OSAS being False Doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just your opinion; and not a very good one at that.
At least I have posted scripture to support my opinion..

How was it, that you said we become Born of God..Born Again.?......

Then we can compare it with scripture..the Living word of God?

John 3​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you[f] do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[g] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JBO said....So many of your opinions are in complete disagreement when so many others.

Rita says.....there could be 1,000 who disagree with what I say......I don’t go by OPINIONS...that’s of the flesh......?......I go by the word of God.....
You, of course, go by opinions. The opinions that you go by are your own. You post the word of God, but you know so little about what it even means -- making up phrases like "birthed in the Spirit" that appears nowhere in the scriptures. And more importantly, a concept that is not scriptural. And then you make up all sort of nonsense based on what you think that means, i.e, your opinion.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I have posted scripture to support my opinion..

How was it, that you said we become Born of God..Born Again.?......

Then we can compare it with scripture..the Living word of God?

John 3​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you[f] do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[g] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life
Yes, you have posted John 3:1-15. You tell us that it is talking about being "birthed in the Spirit". That is a concept that is unbiblical, and it certainly doesn't come from that passage of scripture.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, you have posted John 3:1-15. You tell us that it is talking about being "birthed in the Spirit". That is a concept that is unbiblical, and it certainly doesn't come from that passage of scripture.
I asked you to post, what you believe Born Again means...?still waiting?

We are by God’s power ..Spirit gives birth to spirit? Biblical..now, explain what it means.thanks.

Enlighten me with your spiritual understanding?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You, of course, go by opinions. The opinions that you go by are your own. You post the word of God, but you know so little about what it even means -- making up phrases like "birthed in the Spirit" that appears nowhere in the scriptures. And more importantly, a concept that is not scriptural. And then you make up all sort of nonsense based on what you think that means, i.e, your opinion.
Already explained..Birthed in the Spirit....it means Spirit gives birth to spirit...Biblical?

Now you explain by scripture what it means....because the story that you gave regarding the rebirth.

Wasn’t Biblical..I can post what you said also and probably will.

Once you post that scripture..like you ask me...I will ask you to interpret it...

Here is one of your manmade theology/ opinion....you posted this....God’s word disagrees with you.

Faith is not a gift given by God... @JBO said this...Wow!!........yet God says loud and clear.....

Ephesians 2:8-10​

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV​

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Only God can gift us the faith to believe in Jesus, he does it when we become Born of God....Born Again....

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you to post, what you believe Born Again means...?still waiting?

We are by God’s power ..Spirit gives birth to spirit? Biblical..now, explain what it means.thanks.
First of all, God is Spirit. God forms the spirit of man in him (Zech 12:1). We assume that occurs sometime between conception and birth. Man's spirit is the "image" of God in which he was formed (Gen 1:26-27). Thus we have Spirit giving birth to spirit. The question you have to ask is what it means to be born again. Clearly that does not mean born again physically. That was Nicodemus' question in John 3:4. Jesus didn't answer Nicodemus' question directly about entering a second time into his mother's womb and be born. He simply described what He meant by being born again. He said, "unless one is born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" (V.5). Jesus' answer then is that to be born again is to be born of water and Spirit. [I will note here that there is no article before the word Spirit in the Greek; it does not say born of water and the Spirit; rather, it says born of water and Spirit.] Jesus answer also rebuts directly that the notion of the water mentioned there being amniotic fluid is patently false since that would indicate being born the first time, not being born again.

The real question that Nicodemus should have asked is why one must be born again to enter (see) the kingdom of God. The answer to that question is that once one has sinned, whenever that occurred, the spirit of man becomes dead in that sin. As time goes on, then man is said to be dead in his trespasses and sins( e.g, Eph 2:1). The one dead in trespasses and sins cannot enter (see) the kingdom of God. God cannot, because of His holiness, allow a sinner, one who is dead in trespasses and sins, to enter His kingdom. That sinner must be born again to bring his spirit back from being dead to being alive again. The sinner must be made alive again. His spirit must be brought back to a living, not a dead, condition. Jesus described that elsewhere.

For example, we have "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live" (John 5:24-25). That is a description of being born again, i.e., the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and will live. Some will try to say that is the resurrection at the end of the age when Jesus returns. But that can't be. Jesus said, "an hour is coming AND NOW IS when.....".

What does that mean? If one is (spiritually) dead in his trespasses and sins, then how can he be made (spiritually) alive again. That happens when God forgives his trespasses and sins. Paul said in Ephesians 2, "when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ".

Therefore we have then, before being born agian, a man is (spiritually) dead in his unforgiven trespasses and sins; and after being born again, the man is (spiritually) alive in his forgiven trespasses and sins.

