What about Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are asleep............... Heaven That is were my husband is right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you call it Geenan instead of Gehenna?

Geenan is just from my Greek Interlinear Bible. It is actually about the valley of Hinnom of the OT. Our Lord Jesus compared the future "lake of fire" event to the old perpetual burning garbage pit that existed outside Jerusalem in the valley of Hinnom. At one time Judah fell to false worship by casting their sons in that fire, and God said such as idea never even came into His heart (Jer.7).

Reactions: Taken and GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Geenan is just from my Greek Interlinear Bible. It is actually about the valley of Hinnom of the OT. Our Lord Jesus compared the future "lake of fire" event to the old perpetual burning garbage pit that existed outside Jerusalem in the valley of Hinnom. At one time Judah fell to false worship by casting their sons in that fire, and God said such as idea never even came into His heart (Jer.7).
Gehinnom is the Hebrew. I guess gehenna is the English translation.

Reactions: Davy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if you could only Quote that tho

i mean, note how Tartarus for angels becomes "chastisement" for evildoers by v9,
2 Peter 2:9 Lexicon: then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment,

Strong's Greek: 2849. κολάζω (kolazó) -- to chastise

which you gotta dig even for "chastise," see, after English Scribes get done with it anyway

"to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment" is essentially a retarded Translation, deliberately deceptive imo

Thank you Mark. But you are wasting your time, as am I. They are too lazy to really check it out and sweat blood to find the truth.

But, are so "sure" that what they are spitting out to " new learner" is correct.

But, praise God...The Day will reveal it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not sure your point.
Where should the unrighteousness souls go and WAIT for judgement day?
you are accepting Judgement Day as some undefined future day in which we will all literally come before a throne here i guess, when the Lord's judgement comes...differently, more quickly than that imo, reflected in vv about "today" etc. Evildoers have already been judged, is another way to look at this maybe

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
amen to this, as to the rest i would say don't underestimate the power of a timely word to affect change in anyone--especially at 2 am! :)

regardless of any stated challenges in a post, iow. and regardless of any challenging in realtime, you gotta consider that we have at least ten readers for every reply. Prolly closer to a hundred even?

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Mark. But you are wasting your time, as am I. They are too lazy to really check it out and sweat blood to find the truth.

But, are so "sure" that what they are spitting out to " new learner" is correct.

Astonishing.
Write too much you complain.
Write too little you complain.
Scripture is correct and true.
Hell is mentioned 700 times in scripture.
You want to not believe scripture, in hell, that's your choice.
However I will encourage a new learner to read and trust to believe scripture, even when they hear others "spitting out" their beliefs in contrast to scripture.

Praise be to the Lord who has already reveal it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are accepting Judgement Day as some undefined future day in which we will all literally come before a throne here i guess, when the Lord's judgement comes...differently, more quickly than that imo, reflected in vv about "today" etc. Evildoers have already been judged, is another way to look at this maybe

Um, no.
Creation is not a mystery.
God created celestrials and terrestrials, each having their own estate, created precisely By God and For Gods pleasure.
Both celestrials and terrestrials have Freewill;
They can commit, submit, and become Gods forever.
Or they can reject God and become separated from God forever.
And what we choose, we shall receive.
Choose God; and (celestials) Remain with God; or Choose God and (terrestrials) Become His forever, and your estate, shall be forever, the estate He created for such.
Reject God; and you shall be removed, cast out, to another permanent estate, separated from God forever.

No, those who are cast DOWN, do not stand before the throne of God. The Son of man (Jesus), with his power (Christ) shall go to their estate, (Hell) and judge and sentence them.

Until Judgement, (their chastisement;})(celestrials) is confinement and from movement upon the earth, and sky's.
(Their punishment) (terrestirals): is confinement, separated from God, Holy Angels, godly men, Gods pleasentries, comforts, access to the earths surface, etc.

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...there is never any uncertainty with God....but man, if he is wise, will always second guess his own interpretation of what God has said.
We would all be fools to not agree with The Book....but we are fools if we are so sure of our own interpretation of what God said.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well put imo :)
What specifically is your opposition? Or otherwise your uncertainty?

God Bless,
Taken
he who says he knows anything does not yet know it as he ought

i guess mostly; i mean, we could start at "creation is not a mystery" and work down from there, even,
but see at least with a scientist he will acknowledge that what he has is a theory, iow subject to correction,
even if scientists defend usually their theories no less vigorously than believers do.
not too many Einsteins out there of either stripe, i guess
iow hard to find one who says "this seems to proceed from that, this is my theory, however i doubt it myself."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Awesome!

He provides His Word to us.
No one is forced to hear it, read it, or believe it.

Some men hear, some men read, some say they believe; yet MANY do not Trust to believe ALL His Word.

For those that DO and Confess to Him...
He is available 24-7 to give "HIS" understanding, (what some might call interpretation) of His Own Word.

No need for men to "interpret" His Word!

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well put imo :)

he who says he knows anything does not yet know it as he ought

i guess mostly; i mean, we could start at "creation is not a mystery" and work down from there, even,

I would say; it is imparative for the speaker, or otherwise one Making claims; to state his premise;

Meaning: in anything regarding spiritual things; some believe ALL of Scripture; some pick and choose out of Scripture what they believe; some believe none of it; some are not sure what they believe.

I believe all of Scripture.

but see at least with a scientist he will acknowledge that what he has is a theory, iow subject to correction,
even if scientists defend usually their theories no less vigorously than believers do.

Scientists have their beliefs, regarding their profession, that also have a range;
Some IMO some are viable, some hokey, some to effect good, some to effect evil.

not too many Einsteins out there of either stripe, i guess
iow hard to find one who says "this seems to proceed from that, this is my theory, however i doubt it myself."

^ that, happens all the time, Scripturally, by men who SAY they believe Scripture; and then say....well, but, except, "this part".

I can simply say, spiritually, I believe all scripture is true, and can easily use Scripture to verify my beliefs.
If another does not, well then, it's just going to be a matter of disagreement, since providing verification in Scripture (an other does not believe) would be moot.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...as a theory, i would agree; stated as a fact or truth, not so much

If Scripture were a man made theory, I would likely find it hokey.

As a fact, I trust to believe the Scriptures are True.

Agree. And precisely why philosophies and minds of men can not "interpret", or otherwise try to figure out Gods understanding of HIS OWN word. His understanding comes from Him.

Just as if you say something that it's not clear what you mean, I will ask you, not another poster.

I think one of the big reasons there are so many "Christian" denominations, lands on mindful interpretations, and a congregation that agrees with the "Chruches" interpretation. THAT especially appears to be so, with Catholics, IMO. But it does not discount many Protestants Churches do the same.

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only know of one "Annihilationists" here on Site...I didn't know there were more.
I don't hold it myself. But if I didn't already believe in the greater grace of God and restitution of all things...I probably would.
You aren't speaking of me, are you?

Reactions: Helen