We must repent of sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I think you are being disengenous.

And I'm not interested in playing that game.

Like you really don't know!

Sure!

I'm not buying that for a moment.
Personally, I don't think that you would disagree with the concept that the God of the Old and New Testaments are the same God. Because you would knowingly be disagreeing with sound doctrine.

However, your other doctrines seem to imply that you believe in two different Gods in the Old and New Testaments.

Therefore, I asked you, because you have brought confusion into the matter.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just go back and read my posts if you want to know what I think. I've said this many times. If you want to know, there it is.
To me, your posts are vague and they do not say very clearly what you believe. I have read them, and yet I also have no idea what it is that you think I should know from reading them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, you other doctrines seem to imply that you believe in two different Gods in the Old and New Testaments.
Again, I don't find this credible.

I think you are saying things of me that you know to be not true, and trying to make me look like what you know I'm not.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, when we are looking at what the Bible says about repentance, I'll ask, where are you looking?

Quote a passage, and let's see what it says. Let's look at the words God uses, and what they mean.

Don't just sit there and try to make out that I think there are different Gods, or that I talk like there are. Seriously!

Repentance necessary for salvation. (see the OP; where I quote a passage and expound on what it says, with pure and true exegesis).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I don't find this credible.
"That's incredible!"

There was a television series in the 1980's that gave real live instances where things that we don't find credible, yet had a basis in reality.

If you believe in one God in the Old and New Testaments, just say so; and we will go from there.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a series in the 1980's that gave real live instances where things that we don't find credible, yet had a basis in reality.
Huh?

Regardless, you seem to me disengenuous, asking contrived questions that I'm sure you know the answer to, trying to make me look like something I'm not.

And again, I'm not playing along.

You seem to be intent on doing this to avoid the linguistic discussion. That's just how it seems to me, but that IS how it seems to me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe in one God in the Old and New Testaments, just say so; and we will go from there.
So, since you already know what my answer is . . . Why are you asking the question?

Go back to the word Metanoia, and learn what it means. It doesn't change God.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh?

Regardless, you seem to me disengenuous, asking contrived questions that I'm sure you know the answer to, trying to make me look like something I'm not.

And again, I'm not playing along.

You are evading the question because the answer will help me along in my argument; whatever the answer might be.

So, since you already know what my answer is . . . Why are you asking the question?

I don't know what your answer is.....I am genuinely curious as to what it is.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone have the mind of Christ and yet do something as though they have the mind of the flesh?

If they do according to the mind of the flesh, are they not walking according to the mind of the flesh?

Therefore, do they not have the mind of the flesh?

One must change their direction, at the very least, to begin again to walk according to the mind of Christ.
The Spirit of Christ changes the person upon whom it enters .
We cant be the same old man loving and living in sin anymore . The proof of the SPIRIT
is that the body is dead because of sin . And if any does err , they must be corrected .
Yes indeed .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark its far simplier if when you , me or anyone is asked questions just explain .
Perhaps, when someone is asking an honest question. These questions are ones he already knows my answer, and has an agenda by asking. Carefully worded. Not responsive. "Gotcha" sort of questions. I've played along for a long time.

Do I think that the God of the Old Testament is the same God as the New Testament? Seriously? And this asked as a response to my comments on the words used in the Bible.

No, this is deflection, "gotcha", and is disengenuous.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are evading the question because the answer will help me along in my argument; whatever the answer might be.

I don't know what your answer is.....I am genuinely curious as to what it is.
If I thought you were having an honest conversation with me, I'd continue.

AS IF I've ever given you reason to think I'm polytheistic, of all things!

Genuinely curious if I believe in multiple Gods.

Yeah, totally believable! (not)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, when someone is asking an honest question. These questions are ones he already knows my answer, and has an agenda by asking. Carefully worded. Not responsive. "Gotcha" sort of questions. I've played along for a long time.

Do I think that the God of the Old Testament is the same God as the New Testament? Seriously? And this asked as a response to my comments on the words used in the Bible.

