We Don't Know NOTHING ... Because We're Stupid And Lazy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stu·pid
/ˈst(y)o͞opəd/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. 1.
    having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
    "I was stupid enough to think she was perfect"
    synonyms: unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, dull, slow-witted, witless, slow, dunce-like, simpleminded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, halfwitted, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, imbecile, obtuse, doltish; More

Stupid is a pretty strong word. It’s very degrading.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit is our guide. You have no need that any man teach you anything

Don't need no emergency vehicle, no boat, no helicopter, and ain't no body jump'in on YOUR chariot.

Seems to me you're in GREAT SHAPE. -- Even better, you can now stop wasting your Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, 'cause you got it go'in. Yo, -- you good! :)

Just keep your eyes closed, and keep repeating ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stu·pid
/ˈst(y)o͞opəd/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. 1.
    having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
    "I was stupid enough to think she was perfect"
    synonyms: unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, dull, slow-witted, witless, slow, dunce-like, simpleminded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, halfwitted, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, imbecile, obtuse, doltish; More

Stupid is a pretty strong word. It’s very degrading.

Yep, and I certainly was stupid enough to believe the lies of the church and the commentators, -- until I gained enough common sense to check what they said before I believed it! Yeah! :)

Love that word in this context. It's too bad the sheeple aren't as wise.

Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't need no emergency vehicle, no boat, no helicopter, and ain't no body to jump'in on YOUR chariot.

Seems to me you're in GREAT SHAPE. -- Even better, you can now stop wasting your Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, 'cause you got it go'in. Yo, -- you good! :)

Just keep your eyes closed, and keep repeating ...
Bobby Jo
I haven’t set foot in a religious building in possibly 5 years.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and by the way, -- I NEVER said you had to BELIEVE ANYTHING I tell you. In fact, you're an idiot (another good word) if you DO believe me. -- Again, any man who places himself below another man is a woman, and you ain't designed to be a woman, so DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING ANYONE TELLS YOU without checking it yourself.

Conversely, even the town drunk can be reliable on a dark and stormy night when warning you that the bridge is out. So proceed with due diligence.

... and it's probably 3 or 4 years for me, after my cowardly "HIRELING pastor" out and out LIED to me.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and by the way, -- I NEVER said you had to BELIEVE ANYTHING I tell you. In fact, you're an idiot (another good word) if you DO believe me. -- Again, any man who places himself below another man is a woman, and you ain't designed to be a woman, so DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING ANYONE TELLS YOU without checking it yourself.

Conversely, even the town drunk can be reliable in warning you that the bridge is out -- on a dark and stormy night. So proceed with due diligence.

... and it's probably 3 or 4 years for me, after my cowardly "HIRELING pastor" out and out LIED to me.
Bobby Jo
I’ll be the bride of Christ.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll be the bride of Christ.

... but from Hosea's council and 2 Thess. the odds may be stacked against your expectations:

2 Thess 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, ...

Approximately 40% of the European Jews survived WWII, which means that 60% perished. I expect similar statistics for the Church during the Tribulation. Of course the odds increase for those Christians who have food, fuel, shelter, & necessities ("purse","bag", & "sword", per Luke 22:36) ; and decrease for those who don't. So if you are in the first group, you might make it. But if you're in the second group, you might find yourself as Peter in the courtyard.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah!!!!! So TEAR WHATEVER PAGES OUT OF HIS BIBLE YOU THINK AREN'T NECESSARY! :)

You're the ultimate judge, and I'm quite confident that what you think is important is obviously more important than what GOD had to say. So tear away! :)

... and there ain't no:
  • seven year tribulation
  • tribulation era "rapture"
  • one-world EU
  • etc.
So given your "example", I'm not sure the individual you cited was well grounded. Perhaps it's because he listened to men instead of hearing directly from GOD.

Bobby Jo

Although I agree with some of what you have said I would nevertheless suggest that you modify your delivery method as it comes off as being a bit arrogant and condescending. If you wish to have others consider what you have to say you need to treat them as you would have them treat you, with respect and kindness. And this means being considerate of their opinions even if you don’t agree with them and believe them to be in error.

When presenting the Lord’s word we are to be as bold as a lion, but as gentle as a dove, and as meek as a lamb so as to not drive our listeners away before they have even had the opportunity to hear what we have to say.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe the thought is that the Spirit will lead you to the truth, to the appropriate channels the Lord chooses to use at any given time to dispense truth. Please see our blog post entitled, "Taught of the Lord" for more insight on this.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I agree with some of what you have said I would nevertheless suggest that you modify your delivery method as it comes off as being a bit arrogant and condescending. ...

I appreciate your council, but let me think, -- yeah, when I talked to a young christian man about Bible Prophecy, he challenged why I would bother with that subject. I explained that it was in the Bible, and GOD wants us to know. He again challenged why I would bother, and I said that it's in Scripture and it's there for a REASON. He challenged me a third time, upon which I slid my beloved RSV (no longer available in print) toward him and said that if the pages offend him to tear the pages out. So he tore a page out (Daniel, Chapter 7). I asked him if he was though, and he tore another page out. I again asked him if he was through, and apparently he was.

