we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival and who they have aff
So did you have other Scriptures on this? Or no? I'm guessing since you've gone into song lyrics that's pretty much what you've got there.

I'm not aware myself of anything in the Bible that talks about bringing to life those already made spiritually alive.

I can only imagine you are talking about times of lesser faith when you've felt further from God? And your idea of revival is where you strengthen your faith, and feel closer?

God of course does not ever leave His children. For He has promised, I will never leave you nor forsake you. Trust in that! Any feelings of distance from God are all inside you, not because God has moved away. But in the mind, we think He's not close, maybe He's never been close, maybe we need to examine to see, do we actually know Him?

Much love!

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians are complacent. They are content with their place in the Spiritual world, and do not see the need of revival thinking they are in need of nothing.

My Soul cries out for the presence of God, and a revival of the refreshing of the Spirit in the church. The times are ripe for this revival, with the Principalities of this world scheming against the church, lawlessness increasing, the love of many growing cold.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (Acts of the Apostles 3:19)
There are many Christians that live correctly. If you see some need for revival then I would suggest bringing it to yourself first.

Reactions: Cassandra and marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What Christians need is the inner crucifixion, like the one God is working in me!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Revival is usually for non believers - like in Wales and the Hebrides. But in both cases it seemed to be someone in the churches that caused the spark to ignite the fire. And recently, just a few years ago, there was the Outpouring of the spirit at the Victory church in Cwmbran in Wales

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you imagine if it happened all at once? Blammo! blasted into smithereens!
The peaceable fruits of righteousness, no matter at what speed.

I don't talk much about it, but God gave me that for a season. Only for a season. I think He knew I needed that to hold on to, given what was soon coming. I've been through the ringer, and part way back, but I know for a truth that the life lived trusting God is sanctified.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The peaceable fruits of righteousness, no matter at what speed.

I don't talk much about it, but God gave me that for a season. Only for a season. I think He knew I needed that to hold on to, given what was soon coming. I've been through the ringer, and part way back, but I know for a truth that the life lived trusting God is sanctified.

Much love!
I think we're much more complex beings than anyone imagines...I think love, according to 1 Corinthians 13 is the sure bet!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just typed 'why no revival' into my search engine and so many answers appeared that it made me think that lots of people were hoping for revival and looking for revival. And the first result said:
  • "The only reason we don’t have revival is because we are willing to live without it!"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we're much more complex beings than anyone imagines...I think love, according to 1 Corinthians 13 is the sure bet!

I think so too, on both of these. I think we are so very complex, and we don't understand ourselves, but God understands, so we trust Him even with our sanctification.

Much love!

Reactions: charity and Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just typed 'why no revival' into my search engine and so many answers appeared that it made me think that lots of people were hoping for revival and looking for revival. And the first result said:
  • "The only reason we don’t have revival is because we are willing to live without it!"
"You have not because you ask not . . ."

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"You have not because you ask not . . ."

Much love!
But so many seem to be asking. But maybe they are asking for the wrong thing.
We should not be seeking revival on our own behalf or to enjoy its dramatic results but seeking it for those in desperate need of the love of God in their lives.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But so many seem to be asking.

I think about Jesus telling His disciples, the harvest is ready, but the workers are few. Pray the Lord of the harvest, to send out workers. And then He sent them out.

I think the main thing we can do is pray for those around us, and to trust God with everything always, and be ready to move.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think so too, on both of these. I think we are so very complex, and we don't understand ourselves, but God understands, so we trust Him even with our sanctification.

Much love!
I was so confused for years about how my life went from so good to so bad, especially when I knew He was pleased with me. And the promises He made to me! "You've been faithful with little, now I'm going to give you more," and then a bomb goes off in my life?
I was tested, did I really believe He was good? I had to ignore my emotions. I stood on His word, hell and high water did not prevail, and then I got His eternal perspective. And I stood! Hallelujah!
And also, I did insist for years that He'd do with me whatever He wanted...oh man! Careful what you ask God for...He might give it to you! Lol Man, is He intense! Trials and tribulations are blessings in disguise!
Faithful is His name!

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But so many seem to be asking. But maybe they are asking for the wrong thing.
We should not be seeking revival on our own behalf or to enjoy its dramatic results but seeking it for those in desperate need of the love of God in their lives.
I recall the river of God rushing through me and watering the spiritually thirsty. I was the happiest tap in the universe!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Careful what you ask God for...He might give it to you! Lol Man, is He intense! Trials and tribulations are blessings in disguise!
Amen brother!

Go ahead and ask, then hold on for the ride!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not aware myself of anything in the Bible that talks about bringing to life those already made spiritually alive.
Like I said, the letter to Sardis for one, Then there is the verse in the OP which we need to focus on first. It is the concept of "Spiritual sleep" that I am talking of the following verses making this point...

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. (Romans 13:11)
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. (1 Thessalonians 5:6)
And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. (Hebrews 6:11-12)

There are numerous other examples of the Apostles in their letters urging believers to Spiritual growth and maturity that I am sure you are aware of. Complacency is a like this, it dulls our urgency for Spiritual growth, till we become slothful, sleepy and finally dead Spiritually. It does not happen overnight, and to awaken one is done my the Holy Ghost which quickens. You see, salvation brings life, Revival and refreshing brings abundant life....(John 10:10)

The difference between how you view revival and how I view it (correct me if I am wrong) is that you see revival as entirely a mental thing.... a renewing of the mind. I see it as a supernatural and incomprehensible move of the Holy Ghost which revives the mind soul and spirit of the person empowering them to "move mountains" by their faith. So the question I pose to you, is revival merely mental?

I can only imagine you are talking about times of lesser faith when you've felt further from God? And your idea of revival is where you strengthen your faith, and feel closer?
No, Revival is nothing we do to get closer to God, He comes closer to us, and makes His presence Known. It is the presence of God that is the Key to revival.

There are many Christians that live correctly. If you see some need for revival then I would suggest bringing it to yourself first.

Do you think I am writing these things because I have not had revival in my life? I write them because I lived without the presence of God in my life and when He made His presence known I fell on my face and changed dramatically... so much so that many of my friends stopped being my friends and people started looking at me funny, and demons came to fight against me....