Weak

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
Greenville, South Carolina
I know im very weak in faith, even if i want to be strong, questions enter my mind, Is God real?, Is the Bible real?, Is Jesus close to me?, Am I really born again, if so why do i think these questions?. Is it the devil tempting me? I am far from perfect and i have gone and come and the bad thing is wondering if I will stay, and having the feeling that Jesus already knows i will fall and is just waiting.Even if I know i never want to fall again,or do....WHY DO I HAVE THESE QUESTIONS! A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN SHOULD NOT! So i guess im not born again. even though i have tried to. I debated to myself whether to bring this up. but i feel this is too important to just let slip by.
I have a feeling that if all these questions keep coming up, i am too lost to be found until there all answered.

Please Help Me. I Need It.

Reactions: jburic09032

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know im very weak in faith, even if i want to be strong, questions enter my mind, Is God real?, Is the Bible real?, Is Jesus close to me?, Am I really born again, if so why do i think these questions?. Is it the devil tempting me? I am far from perfect and i have gone and come and the bad thing is wondering if I will stay, and having the feeling that Jesus already knows i will fall and is just waiting.Even if I know i never want to fall again,or do....WHY DO I HAVE THESE QUESTIONS! A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN SHOULD NOT! So i guess im not born again. even though i have tried to. I debated to myself whether to bring this up. but i feel this is too important to just let slip by.
I have a feeling that if all these questions keep coming up, i am too lost to be found until there all answered.

I have devotionals designed to build faith http://www.youtube.com/rockytopva. This walk with Jesus is a journey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78nkrIrK26c

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio

This is the one area in particular that understanding that though God expects certain works of us it is not our works that save us does help us.

You are young and no doubt fall in and out between the two extremes of trying too hard or giving up inside yourself.

That is not unusual in the beginning of the Christian walk, especially for a young person.

Let go of trying so hard and focus more on just loving God. Develop habits that feed that love, like allowing yourself to marvel at the thousands of curiosities that exist in creation all around you and over your head and under your feet. Make it a point to think on those things and to let yourself feel fascination and amazement with them.

I was participating in a Christian youth group once and they were singing the song, 'Our God is an Awesome God'. The kids all loved singing that song. But I had noticed that they did not show real signs of understanding it judging by the way I saw them walking away from that group. So I asked them to tell me what that word "awesome" meant. None of them knew. A couple came near but none actually knew and many even admitted that.

The Bible tells us to let ourselves feel that awe of God but how will we do that if we do not even know what it is? Or if we know what it is, how will we do it if we are not mindful to remember to do it?

Can you remember the first time you watched fireworks? That feeling is awe. And people often can't help but say "awe" as they see such things, thus that is how the word came to be.

That is the feeling you must look to find in all creation around you and over your head and under your feet.

Your love of God begins with that feeling of awe toward how great he is as His creations so clearly show us.

Work on that for now and don't worry about the rest. As your love builds the rest will begin to happen.

You will see.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Being Born again only means we are saved from the righteous judgment the Lord has for those who remain in their sin. Salvation has nothing to do with intelligence, assurance, or even feelings.

As a Christian we must wrestle with questions like the ones you raised, it demonstrates you are a new creation, after all, does not God implore us to come and reason with Him. Reason means to think, critically, not just spouting overly pious Christian platitudes in place of sound doctrine.

You need not fear these questions. In fact, embrace them, and find the answers in scripture, in logic, and in the lives of others.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know im very weak in faith, even if i want to be strong, questions enter my mind, Is God real?, Is the Bible real?, Is Jesus close to me?,

Jburic,

You have asked a lot of questions, and I don't know if I can answer them all. In fact, I'm not going to try to answer any of the questions you asked, but propose a slightly different question. In my question and answer, I think I can answer the three questions I chose from your post.

My question is whether Jesus actually rose from the dead or not. Did he?

I have read an essay from one preacher on this, and heard this from another, so I can't take credit for this. But with historical events, logic and human reasoning, I get conclude my answer.

Was Jesus real?

The Bible says he was. The Jewish historian Josephus says he was. Even the Muslims acknowledge Jesus lived. There may be other historical documents, and I would be interested in reading what the chronicals of the Roman Empire said, but I don't think it's in doubt that someone named Jesus Christ, Joshsua bar Joseph, or what ever name you want to call him existed. There was a man who claimed to be the Christ, and he was crucified. Historical accounts alone say that was true. If you can accept that, please read on.

The Bible says he had 12 main disciples. 11 went on, and there was Judas. We shall then focus on the 11. The Bible says they stayed together for a while, but they all went their separate ways. The point is that they all saw Christ after he died.

Furthermore, many other people are witness to this. The Bible says around 450 total saw him after his death. Now, if you believe the Bible is even close to an historical account, I have plenty to stand on. If, however, you just want to believe that the 11 saw him, fine.

Can you agree with me that the 11 saw him? There are other historical documents that descibe these men (Peter, Matthew, James, John, Andrew, Bartholemew, Simon, Thomas, etc...) I wish I could provide the names of the documents and the prose too. However, if you google these names, I am sure you will find a history of them. I am afraid I will have to rely on that. I am not good enough a historian to prove what I am about to say other than wikipedia, which is a poor reference.

