we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your motive is to "draw me out", My motive is to point people to Christ and the cross, and to seek more of what he has for us.... This should say something here.
Yes, that's what I'm trying to get to.

Christ and the cross. So far, you won't have an authentic discussion with me. It's all about, well,

Squirming is a sign of weakness on the debate stage.

The reality here is, what I'm endeavoring to do is to bring you to a place where you see the emptiness and vanity and put it away.

That you will come to realize the amazing blessedness of trusting Jesus fully, in the here and now, trusting that you are truly complete in Him, that you truly do have all you need to live a Godly life. That you will come to realize, Christ did it all for you on the cross.

That you will come to realize, it is finished, and we can live in newness of life. That we can be complete in Him, taking our full measure of satisfaction from Jesus Himself.

Much love!

Reactions: Addy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood...please, guys, get along!

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
When I am weak, then I am strong.
Pride is invisible, it feels good, it seems right, we seldom know when we are in it because it blinds!

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that's what I'm trying to get to.

No, You said your motive is to "draw me out".....
The reality here is, what I'm endeavoring to do is to bring you to a place where you see the emptiness and vanity and put it away.

That you will come to realize the amazing blessedness of trusting Jesus fully, in the here and now, trusting that you are truly complete in Him, that you truly do have all you need to live a Godly life. That you will come to realize, Christ did it all for you on the cross.

In saying this, you assume that I do not trust in Jesus fully, that I do not believe we are complete in Him, that I do not have all that I need to live a Godly life. That is where your mistake lies in your assumptions. I Believe all that and more, that Christ has more than that for us if we seek His face.

The riches of His grace is what I am pointing to. I think it was Spurgeon that said "Stamp eternity on my eyeballs" which is to say teach us to yearn for eternal things and not merely temporal things. That is what I point to. So great are the Gifts which God has for those who believe in Him.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood...please, guys, get along!

I have no animosity towards @marks. My Goal is to point people towards Christ and the cross, and coming to the fulness of Christ. He thinks the fulness of Christ is something we attain when we are born again, I say the fulness of Christ comes from a lifetime walk in the Spirit and the sanctifying work of the Spirit in us.... We are the vessel, the Holy Spirit the water, we need not only to be full, but to be overflowing with the water.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no animosity towards @marks. My Goal is to point people towards Christ and the cross, and coming to the fulness of Christ. He thinks the fulness of Christ is something we attain when we are born again, I say the fulness of Christ comes from a lifetime walk in the Spirit and the sanctifying work of the Spirit in us.... We are the vessel, the Holy Spirit the water, we need not only to be full, but to be overflowing with the water.
Suit yourself.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suit yourself.

Pride is the original sin, One of the works of the Holy Ghost in our lives is to get us to throw away our pride. That comes with the brokenness that we experience when we fall, and fail a holy God that leads to true revival. It is at this point when we finally learn to Obey Christ's new commandment, Agape. It is from this point of lack of pride that God begins to use us for His Glory.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pride is the original sin, One of the works of the Holy Ghost in our lives is to get us to throw away our pride. That comes with the brokenness that we experience when we fall, and fail a holy God that leads to true revival. It is at this point when we finally learn to Obey Christ's new commandment, Agape. It is from this point of lack of pride that God begins to use us for His Glory.
I guess I'm just weaker than you. I still have pride to deal with. It's good for me to watch this video again. I remember when I became proud of my humility. Shalom.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm just weaker than you. I still have pride to deal with. It's good for me to watch this video again. I remember when I became proud of my humility. Shalom.

That is what revival is for, to have the presence of God cast away our pride. It is then that He can do His work through us... we become vessels unto Holiness.

God Bless.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
When I am weak, then I am strong.
Pride is invisible, it feels good, it seems right, we seldom know when we are in it because it blinds!
It's like a head of steam once the train gets rolling.

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A cancer that grows unseen within you . . . the fruit is the symptoms . . . He's got a good perspective so far.

Fights and quarrels - outward manifestations of inner frustrated desires.

Much love!

Reactions: Addy

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've denied these things for a long time.

false accusation.... i have pointed to more of Jesus... More grace..... But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. (James 4:6)

You have all the car parts, now you need to assemble them rightly to make a car. Once you have a car you can travel from point a to point b.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A cancer that grows unseen within you . . . the fruit is the symptoms . . . He's got a good perspective so far.

Fights and quarrels - outward manifestations of inner frustrated desires.

Why are you always quarreling with me then? Why are you trying to "draw me out"? You see, motives matter. That is the cancer in you.

I come here to share what the LORD has shown me and done for me in my life and you come here to find fault in me... that is the wrong motive.