Much love!
Well , i think for sure we all know its the same God .
If we dont we are seriously fooling ourselves .
Mark , something i am seeing that is really lacking in this generation . SEE if you dont see this same thing as well .
It seems hardly anyone takes notice on the severity side of GOD . And they also preach a false goodness of Him as well .
What i mean by false goodness is , they say things like GOD is love and any time one tries to correct their errors , i mean sins
they say OH GOD IS LOVE . I hear many often say things like , All that matters is that we love JESUS .
YET , ponder this . IF WE LOVED JESUS , WE WOULD NOT LOVE SIN . As i am sure you do agree .
See there are many in outright sins , like love of money , or transgender , gay , etc . And they claim to LOVE CHRIST
BUT dont you see how false that is . THEY came to another jesus , one who is okay with their sin . SO
what they really loved was a god of their own making , and who they still worship is self and satan .
cause who would allow them to feel like all is well in sin . Satan would .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its why i always plead for folks to go back into those bibles and learn that CHRIST . Learn well what the apostels taught .
In case some here do not know what is going on, let me explain briefly .
All religoins , even christendom is being infected with this god of love . AND YET
the love i see proves its satan they are grouping under . TO be as one .
They have purposefully sent men into our churches , years ago , to change us from within .
They did this with the other false religoins as well .
This whole world secular to all religoins are being ushered into worship of a god . its name is love .
AND YET its NOT GOD NOR LOVE . I SEE how they are getting the churches to be as one and to align us with the other religoins .
The god they follow is satan , Just like i once did , but they use partial truths , JUST LIKE SATAN DID
to get us to come together , to be as one . THEY use the word love and yet , AS I SAID , ITS NOT LOVE , ITS NOT GOD .
But its working on many now and many more will buy into this lie .
WE must stand and contend for the one true faith and NOW . I even see some folks here on this forum,
that are already under some kind of influence of this one world image of God . ONLY IT AINT GOD , ITS THE DRAGON .
And they will worship the dragon . Its coming full force under this we are one all inclusive social gospel . DO NOT FALL FOR IT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I thought you were having an honest conversation with me, I'd continue.

AS IF I've ever given you reason to think I'm polytheistic, of all things!

Genuinely curious if I believe in multiple Gods.

Yeah, totally believable! (not)
mark , read the last two responses i made . I would like to hear your response and see if you have noticed this .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we dont we are seriously fooling ourselves .
It's not the only way people fool themselves. Some fool themselves thinking they are fooling others.

It seems hardly anyone takes notice on the severity side of GOD .
I speak to the church, the true church, the body of Christ.

And I don't know about others, but no, that's not what I see. More often what I see is a sense of condemnation in those whom God has justified. I attribute this largely to the plethora of false teachers leading away from Grace through faith, into legalist ideas like, You have to make sure you hold onto your faith to stay saved, or, you if you sin, you'd die again, or, well, just look over the posts on this forum!

We are saved by grace through faith. If you believe Him, He'll give you His gift, eternal life, making you brand new, His child, rescued!

IF WE LOVED JESUS , WE WOULD NOT LOVE SIN .

The new man loves Jesus, the old man hates Him. The new man serves God, the old man cannot. The new man is righteous, the old man corrupt. The new man loves righteousness, the old man is lost in sin. The new man is in Christ, the old man in Adam. The new man is alive in the Spirit, the old man is condemned flesh. The new man bears fruit unto life, the old man fruit unto death.

The new man lives with God in the heavenly realm, the old man is here on earth. The new man will live to see his body transformed incorruptible, and immortal, and this whole "old man" thing will be over forever.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really . . . show of hands . . . Which of you love sin? Which of you want to sin? Who here thinks sin is approved behavior?

Anyone?

. . . . crickets . . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really . . . show of hands . . . Which of you love sin? Which of you want to sin? Who here thinks sin is approved behavior?

Anyone?

. . . . crickets . . . .
If we allowing folks to believe their own religoin , muslim , or whatever they follow , is fine . THEN WE LOVE SIN .
If we allow those who claim to be christain and yet walk in sin , to not be corrected of said sin , then we love sin .
Because if we love not our brother , if we hate our brethren then we are a murderer . AND ye know no murderer has eternal life .
And Now a word . DO not HATE your neighbor in your Heart , you shall in any way correct Him and not allow SIN upon Him .
Why do we think paul said , though the more abundantely i love you , the LESS i be loved .
cause love , IF IT is of GOD , desires none to perish , THUS IT WOULD CORRECT . FOR all whom GOD loves HE CORRECTS . Let us ponder on that one .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see any reason to question the wisdom of Solomon

Justbyfaithplusluckyrepentance accuses God Himself Of putting out False Doctrine such as Romans 10:13 ......If any verse traps him and his Perverted “ Gospel” Of Lucky Repentance , he just overrides what God plainly says and accuses God of including things in the Bible that does not really belong there.....
If this Tare can correct God.....He SURE ain’t gonna have any problem correcting Solomon ....