What about Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People sure get worked up over the topic of Hell. When it comes to ‘the place where everyone is going except me and my friends and family’, strong opinions abound

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I know where "I" turn to for Understanding Scripture, and a very few claim the same.
hmm, think so? seems like pretty much everyone claims this in some manner; i certainly do at least
Many openly reveal they rely on their own mind or an other mans mindful thoughts.
Their choice, not mine.
truth is established in the mouth of two or three, after all. So i guess at least there is a right way and a counterfeit for that, let's say?

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, but doesn't that basically define "denial?" :)

Getting into a word game.

You say a probability of something about me..
I disagree, I reject; You want to make it denial....all have the same negative connotation toward your implication....not toward what I believe.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, think so? seems like pretty much everyone claims this in some manner; i certainly do at least

I don't observe that as regularly claimed.
More so, the "I think", "logic", "open your mind", "this isn't said, so it must mean that", "if so n so meant this, he would have said that"....<--- that kind of stuff,

truth is established in the mouth of two or three, after all.

There is carnal truth, and carnal understanding.

Also there is spiritual truth, and spiritual understanding.

A few seem to have neither....like TOO open minded, brains fall out, and they fall for anything said.

So i guess at least there is a right way and a counterfeit for that, let's say?

Wouldn't call carnal mindedness and understanding counterfeit....and when it comes to spiritual things; God simply calls it foolishness, trying to find the spiritual understanding with a carnal mind.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, that is specifically what i did not do wadr, i am strictly speaking generally here

Ok, gotcha....I TOOK it as a "uh maybe so, maybe not"....and answered "as if" you wondered about the "if, maybe so".

Nothing personal or accusatory toward you.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is it...

Hotter than hell?
Or
Colder than hell?

LOL

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just sharing...

Biblical - firmament of water
...between Heaven and Earth
Biblical - gulf of water
...between saved and unsaved souls in hell
Wonder - saved souls no longer in hell.
...Gulf still there?
Biblical - no rain, no oceans, water from the ...earth upward - Garden of Eden
Water out from the earth.
...now, aquifer and from the sky's
Flood -
...covered the earth
Flood -
....aswayged
Science -
....under ocean caverans
....under earth oceans
Future -
....no oceans, only dry land
....division between Heaven and Earth opened
Future
....Water aswayged to beneath dry land?
....Division between dry earth and hell fire...
....Water separation?

God Bess,
Taken

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that quote is true?
I think I've made my position clear, "I'm not a fundamentalist or litralist as I would imagine most are on this site. The lights came on for me when I started understanding Jewish culture and that the Bible is a spiritual book which means that the truth that it opens up to us, is revealed to us by the Spirit NOT the human mind. Jesus said to Peter that "Flesh & blood did not reveal this to you, but my father in Heaven. Sadly most of Christendom is trapped in word games. Truth is all around us it just so happens that the Bible contains some of it. Its true that my kids love me but its not in the Bible.

The largest percentage of people who are encountering Christ today are Muslim, mostly through dreams and reading the Quran, have you read it. do you believe there is truth in it. Sadly much of Christendom has idealized the Bible and as has been said in this forum many have substituted the worship of the Bible instead of a relationship with Yeshua.

Shalom

I am surprised at the dualism in your opinion......seeing the Bible as a spiritual book does not discount a literal understanding

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 86 - KJV
13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Psalm 86 - NKJV
13 For great is Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

the Bible was originally written in Hebrew and Greek. Hell is an English word translating Hebrew word Sheol and the Greek word Hades. When hell was first used in the English language in the Bible it simply meant a place where all the dead righteous and unrighteous went to wait for a resurrection. Over the years though it came to mean a place where wicked went to be punished by fire, so many Bibles have stopped using the word hell.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible was originally written in Hebrew and Greek. Hell is an English word translating Hebrew word Sheol and the Greek word Hades. When hell was first used in the English language in the Bible it simply meant a place where all the dead righteous and unrighteous went to wait for a resurrection. Over the years though it came to mean a place where wicked went to be punished by fire, so many Bibles have stopped using the word hell.

