We Don't Know NOTHING ... Because We're Stupid And Lazy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! And I am quite confident that God will reward you appropriately as well.
I worked with a man for 9 years. Every day he screamed and holler the raptures coming. Talked for years about how God was so full of wrath. In fact my opinion is he vilified God. I never once heard him speak of his great mercy. How can this be?

Reactions: Willie T

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, -- PLEASE take any discussion on evolution (i.e., 6,000 years) to either an existing Topic on the subject, or create a New Topic.
Thanks, Bobby Jo
...or "Xena: Warrior Princess" from "Hercules" or "Joanie Love Chachi" from "Happy Days"

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked with a man for 9 years. Every day he screamed and holler the raptures coming. Talked for years about how God was so full of wrath. In fact my opinion is he vilified God. I never once heard him speak of his great mercy. How can this be?
Never mind.... stay on topic.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah!!!!! So TEAR WHATEVER PAGES OUT OF HIS BIBLE YOU THINK AREN'T NECESSARY! :)

You're the ultimate judge, and I'm quite confident that what you think is important is obviously more important than what GOD had to say. So tear away! :)

... and there ain't no:
  • seven year tribulation
  • tribulation era "rapture"
  • one-world EU
  • etc.
So given your "example", I'm not sure the individual you cited was well grounded. Perhaps it's because he listened to men instead of hearing directly from GOD.

Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah!!!!! So TEAR WHATEVER PAGES OUT OF HIS BIBLE YOU THINK AREN'T NECESSARY! :)

You're the ultimate judge, and I'm quite confident that what you think is important is obviously more important than what GOD had to say. So tear away! :)

... and there ain't no:
  • seven year tribulation
  • tribulation era "rapture"
  • one-world EU
  • etc.
So given your "example", I'm not sure the individual you cited was well grounded. Perhaps it's because he listed to men instead of hearing directly from GOD.

Bobby Jo
Would you consider that maybe you’ve been indoctrinated by JR Church??

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guessing maybe I haven’t learned to suffer people as well as I should. He resists the proud.
I don't see him as resisting the proud. He was the proud! You suffered him well. Give someone enough time and they will produce enough rope to hang themselves.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see him as resisting the proud. He was the proud! You suffered him well. Give someone enough time and they will produce enough rope to hang themselves.
Maybe I’ll start a thread that heads, we don’t know anything because we build on the foundations of fallible men, instead of doing independent study and building on the foundation of Christ?

Reactions: FHII

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you consider that maybe you’ve been indoctrinated by JR Church??

Nope. In fact I independently validated his premise BEYOND what J.R. Church presented. It's simply a matter of the synergism of sharing and receiving information of which some may be correct, some incorrect, some complete, some incomplete, -- and arrive to a place greater that any of the individual contributors, -- including my own contributions. -- But YOU DON'T HAVE TO RECEIVE THE THINGS OF GOD.

Jeremiah wrote:

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known.

... and Hosea wrote:

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge

Do what you want. I'm quite confident that the outcome will be commensurate.

Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sincerely believe men throw their repeated doctrines out there believing if they can convince someone else of it somehow it’ll make it true

Reactions: Bobby Jo

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HIS BIBLE YOU THINK AREN'T NECESSARY! :)
Did you consider all of 1 Cor 14 or did you just quote or missquote the verses you liked?

I never did hear you agree to the notion that everything should be done descently and in order.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I’ll start a thread that heads, we don’t know anything because we build on the foundations of fallible men, instead of doing independent study and building on the foundation of Christ?
I would support and challenge that thread.

But then again, I'm wacky.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. In fact I independently validated his premise BEYOND what J.R. Church presented. It's simply a matter of the synergism of sharing and receiving information of which some may be correct, some incorrect, some complete, some incomplete, -- and arrive to a place greater that any of the individual contributors, -- including my own contributions. -- But YOU DON'T HAVE TO RECEIVE THE THINGS OF GOD.

Jeremiah wrote:

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known.

... and Hosea wrote:

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge

But do what you want. I'm quite confident that the outcome will be commensurate.

Bobby Jo
You asking me to receive the gospel of Bobby jo. Sorry not interested. If I need to know something I feel very confident that God will supply

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sincerely believe men throw their repeated doctrines out there believing if they can convince someone else of it somehow it’ll make it true

Well don't "try the spirits" because if you discovered your doctrines are incorrect, you just might jump off a bridge, and we wouldn't want THAT.

So close your eyes, click your heels three times, and repeat "There's no place like home", over and over.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... If I need to know something I feel very confident that God will supply

After the man drowned in the big flood he asked GOD why HE didn't save him. GOD explained that he sent an emergency vehicle to his house; then a boat; and finally a helicopter to his roof. But each time he insisted that GOD would save him.

Yeah it's an old tired joke. But some people refuse to receive, yet others receive gladly:

Acts 8:30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “How can I, unless some one guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Bobby Jo

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
discovered your doctrines are incorrect, you just might jump off a bridge, and we wouldn't want THAT.

Well, we are trying your spirit... And be in my case, your spirit went silent! When confronted with my spirit, yours chose to ignore. Your spirit shut the hell up.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the man drowned in the big flood he asked GOD why HE didn't save him. GOD explained that he sent an emergency vehicle to his house; then a boat; and finally a helicopter to his roof. But each time he insisted that GOD would save him.

Yeah it's an old tired joke, but human nature never changes ...

Bobby Jo
What’s the punch line, we have to save ourselves??

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we are trying your spirit... And be in my case, your spirit went silent! When confronted with my spirit, yours chose to ignore. Your spirit shut the hell up.
I believe He says in there somewhere,He shuts the mouths of lions? Or something of that nature.

Reactions: FHII

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the punch line, we have to save ourselves??

... belatedly edited to:

Yeah it's an old tired joke. But some people refuse to receive, yet others receive gladly:

Acts 8:30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “How can I, unless some one guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... belatedly edited to:

Bobby Jo
The Spirit is our guide. You have no need that any man teach you anything