There is more but that is enough for now.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already explained..Birthed in the Spirit....it means Spirit gives birth to spirit...Biblical?

Now you explain by scripture what it means....because the story that you gave regarding the rebirth.

Wasn’t Biblical..I can post what you said also and probably will.

Once you post that scripture..like you ask me...I will ask you to interpret it...

Here is one of your manmade theology/ opinion....you posted this....God’s word disagrees with you.

Faith is not a gift given by God... @JBO said this...Wow!!........yet God says loud and clear.....

Ephesians 2:8-10​

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV​

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Only God can gift us the faith to believe in Jesus, he does it when we become Born of God....Born Again....
Absolutely and totally false! ! ! !

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 3:6
John 3:9
Each say “born OF the spirit”.

Some people do not pay much attention to the importance of the “little words”….
IN - OF
Mens “spirits” have been offered a WAY to be Born OF Gods Seed. Gods Seed IS Christ. Christ IS Spirit. Mans “spirit” is Born OF Gods Seed.
Thereafter, the Seed of God (Christ) remains IN the mans ‘born again spirit’.
And The Spirit of Truth, enters the mans “born again spirit”.
The Advantage for that man IS:
Christ, the SEED of God, IS Also the POWER and WISDOM “of” God.

The “born again spirit of man”…thereafter has:
The seed, The truth, The power, The wisdom OF God (who IS Spirit) “IN” him…

Gods Truth, Gods Wisdom (which IS Gods Understanding of Gods Words of Truth), Gods supreme Almighty Power; with Gods Seed, causing…Gods Truth, Gods Understanding, God Power…….IN and WITH that man, 24-7 forever….

Some men DO have that ADVANTAGE….
But that which some men DO NOT “use” that advantage to Glorify God.

@Ritajanice is Advocating for men to BE “born again”…. Great!

Advocating to men WHO ARE “born again”….
Serves “no” purpose.

Addressing HOW an individual CAN BE MADE “spirt born again”…..Great!

Addressing HOW God fulfills HIS WORD to MAKE “a mans spirit born again”….Great!

RitaJanice..preaches HOW God fulfills HIS WORD IS by through, of Gods Will….Great!

RitaJanice…expressly Interjects HOW God fulfills His Will….has nothing to do with mans will….Great! Gods will and mans will each are their own.

RitaJanice…expressly Interjects a man has NO PART, NO CHOICE in the man becoming “born again”….FALSE

RitaJanice…expressly ARGUES AGAINST, a man having A CHOICE to become MADE born again….FALSE

RitaJanice…expressly ARGUES, God chose the man, the man never CHOOSES God…
FALSE

RitaJanice…expressly says;
“God chose me.
God reaches them his way...not man’s way....i had never read a bible in my life...before I was birthed in the Spirit....I knew all about Jesus,as I was taught RE..at school.”

RitaJanice…God Chose her, God Rebirthed her spirit, she (an no man) plays a part in CHOOSING Gods rebirth. FALSE.

A man’s spirit is NOT rebirthed…
Without the mans Choice to Believe, Choice to Confess his Belief, Choice to Repent for having not believed, Choice to willlingly Lay down his (bodiy) Life unto Death, For his Love of God.

Once a man IS born again…God chooses them to preach “His word”, according to “His way”….TRUTH.

Learning “all about Jesus”, is NOT how or why a mans spirit is “born again”.
Learning “anything about the Lord God”, IS How a man receives measure of Gods Gift of “Faith”, not Salvation, not Sanctification.

Glory to God,
Taken

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learning “anything about the Lord God”, IS How a man receives measure of Gods Gift of “Faith”, not Salvation, not Sanctification.

Glory to God,
Taken
If you have reference to Romans 12:3, then I think you have misunderstood what Paul was saying. In the passage, Romans 12:3-8, Paul is speaking about gifts, specifically gifts of grace. The measure that he is speaking of is for the gifts. He is saying that gifts are given in relation to the faith. Verse six makes this a little more apparent.

Therefore gifts given to each are measured according to the faith of each. Paul says we are all different (v. 4), and our gifts are all different also (v.6) and they are different in proportion to our faith (vv. 6-8) Paul says of our different gifts, "let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. "

Here, it is not faith that is being measured; rather it is prophecy, service, teaching, exhortation, contribution, leading, and acts of mercy for each individual. And each of those in proportion to the faith of each individual.

Reactions: Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 3:6
John 3:9
Each say “born OF the spirit”.

