we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . and when I point out that the quoted passages don't say what you assert, you resort to ad hominem

It is an observation, not an "ad hominem".

Haven't you figured out yet that I don't care? You though seem to care very much. Think about that. Why do you care so much to run me down in front of others? Pathology at work? Do you feel driven to do so? Can you see this yet?

I Am not the one obsessively commenting on someone else's post. If you do not want me addressing you, do not comment on my posts....

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm REALLY curious if you had something in mind there . . .

Much love!
I'm standing at the edge of the garden in my heart. The ground is my soul. The open space above the ground is my spirit, which is also where Holy Spirit is. In the middle of the garden is a wellspring, which waters the garden, whenever it rises up.
I see the sky is yellow from the heat of the Sun. It is beating down on the trees and other plants in the garden. Nesting in the tree-tops are trials and tribulations.
"They come for a reason, remaining for a season, accomplishing the reason they were sent. They're heaven-sent."
There are times when the wellspring is inactive, and there is no rain. These harsh times force the plant life to sink their roots down deeper. However, the plants are more resilient to storms, which do come in season. The light and heat are essential for growth.
This is how I see myself inside.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an observation, not an "ad hominem".
It's "argument to the person". Rather than respond to the topic, IE, do these Bible verse ACTUALLY say what you claim, instead, you begin to talk about me, as if your comments about me somehow address the fact the the Bible verse don't say what you claim.

As far as an observation, well, we've never even met, and, you have an longstanding track record of disparaging comments of various sorts, so, I'll take that with a grain of salt. But whether or not you even believe what you said, that's not the point.

The point to the Ad Hominem is to make a diversion to avoid the issue.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Am not the one obsessively commenting on someone else's post. If you do not want me addressing you, do not comment on my posts....
I don't mind your replies. I'm counting on them. I want to draw you out.

Eventually you may see, if you become more extreme.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm standing at the edge of the garden in my heart. The ground is my soul. The open space above the ground is my spirit, which is also where Holy Spirit is. In the middle of the garden is a wellspring, which waters the garden, whenever it rises up.
I see the sky is yellow from the heat of the Sun. It is beating down on the trees and other plants in the garden. Nesting in the tree-tops are trials and tribulations.
"They come for a reason, remaining for a season, accomplishing the reason they were sent. They're heaven-sent."
There are times when the wellspring is inactive, and there is no rain. These harsh times force the plant life to sink their roots down deeper. However, the plants are more resilient to storms, which do come in season. The light and heat are essential for growth.
This is how I see myself inside.
I love it!

There's a song . . . Urban Rescue . . . I can't think of the name, "You are the Sun, and I am the sea, I can feel Your light shine on me, if this is love, then I am desperate for Your touch . . ." that's it, Desperate.

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mind your replies. I'm counting on them. I want to draw you out.

Eventually you may see, if you become more extreme.

One day you will see what is being said here is from the will of God.... Without Christ, I am nothing.

"I want to draw you out" That is showing your motive here, and the real reason you are obsessed with coming against what I write...

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I want to draw you out" That is showing your motive here,
Yes, that's right!

:)

I've been hoping that, among other things, like learning manners, mostly what I've been hoping is that you would actually determine to show me from the Bible itself, not from Tozer or Ravenhill or one of those guys, but from the Bible Itself the things you teach.

I've been hoping that if you would just set yourself to do that, to show me for once and for all that it's really there in the Bible, then you would make careful search, and find, it's not. You'll have to see this for yourself, I'm trying to provide you the opportunity. That what I mean by "draw you out".

I've never been dishonest with you about my teachings or my motives.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you guys don't have any revolvers...I wouldn't want to see it go from "draw you out" to "outdraw you!" Lol

@David H.

Just an expression . . . what I mean by that is to say, I'm hoping to touch something in you which will give a more authentic experience. I want people to be real with me, and I do not believe I've been getting that.

Now . . . a little meta communication . . . In saying I don't believe I've been getting that, I'm not saying someone is being false. I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about my belief about them. And there IS a difference.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that's right!

:)

I've been hoping that, among other things, like learning manners, mostly what I've been hoping is that you would actually determine to show me from the Bible itself, not from Tozer or Ravenhill or one of those guys, but from the Bible Itself the things you teach.

I've been hoping that if you would just set yourself to do that, to show me for once and for all that it's really there in the Bible, then you would make careful search, and find, it's not. You'll have to see this for yourself, I'm trying to provide you the opportunity. That what I mean by "draw you out".

I've never been dishonest with you about my teachings or my motives.

Just an expression . . . what I mean by that is to say, I'm hoping to touch something in you which will give a more authentic experience. I want people to be real with me, and I do not believe I've been getting that.

Now . . . a little meta communication . . . In saying I don't believe I've been getting that, I'm not saying someone is being false. I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about my belief about them. And there IS a difference.

The worm squirms when he is caught... changing definitions to make himself look good....

A word of advice, You cannot expose the Holy Ghost as if to cast Him out. You tried to expose me as a false prophet, yet i never claimed to be a prophet, You try to say my teachings are from men, yet no man has held to the teachings that He has given me. You try to say my teachings are unbiblical, yet I use more scripture than most here to present my points than most do.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (Matthew 5:11)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The worm squirms when he is caught... changing definitions to make himself look good....
Was this statement really necessary?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tried to expose me as a false prophet,
I've never said you are or are not a prophet. Do you believe you are a prophet?

Are you talking about where I quoted Jesus as telling us we can know the false prophet by their fruit? I make a correlation to the fruit of the Spirit, that these are character, good character. Loving, peaceable, joyful, faithful, self-control, all these. So then, this bad fruit of the false prophet, it is likewise character?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was this statement really necessary?

Again, why do you find it useful or necessary to write like this? What church did you learn this in?

I learned that in the church of hard knox. Squirming is a sign of weakness on the debate stage. Just like defensiveness and being offended are.

I've never said you are or are not a prophet. Do you believe you are a prophet?

Are you talking about where I quoted Jesus as telling us we can know the false prophet by their fruit? I make a correlation to the fruit of the Spirit, that these are character, good character. Loving, peaceable, joyful, faithful, self-control, all these. So then, this bad fruit of the false prophet, it is likewise character?

Squirm, squirm....
Time to go fishing!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned that in the church of hard knox. Squirming is a sign of weakness on the debate stage. Just like defensiveness and being offended are.

Squirm, squirm....
Time to go fishing!

All so much easier for you than having a Scriptural discussion. But so much more boring! It's too bad!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All so much easier for you than having a Scriptural discussion.

Your motive is to "draw me out", My motive is to point people to Christ and the cross, and to seek more of what he has for us.... This should say something here.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Squirm, squirm....
Time to go fishing!
Fall on the Rock, David, you know the rest.
Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.” Matthew 21:44