we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it as a supernatural and incomprehensible move of the Holy Ghost which revives the mind soul and spirit of the person empowering them to "move mountains" by their faith. So the question I pose to you, is revival merely mental?
You haven't really demonstrated to me that you understand what rebirth is, or what the renewing of the mind is. You come across to me as describing God as some "black box" where spirituality just "pops out", outside of your control, but then you hold others accountable to plead with God, to hunger for this extra spirituality, and then when God chooses, He gives you "the rest of" His Holy Spirit.

And you constantly try to trip me with your words, constantly malign me, and you don't care in the least. Because it serves your self-affirmation. You don't see it.

Revive is to make alive, and when someone is born again, this is God making them spiritually alive.

Renew is what God does with those who have been revived.

I recommend staying with Biblical terminology. Other terminology you can mold however you want. And when I say Biblical terminology, I mean in the way the Bible uses it.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it as a supernatural and incomprehensible move of the Holy Ghost which revives the mind soul and spirit of the person empowering them to "move mountains" by their faith. So the question I pose to you, is revival merely mental?
Perhaps the right prayer is, Lord, Increase my faith! Trust Jesus, and live according to His intent. You will find that you can. If you will trust Him.

If you think you cannot . . . this is what is being renewed.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading some of the memes posted here . . . maybe a law against memes so blatantly contradicted by Scriptures? People seem to say all sorts of things that sound good, but knowing the Bible tells the truth.

Like this thing about revival will come if the righteous are grieved over sins committed by others . . . try telling that to Lot. It didn't work that way.

Sounds great, except, well, it doesn't really. It just condemns the revived for the the actions of the unrevived. So in reality it tears down and does not build up.

Now, if we are to love others, and desire their salvation, so they can know life in knowing God, and we pray for them, and share truth with them, and live well towards them, perhaps that may be the way?

Much love!

Reactions: Cassandra

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't really demonstrated to me that you understand what rebirth is, or what the renewing of the mind is.
We are not discussing those things here, we are discussing revival. This is not my word, but what men of God have used to describe the presence of God manifesting to a dead and sleeping church. You seem to deny that this is exists and therefore are a part of the reason why we have not had a revival.

Revive is to make alive, and when someone is born again, this is God making them spiritually alive.
Incorrect: Revival is God awakening a sleeping and complacent and dead church from their slumber and bringing vitality.... The Word of God comes to life (the word of God is quick), We see things differently, with Spiritual eyes, we are revealed the hidden truths of Scripture by the Spirit of Truth, We are unable to tolerate sin and wickedness in the world..... Revival is like a taking a lamp and having it plugged into an outlet and turned on. Before it is still a lamp but it has not achieved its true potential which is to provide light.

All this shows is your incomprehension of what revival is. Again, I stand on the shoulders of those who have experienced and written of these things before me, you stand on your own reasoning power. Revival is not my word for these events it is the word used by those who have witnessed these events.

My personal revival began with the word of God coming to life.... the word cut me to the marrow. It was illuminated by the Spirit of Truth who revealed the Spiritual in the words there that no Theologian with the most prestigious of doctorates could discern with their mind alone. Consider the words of Tozer below....

"A man need not be godly to learn theology. Indeed I wonder whether there is anything taught in any seminary on earth that could not be learned by a brigand or a swindler as well as by a consecrated Christian."

Theology is no different than Physics or Chemistry, and can be known by the carnal mind, the things which are Spiritual are revealed by the Spirit, and are beyond the understanding of the natural man. As Paul writes: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

This awakening that revival brings makes the Word of God to be a light shining in a dark place and not just a text book on how we should live. Vibrant faith vs. textualism.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Renewal...revival...whatever it was, it was glorious...the best 3 years of my life! It was like heaven had come down to earth!
The best is yet to come!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Renewal...revival...whatever it was, it was glorious...the best 3 years of my life! It was like heaven had come down to earth!
The best is yet to come!
Amen! I believe you are completely correct! I think God gives us tastes of heavenly things to build up our faith, so we can better endure the struggle against the flesh, and doubt.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They contradict YOUR understanding of scripture...

2 Peter 2:4-10 KJV
4) For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5) And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6) And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7) And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8) (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10) But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I stand on the shoulders of those who have experienced and written of these things before me, you stand on your own reasoning power.
Do you have any idea how many times I hear vanities like this?

I will continue to present Scripture to you.

Much love!

Reactions: Cassandra

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! I believe you are completely correct! I think God gives us tastes of heavenly things to build up our faith, so we can better endure the struggle against the flesh, and doubt.

Much love!
Five and a half years of good times are why I have survived the past twenty-one.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And that's how the Christian life is supposed to work. So keep on! It's when the Word doesn't touch you, that's the abnormal part.

Much love!
I remember when the word of the Lord came down from God's holy mountain and touched me...it said, "All things are possible, if one only believes!" Lol

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any idea how many times I hear vanities like this?

To speak of Revival is vanity???? To speak of those saints who have been witnesses of revival is vanity??? From my perspective, this is vanity on your part. A total Hubris in your own understanding.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider the words of Tozer below....
Just reading Tozer doesn't make one spiritual, doesn't produce love for others, and doesn't make one wise to the Word of God. It can help, don't get me wrong. But you put so much weight on other authors, and end up with doctrine you cannot show from Scripture, shouldn't that make you wonder?

I think we should stay with the Bible first to make sure we understand correctly, so we can see inconsistencies in other teachings.

Seriously, the more you know the Bible, the more you'll see these things.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To speak of Revival is vanity???? To speak of those saints who have been witnesses of revival is vanity??? From my perspective, this is vanity on your part. A total Hubris in your own understanding.

No, rather, when you say . . .

David H. said:

Again, I stand on the shoulders of those who have experienced and written of these things before me, you stand on your own reasoning power.

This is vanity.

So here again, you misrepresent what I've said for your own purpose, in this instance, to claim a hubris on my part. Bravo!

And this in defense of your statement to impugn my view as "my own reasoning".

Will you care that you've been caught?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, rather, when you say . . .

David H. said:

This is vanity.

So here again, you misrepresent what I've said for your own purpose, in this instance, to claim a hubris on my part. Bravo!

And this in defense of your statement to impugn my view as "my own reasoning".

Will you care that you've been caught?

Title of this Post:

Who Is the only one opposing the concept of revival here? You.

mic drop!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Title of this Post:

mic drop!

Transparent as glass.

And gives me the answer . . . no you will not care that you've been caught. Only attack mode to try to get past it without having to acknowledge anything, though that is the only true path towards growth. Acknowledging, that is, when, in this case, you've misrepresented others.

That's why I'm doing this you know. In the hope you will begin to see.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Title of this Post:

mic drop!
And really . . .

Is this sort of behavior, misrepresenting others, dishonesty, is that really what your "revival" is all about?

Do you yet not see this?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And really . . .

Is this sort of behavior, misrepresenting others, dishonesty, is that really what your "revival" is all about?

facts is facts, you are the only one opposing revival....