But if you can research the 11, and you believe they existed as well as the man they call Jesus, please follow on.

The Bible and history also say that each of these men went into different regions. I can also prove by the Bible these men were pretty weak in character and in faith to begin with. We get the term "Doubting Thomas" from a slight incident where the apostle thomas doubted. Peter was always in trouble and Jesus rebuked him more than any other apostle. That's to his credit, and it's perhaps why he spearheaded so much. But none of them really believed Jesus when he said he would rise from the dead. These were weak men of believe, and weak men of esteem among men. Tax collectors, fishermen, publicans,etc.

If you are following me so far, after they saw Jesus (and I'm not asking you to believe he was seen of them) these weak men of character and faith had a severe change of heart. All of them except John the Revelator were murdered and died tortuous deaths. You won't find that in the Bible, but you will in the annuals of history. These men were separated from each other, yet they saw something that was so powerful, they wouldn't lie about it to save their own lives. They saw something that was so powerful, that they couldn't say, "Ok... We made it all up to make some money and start a new religion...." They died for what they saw, or thought they saw.

Going back, like I said... 450 or so people saw him. Let's talk about Paul... The Bible never says he met or saw Christ (though I believe it is possible he did). But something knocked his rear end cold enough for him to die for it.

Now, if 12 people let alone 450 people see someone in a city... Can you not think it was real? But if they are willing to die for it, why would you not believe their testimony?

There is also James who I call the half brother of Jesus. You can call him Jesus' brother for the time being, and that's fine. He's also a martyr and a witness, and a very powerful one.

This man didn't even believe in the divinity of Jesus until he died. The Bible says so. However, we have the testiment of him in the Bible. I'm pretty hard on James, and I don't agree with everything he says. However, the Bible says he believed. Josephus and history says he was cornered on top of the Church and thrown off when he refused to deny CHrist.

So I ask you did Christ raise from the dead? Paul said if we don't know that he did our belief is in vain. The Bible says he did, and history, logic and reasoning say he did. These men, who were formally of weak character, and never fully understood that Jesus was God, would not have been able to withstand the tortuous deaths they did if they didn't see something that convicted them so strongly. By the way, John was not martryed.... He didn't die for his beliefs. However, his eyes were poked out and he was boilded in oil, and convicted to a rat infested island for the criminally insane.

So, reseach these things... Explore whether they are true. How did each of Jesus' disciples die? Note that they never denied Christ. In today's American justice system, this is hard evidence. Eleven, twelve or 450 men as witnesses is pretty sufficient, especially when they were willing to be tortured and mutilated, and they never broke. They never denied they saw Jesus after he died.

These are historical accounts. So did Christ raise from the dead? On that day in April or March, a group of men and women saw something! They saw something so strong that they couldn't even lie about it to save their lives. Just imagine Peter or Thomas as they are being tortured and being asked, "do you admit you didn't see him?"

"I can't! I did see him! He's real! Please don't kill me, but he is real!"

So if you believe that Christ did raise from the dead, why wouldn't you believe God is real and the Bible is real?

Hey... I wasn't alive when the Japaneese bombed Pearl Harbor. But I heard accounts of it. Some of the men who were there are still alive today. But just because I wasn't alive for it, doesn't mean I don't believe it. How do you know that Lincoln was a real man? History? Well, outside of the Bible, do you believe Jesus was at least a man? Do you believe Peter and James and John were too?

If a fella can predict he would die, and then raise from the dead.... I gotta pay attention to that. That's one helluva trick to be stabbed, have all your blood drained, and be locked in a tomb for 72 hours with moral wounds and then walk through walls...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is simply suspending your disbelief long enough to experience the truth of God - you can do it JB!
His presence is undeniable and more than you can imagine.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

Who told you Christians don't have those questions? Those are the best questions to have IMHO!

Does God exist? Seek and you shall find. God want's us to seek him. If you have that question, you will search. I believe that God also wants us to test ourselves.

You sound like a new believer. If that's the case, give it time. If you've been a believer for a while, then give it time.

The very fact that you feel stressed over this tells me you're in a better place than you think. Those who don't have those questions have already given themselves the answer. That answer to more so than not, is, "There is no God, the Bible is a fairytale, and I know satan isn't tempting me because he doesn't exist.".

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Theories such as "evolution" are just that.

Humility causes us to know that by our own wisdom and powers of logic we all are for the most part unable to really know the miniscule details with absolute certainty. And that includes these scientists who often find down the road that there was error in what they first believed and so taught. They cannot even tell you all that is under the ground or below the surface of the sea, so how can they really know how all things came to be?

Disallow these prideful clamors of men boasting in their knowledge to interfere with your hearts pondering of the awesome wonders of creation for yourself.

Their belief that they know is illusion. Why put stock into what they say so that it blinds you from letting the splendor of glory that exists in all things from being able to speak to your heart?

Which is more solid, that which exists, or some man's opinion?

The Bible assures us that the glory of God is in all that He created and that it speaks to us about Him. If you do not give that a chance because you have trusted certain men in their belief that they have knowledge then you limit yourself to only thinking you know just as they think they know.

Psalms 19:1-3 KJV "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Job 37:14 "Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God."

Give love a chance to grow strong.