We Don't Know NOTHING ... Because We're Stupid And Lazy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The evidence for a 6,000 year old Earth is in the Bible. What other proof do you need?

Why else to you think all that "begat begat begat" stuff is there, especially when God knew Satan's 19th century strategy to introduce evolution and its "billions and billions of years" idea?

I've read the the claims but they are based on a lot of speculation and specific translations into specific languages.

I repeat, doesn't matter.

Your argument on evolution has nothing to do with how long humans have been on this earth according to the Bible.

I reject evolution but I reject these so-called experts on a lot of other things they say.

An example, you have no idea how old the earth is. No idea of the time frame and what happened between Genesis 1:1 and the first day of the six days.Which again has nothing to do with how long it has been from the making of Adam until today.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not know the exact time from the Flood until Christ.

Don't say "we" don't know when what you really mean is "you" don't known.

Just because you don't know something doesn't mean that no one else knows.

Speak for yourself.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not know. I don't care what Taze Russell, the founder of a cult movement, said.

That's my point "you" don't known.

Nor do I care what your cult, "Babylon the Great" has to say on the issue. "Let God (His Word) be true and every man proved a liar."

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing
Good Luck. Hope you make it.

Rev. 13:10 ... Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Rev. 14:12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1 Thess 5 comparison and contrast provides the context for knowing the WEEK. And the Scriptures ALONE provide the YEAR, with the Jewish FEASTS providing the WEEK
I don't see where it does. If you do by all means give us that year and week. You have been saying scripture does yet you havent said what it was. Again, the parable of the fifth tree is a possibility.

I stand by my statement. These scripture are not about us knowing when; they are telling us to watch and be ready. I understand the contrast. It's about those who are ready and those who aren't.

You're right, are other considerations. For example, -- THE AUDIENCE --, for which there are THREE potentials: the world, the Jews, and the Church. In the Gospels the audience is still the Jews. But the Epistles are to the Church.
Funny thing about prophecy... It may matter in some things, but not the end of the world. It the prophecy is correct, it doesn't matter who the audience is.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to move on to other matters concerning the OP. Before I do let me recap my thoughts on knowing "when".

Mat 24 gives us many clues, but only 2 that apply to today. That is, 1. This gospel shall be preached in all the world; and 2. The parable of the fig tree. That's all well and good, but it wasn't ever the point for us to figure it out. The point is to be ready at all times. Watch and pray.

Let me be more clear:. Keep your mind always on Jesus. Don't be at odds with him nor the brethren. If you feel something spiritually isn't right, fix it today. YOUR world or OUR world may be gone tomorrow. Maybe in the next minute.

That being said, Bobby Jo put forth this:

The fact is, WE are INSTRUCTED to be full participants in the operation of the church, -- not just the idiots who open their wallets every week to fund the HIRELING:

He then quoted 1 Corinthians 14:26-30. What I see from his point of view is that these things should be done and not "squshed". In other words, all these things should be done and less attention paid to that HIRING preacher and what he has to say. I will deal with that hiring in my next discussion point. But I want to deal with 1 Corinthians 14 and Church participation.

Reactions: Waiting on him

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I AM speaking for myself, but I'm speaking from attending various churches since I was about 5, now for some 60 total years.

But if you attend a church where the fellowship consists of each member participating in bringing a song, a doctrine, a lesson, a tongue, an interpretation, a prophecy, -- then YOU'RE MOST FORTUNATE. As for me, all the churches in my vicinity have HIRELINGS which "preach" week after week after week after week after ..., -- well you get the idea.

So please post us WHICH church denomination (or none) you attend, and how it all works so that we can convert our fellowships from a Semetary HIRELING to a BODY MINISTRY.

Bobby Jo

Good thing Jesus didn’t hold his Disciples to that standard...”Petra, follow me....and make sure you bring your song book”

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see where it does. If you do by all means give us that year and week. You have been saying scripture does yet you haven,t said what it was. ....

I've said it MULTIPLE times, -- Post #6, #23, #37, #45, and #56.

