What about Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ~ What about Hell?

Helen ~ Nancy ~ Frank

A place for Living souls?

In the beginning, after the earth was created, ALL the host of the earth was created.

However NOT ALL the host of the earth was Revealed.

Every one of the "hosts" of the earth, simply called a MAN-KIND of thing....immediately after the MAN-KIND of thing called the FORM, the BODY, is FORMED....It FIRST INTAKE of a BREATH....IS given it ....

From the air, God provides to Sustain it during its LIFETIME ON Earth? No.

It is a BREATH of LIFE from God, INTO the formed Body.......
Gen 2:7 "the LORD God breathed INTO the Mans nostrils, the breath of Life".

THIS IS the FIRST "CHANGE" of a "created" thing, being MADE changed, called a terrestrial thing, ie an Earthly Body.

This CHANGE, causes the MAN to BE and HAVE, a LIVING BODY and a LIVING SOUL, and ONE given NAME, for both of those things, that a MAN-KIND of thing IS and HAS.

Man IS a body, and HAS a body.
Man IS a soul, and HAS a soul.

The Life OF the BODY, is it's BLOOD.
Gen 9:4. Gen 9:5

WITHOUT the Living soul, IN the Body, the LIFE of the Body (BLOOD)....WILL NOT function.

Blood that is NOT functioning in the BODY, the heart will not beat, and without a beating heart, the BODY will Cease being Living.

While the Living Soul, IN and OF a man, is CALLED by one NAME, given the mans BODY......the SOUL within the mans body, BELONGS TO GOD.

Ezek 18:4
Behold, ALL souls are mine...

And ALL LIFE in the souls are "Jesus'".

John 14:6
I am....the life.

Mans bodily BLOOD life IS his. A man can maintain his life, or a man can KILL his life, and KILL the life of other men....and their BODY will Cease Living.

Regardless if a man maintains his Blood Life, or his Blood life is killed.....God Himself requires the LIFE (BLOOD LIFE) of ALL men...
In short, ALL Bodies, shall cease Living.

No man has the POWER, to separate LIFE of Gods Breath "FROM" a SOUL.

Matt 10:28
Man able to kill the body, but NOT the soul.

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

There is no doubt in my mind that the concept of hell as a place of torment for those not attaining to Life is a man-made misconception. Life is Jesus. Those without Him are already dead and will remain so. Their future once the dirt is thrown over their faces in the grave [hell] is simply non-existence. Why would God punish a dead man for staying dead? He simply has no reward; he has no Life; he has unending death.
Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ~ What about Hell?

Helen ~ Nancy ~ Frank

Hell called by several Names?

WHY?

Different tongues/languages.
Imaginations of Living men, WITH their LIVING SOUL, WHO HAVE NOT BEEN TO HELL.
Speculating on limited Knowledge, of WHAT a living soul would SEE / Experience IN HELL.

Utter suffering, being separated FROM God.
No ...
Pleasant aromas
Light
Comfort
Beauty

Pretty much, what men CAN experience ON the EARTH (and have enjoyed)....IS NOT AVAILABLE TO their Living SOUL IN Hell.

Who could IMAGINE such a place?
The Jews did.
They imagined, BY WHAT THEY COULD SEE.

WHAT DID THEY SEE in the Valley of Hinnom, a place just outside of Jerusalem?

A place where some of the Kings of Judah, sacrificed their children ALIVE in burning fires, of which their screams of agony could be heard, and the stench of burning flesh could be smelled as it filled the air.

(ever smelled burned flesh? I have, it is putrid, and gagging, as is the smell of a dead rotting corpse).

This place, translated and called Gehenna. A place imaginable to what the center of the earth is Like, for Living souls, separated from God.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ~ what about Hell?

Helen ~ Nancy ~ Frank

Sheol...Hades...Tartus..Gehenna...

Languages, tongues of the Jews, the Greeks, of words to relate to the Underworld, Burial, Graves, Places of Death.

Hell, is the same things, different language.
A place of separation from the Living ON Earth.

It is from the shallow grave of a dead body, to the heart of the earth for the Living souls.

IN HELL, there WAS a DIVISION, just as their is a DIVISION between the higher heavens and earth, already established, called, firmament.

In Hell there WAS ALSO a division of WATERS, called a GULF.
Luke 16:26

The Gulf DIVIDED, Living souls { departed out of their Dead and buried bodies }
Living souls SAVED unto God, WITH God....
From
Living souls NOT SAVED unto God, WITHOUT God.