Some people do not pay much attention to the importance of the “little words”….
IN - OF
Mens “spirits” have been offered a WAY to be Born OF Gods Seed. Gods Seed IS Christ. Christ IS Spirit. Mans “spirit” is Born OF Gods Seed.
Thereafter, the Seed of God (Christ) remains IN the mans ‘born again spirit’.
And The Spirit of Truth, enters the mans “born again spirit”.
The Advantage for that man IS:
Christ, the SEED of God, IS Also the POWER and WISDOM “of” God.
That is not what God’s word says..and the Spirit of truth enters the mans Born Again Spirit..manmade theology..your theology.
The “born again spirit of man”…thereafter has:
The seed, The truth, The power, The wisdom OF God (who IS Spirit) “IN” him…

Gods Truth, Gods Wisdom (which IS Gods Understanding of Gods Words of Truth), Gods supreme Almighty Power; with Gods Seed, causing…Gods Truth, Gods Understanding, God Power…….IN and WITH that man, 24-7 forever….

Some men DO have that ADVANTAGE….
But that which some men DO NOT “use” that advantage to Glorify God.

@Ritajanice is Advocating for men to BE “born again”…. Great!

Advocating to men WHO ARE “born again”….
Serves “no” purpose.

Addressing HOW an individual CAN BE MADE “spirt born again”…..Great!

Addressing HOW God fulfills HIS WORD to MAKE “a mans spirit born again”….Great!

RitaJanice..preaches HOW God fulfills HIS WORD IS by through, of Gods Will….Great!

RitaJanice…expressly Interjects HOW God fulfills His Will….has nothing to do with mans will….Great! Gods will and mans will each are their own.

RitaJanice…expressly Interjects a man has NO PART, NO CHOICE in the man becoming “born again”….FALSE

RitaJanice…expressly ARGUES AGAINST, a man having A CHOICE to become MADE born again….FALSE

RitaJanice…expressly ARGUES, God chose the man, the man never CHOOSES God…
FALSE
...there is no where in scripture that says what you say here..your own belief system.

@Taken ...has formed her own dialogue on what it means to be Born Again...she even said ,that Born Again had been accomplished in her...

No where in God’s word does it say anything like that....her own belief system..
RitaJanice…expressly says;
“God chose me.
God reaches them his way...not man’s way....i had never read a bible in my life...before I was birthed in the Spirit....I knew all about Jesus,as I was taught RE..at school.”

@Taken isn’t understanding the rebirth that God does..therefore to try and cover her false accusations...she has twisted my testimony..

She even said that Born Again has been accomplished in her...not biblical whatsoever.
RitaJanice…God Chose her, God Rebirthed her spirit, she (an no man) plays a part in CHOOSING Gods rebirth. FALSE.

Rita became Born Again when the Holy Spirit/ God testified with our spirit that we are his children..biblical.

@Taken said..that Born Again was accomplished in her...FALSE..

She has not once produced scripture ,to back up her belief.

A man’s spirit is NOT rebirthed…
Without the mans Choice to Believe, Choice to Confess his Belief, Choice to Repent for having not believed, Choice to willlingly Lay down his (bodiy) Life unto Death, For his Love of God.

Once a man IS born again…God chooses them to preach “His word”, according to “His way”….TRUTH.

Glory to God,
Taken
Just your opinion.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say we choose the rebirth..as @Taken has said...God’s Born Again scripture is very easy to understand.

Taken theology is manmade and confusing, because she is confused, regarding Born Again...she’s so confused that she said..” Born Again “ has been accomplished in her...

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, God is Spirit. God forms the spirit of man in him (Zech 12:1). We assume that occurs sometime between conception and birth. Man's spirit is the "image" of God in which he was formed (Gen 1:26-27). Thus we have Spirit giving birth to spirit. The question you have to ask is what it means to be born again. Clearly that does not mean born again physically. That was Nicodemus' question in John 3:4. Jesus didn't answer Nicodemus' question directly about entering a second time into his mother's womb and be born. He simply described what He meant by being born again. He said, "unless one is born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" (V.5). Jesus' answer then is that to be born again is to be born of water and Spirit. [I will note here that there is no article before the word Spirit in the Greek; it does not say born of water and the Spirit; rather, it says born of water and Spirit.] Jesus answer also rebuts directly that the notion of the water mentioned there being amniotic fluid is patently false since that would indicate being born the first time, not being born again.

God FORMS the body.
The FORM-ED body…has multiple parts…
Head, trunk, arms, legs, organs, nerves, tissue, bones, etc. AND Expressly

* A Brain with natural mixed thoughts..MIND
* Heart with natural true thoughts……..SPIRIT
* Blood the Body’s natural………………….LIFE

That natural BODY IS being FORM-ED “IN” Water.

That natural BODY IS born, when it comes forth out FROM the Water.

Mans scientific name for that particular Water (amniotic fluid).

Mans common law name for a Pregnant woman (amniotic fluid)…water.