So YEAH, if "christians" (small "c") want to tear pages from the Bible, then I'll offer my Bible AND SO SHOULD YOU. -- The same goes for using a "Sharpie®" to mark out verses, or an "Exacto®" to cut out verses.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Waiting on him said:

I believe the thought is that the Spirit will lead you to the truth, to the appropriate channels the Lord chooses to use at any given time to dispense truth. Please see our blog post entitled, "Taught of the Lord" for more insight on this.

Ephesians 4:11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

A lot of gifts I receive are tools, hardware, and vehicle, household, and personal attruments. I usually open them and put them to good use. However, I have considered leaving them wrapped and unopened, sitting on a shelf, for a rainy day that will never come, -- something that when I die will probably end up in a land fill. Yeah, that's a better use of those gifts ...

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and it's probably 3 or 4 years for me, after my cowardly "HIRELING pastor" out and out LIED to me. ...

To All,

I'd like to clarity the above conversation in which one Poster asserted that he hadn't been in a church building for five years, to which I replied that I haven't attended a church for the 3 to 4 years (with few exceptions), -- as cited above.

Please be aware that we don't have to attend a "church" but it is necessary for "two or three", or more, to gather together and have fellowship. But EQUALLY IMPORTANT, I don't rob GOD of my tithes and offerings. My wife and I support several various ministries both locally and internationally.

We are REQUIRED to be FULLY faithful to GOD as HE calls each of us! :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... but from Hosea's council and 2 Thess. the odds may be stacked against your expectations:

2 Thess 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, ...

Approximately 40% of the European Jews survived WWII, which means that 60% perished. I expect similar statistics for the Church during the Tribulation. Of course the odds increase for those Christians who have food, fuel, shelter, & necessities ("purse","bag", & "sword", per Luke 22:36) ; and decrease for those who don't. So if you are in the first group, you might make it. But if you're in the second group, you might find yourself as Peter in the courtyard.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo
Have you ever considered that maybe your afraid for your life, and that’s what drives this attitude you have. I mean seriously think about this. If Jesus would have had this chicken crap attitude he’d been bugged out under a rock somewhere in the mountains of Judea, instead of hanging on the cross, so that you could be reconciled.

Hebrews 2:15 KJV
[15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Tecarta Bible

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered that maybe your afraid for your life, ...
Ppppppppppppppph ... Yeah, not.

Please don't consider a career in psychiatry. You have TERRIBLE intuition.
And you might also want to say away from History ...
In fact, you might simply consider watching "Oprah". :)

To All,
The Mensa's have various questions which challenge your intellect. One in particular asks how long it would take dump trucks loading every 15 minutes, to remove Mount Fuji?

There's no math involved. It simply tests if a person has an adequate grasp of a concept, -- and I propose that most christians (and the general population) have very little grasp of the world ...

Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the man drowned in the big flood he asked GOD why HE didn't save him. GOD explained that he sent an emergency vehicle to his house; then a boat; and finally a helicopter to his roof. But each time he insisted that GOD would save him.

Yeah it's an old tired joke. But some people refuse to receive, yet others receive gladly:

Acts 8:30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “How can I, unless some one guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Bobby Jo
I like your joke, but if he’s talking to God then it’s obvious, He did save him.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a bunch of morons we are to believe the LIES of the church and the Semeteries.

The fact is, WE are INSTRUCTED to be full participants in the operation of the church, -- not just the idiots who open their wallets every week to fund the HIRELING:

And whether anyone wants to hear it or not, here is the third point I would like to address. To recap my first two points:

1. While it may be possible to get a rough idea of when the Bible says the end of the world will come, God isn't concerned with us figuring it out; he wants us to be ready at all times.

2. God does want us to be full participants, but he wants it done descently and in order. More importantly, under leadership.

My third point concerns the opening quote. Bobby Jo doesn't seem to be a fan of preachers. Ministers, Pastors, Preachers... However you want to label them.

Folks, it wasn't long ago I got into a debate about this and my stance remains the same. I understand the backlash as there are many that aren't preaching the truth. Here also, the backlash is about not being allowed to "participate". That's rubbish if you understand the participation God expects.

However, being under leadership is still God's intended plan. I have given verses that support this in the past and will again if requested.

However, even IF you don't subscribe to my point of view, there is something odd with Bobby Jo here.

He spoke I'll of "hirelings" from Churches and seminaries. Folks just after your open wallet. Ok. Fine. But the problem is he later goes on to promote the work of JR Church: an independent Baptist (I suppose that's not a denomination because it's "independent"), a well known television evangelist and a graduate from Temple University in Chattanooga. A seminary.

I mean... Need I say more?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him

So now that we don't have to fear the consequences of you ~jumping off a bridge~ because your doctrines may not all be correct, do you think we could start a conversation on how the Psalms are Prophetic, and lead us to know the YEAR of Jesus' return, -- or would you rather keep a pail of sand handy?

And remember, DON'T BELIEVE A THING ANYONE TELLS YOU. Check EVERYTHING out for yourself (i.e., try the spirits) and JUDGE exactly as you're supposed to:

1 Cor. 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

Bobby Jo