We...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
don't mind paying for things in life which are for our flesh to enjoy.
But how is it that we have a problem giving offerings to those who bring the things FOR eternal life for our soul, being the Word of Truth?

Why do most put little value on the Word of God and those who bring it?

Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate {GIVE} unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
KJV

Have we not understood that to give for our spirit man's growth is GAIN in God's eyes?

And shows Him WHERE our heart is?

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
KJV

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
afaithfulone4u: Why do most put little value on the Word of God and those who bring it?

The big question would be; does the place where a person tithes to, put absolute "value on the Word of God"; teaches living by every Word of God and keeping His commandments?

If so, that's the best investment a person can make.
And it better be at least 10%.

God says; "I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes", can't beat that deal.

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings."

"Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation."

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

"And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts."

A little while back, I had something coming up where it looked like I needed some emergency cash on hand.
I figured God would understand, so I didn't tithe that month.

God taught me a lesson.
I got robbed!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
IBeMe said:
afaithfulone4u: Why do most put little value on the Word of God and those who bring it?

The big question would be; does the place where a person tithes to, put absolute "value on the Word of God"; teaches living by every Word of God and keeping His commandments?

If so, that's the best investment a person can make.
And it better be at least 10%.

God says; "I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes", can't beat that deal.

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings."

"Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation."

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

"And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts."

A little while back, I had something coming up where it looked like I needed some emergency cash on hand.
I figured God would understand, so I didn't tithe that month.

God taught me a lesson.
I got robbed!

Amen.... I know exactly what you mean.. I too have had growing pains as I received the back side of God's hand for being unfaithful instead of what was in His palm!
That is how we learn how to walk by faith IN THE WORD and be raised up from the dead unto life and life more abundantly!

I made a vow to give to the work of God one day and then retracted it saying that I was deceived and wanted no part of it. My income dried up overnight. I one day stumbled on to was revealed this verse:
Eccl 5:1-6
5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
4 When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
5 Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
KJV

God is for real and is VERY SERIOUS about promises being kept!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
don't mind paying for things in life which are for our flesh to enjoy.
But how is it that we have a problem giving offerings to those who bring the things FOR eternal life for our soul, being the Word of Truth?

Why do most put little value on the Word of God and those who bring it?

Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate {GIVE} unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
KJV

Have we not understood that to give for our spirit man's growth is GAIN in God's eyes?

And shows Him WHERE our heart is?

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
KJV
Are you saying that we Christians have a bad habit of trying to serve two masters, even if we don't conscientiously try to do so?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
I neglected to answer your question regarding the soil of where we sow our tithes. That is our duty to be sure that we are sowing into good soil that builds the temple upon the foundation of THE WORD and not Peter, nor Paul, nor Apollos.. but CHRIST! For we shall reap a prophets reward, meaning who you partnered with to reap what spiritual seed they have sown.

But to make plain, my OP is not speaking of tithes which is a portion(1/10) of our income as spoken of in 1Cor.16:1-3.

I was merely speaking of our offerings for the man of God who prepares and serves ones spiritual meal, so that the servant of God can get their needs met. They to live in a house, have mortgage or rent, need food, clothing, car, etc...

The tithe is not to go for the church building made with man's hands for comfy pews.. it is supposed to go to the poor saints in Jerusalem according to:
1 Cor 16:1-3
16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
KJV
Rom 15:25-27
25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
KJV

The book of Ruth(new covenant Israel) where she brings some of the substance to Naomi(old covenant Israel) that she reaps from working the field for Boaz( OUR kinsmen REDEEMER, Jesus) whom will have a child (Obed, sons of God) that will be called a child of NAOMI(the root Israel) as the children of God(the HOLY body of Christ) Man child(One new man) of Rev 12:5 that will inherit the bride heavenly Jerusalem that will eventually come down to earth as Restored Israel .
Ruth 4:13-17
13 So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bare a son.
14 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the LORD, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.
15 And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
16 And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.
17 And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
KJV

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
I neglected to answer your question regarding the soil of where we sow our tithes. That is our duty to be sure that we are sowing into good soil that builds the temple upon the foundation of THE WORD and not Peter, nor Paul, nor Apollos.. but CHRIST! For we shall reap a prophets reward, meaning who you partnered with to reap what spiritual seed they have sown.