Again, the parable of the fifth tree is a possibility.

I love it when people can't comprehend the simple, but assert the complex ...

I stand by my statement. ...

A persons "comfort zone" is nearly impossible to breach. So please be comfortable.

Funny thing about prophecy... It may matter in some things, but not the end of the world. ...

Now you're talking crazy. Exactly what do you think Ezekiel 38 & 39; all the Prophecies of Daniel; and the Book of Revelation are about? Roman times??? And the Audience DOES matter, but of course you couldn't know this, because it's outside your comfort zone. :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thing Jesus didn’t hold his Disciples to that standard...”Petra, follow me....and make sure you bring your song book”
Well, I don't know about Petra's "song book", but suspect people aren't saying: "... and bring Aspen, the prophet ... ".

Bobby Jo

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is, WE are INSTRUCTED to be full participants in the operation of the church

Absolutely! We should! And yes, there should be Psalms, doctrine, tongues (not my favorite but it's there), revelation and interpretation. But the theme of this chapter is missed. The theme comes in the last verse of this chapter:

1 Cori

1 Corinthians 14:40 KJV
Let all things be done decently and in order.

Let's look at you opening verse, Bobby Jo:

1 Corinthians 14:26 KJV
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

"How is it then?". This is basically say, " why is it..?" It's not a call to do it, it's wondering why they are doing it. More specifically, doing it without order (without LEADERSHIP).

My goodness! When you read the entire chapter, while Paul is not forbidding any of this, he is curtailing it. He gives pretty specific rules at times, too.

So if you are looking to de-emphasize the "hiring" and emphasize unstructured activity, you picked the wrong chapter!

If you want to sing or compose a psalm (song), great! But let it be done decently and in order. Want to submit a doctrine (teaching), fine. Let it be done in order. Got a revelation? Do it in order... Tongues as well.

How is it done in order? Well, the only way I see that happening is through leadership. And this whole chapter backs me up.

I encourage everyone with a gift, whether it be singing, dancing, teaching, even art and yes... I suppose speaking in tongues... I encourage you to let the gifts be known.

Then watch! Wait! Be ready and let the Lord decide when to use those gifts! When God's ready, he will let the leadership know.

By the way... Just throwing this out there for you to ponder... Perhaps sometimes full participation requires you to sit down in the pew, shut up and pay attention to what is being preached.

Maybe?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! We should! And yes, there should be Psalms, doctrine, tongues (not my favorite but it's there), revelation and interpretation. But ...

... ( -- I Love the "buts" -- ) ... how many churches allow participation? Usually it's the "pastor" week after week after week after week after week after week after ... , -- well you get the idea.

So is your church structured so that all can participate, and if something is revealed to one that is sitting by that the first be silent so that the second can share? -- Yeah, I think not. That's not how the semetaries train their "clergy".

But if I'm wrong, the please tell us exactly how the 4th guy in the heirarchy (Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers) STAYS in the 4th position (the background) so that the entire congregation can participate. -- What you defend is analogous to paying for a gym membership and when you show up to exercise, the "personal trainer" demonstrates all the exercise equipment, and then your session is over and you walk out the door weaker than when you came in, -- AND YOU'RE PAYING FOR THIS.

And I gotta say, you take some AWFUL Liberties with Scripture, and your: "When God's ready, he will let the leadership know." is such a crock, it makes me want to puke. -- "Yes, Father/Pastor/Minister/Priest, I will obey you, because YOU represent JESUS, and ... ". Yeah, not .

Matt. 23:8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. 9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be called masters, for you have one master, the Christ.

So many people make excuses for churches run by HIRELINGS. Perhaps we should follow the warning from Jesus regarding HIRELINGS ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! We should! And yes, there should be Psalms, doctrine, tongues (not my favorite but it's there), revelation and interpretation. But the theme of this chapter is missed. The theme comes in the last verse of this chapter:

1 Cori

1 Corinthians 14:40 KJV
Let all things be done decently and in order.

Let's look at you opening verse, Bobby Jo:

1 Corinthians 14:26 KJV
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

"How is it then?". This is basically say, " why is it..?" It's not a call to do it, it's wondering why they are doing it. More specifically, doing it without order (without LEADERSHIP).

