we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But so many seem to be asking. But maybe they are asking for the wrong thing.
We should not be seeking revival on our own behalf or to enjoy its dramatic results but seeking it for those in desperate need of the love of God in their lives.

Read James 4:1-10.... You are correct.

Reactions: Pearl

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just typed 'why no revival' into my search engine and so many answers appeared that it made me think that lots of people were hoping for revival and looking for revival. And the first result said:
  • "The only reason we don’t have revival is because we are willing to live without it!"

Exactly the point of this Post....

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. 14 This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1730913-Leonard-Ravenhill-Quote-The-only-reason-we-don-t-have-revival-is.jpg

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a theory...revival is a result of desperation. When revival brings prosperity, desperation evaporates. Revival dissipates.
Revivals come in waves so I don't think they are meant to last. I think we're in between waves.
When the real thing comes, we should really try to refrain from merchandizing it. It is enough that He meets our needs. If we seek His hand more than His face, well, do you have kids? I don't want to hurt His feelings more than I already do.

Reactions: David H.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think revival will only happen when societal conditions will allow it. The Jesus people revival happened at the height of the Viet Nam war. The whole world was going through a tumultuous time. I think we are heading into a time like that, though it may be on a larger scale. It's going to happen. It'll be the best of times and it'll be the worst of times.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If Christians would simply believe the Bible itself, instead of forming their pet self-affirming theories that have no foundation . . . If Christians would submit to the true Word of God, trusting Jesus to love others through us, perhaps we could begin to consistently walk in the Spirit, and might see greater fruitfulness in our lives.

Attitudes of division and superiority, attitudes of judgmentalism, stereotyping, these are all unhealthy self-affirmations. Blaming the "state of the church" for personal failings will not achieve maturity in our lives. But trusting in Jesus whole-heartedly will. Because the Holy Spirit, Whom we so greatly desire, well, when we start cooperating with God, things work a lot better.

We can build up instead of tearing down, maybe turn our focus towards revival in the unsaved!

Much love!
In my opinion cherry picking verses and taking them out of context should be outlawed.

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You have not because you ask not . . ."

Or more likely, "You ask amiss...."
It is like Simon the sorcerer, (Acts 8:9-24) Who desires the power of the Holy Ghost from a heart that is not right with God.

Above, I have posted quotes from numerous fundamentalist teachers, Ravenhill, Billy Sunday, Andrew Murray Charles Finney, All pointing to the need for revival and some having lived through revivals in their day. Yet what fundamentalism has become, and is somewhat illustrated in your comments is so caught up in the theological doctrines of scripture that they deny such a thing is needed anymore (Your view that we have all that we need in Christ Jesus). Revival is the exceeding riches of His grace, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; It is the Spirit of God being glorified above the mind of man...

It is when we are broken and beyond ourselves that God can revive us....

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion cherry picking verses and taking them out of context should be outlawed.
It's not from the Spirit.

I think the reason there is so much disagreement between some people over what the Bible teaches us is that some are much more willing to lift a verse from it's context to make it align with their "feeling" of what they think they want.

I've seen so many times over the years where someone gets something in their head, with some appeal to their flesh, either that some value God gives us doesn't apply to them, or somehow they are over the rest, something like that, and even just a glance and the verses they point to shows me how hard they are grasping at straws.

Twisting Scriptures for some self-affirmation. I think much of what we do in the works of the flesh comes down to self-affirmation. Or another word for that, pride, and envy.

Much love!

Reactions: Cooper

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Question: How does one get revival?
Answer: God, helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp(until He does).