Yep, the "underworld" was a waiting place for both the saved and unsaved souls.

The saved souls have been resurrected, and no more saved souls go to hell to wait.
They are all waiting in heaven to receive their glorified bodies.

Hell is still active, still a waiting place for unsaved souls, and it's doors open receiving more unsaved souls everyday. All waiting for Judgement day.

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you say so..and choose to believe that..hey , be my guest.
It just sounds like something parroted when you were first a Christian.

The concept of Eternal punishment though considered by many to be orthodox Christian doctrine, must be Challenged and indeed refuted. Some of its destructive implications are:-

• The character of God is maligned.
  • The devil is exalted and Jesus Christ is made a failure.
  • Numerous plain statements of scripture are contradicted.
  • Teachings of some of the most respected church fathers are contradicted.
  • Like a corrupt tree, it brings forth evil fruit
But, you guys obviously wish to cling to what you believe about God..go for it!
Enjoy.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, the "underworld" was a waiting place for both the saved and unsaved souls.

The saved souls have been resurrected, and no more saved souls go to hell to wait.
They are all waiting in heaven to receive their glorified bodies.

Hell is still active, still a waiting place for unsaved souls, and it's doors open receiving more unsaved souls everyday. All waiting for Judgement day.

God Bless,
Taken
I agree that there will be a resurrection of The righteous and unrighteous but that will be on the last day according to the Bible.That last day is not here yet,it's in the future.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that there will be a resurrection of The righteous and unrighteous but that will be on the last day according to the Bible.That last day is not here yet,it's in the future.

Sorry, I was not speaking of of the Body.

I was speaking of living souls, both saved and unsaved being in waiting in the underworld.

The saved souls have been removed, (resurected, probably the wrong word, since that applies to dead bodies)
And taken to heaven.
Eph 4:8-10

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People sure get worked up over the topic of Hell. When it comes to ‘the place where everyone is going except me and my friends and family’, strong opinions abound

Sure they do...

On the right hand you have Jesus teaching;
You ARE forgiven...
You ARE cleansed...
You ARE freed from sin...
You ARE sanctified...
You ARE saved...
You ARE born again...
You ARE kept Forever by the Power of God...

On the left hand you have Clerics teaching;
Oh No You're NOT...

And in the field you have the minions of the false teachers; wagging their tongue, pointing their finger, accusing, declaring in your face;
Oh No You're NOT...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

truth is established in the mouth of two or three, after all. So i guess at least there is a right way and a counterfeit for that, let's say?

Many claim...
"MY" church doctrine this, and that.
"THIS" "great scholar" said...
"THIS" "man" said...
"THIS" "philosopher" said...
"THIS" interpretation says...
"I" believe "THEM".
"I" agree with "THEM".
"I" am qualified to Figure out, Logically conclude, in my Mind, what Scripture means.

Scripture teaches what IS Acceptable to God IS, for man to BELIEVE, and BE in agreement with the Word of God.

Scripture also teaches what IS Acceptable to God IS, His Interpretation/Understanding of His Word.

Scripture also teaches His Interpretation/Understanding
IS NOT written IN INK ON PAPER for one to search and find.

Scripture teaches His Interpretation/Understanding IS a GIFT, He gives to one WHO seeks Him FOR His
Interpretation/Understanding.

My Point..
Rarely, does anyone make such a claim.
Often, the ones who do, are scoffed at.

God Bless,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I was not speaking of of the Body.

I was speaking of living souls, both saved and unsaved being in waiting in the underworld.

The saved souls have been removed, (resurected, probably the wrong word, since that applies to dead bodies)
And taken to heaven.
Eph 4:8-10

God Bless,
Taken

I don't agree. The Bible says there is going to be a resurrection of righteous (saved) and unrighteous(unsaved) on the last day.So I don't believe anyone has been moved anywhere, the last day isn't here yet.The Bible makes it clear that those who are righteous and deserve to go to heaven are resurrected to heaven so if you're saying the saved have been moved to heaven you are saying they have been resurrected to heaven and like I said I don't believe the last day is here yet it's future