we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know enough of your testimony I feel I can say this . . . you've seen the amazing results that come from terrible afflictions. Is it really much of a disguise any more?

When we see it coming, will we be happy knowing the amazing good that will come after all the pain and suffering?

:eek:

:)
No, but it's rhymes with, "nesting in the skies of our souls!" Lol

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed over the past several days that God has brought this passage to my attention quite a number of times.

Much love!

Blessings in Christ Jesus! Sometimes, confirmation of the message is needed. Jesus was a carpenter when He was here. Do we suppose He ever hit the nail on the head. Who would believe our report, or who will understand the message, perhaps those weaned from the milk?

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” - Mark 6:4

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, God, for giving me good family! Thank you, God, for showing Your care!

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not have revival - as Christians - when we fail to understand how alive we have become in Christ. Failing to understand that we are made alive in Him, we likewise will not walk in that newness of life. When we come to see that we actually ARE free from sin, then we will be much more effective defeating sins in our lives. If you don't think something is true, you won't be living that way.

Not thinking something is true is not the same thing as that thing being not true.

We are made new. We are complete in Christ. Christ lives in us. What remains is that we learn to think according to what God says is true.

If we think we are waiting for more, and THEN we can live godly lives, we will not be living those lives now, because we don't believe we can. But God is faithful, Jesus is made unto us sanctification. We need to realize the fulness of truth in that statement. Jesus is made unto us sanctification.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to that verse.

You quote a passage to support you doctrine, and that passage you quote does not.

No second pentacost here;

All this shows me is that you do not understand the Mysteries of Scripture, because you are still digesting the milk of doctrine and not the meat of the word. As the title of this post says, "We do not have revival because we do not see the need for it".

"The Latter Rain!" by David Wilkerson, founding pastor of Times Square Church, New York City - January 9, 1995 (tscpulpitseries.org)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this shows me is that you do not understand the Mysteries of Scripture, because you are still digesting the milk of doctrine and not the meat of the word.

The problem here is, I hold very close to what the Bible says. And I don't have much of another life, or love, like I have in the Bible. That's what I do. This is why I'm not concerned about whatever passages you were to post, I already know these ideas are not Bible.

The problem here is, your so called mysteries aren't IN the Scriptures. Whenever I ask you to support your assertions, you quote passages which don't say what you claim, and what, I just can't see the mysteries?

Well, you are correct. I cannot. And the fact is, the only things I count mysteries to be what the Bible itself calls a mystery, musterion.

The problem is in supposing to present a doctrine not in the Bible, and then when challenged, instead of showing it from Scripture, "You just don't understand the mysteries."

And of course you cannot seem to resist more ad hominem. Doesn't that ever mean ANYTHING to you? That you have to write this way?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men cannot bring revival. Only God brings revival.
When men starts to organize revivals, it will end.

Men will always fail when they try to take over from the Holy Spirit.
Only the Holy Spirit is the organizer of Revivals.

I always get a kick out of it when someone declares:
"Let's have a revival next week".

Revival comes not by the will of men but by the will of God. When those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness, who by prayer and supplication cry out to God in brokenness he will make his presence known.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for THEY shall be filled.

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . but to this man will I look, to him who is poor, of a contrite heart, who trembles at My Word . . .

To the one who reads God's Word, and just takes it in, submits to it, who trembles at God's Word.

That's a difficult stance to maintain without being submitted to that Word.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem here is, I hold very close to what the Bible says. And I don't have much of another life, or love, like I have in the Bible. That's what I do. This is why I'm not concerned about whatever passages you were to post, I already know these ideas are not Bible.

The problem here is, your so called mysteries aren't IN the Scriptures. Whenever I ask you to support your assertions, you quote passages which don't say what you claim, and what, I just can't see the mysteries?

Well, you are correct. I cannot. And the fact is, the only things I count mysteries to be what the Bible itself calls a mystery, musterion.

The problem is in supposing to present a doctrine not in the Bible, and then when challenged, instead of showing it from Scripture, "You just don't understand the mysteries."

And of course your constant judgmentalism. Which I feel pretty certain is all an act, really, you just find it easier then real responses. But that's only my guess.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:12-15)

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: Ephesians 1:9-10

Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. (Matthew 9:38)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:12-15)

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: Ephesians 1:9-10

Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. (Matthew 9:38)

Like I said . . . you quote passages, but they do not say what you assert.

Obadiah 1:5 KJV
If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night, (how art thou cut off!) would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grapegatherers came to thee, would they not leave some grapes?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because you are still suckling....
. . . and when I point out that the quoted passages don't say what you assert, you resort to ad hominem . . . rather than show how they do. Because they do not. So that's all you've got. More ad hominem.

Haven't you figured out yet that I don't care? You though seem to care very much. Think about that. Why do you care so much to run me down in front of others? Pathology at work? Do you feel driven to do so? Can you see this yet?

Ezekiel 24:18-20 KJV
18) So I spake unto the people in the morning: and at even my wife died; and I did in the morning as I was commanded.
19) And the people said unto me, Wilt thou not tell us what these things are to us, that thou doest so?
20) Then I answered them, The word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

We need to learn to keep the emotional life at bay. The emotion we are to be experiencing is joy, jubilation. A sort of boastful glorying.

Much love!