My goodness! When you read the entire chapter, while Paul is not forbidding any of this, he is curtailing it. He gives pretty specific rules at times, too.

So if you are looking to de-emphasize the "hiring" and emphasize unstructured activity, you picked the wrong chapter!

If you want to sing or compose a psalm (song), great! But let it be done decently and in order. Want to submit a doctrine (teaching), fine. Let it be done in order. Got a revelation? Do it in order... Tongues as well.

How is it done in order? Well, the only way I see that happening is through leadership. And this whole chapter backs me up.

I encourage everyone with a gift, whether it be singing, dancing, teaching, even art and yes... I suppose speaking in tongues... I encourage you to let the gifts be known.

Then watch! Wait! Be ready and let the Lord decide when to use those gifts! When God's ready, he will let the leadership know.

By the way... Just throwing this out there for you to ponder... Perhaps sometimes full participation requires you to sit down in the pew, shut up and pay attention to what is being preached.

Maybe?
And let all be done to edification!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And let all be done to edification!

... but NOT through a FATHER/PASTOR/MINISTER/PRIEST, for we Are ALL Bretheren. -- I'm the MAN over my wife, but ain't NO man over me, 'cause I ain't NO WOMAN.

But PLEASE speak for yourselves! :)
Bobby Jo

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read the the claims but they are based on a lot of speculation and specific translations into specific languages.

I repeat, doesn't matter.

Your argument on evolution has nothing to do with how long humans have been on this earth according to the Bible.

I reject evolution but I reject these so-called experts on a lot of other things they say.

An example, you have no idea how old the earth is. No idea of the time frame and what happened between Genesis 1:1 and the first day of the six days.Which again has nothing to do with how long it has been from the making of Adam until today.
God said through "begat begat begat" that the Earth was formed about 6,000 years ago, give or take a few hundred years, period.

Either accept the Word of God or don't, but please don't come in here trying to undermine the faith of others with your own struggles with higher criticism.

There's so much scientific evidence for a young age Earth that it takes MORE faith to believe in "billions of years", and what's astonishing to me is that the irreligious' motives for rejecting the idea are bound up in their desire to fulfill their fleshly lusts, but why in blue blazes would a believer argue against it?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please take any discussion on evolution (i.e., 6,000 years) to either an existing Topic on the subject, or create a New Topic!
Thanks, Bobby Jo

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't say "we" don't know when what you really mean is "you" don't known.

Just because you don't know something doesn't mean that no one else knows.

Speak for yourself.
This guy is so backwards. He's so accepting of that which is absolute bulldookey and so uncertain about what should be beyond all doubt. Another victim of liberal higher criticism of the truth.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Luck. Hope you make it.

Rev. 13:10 ... Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Rev. 14:12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

"Blessed are they which do His commandments (including the fourth), that they might have right to the Tree of Life and may enter into the gates to the city." Revelation 22:14

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said it MULTIPLE times, -- Post #6, #23, #37, #45, and #56.
Did you, now? I see you referencing your own understanding and J.R. Black. But I don't recall you saying what the year will be.

I see a few references to scripture that I have already agreed to. But the world didn't end in 1948.

I ask all the others following this thread. Did you see where Bobby Jo said it?

Oh, it's going to get real interesting when I get to my third point!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said through "begat begat begat" that the Earth was formed about 6,000 years ago, give or take a few hundred years, period.

Either accept the Word of God or don't, but please don't come in here trying to undermine the faith of others with your own struggles with higher criticism.

There's so much scientific evidence for a young age Earth that it takes MORE faith to believe in "billions of years", and what's astonishing to me is that the irreligious' motives for rejecting the idea are bound up in their desire to fulfill their fleshly lusts, but why in blue blazes would a believer argue against it?

Yes he said beget a lot. But there is silence on a lot of other things.