone who beleives not in CHRIST , to feel saved In that lie , IS a murderer .
FOR GOD made ONLY ONE WAY , JESUS CHRIST and we must confess HIM by mouth and beleive from the heart to be saved .
ANY other gospel , well Paul said let them be accursed . WE must follow ONLY the TRUE JESUS and know that TRUE GOSPEL .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good question indeed . But if any man has the SPIRIT they would have confessed Christ as savoir .
For GOD does not draw us to other religoins . And even as a wicked vile sin loving man
i had quite a few good works i could still do . I could hug and love on folks , i could give to the poor .
BUT i was lost in sin and darkness . PRAISE GOD for the true grace that draws one to saving FAITH IN CHRIST
which has us confess HIS name and believe from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead so we are saved .
ANY other love , any other false social gospel which says muslims , buddists , atheists or whateverists
are saved and know God , just cause they can hug and do some good works , IS a lie from hades itself .
And we must NOT fall for that lie .
Remember what john said , HE who hates his brother is a murderer . VERY TRUE .
Now a reminder . Ye shall not hate your neighbor in your heart , you shall in any way rebuke , correct them and not allow sin upon them .
ANYONE that can let a muslim , or unbelieving jew , or anyone who beleives not in CHRIST , to feel saved In that lie , IS a murderer .
FOR GOD made ONLY ONE WAY , JESUS CHRIST and we must confess HIM by mouth and beleive from the heart to be saved .
ANY other gospel , well Paul said let them be accursed . WE must follow ONLY the TRUE JESUS and know that TRUE GOSPEL .

I was speaking more...one believer to another in the question. I'm speaking very practically among believers, who know what murder is and see that they have anger and resentment and see that it is murder and see that they cant seem to stop or get rid of the resentments. How do they DO what the word says?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was speaking more...one believer to another in the question. I'm speaking very practically among believers, who know what murder is and see that they have anger and resentment and see that it is murder and see that they cant seem to stop or get rid of the resentments. How do they DO what the word says?
By the SPIRIT .
The Spirit would also have us stirring one another up with all things , all reminders JESUS did teach .
For GOD works among the believers . Love also corrects . Love desires none to perish .
Thus it would for sure correct anyone in an error .