What are we today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cheating ? Where do people pull that sort of stuff from lol ? Sounds absolutely wonderful, and can I get that without being on Chrome?

Do you have a cell phone? Lots of apps you can download.

There is also a downoadable program I love called esword. You can also get the program on a disk if you have an old school computer. That might take a $10 donation, but it is worth it.

Let the need be known!

Reactions: Job

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you. I will give it shot. My youngest is just about to arrive, to 'babysit' my puppy, so I can get to the shops. Ah yes, the re-joys of 'motherhood' . But the minute I have the time, I will be checking it out.. Was in a bit of a rush when I got halfway through my messages, I shouldn't do that. Obviously I don't read things as well as I should if in a hurry

Reactions: Job

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you have a cell phone? Lots of apps you can download.

There is also a downoadable program I love called esword. You can also get the program on a disk if you have an old school computer. That might take a $10 donation, but it is worth it.

Let the need be known!
Wonderful, but alas, I am mobile phoneless just at the present....I do have the old e-sword, but have not had much success using any part of the concordance if it's even there, I am terrible at technology lol..... Thank you, I will keep it in mind when I get another phone... :)

Reactions: FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful, but alas, I am mobile phoneless just at the present....I do have the old e-sword, but have not had much success using any part of the concordance if it's even there, I am terrible at technology lol..... Thank you, I will keep it in mind when I get another phone... :)

Ok... Hope that happens soon as it is a great help.

In the mean time... Read the old paper and ink if you have to!

I have read Tertillian, calvin and Luther. Briefly Augustine and a few others. i also have read William Brahnam.

I don't care what anyone thinks about these guys... But the could hang with us without computers in a debate with us with them. These guys did it old school! And in the end, your base knowledge will be stronger.

Reactions: Pisteuo

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some people think it's cheating if you use search engines to search for scriptures. I see it as no different than asking the person next to you.

There's a site called Bible Hub that I use all the time. It gives the verse I was searching for and the cross references for that verse.

Here's an example of "the Lord searches the heart": Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Check it out and tell me what you think.

g
I have now safely tucked it into my bookmarks, looks very thorough. Thanks for that :)

Reactions: Job and FHII

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok... Hope that happens soon as it is a great help.

In the mean time... Read the old paper and ink if you have to!

I have read Tertillian, calvin and Luther. Briefly Augustine and a few others. i also have read William Brahnam.

I don't care what anyone thinks about these guys... But the could hang with us without computers in a debate with us with them. These guys did it old school! And in the end, your base knowledge will be stronger.
When I first met some Christians I went to a library to borrow a Bible, for one, but also histories of religions throughout the ages, and some of it was actually quite shocking to me, what sort of foundation they were , pretty much, all built on.
I was always a good reader and did well at school. Loved to study, and I still do, up to a point. When it comes to Jesus, I stay away from a lot of the written controversy, as I believe we were given a much more enduring covenant...That of having a personal, intimate relationship ( and that takes at least two ) with Him, as we are being offered.....As He says to I think the pharisees :" You search your writings daily, thinking that in them you have salvation, but you refuse to come to ME."....I think that is as true today as it was then...I really do not encounter many people who really want to have that with Him, ASTONISHING ! Some are honest and tell me they are afraid, and some I cannot console enough for them to reach out to Him, but others have listened, and what a marvelous sight to behold, that moment in a persons whole being, when you can 'see' that the connection has been established....Just wonderful..
I'm not sure who William Brahnam is, cannot recall coming across that, who was He ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It also just now occurred to me that we are called lots of different things. His sheep, His lambs, His Bride, Joint Heirs with Christ, Seated in the Heavenly realm with Christ, Saints of Christ, Servants of Christ, Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I am sure I have missed a couple, but you get my drift.
Totally, I have to agree with that as I said similar things myself on page #1 :D
I don't know why people need boxes to put the things of God into.
We , God's people , are:- Sheep, Virgins, children, sons, The body, the church...the bride, the temple.
A kingdom of priests, a peculiar people...etc etc etc...

As I read the scriptures ( especially Pauls books) it shows that we have two things going on. #1 our spiritual position in Jesus Christ, but also #2 which is our daily walking experience in Christ.
Maybe everyone here is very much more spiritual than I am, but ...so often I find my walk is not quite at the spiritual level as my position "in -Christ". Even though Paul knew and preached our spiritual position, he also encouraged us to "lay aside every weight...and run the race..."
We are totally secure in our position.... but, as I know I have said before and bored you all to death...our works will be weighed...
2 Cor 6:10 " For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."
That refers to our daily walk, not to our spiritual position, which is steadfast and sure .

Just my two cents worth. :)

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well I actually DO know a few things, but it also took up to 30'odd years to get to know...... :)
ha--i think what the passage is really saying is that there is always another side to "truth," at least here on earth. An example might be, what do you know? Is there an opposite pov that is valid?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Some people think it's cheating if you use search engines to search for scriptures. I see it as no different than asking the person next to you.

There's a site called Bible Hub that I use all the time. It gives the verse I was searching for and the cross references for that verse.

Here's an example of "the Lord searches the heart": Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Check it out and tell me what you think.

g
good Lex there, too. But it is New Strong's, and there are errors.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally, I have to agree with that as I said similar things myself on page #1 :D

As I read the scriptures ( especially Pauls books) it shows that we have two things going on. #1 our spiritual position in Jesus Christ, but also #2 which is our daily walking experience in Christ.
Maybe everyone here is very much more spiritual than I am, but ...so often I find my walk is not quite at the spiritual level as my position "in -Christ". Even though Paul knew and preached our spiritual position, he also encouraged us to "lay aside every weight...and run the race..."
We are totally secure in our position.... but, as I know I have said before and bored you all to death...our works will be weighed...
2 Cor 6:10 " For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."
That refers to our daily walk, not to our spiritual position, which is steadfast and sure .

Just my two cents worth. :)

Paul had this to say about the subject.

1 Cor 3:10-15
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
NKJV

Reactions: Helen and ScottA

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha--i think what the passage is really saying is that there is always another side to "truth," at least here on earth. An example might be, what do you know? Is there an opposite pov that is valid?
For me personally, I count the things Jesus has told me as Truth, and therefore I can know it. He told me a fair amount of personal things as well as other things, which came to pass, so I saw, therefore I KNOW a few things, and I do mean just a few. Hard to explain, you just know He isn't lying...Don't know how to explain that to anyone

Reactions: bbyrd009