Those Living SOULS ON each side of the Gulf...could SEE and HEAR....the Living soul on the OTHER sides of the Gult....yet Neither could CROSS to the Other side.

ONE SIDE, had God "WITH" THEM...Gods TREE OF LIFE. They were IN Comfort, pleasantry, assurance the Lord would Come FOR THEM, and they forever BE WITH the Lord God.

ON the OTHER SIDE, was those "WITHOUT" God....No comfort, No pleasantries, No assurance to forever BE WITH the Lord God.

NO POSSIBILITY for either SIDE, of the Living SOULS, to depart out of Either SIDE of Hell, BY THEIR OWN POWER.

Knowledge....one side is Comfort...one side is torments.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is no doubt in my mind that the concept of hell as a place of torment for those not attaining to Life is a man-made misconception. Life is Jesus. Those without Him are already dead and will remain so. Their future once the dirt is thrown over their faces in the grave [hell] is simply non-existence. Why would God punish a dead man for staying dead? He simply has no reward; he has no Life; he has unending death.
imo if it were merely a misconception that would be one thing, but i don't think that is the best characterization?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
No! They are probably worlds apart from me in many things, but who that is called a cult completely misses it all? Who that is called mainstream Christianity has it all? Does anyone here have all that God has for him as a man still in the flesh?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo if it were merely a misconception that would be one thing, but i don't think that is the best characterization?
Perhaps not.

Hell itself is part of God's plan. What is it? If we look around this forum how many threads exist giving all of the details of what men say they believe about hell with definitions and explanations of all the words translated into the English word, hell?

Men are intended by God to grow closer to Him. That is that is probably His best intention for us. Yet also in His plan a 'devil's hell' was included. Did did He not make it one more thing on which men could focus instead of the best things in His plan? What result should we expect from that? What we see often on this forum may be the answer to that last question.

D

Dave L

No! They are probably worlds apart from me in many things, but who that is called a cult completely misses it all? Who that is called mainstream Christianity has it all? Does anyone here have all that God has for him as a man still in the flesh?
You seem to hold Jehovah's Witnesses views, or possibly Oneness Pentecostal views, so that's why I'm curious.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to hold Jehovah's Witnesses views, or possibly Oneness Pentecostal views, so that's why I'm curious.
JW never, but I was an active member of different Oneness Jesus Only groups for 11 years ending in 1987. With them I learned to read the Bible for the first time in my life and many others things, but when I left I guess it was already overdue. God has moved me a long way since then. He is not finished with me yet.

D

Dave L

JW never, but I was an active member of different Oneness Jesus Only groups for 11 years ending in 1987. With them I learned to read the Bible for the first time in my life and many others things, but when I left I guess it was already overdue. God has moved me a long way since then. He is not finished with me yet.
I had a oneness boss who came out of a Methodist Church. I explained to him my baptism in Jesus' name as a trinitarian and he was pretty impressed. Invited me out to share with him and his family from the scriptures. He never heard of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit simultaneously existing in Jesus the man. He always thought God wore three hats, so to speak, at different times. Called Modalism in history.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a oneness boss who came out of a Methodist Church. I explained to him my baptism in Jesus' name as a trinitarian and he was pretty impressed. Invited me out to share with him and his family from the scriptures. He never heard of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit simultaneously existing in Jesus the man. He always thought God wore three hats, so to speak, at different times. Called Modalism in history.
I am glad God has used you to show people things. He has also used me even though we both know we are quite different on several things. The end goal is or should be the same, but sometimes it is necessary to walk slightly different pathways to get there because of where we have been and where we are now.

I have been too different places with God to be too critical against others who are not now in the same place I am. This experience helps me to understand why the most important thing to God is charity [love] as per I Corinthians 13. Some have disagreed with me on this last thing, but it is one of those areas where I am more fixed than on others, but still I always try to remain open to God not telling Him what is absolute and what is not.

D

Dave L

I am glad God has used you to show people things. He has also used me even though we both know we are quite different on several things. The end goal is or should be the same, but sometimes it is necessary to walk slightly different pathways to get there because of where we have been and where we are now.