But to make plain, my OP is not speaking of tithes which is a portion(1/10) of our income as spoken of in 1Cor.16:1-3.

I was merely speaking of our offerings for the man of God who prepares and serves ones spiritual meal, so that the servant of God can get their needs met. They to live in a house, have mortgage or rent, need food, clothing, car, etc...

The tithe is not to go for the church building made with man's hands for comfy pews.. it is supposed to go to the poor saints in Jerusalem according to:
1 Cor 16:1-3
16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
KJV
Rom 15:25-27
25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
KJV

The book of Ruth(new covenant Israel) where she brings some of the substance to Naomi(old covenant Israel) that she reaps from working the field for Boaz( OUR kinsmen REDEEMER, Jesus) whom will have a child (Obed, sons of God) that will be called a child of NAOMI(the root Israel) as the children of God(the HOLY body of Christ) Man child(One new man) of Rev 12:5 that will inherit the bride heavenly Jerusalem that will eventually come down to earth as Restored Israel .
Ruth 4:13-17
13 So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bare a son.
14 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the LORD, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.
15 And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
16 And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.
17 And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
KJV

1 Corinthians 9:13-14 talks about giving pastors financial support. In those verses, Paul says the following:

"Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel."

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Dodo_David said:
Are you saying that we Christians have a bad habit of trying to serve two masters, even if we don't conscientiously try to do so?
Not exactly, what I am saying is where you put your treasures is the place where your heart is.
You can have money to pay for your needs so that you do not have to be put in a position to be unfaithful to Christ to get your needs met. It is ill-gotten gains that God is talking about as serving two masters... If you goal is to get rich without Gods prosperity which comes by seeking ye first the kingdom of God and His way of doing things.. THEN all other THINGS shall be Added UNTO YOU.

God wants you to be rich INWARDLY FIRST.... then He is able to bless you outwardly for you will not be destroyed by any wealth that God may want to give you. Our first and only concern should be to seek spiritual richness... God will speak to you through His Word how to be prosperous and in good health even as YOUR SOUL PROSPERS.
3 John 2
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
KJV
If your heart is only to love God for money or to serve money as your god by doing what ever it takes, lying, cheating, killing, stealing, immorally etc to gain for YOURSELF... then you are serving sin and ill gotten gains will be given to the righteous in the end.
Don't put your trust in your carnal riches.... Put your trust in the One who owns it ALL, GOD! And let Him hand out His wealth to whom He sees fit that never rot or rust!

Dodo_David said:
1 Corinthians 9:13-14 talks about giving pastors financial support. In those verses, Paul says the following:

"Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel."
Exactly! To be a cheerful giver unto God and His work(FREE WILL OFFERINGS) to get the gospel out by helping those who TAKE the truth into all the world to their destination, for they are willing to leave their homes and family for the work of God and it will be a benefit to our heavenly account. The right heart attitude is for the Word to be spread for soul winning.

Your TITHES are to give back a portion of what God has first given to you by allowing us to use HIS EARTH to earn wages and making it possible for us to have favor to find work. Most of the world thinks they are their source... but we know that our God is Ours. He gives us all the blessings in life to make our way smooth and happy without sorrow.The Just are those who are LIVING by faith.. In God not in themselves, nor government, nor neighbor, nor any man's hand.. but the hand of God, the Word is the hand of God and Jesus is the Word. Put our confidence in what God has promised, not in what we see in the natural..
Heb 10:35-39
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
KJV
Phil 4:14-19
14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate{Give} with my affliction.
15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.
17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
KJV

Be careful that you give with a right heart attitude... do not sow into a ministry that says, this month for your OFFERING, we want to GIVE YOU a trinket! For you have not given freely to help the kingdom... you just bought a trinket with your offering.