Adam was Form-ed (complete with its Parts)…”and” THEN…
Given Two things…
* A soul, which God MADE
* Gods “breath” of Life in that SOUL.

The soul belongs to God.
The souls Life belongs to God.
The souls NAME, is the same NAME the body of that man IS Given…
Names are common use, and spiritual use, means of Identification.

BLOOD of the man, is the mans LIFE.
Soul of the man, is God, called by mans name.
Life In the soul, is Gods, is Gods BREATH.

The mans Body’s LIFE is Mortal…meaning “Appointed to…ie MUST Die”.
The mans LIFE (blood) thus SHALL die.

Two…KINDS of DEATH..
Physical and Spiritual.
* Physical Life is something FIRST born….then ceases to Live naturally….has DIED…experienced DEATH.
* Spiritual Life is something FIRST born…spiritually….then ceases to Live spiritually…has DIED…experienced DEATH.

Soul life (Gods Breath) IS spiritual…it is born spiritually, when God blows it into a physically being birthed man.
(God blows INTO the nostrils, thus, when the nostrils of a babe in process of being born have exited the WATER, it receives Gods soul, with His Breath (LIFE).

Noting the purpose of a natural babe, to receive a soul, life of and from God?
“Communication”, necessary for the Life of a human (blood, body), to Communicate with other Lives of humans.
Meaning…
IN the water, the forming life…does not communicate with other humans.
Eyes…do not see
Ears….do not hear
Nose…does not smell
Tongue…does not taste
Mouth…..does not speak
Flesh…….does not feel touch

Jesus said…”UNLESS” a man is born “OF” water “AND” spirit, he can not enter the Kingdom of God.

A human birth is a human coming forth out from the placenta, which is a watery sac in which the developing human was encased, and being prepared for birth.

Can a man be born without “coming forth” out of a placenta “watery sac”?
IDK…

But then I am not a scientist working on a tax-payers dime in secret trying to develop an electronic device that “looks and mimics a humans behaviors”….nor am I of the “future generation” finding such electronic devices common place, “treated like humans”, and further future generations, not knowing the difference, call them men, women, children, or the “in the works”, non- gender specific…in application as humans.

At the rate of men using and advocating any means possible to KILL off the mass majority of humans that populate the earth, and prevent more from being naturally born…
And the advocating of humans 24-7 being attached to electronical devices…. I CAN imagine a world having VERY few humans (puppeteers) controlling only electronical puppets, named and looking AS, and treated AS human servants.

Born of water? No

Born of water, is the earthly mans first birth.
Born of spirit, is the earthly mans second birth…(If the man is willing and accepts Gods offering to become made wholly Sanctified, according to Gods Way.)

And unless those two things occur, a man shall not enter the Kingdom of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Born of spirit, is the earthly mans second birth…(If the man is willing and accepts Gods offering to become made wholly Sanctified, according to Gods Way.)
Nowhere is this scriptural..manmade doctrine.and her taking scripture and making it her own.

God’s word of truth..re Born Again.

John 3:7 Context​

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

We are Born of the Spirit....not manmade theology.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God FORMS the body.
The FORM-ED body…has multiple parts…
Head, trunk, arms, legs, organs, nerves, tissue, bones, etc. AND Expressly
No, God does not form the body. God created the natural function of procreation. It is through procreation that the body of man and beast is formed. That is different from the spirit of man.

I would note that even the body of Jesus Christ was formed through the physical function of procreation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Post 940. @JBO said this to marks.

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

We are kept by the power of God, not our own power. Faith is the mechanism by which the power of God keeps us. Who is it who is born again who will lose faith even though God Himself is keeping them by giving them faith?

Much love!
Faith is not a gift given by God.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely true..i will post your whole post, when I find it.
What was absolutely false was your statement, "Only God can gift us the faith to believe in Jesus, he does it when we become Born of God....Born Again...."

Faith is not a gift. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word about Christ. For some, for example one raised in a Christian family, that faith could come rather easily. For others it may come only through the very hard task of serious study.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The faith is not the gift spoken of there. The Greek grammar will not permit that interpretation. The gift is being saved by grace through faith. The grace is God's part; the faith is man's part.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What was absolutely false was your statement, "Only God can gift us the faith to believe in Jesus, he does it when we become Born of God....Born Again...."

Faith is not a gift. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word about Christ. For some, for example one raised in a Christian family, that faith could come rather easily. For others it may come only through the very hard task of serious study.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The faith is not the gift spoken of there. The Greek grammar will not permit that interpretation. The gift is being saved by grace through faith. The grace is God's part; the faith is man's part.
100% false....what “you” believe faith to be.

And how can you have faith in Jesus...without the Holy Spirit testifying with our spirit that we are his children.

How would you know Jesus even existed..

@JBO

Status
Not open for further replies.