I have been too different places with God to be too critical against others who are not now in the same place I am. This experience helps me to understand why the most important thing to God is charity [love] as per I Corinthians 13. Some have disagreed with me on this last thing, but it is one of those areas where I am more fixed than on others, but still I always try to remain open to God not telling Him what is absolute and what is not.
It's like a two sided coin with me. Jesus is Lord when love rules our thoughts and actions. But he is also truth personified. And to know the truth about him is to know him, plus the freedom from today's false entanglements he provides.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like a two sided coin with me. Jesus is Lord when love rules our thoughts and actions. But he is also truth personified. And to know the truth about him is to know him, plus the freedom from today's false entanglements he provides.
Although I have a stand with regard to the nature of God, I also see this two sided coin you mention. I see no real difference between the problems of the Jesus Only position and the Trinitarian position. I am unable to embrace either one of them even though I understand why some others do in each case. This difference between how this one and how that one sees the nature of God is another one of those things that is included purposely by Him in His plan. Can Trinitarians and Oneness people really love each other in spite of their differences? If they cannot, then ultimately who has the advantage in the eyes of God?

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
D

Dave L

Although I have a stand with regard to the nature of God, I also see this two sided coin you mention. I see no real difference between the problems of the Jesus Only position and the Trinitarian position. I am unable to embrace either one of them even though I understand why some others do in each case. This difference between how this one and how that one sees the nature of God is another one of those things that is included purposely by Him in His plan. Can Trinitarians and Oneness people really love each other in spite of their differences? If they cannot, then ultimately who has the advantage in the eyes of God?
It's not a matter of faith as much as a matter of accuracy in presenting what scripture says about God and the man Jesus bearing his name. And I stand in awe of God knowing what I know about him where before I did not.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ~ What about HeLL?

Helen ~ Nancy ~ Frank

Jesus ~ appears on Earth.
The Word of God, in the Flesh likeness "AS" an "earthly man".

Remember....Celestrials have bodies and Terrestirals have bodies. Terrestrials can not SEE Celestrial Bodies.......UNLESS a Celestrial Body, takes upon himself the Likeness "as" a "Terrestrial" Body.

1 Cor 15:40
Col 1:15 "invisible God"
Phil 2:7,8. "Likeness AS an (earthly) man.

Jesus' BODY was Killed....BURIED in a Cave, of the EARTH (but did not suffer decay).

While His BODY was Buried in a Cave....
His Living Soul WENT to the Heart of the earth.

Matt 12:40

3 days Later....His Living Soul RETURNED to His Body, and His body resumed LIVING and rose up from being dead in a Cave, and exited the Cave.

Jesus was NOT the FIRST, for His Body to be DEAD, and His Living soul to depart out of His Dead Body, and then His Living soul to Reeturn to His Body, and His Body resume Living.

Example...
Gen 35:18

Example...
1 Kings 17: 15-24

Example....
John 11:19
John 11:25
John 11: 41, 42, 43, 44

Jesus was THE FIRST, For His Living Soul, to Depart His Dead Body:
His Body TO NOT ROT/Decay.
His Living SOUL to GO to Hell.....AND....LEAVE HELL, and return to His Body...AFTER HAVING BeeN IN HeLL.

As Jesus IS FIRST, BEFORE ALL THINGS.
Col 1:17

Everything is Created and Made, BY the Word of God, and the Power of God.

The Word of God, revealed to us IS CALLED JESUS.
John 1:1

The Power of God, revealed to us IS CALLED
CHRIST...
1 Cor 1:24

Any MAKING/Changing of a Created thing... is always accomplished BY and OF the Word of God and BY and OF the Power of God.

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a matter of faith as much as a matter of accuracy in presenting what scripture says about God and the man Jesus bearing his name. And I stand in awe of God knowing what I know about him where before I did not.
Each of us knows what we know and believes what we believe. What I believe is that people for the most part do not know the difference between what they really know about God and what they only believe.

To be accurate and know that you are, you have to know on a given point rather than simply believe. But God did not provide for us to live for Him by knowledge, but by faith. Standing for too many absolutes will almost certainly mean that we are walking in some measure in error.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

Each of us knows what we know and believes what we believe. What I believe is that people for the most part do not know the difference between what they really know about God and what they only believe.

To be accurate and know that you are, you have to know on a given point rather than simply believe. But God did not provide for us to live for Him by knowledge, but by faith. Standing for too many absolutes will almost certainly mean that we are walking in some measure in error.
But, we run the risk of worshiping a false Christ (idol) if after being exposed to the truth, we reject him as defined by scripture.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

word

Reactions: Helen